FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The cold, impersonal side of fab

The cold, impersonal side of fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have been on fab for a while and met many folk but I am constantly taken aback at how.many guys are happy to grab your attention and then expect you to have sex with them without being interested in you and keen to keep in touch even on here! Has anyone else.found this? I not remotely interested in a relationship but I do find men are increasingly expecting us ladies to be little more than a glory hole. It is for that reason I am meeting men only socially for the time being with a view to getting to know someone before being intimate. Fortunately I have sensed this before getting intimate but there has been the odd guy I have been with and felt used afterwards - not a good feeling at all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With the odd exception I prefer people not to stay in touch. I hate messages the day after asking when the next time will be etc.

It's swinging, not dating.

Some people probably prefer it that way rather than appearing clingy

"With the odd exception I prefer people not to stay in touch. I hate messages the day after asking when the next time will be etc.

It's swinging, not dating."

No no wasnt meaning messages like that.. I meant general updates asking how things are etc..the last thing I would want was a stalker!

"With the odd exception I prefer people not to stay in touch. I hate messages the day after asking when the next time will be etc.

Agreed. Otherwise its not really no strings.

Men want sex, women want to get to know them first.

I actually like the idea of knowing something about anyone I have been intimate with...not talking about being pals on Facebook though!

No no wasnt meaning messages like that.. I meant general updates asking how things are etc..the last thing I would want was a stalker! "

They're easily obtained on here!

[Removed by poster at 01/11/16 19:21:01]

I keep it pure nsa. I alwais send a message after and say it was a good meet, then if anything more happens, that is fine too

I agree .. I'm not a piece of meat .. u can swing and still get to know someone and feel like they have some level of respect for you and not just be discarded like a piece of trash ... it's happened a few times to me and like the op I now will only have socials with men until I get to know someone .. and it's not about dating .. it's about more than just fuck and go

i think i get what you mean.

a lot of men expect us to service them without them making much effort. some guys can do this well, i've had a few guys on here who i'm happy to meet up with whenever they want 'servicing', but i know i'm gonna enjoy that sex and so what if they are using me i'm enjoying that and using them too.

initially, we all need some kind of knowledge that our meet is going to be enjoyable AND safe.

i'd like most of my meets to catch up with me here and there for no reason at all except they wanna check i'm ok. not sure why but i guess it makes you feel like you aren't their only/last option.

"I agree .. I'm not a piece of meat .. u can swing and still get to know someone and feel like they have some level of respect for you and not just be discarded like a piece of trash ... it's happened a few times to me and like the op I now will only have socials with men until I get to know someone .. and it's not about dating .. it's about more than just fuck and go "

Totally true

"I agree .. I'm not a piece of meat .. u can swing and still get to know someone and feel like they have some level of respect for you and not just be discarded like a piece of trash ... it's happened a few times to me and like the op I now will only have socials with men until I get to know someone .. and it's not about dating .. it's about more than just fuck and go "

Sounds like dating to me.

im the same.. we have friends but they are people we have genuinely become friends with. when on as a single I would cancel meets if people expected me to stay in touch after meets were sorted. Let alone after.

No strings is the default mode for swinging or at least it used to be

If friendship happens so be it but if you didn't click... That goes both ways... why force or bemoan it?

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I like to get to know someone before I even will socially meet them..

There is nothing worse than there not being any attraction and having nothing in common and that awkward silence when you do finally meet up.

"I agree .. I'm not a piece of meat .. u can swing and still get to know someone and feel like they have some level of respect for you and not just be discarded like a piece of trash ... it's happened a few times to me and like the op I now will only have socials with men until I get to know someone .. and it's not about dating .. it's about more than just fuck and go

Sounds like dating to me."

Doesn't to me, it sounds like wanting a regular meet or a friendship. Nowt wrong with that. I can appreciate a good one-off meet, but I also enjoy repeat meets. I don't find the one-offs cold, but I don't find the repeats anything remotely like dating either.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Think it's different for singles and couples I like to stay in contact unless it was just a one off meet etc

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"I have been on fab for a while and met many folk but I am constantly taken aback at how.many guys are happy to grab your attention and then expect you to have sex with them without being interested in you and keen to keep in touch even on here! Has anyone else.found this? I not remotely interested in a relationship but I do find men are increasingly expecting us ladies to be little more than a glory hole. It is for that reason I am meeting men only socially for the time being with a view to getting to know someone before being intimate. Fortunately I have sensed this before getting intimate but there has been the odd guy I have been with and felt used afterwards - not a good feeling at all."

I can assure you we are not all like that anyone I regularly talk to on here or elsewhere would back me up on that fact about how I conduct myself .that even means how I behave towards those I will never have the chance to play with to. you see I treat play partners the same as I treat non play partners or possible play partners as friends.

now your post can also describe the behaviour of some woman out there to OP.

as for leaving a play partner feeling used never going to happen with me for the simple reason if I'm playing with you I view you as a friend at the very least and I am the kind of guy who stays in daily or twice weekly contact with his friends you will always be hearing from me in between meets even if that was a very long time due to distances involved as well as that pesky thing called real life with its commitments that interfere with fun .

To be fair I've never understood the fuck buddy thing either - so my view on dating will be at odds with many on here

Maybe the guys that just want to blow their beans and leave should meet couples for fucks because couples have each other for intimacy and cuddles and all the soppy shit. Guys that want a little more from their meets should meet the single women that also want more from their meets.

"Think it's different for singles and couples I like to stay in contact unless it was just a one off meet etc "
i tend to talk more as a couple.. as a single even knowing there name was a rare thingm

"I have been on fab for a while and met many folk but I am constantly taken aback at how.many guys are happy to grab your attention and then expect you to have sex with them without being interested in you and keen to keep in touch even on here! Has anyone else.found this? I not remotely interested in a relationship but I do find men are increasingly expecting us ladies to be little more than a glory hole. It is for that reason I am meeting men only socially for the time being with a view to getting to know someone before being intimate. Fortunately I have sensed this before getting intimate but there has been the odd guy I have been with and felt used afterwards - not a good feeling at all.

I can assure you we are not all like that anyone I regularly talk to on here or elsewhere would back me up on that fact about how I conduct myself .that even means how I behave towards those I will never have the chance to play with to. you see I treat play partners the same as I treat non play partners or possible play partners as friends.

as for leaving a play partner feeling used never going to happen with me for the simple reason if I'm playing with you I view you as a friend at the very least and I am the kind of guy who stays in daily or twice weekly contact with his friends you will always be hearing from me in between meets even if that was a very long time due to distances involved as well as that pesky thing called real life with its commitments that interfere with fun .

"

Wish there were many more like you!

"Maybe the guys that just want to blow their beans and leave should meet couples for fucks because couples have each other for intimacy and cuddles and all the soppy shit. Guys that want a little more from their meets should meet the single women that also want more from their meets.

"

I'm in favour of this.

You deal with the clingy ones and we'll take the eat, shoot & leaves. Sorted

I kind of get this. But I agree with the Op too

We are humans. And will always be no mayer how you package yourself for a meet. I will only see that as we talk.

I want to know who I meet. I like to know things about you, hidden things you don't think is important, tells me what type of things I might do to please you.

I don't like the idea of a cold meeting. It's better when you get to know each other.

Everyone has their own take on this and their own approach as far as keeping in touch after a meet or not goes - some like complete NSA while others are big on the social side. I think the best you can do is just operate in a way that works for you, and take each person as they come! Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks innit!

in the eye of the storm

"I have been on fab for a while and met many folk but I am constantly taken aback at how.many guys are happy to grab your attention and then expect you to have sex with them without being interested in you and keen to keep in touch even on here! Has anyone else.found this? I not remotely interested in a relationship but I do find men are increasingly expecting us ladies to be little more than a glory hole. It is for that reason I am meeting men only socially for the time being with a view to getting to know someone before being intimate. Fortunately I have sensed this before getting intimate but there has been the odd guy I have been with and felt used afterwards - not a good feeling at all.

Wish there were many more like you!"

and I wish there was more women who don't fear friendship but sadly there are rather a lot who shy away from even friendship because its a commitment of a sort .

I'm happy to have both kinds of meets. I have had the pleasure of chatting with some lovely people and sometimes it's the day to day stuff, the check ins. Others are just purely fuck and go. Because sometimes they're pretty but, actually, we've not that much in common. That's the fun of it... the variety. The potential.

"Maybe the guys that just want to blow their beans and leave should meet couples for fucks because couples have each other for intimacy and cuddles and all the soppy shit. Guys that want a little more from their meets should meet the single women that also want more from their meets.

I'm in favour of this.

You deal with the clingy ones and we'll take the eat, shoot & leaves. Sorted "

It's how it should be anyway, makes sense to me. Guys that purely want just a fuck should meet couples or women that are cheating on their partners. Everyone knows where they stand and can see it for what it is and that is just sex.

We are humans. And will always be no mayer how you package yourself for a meet. I will only see that as we talk.

I want to know who I meet. I like to know things about you, hidden things you don't think is important, tells me what type of things I might do to please you.

I don't like the idea of a cold meeting. It's better when you get to know each other. "

We do talk to the people we meet

But not in the 'tell me a secret' kind of way

Sometimes we're even honest about the county we live in and our actual names. Admittedly not often

"

I agree, I want at least 1 hour and a half of booty snuggling afterwards

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im not bothered about the after as much as the before, i take my time to get to know someone, i have a social, then if we get on a play meet. A guy who invests that much time in me doesnt make me feel like a piece of meet.

Some will be one offs, some regular and some firm friends. But i neever feel like a piece of meat

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I have been on fab for a while and met many folk but I am constantly taken aback at how.many guys are happy to grab your attention and then expect you to have sex with them without being interested in you and keen to keep in touch even on here! Has anyone else.found this? I not remotely interested in a relationship but I do find men are increasingly expecting us ladies to be little more than a glory hole. It is for that reason I am meeting men only socially for the time being with a view to getting to know someone before being intimate. Fortunately I have sensed this before getting intimate but there has been the odd guy I have been with and felt used afterwards - not a good feeling at all."

I get what you mean and expect the same myself to be honest, but then I do have on my profile that I am not a fuck and go type of person and will easily call someone on it.

We only "fuck" friends, we have socials and establish friendships, but that's because unless we are at a club we don't do one offs. As I meet single guys too that's even more important that I feel comfortable in their company.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think I prefer a flurry of excited messages to and fro up to a meet and a veri and thank you after and go quiet for while till the next opportunity. I don't want to be needy or clingy and prefer to give people space.

If the person is miles away and the meets are few and far between I'll chat happy as Larry.

I'm confused. Anyone who mentions only wanting sex is told swinging is more than just sex and then when someone says they want more than just sex but not a relationship, they're told it sounds like dating

I have to have a connection with someone before having sex with them and I like keeping in touch afterwards. I like repeat meets

I agree, I want at least 1 hour and a half of booty snuggling afterwards "

Yep and I like guys to sleep over for the night.

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

Totally agree x

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I'm confused. Anyone who mentions only wanting sex is told swinging is more than just sex and then when someone says they want more than just sex but not a relationship, they're told it sounds like dating

I have to have a connection with someone before having sex with them and I like keeping in touch afterwards. I like repeat meets "

^^^Exactly this

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I'm confused. Anyone who mentions only wanting sex is told swinging is more than just sex and then when someone says they want more than just sex but not a relationship, they're told it sounds like dating

I have to have a connection with someone before having sex with them and I like keeping in touch afterwards. I like repeat meets "

some people i chat to most weeks maybe once or twice - some only when we are free - most i drop a message to every 2 or 3 weeks -

I don't like the idea of a cold meeting. It's better when you get to know each other. "

Totally agree.

+1 for this

"and I wish there was more women who don't fear friendship but sadly there are rather a lot who shy away from even friendship because its a commitment of a sort . "

this is me to a degree. it's why fab suits me really well. i'd like to trust people but have realised that working the way i was on here means i won't find people i can trust, so have changed how i work on here for now.

Totally agree with you x

Yep and I like guys to sleep over for the night. "

Hmmm, sleepover for me would only be acceptable if a fine breakfast follows afterwards. Can't be skipping the most important meal of the day.

I have to have a connection with someone before having sex with them and I like keeping in touch afterwards. I like repeat meets

Totally agree with you x"

This

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

do what you feel is right for you OP.

so many people looking for various encounters here, you have to go with what you feel comfortable with..

im not a fuck and go person (unless its a scene for that) im not clingy either. im sociable and chatty, just because im not impersonal and cold, doesnt make me incapable of having multiple partners. im a realist and i enjoy both my social and my more intimate moments, without the need for a full on relationship. that doesn't mean to say however i don't care about people, cos i do. i love a lot of people, there's room in my heart for many different types of dynamics...from my perception, its not anything to do with expectation projected, on the other x

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Ah snuggles

I am by nature a people person and need to connect well before embarking on intimacy. However I also know I don't wish to date anyone. It's interesting how many people have differing views on this subject.

in the eye of the storm

"I am by nature a people person and need to connect well before embarking on intimacy. However I also know I don't wish to date anyone. It's interesting how many people have differing views on this subject."

I'm a people person to op anyone who has ever been on a social with me would back that up as I often chat impersonally to the bar staff anyone in fact.

I give freely of myself with no expectations and if I'm honest I feel rather lucky as by doing this i have made friendships with some truly wonderful people very similar in life out look to me .

I think the trick to being like I am is to not fear being let down or hurt and to always go with ones heart even if you know it will end in tears because a life with out such feeling is no life at all in my opinion ,

I crave memories and moments that will live with in me forever such moments and friendships will always contain risk but that's what makes then unforgettable moments and friendships in my humble opinion .

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

John, when you say you 'talk inpersonally' makes me have an image in my head of you going to a meet with a ventriloquist dummy....

".....'ere, 'e sez 'e fancies you, 'e duz', fancy a bit 'o ventriloquist cunniligus, duck'?

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

I like to be sure i am meeting someone who i will feel comfortable with, otherwise its a waste of time.

By *avrick15Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I guess it's just being clear on your profile about what you want, everyone is here for different reasons

Some for NSA and some for social regular meets, some just for BBC or guys with beards and tatttoos lol

Point is be clear and upfront and when there's a synergy, have at it

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"John, when you say you 'talk inpersonally' makes me have an image in my head of you going to a meet with a ventriloquist dummy....

".....'ere, 'e sez 'e fancies you, 'e duz', fancy a bit 'o ventriloquist cunniligus, duck'? "

it means without agenda..xx

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I like to have a drink and chat before getting busy, and would find it difficult to just go to a visit a bloke and be expected to get my kit off immediately. However I don't like overly familiar messages on here. I'm here for NSA fun, not being bugged all the time.

I know - I'm an unfriendly bugger. If I could delete my friendslist without hurting feelings I probably would.

in the eye of the storm

"John, when you say you 'talk inpersonally' makes me have an image in my head of you going to a meet with a ventriloquist dummy....

".....'ere, 'e sez 'e fancies you, 'e duz', fancy a bit 'o ventriloquist cunniligus, duck'? "

you could be right Steve as I'm open and will chat freely but I've often been told I'm hard to read and hard to get a bead on in the flesh.

this is a trait I often use to tease the object of my desire in the flesh before play dates and during play dates as they can not tell if I'm pleased displeased or just indifferent .

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'd agree with OP wholeheartedly. Sure it s not a dating site but some ongoing contact prior to and after a meet is a respectful thing I think. To know a bit about a person prior to meet is a good thing. I'd prefer that. On returning to fab I haven't had any meets this time but would always like some banter...and chat sexy or otherwise prior to a meet...and afterwards even if infrequently. I see a WG from time to time and whilst I'd never say I was a friend we have a nice dialogue even when we are not meeting and I certainly do not see her as a piece of meat in the slightest. I have got to know her and have a lot of respect...and don't think she sees me as a scummy punter either. That's my tuppence worth.

By *ureTemptationWoman  over a year ago

Off the grid

I think Fab is different things to different people. And that's what talking before a meet, and a profile with your preferences, is a good thing.

I'm part of a couple and still much prefer to chat a lot and then meet socially a couple of times and most guys can't be arsed because I'm not single. But me feeling comfortable and safe with someone, as well as being able to build the sexual tension, is incredibly important to me.

Everyone is different.

"I agree .. I'm not a piece of meat .. u can swing and still get to know someone and feel like they have some level of respect for you and not just be discarded like a piece of trash ... it's happened a few times to me and like the op I now will only have socials with men until I get to know someone .. and it's not about dating .. it's about more than just fuck and go

Sounds like dating to me.

Doesn't to me, it sounds like wanting a regular meet or a friendship. Nowt wrong with that. I can appreciate a good one-off meet, but I also enjoy repeat meets. I don't find the one-offs cold, but I don't find the repeats anything remotely like dating either."

Yes I hate that too, it happens a lot x

Men associate sex with a bodily function. For most women it involves an emotional attachment. Personally I couldn't have sex with a woman I don't like. I need to chat first to see if we click, make each other laugh (might come in useful in the bedroom ). I always make it clear it's no strings but yes I have to lik eyou as a person.

eh,,,its swinging,,its kinda cold by nature

I like to think the man I'm getting naked with is there because I turn him on, not because I happen to have a vagina. If I wanted nothing more than a cock inside me I would go to a club and lay on a bed, with my legs open.

"

That's possibly the most comprehensive white knighting that I've ever seen...

Beard

We don't do socials either. Life's too short and there are always other options.

Although Twirl does go to Munches and has a bit of a network via that - but she doesn't like to be pestered before or after meets either.

It confuses me so much. You start talking to a guy, conversation flows really well so you arrange to meet. In your opinion the meet is great and another one takes place. Then nothing!

I wouldn't say I was clingy. Left it a couple of weeks before messaging again. Just asking if he wanted to arrange something and just got ignored. Does hurt a little as you think you got on well. It does hit your confidence.

So to have a guy still chat after is great cos it means he isn't just wanting to get his end away and make you feel used. Guys who stay in contact are real men regardless of whether they want to meet again or not.

"It confuses me so much. You start talking to a guy, conversation flows really well so you arrange to meet. In your opinion the meet is great and another one takes place. Then nothing!

I wouldn't say I was clingy. Left it a couple of weeks before messaging again. Just asking if he wanted to arrange something and just got ignored. Does hurt a little as you think you got on well. It does hit your confidence.

So to have a guy still chat after is great cos it means he isn't just wanting to get his end away and make you feel used. Guys who stay in contact are real men regardless of whether they want to meet again or not."

or just hedging their bets

in the eye of the storm

Beard"

sorry you see it that way fella I can assure you its not as you see it but a true refection of me as a man .

I'm often told I'm poly by those in the kink world but I don't see myself in that way.

I just choose to play and act in a way that I need to feel comfortable enough to play in the first place .

So have you messaged these men after a meet to see how they are doing?

Just asking out of interest

"It confuses me so much. You start talking to a guy, conversation flows really well so you arrange to meet. In your opinion the meet is great and another one takes place. Then nothing!

So to have a guy still chat after is great cos it means he isn't just wanting to get his end away and make you feel used. Guys who stay in contact are real men regardless of whether they want to meet again or not."

but why would someone stay in contact if they didnt want to meet again. Seems a bit pointless

Hello ?? Newbie

I understand we're you are coming from I'd be happy with a little Wiff of social at the moment as tbh, I'm spoken for so I'll be honest I'm playing without consent think I'm just looking to chat for now as I'm on Road 5-6 days a week and always be curious about the scene.

Just asking out of interest"

Not the ones with no connection no but I like to keep in touch with many of the ones I have met socially yes and we have as well as the few I had great sex with which I have met again. The ones I felt used with I probably sensed this and so didn't get back to them no.

Yes I agree too, there is an important social side to swinging that I used to enjoy. Seems to have disappeared.

I have felt totally used a cpl of times. Walk in, decline any offer of refreshments & straight to bedroom and then their off once deed is done.

Felt like they had left money on the side. . . .

But hey ho ~ that's just my feelings x

So to have a guy still chat after is great cos it means he isn't just wanting to get his end away and make you feel used. Guys who stay in contact are real men regardless of whether they want to meet again or not.but why would someone stay in contact if they didnt want to meet again. Seems a bit pointless"

a thanks but not interested in meeting again would be polite so people know where they stand at least

Just asking out of interest

Not the ones with no connection no but I like to keep in touch with many of the ones I have met socially yes and we have as well as the few I had great sex with which I have met again. The ones I felt used with I probably sensed this and so didn't get back to them no."

Maybe they didn't feel a connection with you too, people lead busy lives and don't necessarily want to message previous meets they have no intention on seeing again just to appear as a nice guy. I don't message ex gfs or old work colleagues I don't intend to see every so often to see how they are doing..

Everyone wants different things. I (Peachy) have had both types of meets and really have no preference, it all depends on the connection made. Sometimes it's literally a one-off fuck with a stranger, and no contact ever again. And then there's men/women who I've actually become friends with, but that's always a coincidence and always happens after the fuckery. I never get to know people that well beforehand, I want to fuck them, nothing more.

I think it's healthy to have some basis of knowledge about one another. Everyone is taking a risk in metting a stranger and some sort of level playing field so to speak is a must.

I'm probably in the minority but I'v never bn able to turn up , fuck and go , if there's an attraction it has to be from both sides and the respect has to be there also , swinging or not , sex between two people is or should be a pleasurable experience for both otherwise what's the point ?? X

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yes OP, the single biggest reason I do not meet people on here is if they fail to demonstrate a desire for a depth of connection or ongoing friendship, despite my profile explaining that's what I am looking for now! I've had 'friendships' where we don't need to chat at all between meets, or others where we chat several times every single day - I have no rules, it depends on the dynamic between two people, it's the attitude that counts.

It has to be someone or something pretty special to make me want a one-off meet now, though every friendship starts with a first meet that you both want to repeat.

By *uperock99Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I had a few long term fb's on here, they started with meet up sex only, then regular meets and eventually we had a relationship off of here by staying off fabs, but eventually didn't work out so back on here again

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

There is nothing wrong in staying in touch . It shows an interest and in many respects subsequent meets are also more enjoyable .

Meeting regularly for sex is hardly dating.

It's swinging, not dating. There is nothing wrong in staying in touch . It shows an interest and in many respects subsequent meets are also more enjoyable .

Meeting regularly for sex is hardly dating. "

I'll bet if you asked twenty random people on the street if meeting somebody regularly and having sex with them was 'dating'... almost all of them would say yes it is.

...Up on the Downs

[Removed by poster at 01/11/16 23:21:10]

It's swinging, not dating. There is nothing wrong in staying in touch . It shows an interest and in many respects subsequent meets are also more enjoyable .

I'll bet if you asked twenty random people on the street if meeting somebody regularly and having sex with them was 'dating'... almost all of them would say yes it is."

i doubt that. dating is investing time into someone and getting to know them with the hope that they're what you're looking for for a relationship.

most people, i feel use the dating excuse because they don't wanna be honest and say, look i'm not interested in anything more than using you for sex.

...Up on the Downs

"

I'll bet if you asked twenty random people on the street if meeting somebody regularly and having sex with them was 'dating'... almost all of them would say yes it is.

i doubt that. dating is investing time into someone and getting to know them with the hope that they're what you're looking for for a relationship.

"

Exactly, though there is the concept of casual dating, most people on the street would call meeting regularly and having sex a relationship.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's just about fine tuning the type of people that you want and like - the rest may as well live on mars. Where there's choice, there isn't an issue.

As is often said, some come to fab thinking women here are like prostitutes but free.

I've had fbs lasting years with affection and friendship of sorts but it's still no strings fun. My other friends give me the friendship that is just friendship.

If you're clear and know what you want, it's easier if misfits show up.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

But....despite Fab members coming from all walks of life, I do not consider them as 'most people on the street!'

"Meeting regularly for sex is hardly dating.

most people, i feel use the dating excuse because they don't wanna be honest and say, look i'm not interested in anything more than using you for sex."

Interesting because I've always seen it the other way - that many people use this site in the hope of dating but prefer not to admit it.

With regard to 'using' people for sex - that's exactly what we look for and we like to meet people who regard us likewise. That doesn't mean we don't need to get on with them and it doesn't mean we don't keep in touch with those we get on well with. It does mean we're clear about the kind of fun we'll have and that we don't expect cuddles, breakfasts and lots of reassuring messages after the event.

As for doubting that most people on the street would regard people meeting up regularly as dating or being in a relationship... have you been out much lately?

"But....despite Fab members coming from all walks of life, I do not consider them as 'most people on the street!'"

Precisely.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I keep it pure nsa. I alwais send a message after and say it was a good meet, then if anything more happens, that is fine too "

You don't meet though

"

Exactly, though there is the concept of casual dating, most people on the street would call meeting regularly and having sex a relationship."

casual dating, to me, denotes that people are meeting for dates without the intention of anything serious. not sure why anyone would do that other than for company but i wouldn't think fuck and go is any kind of relationship at all.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I have made true male friends on here and that suits me most of the time

" It does mean we're clear about the kind of fun we'll have and that we don't expect cuddles, breakfasts and lots of reassuring messages after the event.

"

But you're a couple, you already have that with each other so why would you need those kind of things from a sex meet? I've been single for almost 8 years and it is lonely sometimes, when I'm with a guy I like to have some intimacy and affection, it's something that cannot be filled by your family and friends.

most people, i feel use the dating excuse because they don't wanna be honest and say, look i'm not interested in anything more than using you for sex.

Interesting because I've always seen it the other way - that many people use this site in the hope of dating but prefer not to admit it.

With regard to 'using' people for sex - that's exactly what we look for and we like to meet people who regard us likewise. That doesn't mean we don't need to get on with them and it doesn't mean we don't keep in touch with those we get on well with. It does mean we're clear about the kind of fun we'll have and that we don't expect cuddles, breakfasts and lots of reassuring messages after the event.

As for doubting that most people on the street would regard people meeting up regularly as dating or being in a relationship... have you been out much lately? "

nobody i know would think that fucking someone is dating, no-one. and some of the people i know are stupid but not that stupid.

loads of people use others for sex i do get that, i do myself obviously but hope the guy does not feel left used (unless he's into that and plenty seem to be lol), but using people is not a relationship at all either. it can be a part of friendship even, i get that too, but using someone isn't dating them, neither is kissing someone, cuddling them, or being respectful to them, none of that is dating.

being affectionate is maybe crossing a line into giving someone something more than clinical, mechanical sex but neither is that dating.

glasgow

" It does mean we're clear about the kind of fun we'll have and that we don't expect cuddles, breakfasts and lots of reassuring messages after the event.

But you're a couple, you already have that with each other so why would you need those kind of things from a sex meet? I've been single for almost 8 years and it is lonely sometimes, when I'm with a guy I like to have some intimacy and affection, it's something that cannot be filled by your family and friends. "

I'm all up for cuddles, especially with nice bangers like that my lovely from the valleys

But you're a couple, you already have that with each other so why would you need those kind of things from a sex meet? I've been single for almost 8 years and it is lonely sometimes, when I'm with a guy I like to have some intimacy and affection, it's something that cannot be filled by your family and friends. "

I'm not saying people shouldn't seek it.

But if you are seeking it you have to accept this site may not be the best of sites to find it given the motives for people being here are more likely to be for no strings sex.

if you happen to find it here anyway then

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

As for doubting that most people on the street would regard people meeting up regularly as dating or being in a relationship... have you been out much lately?

nobody i know would think that fucking someone is dating, no-one. and some of the people i know are stupid but not that stupid.

loads of people use others for sex i do get that, i do myself obviously but hope the guy does not feel left used (unless he's into that and plenty seem to be lol), but using people is not a relationship at all either. it can be a part of friendship even, i get that too, but using someone isn't dating them, neither is kissing someone, cuddling them, or being respectful to them, none of that is dating.

being affectionate is maybe crossing a line into giving someone something more than clinical, mechanical sex but neither is that dating.

"

"nobody i know would think that fucking someone is dating, no-one. and some of the people i know are stupid but not that stupid.

"

Assuming we're still debating people meeting regularly & having sex (not a one off fuck)... then I can only assume you have a narrow circle of friends because the vast majority of people I know would certainly consider it as dating (albeit not call it that apart from those aged 60+). None of them are stupid. Well maybe one..

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I'm not sure that I could do that even if I was dating the person. "Snuggling" sounds fucking hideous to be fair. I don't think I do that.

"nobody i know would think that fucking someone is dating, no-one. and some of the people i know are stupid but not that stupid.

Assuming we're still debating people meeting regularly & having sex (not a one off fuck)... then I can only assume you have a narrow circle of friends because the vast majority of people I know would certainly consider it as dating (albeit not call it that apart from those aged 60+). None of them are stupid. Well maybe one.."

yes we are talking about that still.

my circle is narrow yes, i don't hang out with users or toxic people so it is a very small circle of open minded people. i got lucky there. tbf to them they aren't stupid when i comes to everything either.

But you're a couple, you already have that with each other so why would you need those kind of things from a sex meet? I've been single for almost 8 years and it is lonely sometimes, when I'm with a guy I like to have some intimacy and affection, it's something that cannot be filled by your family and friends.

But if you are seeking it you have to accept this site may not be the best of sites to find it given the motives for people being here are more likely to be for no strings sex.

if you happen to find it here anyway then "

Got more chance of finding oil on this site than a boyfriend, but thanks

glasgow

Assuming we're still debating people meeting regularly & having sex (not a one off fuck)... then I can only assume you have a narrow circle of friends because the vast majority of people I know would certainly consider it as dating (albeit not call it that apart from those aged 60+). None of them are stupid. Well maybe one..

my circle is narrow yes, i don't hang out with users or toxic people so it is a very small circle of open minded people. i got lucky there. tbf to them they aren't stupid when i comes to everything either."

A narrow circle sounds interesting

glasgow

Got more chance of finding oil on this site than a boyfriend, but thanks "

Don't mention oil or the fuckjng Americans might invade fab

my circle is narrow yes, i don't hang out with users or toxic people so it is a very small circle of open minded people. i got lucky there. tbf to them they aren't stupid when i comes to everything either."

Well that's not your average twenty people off the street is it?

I'm talking about the ones who freak out when they see articles about swingers in The Sun - "normal" people

Got more chance of finding oil on this site than a boyfriend, but thanks "

You'll have no trouble finding oil on here

I'm all up for cuddles, especially with nice bangers like that my lovely from the valleys "

I'm coastal I'm not from the valleys

my circle is narrow yes, i don't hang out with users or toxic people so it is a very small circle of open minded people. i got lucky there. tbf to them they aren't stupid when i comes to everything either.

Well that's not your average twenty people off the street is it?

I'm talking about the ones who freak out when they see articles about swingers in The Sun - "normal" people "

yes the normal maybe got me thinking wrong. we're actually not your average people are we.

glasgow

I'm all up for cuddles, especially with nice bangers like that my lovely from the valleys

I'm coastal I'm not from the valleys "

That's not the valleys I speak of lol

I'm not sure that I could do that even if I was dating the person. "Snuggling" sounds fucking hideous to be fair. I don't think I do that. "

My wife and I don't really 'snuggle' that much

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Men want sex, women want to get to know them first. "

I didn't and still don't want to know anyone first. I am more than happy to meet fuck and never see the person again .... when I met men as a single, many of them wanted to tie me down to a relationship of sorts. It's not right to categorise people like that

A narrow circle sounds interesting "

better than drama and bullshit.

glasgow

Problem is a lot of people on here think everyone else wants what they want

It's a plethora of variation... just got to find your niche and like minded people

I'm not sure that I could do that even if I was dating the person. "Snuggling" sounds fucking hideous to be fair. I don't think I do that.

My wife and I don't really 'snuggle' that much "

Yeah you English lot do cuddles and snuggles, down here we have cwtches and to be honest there's nothing better than a cwtch.

glasgow

Yeah you English lot do cuddles and snuggles, down here we have cwtches and to be honest there's nothing better than a cwtch. "

Don't know what that is but want one

Yeah you English lot do cuddles and snuggles, down here we have cwtches and to be honest there's nothing better than a cwtch. "

Hmmm, one of the rough translations I found online is 'safe place' - I like that.

glasgow

Yeah you English lot do cuddles and snuggles, down here we have cwtches and to be honest there's nothing better than a cwtch.

Hmmm, one of the rough translations I found online is 'safe place' - I like that."

It's a Welsh glory hole... or may have been cubby hole

...Up on the Downs

"

It's a plethora of variation... just got to find your niche and like minded people "

Exactly - people project so much on here!!

The Scots word is courie. Maybe related?

glasgow

The Scots word is courie. Maybe related? "

Forgot about courie well done bud

It's just plain wrong to suggest that all single women want more than just sex. There are many independent secure women who are sick of guys who feel the need to offer more or keep in touch.

Beard"

Is it? I don't see him rushing to anyone's rescue.

"It's just plain wrong to suggest that all single women want more than just sex. There are many independent secure women who are sick of guys who feel the need to offer more or keep in touch."

Yep.

"

It's a plethora of variation... just got to find your niche and like minded people "

this is very true.. I'm a really social person and at clubs will talk to all... but with meets I do not feel the need to have loads of chit chat and to much will put me off.. and if we have a single guy join us its always preferably that he doesn't linger. Hence clubs suit us.

I think you can make it whatever you want to, some will want pure NSA and never to hear from that person again, others will stay in touch afterwards and maybe meet numerous times.

"I actually like the idea of knowing something about anyone I have been intimate with...not talking about being pals on Facebook though! "

I'm with you there.

Courtesy and respect are not in abundance but that applies to all walks of life, not just fab.

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"

I totally agree, best reply yet!

there is always another side to this coin and sometimes it is single people really not getting what NSA means...even couples can be guilty of this too.

I cant particularly see what a social meet will guarantee...the end goal is the same and the result probably will be similar.

Oh and yes, I'd shag a few people in between my upcoming '2nd' date.

I have long standing fab friendships, some I sexually connect with still and some I dont...We know what to expect and not to expect from a site promoting NSA adult lifestyles..

I guess some people like to connect, others not so much.

I like to connect.

"I guess some people like to connect, others not so much.

I like to connect. "

It could also be that people have different ideas of what 'to connect' actually means to them.

I think with the advent of social media, people are losing the ability to connect on a personal level. Swipe right swipe left meet kiss fuck leave never say another word.

I was thinking how the swinging sites of today differ from ten years ago when I first signed up to a certain rival site.

Apps like tinder with the swipe right/left instant gratification model have changed how people behave and not necessarily for the better.

I see status updates from females increasingly highlighting guys just offering cash. I'm going to start a separate thread on that subject.

Meet some traditional swingers in clubs these days and they can look bewildered and out of place. The social aspect is simply not part of the game for more and more new swingers. The scene is going through a big change. Suppose that reflects society at large.

"I think with the advent of social media, people are losing the ability to connect on a personal level. Swipe right swipe left meet kiss fuck leave never say another word.

I was thinking how the swinging sites of today differ from ten years ago when I first signed up to a certain rival site.

Apps like tinder with the swipe right/left instant gratification model have changed how people behave and not necessarily for the better.

I see status updates from females increasingly highlighting guys just offering cash. I'm going to start a separate thread on that subject.

Meet some traditional swingers in clubs these days and they can look bewildered and out of place. The social aspect is simply not part of the game for more and more new swingers. The scene is going through a big change. Suppose that reflects society at large."

"Yes OP, the single biggest reason I do not meet people on here is if they fail to demonstrate a desire for a depth of connection or ongoing friendship, despite my profile explaining that's what I am looking for now! I've had 'friendships' where we don't need to chat at all between meets, or others where we chat several times every single day - I have no rules, it depends on the dynamic between two people, it's the attitude that counts.

It has to be someone or something pretty special to make me want a one-off meet now, though every friendship starts with a first meet that you both want to repeat. "

Afternoon tea anyone

I subscribe to the different strokes for different folks approach. I dislike the superiority emanating from a number of people who do not want nsa. The statement "using women as meat" and variations of it implies that the women have no choice in the nsa and are not exercising free will not to be committed. The statement that only people who cheat want uncommitted relationships is plain wrong. People have a lot on their plates without random people cluttering up their lifes. Some people are friendly with their plumbers others want them to fix the problem and leave, but just be respectful in my house!

The committed crowd leave out the considerable number of greedy women and women on the scene who like more than one man at a time. Additionally I have heard couples and single woman state to the effect that they want no more than an ambulatory dildo. They turn up at an event cut loose and return to domesticity. I would be surprised if any woman has a social with her vibrator before buying it.

So let's live and let live, it's that simple. Respect to all in our differences.

"I guess some people like to connect, others not so much.

I like to connect.

It could also be that people have different ideas of what 'to connect' actually means to them. "

That is, of course, very true

...Up on the Downs

"Yes OP, the single biggest reason I do not meet people on here is if they fail to demonstrate a desire for a depth of connection or ongoing friendship, despite my profile explaining that's what I am looking for now! I've had 'friendships' where we don't need to chat at all between meets, or others where we chat several times every single day - I have no rules, it depends on the dynamic between two people, it's the attitude that counts.

It has to be someone or something pretty special to make me want a one-off meet now, though every friendship starts with a first meet that you both want to repeat. Afternoon tea anyone "

Will there be cream scones??

It has to be someone or something pretty special to make me want a one-off meet now, though every friendship starts with a first meet that you both want to repeat. Afternoon tea anyone

Will there be cream scones?? "

The full works making me feel hungry thinking about it

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen and all that!

...Up on the Downs

It has to be someone or something pretty special to make me want a one-off meet now, though every friendship starts with a first meet that you both want to repeat. Afternoon tea anyone

Will there be cream scones?? The full works making me feel hungry thinking about it "

By *Carver-Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Personally I think it's fun to keep in touch: not least so you can get a vicarious thrill from hearing about their adventures and know in advance if you're going to the same play parties...

"Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen and all that! "

The kind of women I am attracted to would rarely respond positively to being treated mean.

It's simply about not having a 'one glove fits all' approach. Respect that some require more and some don't, you can have wonderful sex in both scenarios. The fun is in deciding which approach is the right fit to maximise the fun.

I'll bet if you asked twenty random people on the street if meeting somebody regularly and having sex with them was 'dating'... almost all of them would say yes it is."

I really doubt it. They're never going to be introduced to my family, friends or work colleagues. They're never going to celebrate a birthday, Christmas, Valentines, new years, christening, wedding, anniversary etc with me.

I fail to see how meeting someone regularly for sex could be viewed by anybody as dating.

I have recently ended a 5 year fwb with another user in fab with whom I met other people with as a couple The reason was that he became very fond of me and I couldn't offer what he was seeking - namely a serious committed relationship. We met monthly and became great friends,going to parties, clubs and playing as a couple until he became very jealous of me meeting others. I never felt that way about him with ladies however. I do miss the play, the fun, chats with him etc but it was for the best.

And yep I want to meet to have a similar fwb again without him eventually being jealous and too involved. I hope it is possible but am prepared to be patient

I really doubt it. They're never going to be introduced to my family, friends or work colleagues. They're never going to celebrate a birthday, Christmas, Valentines, new years, christening, wedding, anniversary etc with me.

I fail to see how meeting someone regularly for sex could be viewed by anybody as dating. "

Tell you what...

Do it tomorrow and then report back with the results

I fail to see how meeting someone regularly for sex could be viewed by anybody as dating. "

Well years back I thought I was dating a guy because I met some of his family members, friends, went to his colleagues wedding but apparently we were 'just shagging'

Ive known people say they are dating someone then you find out more and theyve never been out the front door with them.

Or they class an ex as someone they shagged for a couple of months.

People put their own interpretation on things. I just find people with the same thoughts as me

Men want sex, women want to get to know them first. "

Ok so how come on pof or Tinder i'd get birds telling me they wanna rape me or tie me up and fuck my brains out...it's not always guys...some girls really are horny and let go in a 1st message

» Add a new message to this topic