FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I couldnt believe it....

I couldnt believe it....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

While out and about of this weekend i was sat having a coffee in this small cafe....

There was a woman and her kids...ages about 8 to 15 ..

I dont normally take much notice of other folk and what they are upto but this time i was...

Only because the kids didnt know how to use and knife and fork properly.

The eldest actualy used a spoon for his pie and chips

I was gobsmacked to say the least.

Whats the world comming to eh

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

There could be a reason he was using a spoon, maybe some deformity where he couldnt hold a knife and fork.

I did have a god look and he didnt have any problems with his hands or any other way.

If he had of done i wouldnt have been gobsmacked

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

But things arent always what they seem. Im not saying he did have anything wrong the mother could have been to lazy to have taught him but as a mother who had comments made to me about my son when he was younger because they didnt see the full picture i wouldnt be so quick to judge

IM not judging....

Merely gobsmacked

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

I saw a news item some time ago about a primary school somewhere in the North West that had introduced lessons in how to eat with cutlery, because one of the teachers had noticed more than half of the class didn't know how to.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you tell me if anyone smacks you in the gob

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"There could be a reason he was using a spoon, maybe some deformity where he couldnt hold a knife and fork."

Very well said,my eldest is autistic,he is predicted 5* in his sats and understands stephen hawkins,but his fine motor skills suck.He would eat every meal with his fingers if he could,and we have been on the receiving end of a lot of "hard stares " because of his behavior.

Hidden disabilities are often the easiest to judge.

"There could be a reason he was using a spoon, maybe some deformity where he couldnt hold a knife and fork.

Very well said,my eldest is autistic,he is predicted 5* in his sats and understands stephen hawkins,but his fine motor skills suck.He would eat every meal with his fingers if he could,and we have been on the receiving end of a lot of "hard stares " because of his behavior.

Hidden disabilities are often the easiest to judge."

a friend of mine with an autistic son had him a badge made sayin "I'm not naughty I'm AUTISTIC" made me sad that this was needed

i understand where peaches is coming from but i do make a point of trying to look at things from every angle as things are not always obvious to the eye the head is needed to see things too

Im probs gonna get slated for saying this but what the hell.. haha

I think we live in a society where we like to make excuses for things.. 'im not fat im big boned' etc... we don't know the person was autistic but we can say that they were just to make it kinder?! Maybe they were a perfectly normal child just using a spoon to eat a pie..

If thats the case then perhaps that is their prefered method of eating.. or if they weren't educated in eating with cuttlery properly then yes i do think it is a sad case.

You never know if those kids were foster kids like i was i didnt know how to use a knife and falk intil i was 11 and my foster mum showed me how

I have hidden disabillities.

I wasnt JUDGING ok...merely gobsmacked.

Jeez !!!!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I have hidden disabillities.

I wasnt JUDGING ok...merely gobsmacked.

Jeez !!!! "

and two,very obvious abilities peaches,

you cant have everything.

Our youngest son is 21 and he will not use a knife and fork in the conventional way.

He insists on using them American style, but even then, his knife is always in his left hand.

He is not left handed though.

He says that although he always used them in the conventional way while he was growing up, he now preferred to use them "his way"

» Add a new message to this topic