FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I have a spare one

I have a spare one

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

What is it about mothers and spare things. Everytime i mention something my mother says "oh i got a spare one you can have" it can be anything from a tablecloth to a pedometer, to an iron to a slow cooker. Where do they hide all this stuff, do they have spare houses to put it in

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

You could play 'spare one bingo'.

Think up something obscure and drop it into conversation and see if she has one.

'I'm going shark hunting next week mum'

'ooo, I think I have a spare spear gun somewhere dear..'

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol My MIL drives me potty with that.

the other thing she does is thinks she has to give us everything out of her cupboards when we visit, and if I dare say I liked something I would be made to take it home.....mind you, even if I say I don't like something she makes me take it home

Hmmm maybe they think we are the tip to get rid of what they don't want Diamonds?

"lol My MIL drives me potty with that.

the other thing she does is thinks she has to give us everything out of her cupboards when we visit, and if I dare say I liked something I would be made to take it home.....mind you, even if I say I don't like something she makes me take it home

Hmmm maybe they think we are the tip to get rid of what they don't want Diamonds? "

My great aunt was like that, ended up with white linen bedsheets(wish id kept them now) them bloody crochet things you put on back of chairs (back in fashion) dressing table sets, all bloody worth a fortune now i reckon lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol We have dinner sets in a two tone brown and beige haha/ a cutlery set that is so heavy you can't use, tablecloths when I don't use one... quilt covers/ duvets/ a hedgehog shoe thingy.

Last week we visited and ended up with catalogues for old womens fashion and shoes,( think she is trying to tell me something? )3 pints of silver top milk , Thankyou cards and envelopes, half a pack of ham and a cauliflower.

If we say, it's ok, you have them, we get a dirty look so we just give in now

She is a lovely woman though, just thinks we need all her stuff

"lol We have dinner sets in a two tone brown and beige haha/ a cutlery set that is so heavy you can't use, tablecloths when I don't use one... quilt covers/ duvets/ a hedgehog shoe thingy.

Last week we visited and ended up with catalogues for old womens fashion and shoes,( think she is trying to tell me something? )3 pints of silver top milk , Thankyou cards and envelopes, half a pack of ham and a cauliflower.

If we say, it's ok, you have them, we get a dirty look so we just give in now

She is a lovely woman though, just thinks we need all her stuff "

Welcome to my family. Sadly my great aunt and granny are not here anymore but that is just like they where lol.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Save it all for me, I can equip my new place in old stuff once I finally get one sorted...

Not sure about the cauliflower though...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my mother inlaw insists on buying loads of cheese and making 6, yes 6, puddings when we visit, then she says "oo we'll never eat all this " and puts it in tupperware for us to take home, nice but im trying to lose weight , impossible to resist chocolate sponge and trifles!

» Add a new message to this topic