FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > AV for dummies ie eveshamgal :-)

AV for dummies ie eveshamgal :-)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Ok I know its a bit late in the day and all that but I need a crash course for dummies on this whole AV thing we are supposed to be voting for tomorrow

Do I vote yes or no???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

well yes and no

depends on what you want

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Audio Visual sounds good to me!

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"well yes and no

depends on what you want"

I don't even know what its about really

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nobody really knows the long-term effects of the UK Westminster election going over to AV will actually make but those brave enough to hazard a guess suggest it will mean more coalition parliaments.

Our experience of that, at least this time round, is that the Tory bastards and their Lib Dem lap dogs are using coalition to deny their manifesto 'promises' and try to introduce measures neither party ever mentioned previously on the grounds that 'we're in coalition - things have changed'.

If that's what you want - vote Yes.

Otherwise - your call.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ok I know its a bit late in the day and all that but I need a crash course for dummies on this whole AV thing we are supposed to be voting for tomorrow

Do I vote yes or no???"

because i luffs ya...

here is a simple video done by dan snow to explain..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtW3QkX8Xa0

"Ok I know its a bit late in the day and all that but I need a crash course for dummies on this whole AV thing we are supposed to be voting for tomorrow

Do I vote yes or no???"

Vote yes and we can have a change.

Do I vote yes or no???

because i luffs ya...

here is a simple video done by dan snow to explain..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtW3QkX8Xa0"

On 27 November 2010, Dan Snow married Edwina Grosvenor. She's the daughter of Gerald Grosvenor who some people call the Duke of Westminster and who is thought to be the richest Briton.

Ask yourself why Snow thinks how he thinks.

Do I vote yes or no???

Vote yes and we can have a change. "

Have an alcohol free night and we can have a change.

Do I vote yes or no???

Vote yes and we can have a change.

Have an alcohol free night and we can have a change."

Put the bottle down then or put it where the sun doesn't shine grandad

I haven't had a polling card

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

On 27 November 2010, Dan Snow married Edwina Grosvenor. She's the daughter of Gerald Grosvenor who some people call the Duke of Westminster and who is thought to be the richest Briton.

Ask yourself why Snow thinks how he thinks. "

whats that got to do with AV???

the labour front bench mostly support it.. and anywhere where it bring more consensus than what we have at the moment is a good thing in my eyes...

I'm voting yes... it is also supported by the greens, the snp in scotland, pc in wales, funny enough ukip also support it

"

the labour front bench mostly support it.. and anywhere where it bring more consensus than what we have at the moment is a good thing in my eyes...

I'm voting yes... it is also supported by the greens, the snp in scotland, pc in wales, funny enough ukip also support it"

If them lot are for it im voting no then.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

If them lot are for it im voting no then. "

funny enough the 3 largest parties not to support a yes vote are the tories... the BNP and the Communist party....

make of that what you will

"

If them lot are for it im voting no then.

funny enough the 3 largest parties not to support a yes vote are the tories... the BNP and the Communist party....

make of that what you will"

Its not helping me vote no hearing that. I might just not bother.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Evesm

put it this way,you want a night out,do you allow a group decision or one person to bully through their decision.Vote yes and hope we can have more consensual politics.

No please vote and vote YES.

The current system is not representative. Where I live my MP got in with 24% of the vote simply because the otheer MPs got, 20, 19% or whatever. In no way does my MP represent the voters in my constituency, only less than a quarter.

To me the current first past the post system is not fair and needs changing.

The current system returns MPs who feel they have safe seats, only need a 'core' secton of the voters to retain their seats and in the worst cases have abused their position with expenses scandals, etc. We all know about that.

The whole thing about AV costing more is a lie, thibnk of the long-term and what electoral change can bring, more accountable politics, won't that save more money, best not to think in the now, it is scare-mongering to say it will cost X millions, because the 'No capmpaign knows everyone's main concern is the finances.

The whole thing about AV creating coalition governments is a bit of a falsehood too. Yet if it does so what, it will simply be a more genuine portrayal of the electorates wishes. Politicians should simply get on with the job of governance. Hung parliaments would require cross-party support, negotaiation and consensus, in theory this is 'grown-up' politics, in practice I don't believe the current lot are up to this task. But they would have to adapt to whatever a new system throws up or make way for new politicians.

I should reiteraye that this whole 'it will lead to coalitions' is speculation and yet more scaremongering.

Why? Because the No to AV campaign is made up of the establishment, those in power who have too much too lose.

AV isn't perfect, I would prefer Proportional Representation (PR). But that isn't on offer tomorrow, or should I say later today. AV is. And it is a step forward, even though it's not PR.

Fact is people died for the vote, and a vote that has never been that meaningful, I'm sick of my vote going nowhere and the same people getting in in constituencies with 24% of the vote or thereabouts, they don't represent the majority and that needs to change, this is hardly discussed in the media, the BBC for example were asked not to use the words 'electoral reform' as reform suggests there is something wrong with the current system, shows just to what extent the BBc is state/government controlled TV.

AV isn't complicated either, anyone can list a preference, or if you want just select one candidate, it's easy. The No to AV campaign is a dirty campaign and an insult to us all.

AV isn't PR (which is another topic an not on offer) but it is change, Ask yourself how representative these MPs are what with the bankers, expenses, etc. Why not take this one off chance to change it. I'm voting Yes.

Forgot to mention how our MPs use the Alternative Vote (AV) system in 'in house' elections within the government. Why is it good enough for Westminster yet according to the No Campaign unsuitable for the nation. The 'No Vote' is illogical, those backing the campaign are largely the Tories, the establishment who have a great deal to lose should AV go through. It's all about power, don't get swayed by lies about it costing X amount of millions, the census was a waste of money, the gov't won't act on any inforation given. They don't care about people, they just care about consolidating their own privileged positions. AV threatens class-lines.

Put No as your first preferance; Yes as your second!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"

I'm voting yes... it is also supported by the greens, the snp in scotland, pc in wales, funny enough ukip also support it

If them lot are for it im voting no then. "

Its supported by Labour, and that bunch of muppets?.... Funny how its the parties with most to gain by getting a 2nd or 3rd rating that are for it! Well, I wasnt going to vote, and hadnt really thought about which way to vote, but that clears it up nicely.... NO for me!!!

With respect to ALL us dummies... If the govt cant explain how it works... What are we saying yes/no to.?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Its supported by Labour, and that bunch of muppets?.... Funny how its the parties with most to gain by getting a 2nd or 3rd rating that are for it! Well, I wasnt going to vote, and hadnt really thought about which way to vote, but that clears it up nicely.... NO for me!!!"

actually again it is one of these "misinformation pieces" that people put about...

in scotland, who would AV tend to help... its actually the conservatives...

in the south west of england, who would AV tend to help... its actually the conservatives...

in large portions of northern england who would AV tend to help.... the conservatives and the lib dems (funny enough why a lot of northern labour mp's are against it......)

in large portions of rural england it wouldn't make a difference because the conservatives get larger than 50% of the vote

in southern england in may help the libs dems in the city based areas, the conversatives in the suburbs..

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Put No as your first preferance; Yes as your second! "

haha I like that one.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Whatever your opinion,remember all those people across the world who cannot vote,and get out there today.People died o we can go to the polling station.

» Add a new message to this topic