FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's wrong with travellodge

What's wrong with travellodge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Arranged to meet a married lady who could only meet for a few hours in the afternoon and so I suggested a neaby travel lodge and she was most offended by the quality of accomodation and cancelled !! is it fair to expect me to pay for an expensive hotel for a few hours only ? Would you be happy to meet in a travel lodge hotel ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

So long as it's clean what does it matter?!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Try the Travel Tavern in Norwich. My friend Alan recommends it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yep travel lodge are great like already been said as long as its clean what does it matter.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

"

I agree really.

An open fire, champaign on ice and a four poster bed would be great but I'm not a millionaire sadly.

"Try the Travel Tavern in Norwich. My friend Alan recommends it."

Thanks..bit too far though so money spent on fuel I could upgrade to a hilton ! lol

A room is a room surely......

You could of offerd her the back seat in your car!

Maybe it was to close to her home.

No she was quite stuffy about it ...just wondered if anyone had a meet cancelled because of a choice of venue !

I've had many a good time in a Travelodge - its the company you're with that makes it great not the surroundings

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I've seen a few profiles that give a specific minimum requirement for a hotel meet.

...I've only seen them once though.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"A room is a room surely......

You could of offerd her the back seat in your car!

Maybe it was to close to her home. "

She's evidently snotty totty from Surrey, with illusions of grandeur! Give me the heads up on her, I have a mate that can get me rooms at the Landmark on Marleybone road

pretty bloody lame I'd say, Her not U lol...and i bet she wouldnt have even offered to help out if it was a fancy hotel!

not that i mind paying for a swanky hotel, but that would be when I'm able and if it was going to be a full nite of fun-a few hrs?? no chance!

"pretty bloody lame I'd say, Her not U lol...and i bet she wouldnt have even offered to help out if it was a fancy hotel!

not that i mind paying for a swanky hotel, but that would be when I'm able and if it was going to be a full nite of fun-a few hrs?? no chance!"

Well if it was a all night then I wouldn't have minded...but what's the point for a few hours....she also did not want to meet in a club or a strangers house ! or outside ! figure that one out !

"Arranged to meet a married lady who could only meet for a few hours in the afternoon and so I suggested a neaby travel lodge and she was most offended by the quality of accomodation and cancelled !! is it fair to expect me to pay for an expensive hotel for a few hours only ? Would you be happy to meet in a travel lodge hotel ?"

I don't meet in hotels - full stop! I find the whole idea tacky - and my answer would be the same if the Goring, Dorchester or Savoy were the options, let alone a Travel Lodge!

By *iteskinMan  over a year ago

Cardiff/Newport/Bristol/M4

maybe she is just using the choice of hotel as an excuse

ask her where does she recommend and see what she comes back with

nothing wrong with travel lodges imo they ask NO QUESTIONS and for a cpl hours only good value i say!! tell her you booked it when the sale was on that should clear her stuffy nose lmao

"pretty bloody lame I'd say, Her not U lol...and i bet she wouldnt have even offered to help out if it was a fancy hotel!

not that i mind paying for a swanky hotel, but that would be when I'm able and if it was going to be a full nite of fun-a few hrs?? no chance!

Well if it was a all night then I wouldn't have minded...but what's the point for a few hours....she also did not want to meet in a club or a strangers house ! or outside ! figure that one out !"

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If you were staying at the local 5 star Im assume she'd be happy with paying her increased half of the cost??

As others have said, maybe its her escape route....but - as I always think about these sort of things - if thats her attitude would you want to have met her anyway?

I think travel lodge's have come along way. A lot of them have been refurbed and are quite nice inside. If it's a recently built one then even better. There are the odd stuffy and dated ones knocking about but the one's I've been to have been pretty nice.

Granted they might not be the most romantic of settings but I would guess that sort of romance wasn't the aim!

Too far up her own backside!!

Would you really want to meet someone with that sort of attitude?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

sounds like you much better off without mate,cheeky cow!

Clean, convenient,discrete,if she wants more let her pay.

Used a T/L last week, only stayed for a cpl of hours of fun.... But... it was a Tip.... tbh, you wouldn`t have been able to sleep in the bed the mattress was shot... 1 pillow, 1 hand towel & 1 bath towel for 2 people... & there was a spoon that was a stranger to fairy liquid.

Have to say at £40 it was a real let down... but it was convenient & so far discrete.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Travelodges beware.

I walked into one in February and was put through to the booking line as there was no receptionist, just a cleaner.

I booked the room, paid by CC and went straight to the room.

Nothing untoward, other than in March a charge was put on my CC for a no show. So I paid for the room twice, I am still trying to get my refund.

Travelodge only if desperate to find somewhere cheap to crash and lay heads for the night..

Much prefer a quality 4 or 5 star hotel room for some fun! Can also make use of the larger better quality king size beds, pillows, duvets and luxury en-suites too!

Horses for courses thou eh

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Nothing wrong with travelodges have used them more than once lol

Would.never use an etap again as had the shittest meet ever in one. Got a room with bloody bunk beds

Also I think its a damn cheek that you were going to pay for it all anyway regardless of the level of accommodation! I will always offer to pay my half

"Arranged to meet a married lady who could only meet for a few hours in the afternoon and so I suggested a neaby travel lodge and she was most offended by the quality of accomodation and cancelled !! is it fair to expect me to pay for an expensive hotel for a few hours only ? Would you be happy to meet in a travel lodge hotel ?"

Collect her and take her to yours if you have time.

Like everything else in swinging, some people just cannot have preferences without them being mocked. It’s far easier just to move on if you both want different things than resort to name-calling.

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter a job if we think the travel lodge chain if ok, she didn’t and that’s what matters.

Sounds more like she was just looking for an excuse to say no?

By *im halpertMan  over a year ago

redditch

oh my god how fussy!with that attitude she wasnt worth meeting in my opinion xx

Yep cos us swingers cannot afford to be fussy

next time try premier inn might go down better

"Travelodges beware.

I walked into one in February and was put through to the booking line as there was no receptionist, just a cleaner.

Nothing untoward, other than in March a charge was put on my CC for a no show. So I paid for the room twice, I am still trying to get my refund."

Hell, Travelodge's ears must have been burning, they've just rung to tell me that my CC has been refunded

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont do hotel meets, but if i did as long as it was nice and clean i wouldnt care., Hope she was going to go halves on the room with you

By *cotscpl66Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 04/05/11 15:54:40]

By *cotscpl66Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Prefer Premierinn to Travelodge...

Village hotels are nice.

As long as the hotel is clean and only for a few hours and your paying then whats her problem...xx

It's gotta be said some travel lodges are pretty rank, especially when compared to Premier Inn's.

I met a lady a few months ago, first meet was a premier inn near hers, she was there a few hours and I stayed overnight as on business, hotel was fine, clean and things looked fresh.

Met the same lady a few weeks later, this time staying in the travel lodge near her..... I got there first and actually text her in advance to apologise for the state of the place. Yes, it was clean (ish) but the fixtures and fittings were some what worn. I did feel quite embarrassed about it. If that had been the first meet and didn't know her so well, I really would of been mortified!!

Now, going off topic, I had planned to meet her in a B&B I had used before, was a nice room I had before, actually quite posh. So, I booked that place for 2 nights, the first night I was going to alone. Oh dear, what a mistake. The room I had this time was dire. The bed was really old so they had used a mattress topper to try and re-liven it, a damp patch on the floor from where the fridge in the room was leaking, carpet was thread bare anyway and the en suite was rank. Oh, and to top it off, there was cum stains on the inside of the duvet and pubes in the bed. Needless to say, I didn't stay there and booked the premier inn for the meet!!!

S.

But compared to some of the shite holes I've had to stay in while away working, even the worse travel lodges seem like the Hilton I tell ya!

S.

Sad to say there are a few folks up themselves on here who see a meet with a guy as an opportunity to fleece him for the privelege. Who knows whether that was the case this time.

Presumably if you'd suggested a fancy hotel all would have been well?

And what I can't understand are people on here making out this sort of thing is acceptable. If she had agreed to meet then there obviously wasn't much wrong with the OP as a choice of meet.

Only the perception of his "downmarket" choice of hotel.

Block and move on mate.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Like everything else in swinging, some people just cannot have preferences without them being mocked. It’s far easier just to move on if you both want different things than resort to name-calling.

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter a job if we think the travel lodge chain if ok, she didn’t and that’s what matters.

Sounds more like she was just looking for an excuse to say no?

"

Thanks for that, it saves me typing now.

lol @ eve and the bunk beds though

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Travelodges beware.

Nothing untoward, other than in March a charge was put on my CC for a no show. So I paid for the room twice, I am still trying to get my refund.

Hell, Travelodge's ears must have been burning, they've just rung to tell me that my CC has been refunded "

oooo spooky, maybe the manager was reading the forums

"Travelodges beware.

Hell, Travelodge's ears must have been burning, they've just rung to tell me that my CC has been refunded

oooo spooky, maybe the manager was reading the forums "

Maybe but it worked, makes my accounting easier now

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

nothing wrong with a travel lodge, was she expecting champagne as well? block n move on xx

"to top it off, there was cum stains on the inside of the duvet and pubes in the bed. Needless to say, I didn't stay there and booked the premier inn for the meet!!!

S. "

It was a great nite tho steve, really glad I had the room before ya lol

Of course having standards is acceptable, do you honestly believe that because people choose to swing that they should then lower there whole lifestyle, standards, morals, preferences ect, because some people seem to think they should

Best ditch the claret for the lambrini

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Nothing wrong with travelodges have used them more than once lol

Would.never use an etap again as had the shittest meet ever in one. Got a room with bloody bunk beds

"

Never fear eveshamgal we've a family room booked with Etap for our next meet. that way I can climb on the bunk beds over the double bed and launch myself upon you! giggle giggle

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"

"

Thats the problem, a lot of their places are shitholes now..they are not spending the money on them.

It doesnt really matter about the accommodation, it is all about having a great time.

However, I do have to admit that one of the best meets ive ever had was in a suite on the top floor of a hotel overlooking Birminghams Broad Street. The three of us had sex in the window, watching the revellers like ants down below

And I also had a meet in a gorgeous Chateaux style hotel, that really was beautiful. Sometimes the surroundings do have an effect on the night

"Sometimes the surroundings do have an effect on the night "

You can say that again first time I shagged Kate was in my Vauxhall Chevette and I couldn't straighten my legs for ages after

Nothing wrong with Travelodge, rooms are normally clean and basic.

"Sometimes the surroundings do have an effect on the night

You can say that again first time I shagged Kate was in my Vauxhall Chevette and I couldn't straighten my legs for ages after "

I love car sex, its brilliant. Something always seems to go wrong which has me in fits of giggles. One lovely summer night I was on the bonnet of his car and a cow popped its head over the fence and mooed. Another time ive slipped off that bonnet onto my backside, which bloody hurt actually and once night coming back from Abfabs, he was so horny we stopped in a layby at 4am and he took me over the bonnet, just as he was coming, he let out a groan and a cock crowed at the same time. Things like that really make me laugh

Forum Mod

O o O oo

at moooo and the cock crowing

" at moooo and the cock crowing"

Same here in fact Alice is giving me a very strange look what with me browsing a swinging site laughing out loud

Well if it was a all night then I wouldn't have minded...but what's the point for a few hours....she also did not want to meet in a club or a strangers house ! or outside ! figure that one out !"

For furture reference The hotel i like is just down the road from yourself

it quite often comes up on late rooms for £39 reduce from £109 it is 4*

with seperate discreet accom from the main hotel

I use it to get away from my flat and neighbours and is more than suitable for meets always clean

I think i know which travel lodge you mean and think it should of been fine for an afternoon meet

but no pleasing some people.

Sounds to us like she uses the standard of hotel as some sort of payment for services rendered.

Like the hotel is more important to her than the meet.

If you'd have forked out for a 4 or 5 star she'd have probably given you the elbow after an hour and luxuriated the rest of the night at your expense.

Delete, block and mark it up as a narrow escape!

XXXX

"

I agree really.

An open fire, champaign on ice and a four poster bed would be great but I'm not a millionaire sadly. "

would be great if there was going to be more than a 2 hour window of opportunity

Well that's right..(by the way ..she is not on this site but another similar) and if she won't meet in your home,outside at a club or a party...me thinks she was maybe more interested in getting what her hubby would not give and that is a luxury hotel with gourmet food...have you ever tried to have energetic sex after a belly full of rich food and wine ! that would be ok but she could only escape for an afternoon !!

I told her to join dinnerdates

"Try the Travel Tavern in Norwich. My friend Alan recommends it."

Best reply by a mile. YES!

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I've had people actually give me hotel names (Novotel, The Ritz) to name a few, as they refused point blank on Travelodge.

Each time I thought lemme check the details and saw the cost, I figured they wanted to be spoilt in an expensive hotel rather than come to mine. Oh well.

Do you think when Kate and Wills take up swinging they'll suddenly decide to start using travelodge's

nothing wrong with travel lodge. i have used them several times. Premier Inn just as good.

Re Evesham's comment about Etap, I've used the Glasgow one several times and had no complaints about it at all.

Nor do they blink an eye when you return the key several hours later!

"Do you think when Kate and Wills take up swinging they'll suddenly decide to start using travelodge's "

I expect so...there good enough for Charles and Camilla !!

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Travel lodge, premier inn, holiday in express, cheap and cheeful and always fair to split the cost anyway!

"Travel lodge, premier inn, holiday in express, cheap and cheeful and always fair to split the cost anyway! "

Being the gentleman that I am..I wouldn't dream of it !!

I think the new ones are ok .... just some of them old ones are dives .

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"Travel lodge, premier inn, holiday in express, cheap and cheeful and always fair to split the cost anyway!

Being the gentleman that I am..I wouldn't dream of it !! "

I appreciate the sentiment but isn't it only fair?

"Travel lodge, premier inn, holiday in express, cheap and cheeful and always fair to split the cost anyway!

Being the gentleman that I am..I wouldn't dream of it !!

I appreciate the sentiment but isn't it only fair?"

ok I'll bring the bubbly then

By *eamgbukCouple (MM)  over a year ago

sunny york

As someone who is well versed with how the hotel industry works, I can tell you that you will always get a deal at any hotel if you push hard enough. NEVER pay the amount a hotel first quotes you, say your budget is half that, ask them what they can do & push push push! It costs on average £17.50 in overheads per room in most hotels, so anything above that is profit to them. Use trivago, laterooms, lastminute .coms also.

I am not teaching you how to suck eggs to those who are savvy to this, just hope it may help people who don't know that and want a nice room somewhere, to ask for a deal! You will always get it!

By *essesCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Re Evesham's comment about Etap, I've used the Glasgow one several times and had no complaints about it at all.

Nor do they blink an eye when you return the key several hours later! "

Oh yes they do. I got a confused look and was asked if everything was ok? Told them it was brilliant thanks

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

last minute you know what are brilliant especially if your looking in one of the larger cities. Stayed in an absolutely fantastic two bedroomed apartment next to the mailbox in birmingham and i think it was £90 split between 4 of us but would of been wonderful place for a party.

Cheaper than some travel lodges or premier inns. Also sunday nights are an excellent night to get a good deal for rooms especially for better class hotels.

Try the wardolf excellent on a sunday night

Most Travelodges are fine, clean and are perfectly ok for a few hours of fun but AVOID the one in Broad ST, Birmingham at all costs, ewwwwwww ewwwwwwwww ewwwwwwww

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

last time i stayed in a travelodge i woke up with lenny henry... what the fucks going on ?....

lol...god knows but you should tell Premiere Inn cos im sure his contract is with them

» Add a new message to this topic