FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Exercise classes...

Exercise classes...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've just done my first spinning class and actually I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.

I look like I'm about to have a heart attack it has to be said and while it was hard work, I feel pretty good now! I think I may have found a class that works for my terrible co-ordination!

I swim a lot but I was looking for a class to do that's gonna make me feel like I've had a workout... its fair to say I feel like I've worked out!

What exercise classes or just exercise do you do (other than the obvious of course!) and what do you enjoy about it most?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I've been belly dancing for 2 and a half years now

Does wonder for you legs and arse

I also have a great bunch of mates there and that is perhaps the best bit

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

wii step, starting swimming this week and just got a pedometer so going to do lots of walking so that hopefully i will do the moonwalk next year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I got a big thingy in a box...

cant find any to stick it up though

I ride a lot xx

Boxercise...its very intense and you definitely feel like you have had a workout!

body pump. class with weights and funky music. it feels sexy even when doing it!!!

Edinburgh

I went out on my bike and did 17 miles last night then swam 40 lengths after. I walk to and from work every day (been off for just over a week and missing that a lot!) and swim on the way to the office. Am quite looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

Day three of no smoking! I've decided being an exercise junkie is the way forward!!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Love body pump and body attack (the proper ones, lol, not what YOU think

not so keen on spinning as I dont like it when I get covered in other people's sweat. Perhaps the bikes are just too close in our gym?

I do love swimming and general weight training though

I think this thing i got in a box is an airo strider ?

Computerised thing ...

Will let ya know when i do.

You ladies make me feel soooo lazy

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

I am in good company.

Pilates. Started this after got hooked on yoga. Got some pretty strong muscles after 5 years of it. Anyone who's tried it will know what it's about

"You ladies make me feel soooo lazy

"

You do weights - you lift glasses and bottles with loads of repetitions... ideal exercise for toning...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Been ill lately but my usual week is 30 mins walking per day, 30 mins cardio fitness Mon, Wed and Fri, 20 mins pilates/calisthenics Mon, Wed and Fri, and 60 mins military circuits Tues and Thurs. It's gonna be a killer trying to get back into my routine.

"You ladies make me feel soooo lazy

You do weights - you lift glasses and bottles with loads of repetitions... ideal exercise for toning..."

Just raised one to you

If i was sat watching my fave men i would get all the exercise i needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&feature=related&hl=en-GB&v=u9Nt6D9CQcw

Edinburgh

"Pilates. Started this after got hooked on yoga. Got some pretty strong muscles after 5 years of it. Anyone who's tried it will know what it's about "

I like pilates... it's way hard and a really good workout for not running about like an eejit! I like that part of it. I need to get a job that lets me finish work earlier!!

I think maybe I'll try to do some more classes.

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

been known to walk up and down the stairs

Thai boxing and 5 a side keeps me in shape

"Thai boxing and 5 a side keeps me in shape "

How often do you do it? I heard it is potentially not good news for knee joints?

"Thai boxing and 5 a side keeps me in shape

How often do you do it? I heard it is potentially not good news for knee joints?"

5 a side does more damage to the knees than Thai boxing, I play footie once a week and Thai box 2-3 times a week, I mainly teach these days though

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

I started Zumba three weeks ago and it is fantastic. A mix of dance/Salsa and exercise. Steps are really quick and the hour is full on but can be fun too.

Combat cardio fitness channel on sky I love my boxing and kick boxing does get the aggresion out

"I started Zumba three weeks ago and it is fantastic. A mix of dance/Salsa and exercise. Steps are really quick and the hour is full on but can be fun too. "

I like Zumba as I love the Latin music... not a hard workout but very sociable and entertaining as we all get the moves wrong sometimes...

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Does alternating hands every fifty strokes count?

I'm getting quite good at typing.

Zumba TSV on QVC at midnight heads up

suffolk

"I like Zumba as I love the Latin music... not a hard workout but very sociable and entertaining as we all get the moves wrong sometimes... "

I must be unfit then cos it nearly finishes me off And, yep i am the one at the back going left instead of right

I love spin as well and also body pump. But nothing beats running for me

Edinburgh

"I love spin as well and also body pump. But nothing beats running for me "

See I'd like to be able to run but my tits are too big and my shins hurt!

I'm going to bed so I can get up in time to walk to work and go for a swim on the way. Provided of course that I can actually move when I do get out of bed!!

"I love spin as well and also body pump. But nothing beats running for me

See I'd like to be able to run but my tits are too big and my shins hurt!

I'm going to bed so I can get up in time to walk to work and go for a swim on the way. Provided of course that I can actually move when I do get out of bed!! "

You'll be fine I'm sure! You'll know all about the saddle in the morning tho! I just signed up for my first tri, should be interesting

Edinburgh

"

You'll be fine I'm sure! You'll know all about the saddle in the morning tho! I just signed up for my first tri, should be interesting "

Yeah... I went out for a run on my road bike yesterday thinking that would help with the arse issues. I felt that this morning so wore my cycling shorts to the class tonight!!

"

You'll be fine I'm sure! You'll know all about the saddle in the morning tho! I just signed up for my first tri, should be interesting

Yeah... I went out for a run on my road bike yesterday thinking that would help with the arse issues. I felt that this morning so wore my cycling shorts to the class tonight!! "

Good choice!!

"... I'd like to be able to run but my tits are too big and my shins hurt!

"

Yer tits bash yer shins...

Sorry... Too easy...

Seriously... You can get yourself measured for a good sports bra... And if you stretch/ warm up properly the muscles on the front of your shins will build quickly and stop burning...

Spin is the best "fatburner" in a gym. This is because it uses "Intervals". In other words you sprint then rest then sprint again.this causes your body to burn fuel long after you stop.its far better than jogging for instance.I love it, others hate it. Reading a book and cycling in the gym on the other hand will burn next to zero calories more than you would just putting your feet up in front of the T.V.

" Spin is the best "fatburner" in a gym. This is because it uses "Intervals". In other words you sprint then rest then sprint again.this causes your body to burn fuel long after you stop.its far better than jogging for instance.I love it, others hate it. Reading a book and cycling in the gym on the other hand will burn next to zero calories more than you would just putting your feet up in front of the T.V. "

That always makes me laugh, some woman flicking through Hello while cycling at 0mph....

Running is good if you do intervals though! I do 600m intervals once a week, fartlek once a week as well and a distance run.

"I went out on my bike and did 17 miles last night then swam 40 lengths after. I walk to and from work every day (been off for just over a week and missing that a lot!) and swim on the way to the office. Am quite looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

Day three of no smoking! I've decided being an exercise junkie is the way forward!! "

You swim on the way to the office?

Do you work on an island?

Fartlek is what they did before the fitness industry invented Aerobics in order to con the entire Female population that Aerobics burns fat.

Licking farts helps you burn calories eh......

well i never

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Licking farts helps you burn calories eh......

well i never "

Peaches!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I dont do it....they do but i dont...

Edinburgh

Wtf is fartlek?

I might try the running thing. My issue is that I keep spending money on sports bras (decent ones are not cheap) then my bewbs shrink and they're too big and don't work!

"Wtf is fartlek?

I might try the running thing. My issue is that I keep spending money on sports bras (decent ones are not cheap) then my bewbs shrink and they're too big and don't work! "

Think its when ya go very fast and slow down and then very fast and then slow down and then very fast and then slow down.

Dont sound exciting as licking farts dows it

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

I do Zumba, pilates and an hour of gym every other day, love the zumba, great teacher and lovely bunch of girls, there is also a latin and ballroom class which I will be joining soon, apparently they are short of men????? don;t know why, lol, xxxx

"I've just done my first spinning class and actually I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.

I look like I'm about to have a heart attack it has to be said and while it was hard work, I feel pretty good now! I think I may have found a class that works for my terrible co-ordination!

I swim a lot but I was looking for a class to do that's gonna make me feel like I've had a workout... its fair to say I feel like I've worked out!

What exercise classes or just exercise do you do (other than the obvious of course!) and what do you enjoy about it most? "

i love spinning

I work nights and finish at 6am and every morning after work i go to the morning spin class thats starts at 6.30

Saying that im not that commited i get up and go when ive not been to work lol

"Fartlek is what they did before the fitness industry invented Aerobics in order to con the entire Female population that Aerobics burns fat."

Wrong. Fartlek is interval training without the fixed distances.

"Wtf is fartlek?

I might try the running thing. My issue is that I keep spending money on sports bras (decent ones are not cheap) then my bewbs shrink and they're too big and don't work! "

Basically, it's interval training but instead of doing say, 400m then a recovery, you pick a point in the distance, run as fast as you can to it then take a recovery period then just repeat. It's a good starter if you're not used to running speed work cos you can pick and vary your interval distances - long as you challenge yourself. I use it for a sort of middle ground run - not my easy run of the week but not as intense as my interval run.

Edinburgh

My arse hurts!

suffolk

I swim 2 or 3 times a week too combined with a hot tub and sauna

Only manage about 20 lengths each time.

By *uriousc88Woman  over a year ago

Reading

I run, row, cycle and use the cross trainer for cardio. Also do 'suicide runs' for sprint training. Use weights. I also play rugby, both contact and touch, and enjoy the social aspect as much as the running around hitting people thing.

For sports bras, can thoroughly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra top... think you can get it in Bravissimo and from figleaves. I am not small on the boobage front, but it acts like a well trained sheepdog... rounds em up and pens them in!

Edinburgh

"I run, row, cycle and use the cross trainer for cardio. Also do 'suicide runs' for sprint training. Use weights. I also play rugby, both contact and touch, and enjoy the social aspect as much as the running around hitting people thing.

For sports bras, can thoroughly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra top... think you can get it in Bravissimo and from figleaves. I am not small on the boobage front, but it acts like a well trained sheepdog... rounds em up and pens them in!"

I tried replying to you privately but I'm blocked...

Did you just buy your bra size or did you go down a size? The problem I have is that I'm changing shape pretty rapidly when I go full on with the exercise so I don't want to keep having to buy new bras. It's a pain in the tits so to speak!!

I cycle (as the name suggests), probably around 150 miles a week on average. Used to race, will probably race again this year. Run, usually a couple of times a week, building up speed and intensity and averaging around 11km per session and maxing at 13 km/ph. Struggling to learn to swim as it is pointless to have the running and cycling fitness and not do a triathlon at somepoint but I'm struggling with the breathing technique.

Spin is an excellent workout, though I get amused by people that do it on a ridiculous low intensity like those already criticised for cycling and reading.

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I cycle (as the name suggests), probably around 150 miles a week on average. Used to race, will probably race again this year. Run, usually a couple of times a week, building up speed and intensity and averaging around 11km per session and maxing at 13 km/ph. Struggling to learn to swim as it is pointless to have the running and cycling fitness and not do a triathlon at somepoint but I'm struggling with the breathing technique.

Spin is an excellent workout, though I get amused by people that do it on a ridiculous low intensity like those already criticised for cycling and reading. "

Did one of those 24hour team cycle events, a couple of years back, one of the hardest things I have ever do.

It is good to look back on, still cycle and swim, as for running thats why I have a bike. lol

im a Zumba lover.. its great and the dancing aspect has its advantages

Edinburgh

To be honest, I don't think that anyone doing any sort of exercise should be criticised.

It took me a long time to get myself to the gym. When you're overweight and not comfortable in your skin, it's intimidating and attitudes like that really don't help.

A little bit of encouragement to someone in the gym who may be doing something not quite right, a little bit of help or advice where you can give it would go a lot further than scorn for going so slow they can read a book at the same time.

I'm sure you can understand that given that you're learning to swim. I'm a great swimmer, always have been and I'd like to think I'd help someone who was struggling rather than look down my nose at them at least trying.

Something to bear in mind while you're being amused by the less fit.

"I've just done my first spinning class and actually I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.

What exercise classes or just exercise do you do (other than the obvious of course!) and what do you enjoy about it most? "

I love my Zumba classes.. :D Love it.. did I say I love it.. and I just enjoy the music, and its just fun..and I dont feel like I am working out.. (well till the next day)

Katie.x

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"im a Zumba lover.. its great and the dancing aspect has its advantages"

like? i could watch?

"For sports bras, can thoroughly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra top... think you can get it in Bravissimo and from figleaves. I am not small on the boobage front, but it acts like a well trained sheepdog... rounds em up and pens them in!"

Yeah they're great, love them.

Edinburgh

"For sports bras, can thoroughly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra top... think you can get it in Bravissimo and from figleaves. I am not small on the boobage front, but it acts like a well trained sheepdog... rounds em up and pens them in!

Yeah they're great, love them. "

I have ordered said bra!

"For sports bras, can thoroughly recommend the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra top... think you can get it in Bravissimo and from figleaves. I am not small on the boobage front, but it acts like a well trained sheepdog... rounds em up and pens them in!

I have ordered said bra! "

I'm gutted you live so far away, we could have been running partners lol

Edinburgh

I have ordered said bra!

I'm gutted you live so far away, we could have been running partners lol"

Ahhhh… that is a shame, a running buddy would be really good although I'm not sure how much conversation I could manage whilst running! Some company would be good though! Maybe we could advertise for running buddies and win a prize for the oddest request on a swinging site! Mind you, I'm sure we'd get a run for our money on that score!

"Maybe we could advertise for running buddies and win a prize for the oddest request on a swinging site! Mind you, I'm sure we'd get a run for our money on that score! "

I love that idea

Getting the PTI's at work to sort me out a light training programme so I can feel as if I'm doing something until I can hit the gym properly again

By *ibrosMan  over a year ago

harrow

"not so keen on spinning as I dont like it when I get covered in other people's sweat. "

Tell 'em not to drip on the wheels.

My exercise is crunches or situps while brushing my teeth. Well, I can't just stand there.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I'm thinking about exercising. Does that count?

I started slimming world today and with that goes most of my alcohol intake out of the window so baby steps for me lol.

I have a cross trainer that I never use so i'm going to use that, do sit ups and start the C25K plan. I WILL loose that extra 2 stone i'm carrying!

*Her*

"I'm thinking about exercising. Does that count?

I started slimming world today and with that goes most of my alcohol intake out of the window so baby steps for me lol.

I have a cross trainer that I never use so i'm going to use that, do sit ups and start the C25K plan. I WILL loose that extra 2 stone i'm carrying!

*Her* "

I have a cross trainer at home and I do use it when I am watching something interesting on TV... it is amazing how time goes more quickly then

"I'm thinking about exercising. Does that count?

*Her* "

And what is a C25K plan, please?

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"

And what is a C25K plan, please?"

Sorry, couch to 5k running.

*Her*

"

And what is a C25K plan, please?

Sorry, couch to 5k running.

*Her*"

Ah...thanks... running is allegedly very beneficial - not a fav of mine though

Well done for joiniung slimming world tho

Good nutrition is, if not more important than regular exercise. The two go hand in hand.

"Good nutrition is, if not more important than regular exercise. The two go hand in hand."

Agreed... do you believe in using protein shakes?

"Fartlek is what they did before the fitness industry invented Aerobics in order to con the entire Female population that Aerobics burns fat.

Wrong. Fartlek is interval training without the fixed distances. "

Fartlek means "speedplay". Its still Intervals just not fixed Intervals.

"Fartlek is what they did before the fitness industry invented Aerobics in order to con the entire Female population that Aerobics burns fat.

Wrong. Fartlek is interval training without the fixed distances.

Fartlek means "speedplay". Its still Intervals just not fixed Intervals."

Isn't that what I said? "Interval training without the fixed distances" = "intervals just not fixed intervals".....

Plenty of Sausages does it for me...

Edinburgh

"Plenty of Sausages does it for me..."

That's my problem though... I like sausages too much! Maybe I should try more of the other kind to combat my love of sausages!

"Good nutrition is, if not more important than regular exercise. The two go hand in hand. Agreed... do you believe in using protein shakes? "
I don't myself. I try to get the protein from lots of chicken and fish. Broccoli, spinach, apples and bananas are all great foods if your trying to burn fat. Also try to get a good 8-9 hours sleep a day. It can be easier said than done but the end results and mental well-being you get from regular exercise is really worth it.

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"I went out on my bike and did 17 miles last night then swam 40 lengths after. I walk to and from work every day (been off for just over a week and missing that a lot!) and swim on the way to the office. Am quite looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

Day three of no smoking! I've decided being an exercise junkie is the way forward!! "

Well done

Watch out world............

Ive just ordered my WII zumba

rochdale

I did 92 miles on my road bike yesterday but didn't do myself any favours with regards to my damaged back. Having to take it easy today as i'm really sore.

Hope to get out on one of the mountain bikes tomorrow for a play on the local quarry centres.

Couldn't do a gym as i'd get bored too easily.

suffolk

I have belonged to Leisure club/Gym for 4 years and still havent done my gym induction

Due to putting on a few extra pounds I think thats next on my exercise list

"Good nutrition is, if not more important than regular exercise. The two go hand in hand.

Agreed... do you believe in using protein shakes? "

Yes, they do exist, I have seen them in the shops.

Don't run a car, walk everyday, dance and yoga classes and occasional cycling and swimming.

Agree that a healthy diet maintained over time is better than any of those quick fixes. I went from a near size 20 to a 12 with good diet and regular exercise over two years and have now balanced out at a size 14-ish.

A spate of inactivity or caving in to sweets can put it back on very quickly so have to be diligent.

rochdale

"

A spate of inactivity or caving in to sweets can put it back on very quickly so have to be diligent."

Agreed.

A friend of mine once broke his ankle falling of the decking in his garden. He was vegetarian at the time and had a taste for deep-fried Haloumi cheese. 3.5 Months later and he was over 3 stone heavier!

Before his enforced inactivity he was a healthy gym freak, going nearly every day. Afterwards he was oveweight, high blood pressure and unfit. Took him a good while to rectify the problem.

The plus side is, he doesn't eat deep-fried cheese anymore!

» Add a new message to this topic