FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > helping your ex?

helping your ex?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ladies if you had a partner who's ex wanted him to do jobs for her or take her shopping and he did that would it bother you? I myself woudnt ask any of my exes to help me regardless of then being single or not.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't ask either

Kinky

Both me and my ex help each other out with things, picking up shop etc. we're still good friends and go for family days out with our kids. I wouldn't be happy for anyone to tell me I couldn't do that anymore which is probably why I'm looking for things more along a FWB arrangement.

Never in a million years would i ask him,be like a death sentence ,straight away he would think i wanted him back nooooooooooooo.

"Ladies if you had a partner who's ex wanted him to do jobs for her or take her shopping and he did that would it bother you? I myself woudnt ask any of my exes to help me regardless of then being single or not."

I'd have to pay her a little visit, late in the evening for a chin wag.

I'd help her into a wood chipper

I'm still great friends with my ex and we help each other out with anything we can, as we would with any other friends

My ex often helps me out.

We've been out for meals and for drinks together too.

He knows all about Fab.

My ex is one of my best friends.

"Ladies if you had a partner who's ex wanted him to do jobs for her or take her shopping and he did that would it bother you? I myself woudnt ask any of my exes to help me regardless of then being single or not."

This was one thing that bugged me with my ex. His ex was constantly asking him to go around fix some something or help her, now I wouldn't mind at first but then it got tedious as she had a brother over the road and dad. And she's often throw the kids in his face as a guilt tactic. I knew exactly what she was up to, men seem oblivious when it comes to things like this but I can read other woman very well.

"Both me and my ex help each other out with things, picking up shop etc. we're still good friends and go for family days out with our kids. I wouldn't be happy for anyone to tell me I couldn't do that anymore which is probably why I'm looking for things more along a FWB arrangement. "

It's great that some couples can be like this and it should be. But life's not always that easy, my kids dad and I haven't spoke a word for 5 years I don't even have a contact number for him incase anything happened to the kids. He just refuses to communicate with me.

My ex helped me when I lived alone with our children.

Only with putting furniture together (like the eldest's bed from IKEA) or going up in the attic for stuff because I hate spiders.

No idea what his girlfriend thought.

"Ladies if you had a partner who's ex wanted him to do jobs for her or take her shopping and he did that would it bother you? I myself woudnt ask any of my exes to help me regardless of then being single or not.

This was one thing that bugged me with my ex. His ex was constantly asking him to go around fix some something or help her, now I wouldn't mind at first but then it got tedious as she had a brother over the road and dad. And she's often throw the kids in his face as a guilt tactic. I knew exactly what she was up to, men seem oblivious when it comes to things like this but I can read other woman very well. "

me too.

"My ex is one of my best friends."
yeah but if u had a new partner would it change.

My ex is my biggest form of support, especially when it comes to my kids and ours. When i had my cancer scare my then long term boyfriend dumped me for someone else and he was my support then too.

It wouldn't bother me if someone i was seeing was supporting their ex UNLESS it was unnecessary and they had mailicious reasons for taking p his time.

I'm highly independent though so unless the ex was disabled it probably would piss me off a bit and i'd see their ex as pathetic for being so needy and maybe start questioning why he is supporting someone capable of doing their own shit and then dump him lol.

Nope

Used to help my ex while things were amicable

Not anymore as she threw it all back at me again. Just like the last time so no. No more.

She has a partner let him do it

On a related note...are me and my ex the only people who, when we have the usual childcare-and-maintenance meeting, check diaries to see we're not planning to visit the same swingers club on the same night?

One of my ex is my best friend I'll always help as much as I can but I do it for everyone I care for

When you have children together you naturally have to do things to better the children's situation it's no big deal it's part of being a daddy

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

I ask my ex for help from time to time, were still good friends and chat regularly. However i can see the other side of it, with him now having a partner, she doesnt like the fact we still speak let alone see each other. but thats her problem not mine, there is nothing to be jealous over and i wouldnt take him back. But i understand her perspective

My FWB does things for his ex, if he becomes my partner in the future, it would not bother me if he continued to help her. XXX

"My ex is one of my best friends."
one of mine was till he sadly passed away from cancer.. the other i cant stand but we have kids so yes if i could help i would although he never returns the favour.

"Nope

Used to help my ex while things were amicable

Not anymore as she threw it all back at me again. Just like the last time so no. No more.

She has a partner let him do it"

i have neva asked my exes for nowt. They were no gud wen married. Both my ex husbands did nowt for me yet helped others.

"One of my ex is my best friend I'll always help as much as I can but I do it for everyone I care for "
i like u x

Tbh. No I wouldn't like it if he was her beck and call all the time. I'd have to question it... I'm only human!

As a rule I am not the jealous type but if my instincts tell me different to what he's telling me, I'm usually right to question!!

As for my ex.. If he was dating I'd leave him too it. I wouldn't want to make his new girlfriend feel uncomfortable!

Depends if they had kids together

If they did then I'd see doing a bit of DIY in their home or taking her shopping as much benifit for the kids

If there were no kids involved she can do her own stuff, lazy cow

"Ladies if you had a partner who's ex wanted him to do jobs for her or take her shopping and he did that would it bother you? I myself woudnt ask any of my exes to help me regardless of then being single or not.

If they did then I'd see doing a bit of DIY in their home or taking her shopping as much benifit for the kids

If there were no kids involved she can do her own stuff, lazy cow "

Yeah, this. Although this is also why I wouldn't get in a relationship with anyone who had kids. Not interested in someone who is tied to an ex forever.

"When you have children together you naturally have to do things to better the children's situation it's no big deal it's part of being a daddy "

If there were no kids involved she can do her own stuff, lazy cow "

I just see it different I do my shopping myself and any DIY, don't think you need to ask an EX for things like that personally

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Do it for my daughters benefit and a easy life

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My partner still does things for his ex.. She is the mother of his children so if it's for the children far enough but otherwise I think she's just being lazy

I have and never will ask my ex for help with anything.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Both me and my ex help each other out with things, picking up shop etc. we're still good friends and go for family days out with our kids. I wouldn't be happy for anyone to tell me I couldn't do that anymore which is probably why I'm looking for things more along a FWB arrangement. "

This was me too. I even had my ex mother in law one year to give my ex a break. When he moved into his new flat I went down to see it. My current partner wasn't too pleased but knew better than to comment. My daughters like the fact we still get on and they have families of their own.

I would avoid anyone who didn't like the fact the father of my children and I were on friendly terms.

Yep. My kids dad and I are friends. We spend a lot of time together. Dinner, favours, lifts, diy, whatever. We share the work of raising the kids and anything that goes with it.

My first wife collects a particular 80s toy, so if I see one while I'm out and about I'll buy it for her, on the way to pick up my daughter I'll ring to ask if she needs anything picking up, I've been known to give her the odd lift places, and I'm happy to do these things because she would never ask me to do them, but after being nearly 24 hours in labour to give me a daughter, and helping me keep a good relationship with my daughter while I was deep in a depression, and on the verge of a breakdown, picking up a loaf and a bottle of milk is the least I can do, some women don't understand this though, and get jealous of the fact that I've discovered that she's a really good friend.

My second wife hated her, and saw her as a threat, she wasn't.

My sons mother got jealous of her too, of I get into a relationship ever again, I'm going to take her round to my first wife's house, that way she can see how much she loves her husband, maybe then I can have a bit of peace lokl

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

If you have kids together then it's fine,helping her is helping your kids. But if no kids together I don't see the point

"Both me and my ex help each other out with things, picking up shop etc. we're still good friends and go for family days out with our kids. I wouldn't be happy for anyone to tell me I couldn't do that anymore which is probably why I'm looking for things more along a FWB arrangement.

This was me too. I even had my ex mother in law one year to give my ex a break. When he moved into his new flat I went down to see it. My current partner wasn't too pleased but knew better than to comment. My daughters like the fact we still get on and they have families of their own.

I would avoid anyone who didn't like the fact the father of my children and I were on friendly terms. "

My daughter hates it, she can't get away with anything because we communicate lol

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Both me and my ex help each other out with things, picking up shop etc. we're still good friends and go for family days out with our kids. I wouldn't be happy for anyone to tell me I couldn't do that anymore which is probably why I'm looking for things more along a FWB arrangement.

I would avoid anyone who didn't like the fact the father of my children and I were on friendly terms.

My daughter hates it, she can't get away with anything because we communicate lol"

I think my daughters felt "secure" with our united front. They couldn't divide and conquer.

I just see it different I do my shopping myself and any DIY, don't think you need to ask an EX for things like that personally "

Nor do I

I split with my ex 9 years ago and I have three kids, I've not had anythjng off him since we split, not a penny towards the kids, not a pair of shoes, a school uniform nothing, I wouldn't ask him for anything I would sooner walk home with my shopping than ask him for a lift

But not everybody is me, and the question was would it bother me if a partner of mine helped his ex and in all honestly my answer is no, so long as they had kids

"On a related note...are me and my ex the only people who, when we have the usual childcare-and-maintenance meeting, check diaries to see we're not planning to visit the same swingers club on the same night?"

That's a good arrangement to have. I went to cupids with a friend on Saturday night which is the club me and my ex before last used to go to. I hadn't been since we split up, and all the way there I was convinced I was going to bump into her. I didn't, all was good!

[Removed by poster at 23/09/16 19:50:26]

I just see it different I do my shopping myself and any DIY, don't think you need to ask an EX for things like that personally

Nor do I

I split with my ex 9 years ago and I have three kids, I've not had anythjng off him since we split, not a penny towards the kids, not a pair of shoes, a school uniform nothing, I wouldn't ask him for anything I would sooner walk home with my shopping than ask him for a lift

But not everybody is me, and the question was would it bother me if a partner of mine helped his ex and in all honestly my answer is no, so long as they had kids "

No it never bothered me initially. Until it started to get tedious and every time we had plans or similar she was on the phone and he lived miles away yet her brother over the road and her mum dad literally 10 mins away. She was basically taking the piss which I could see straight away.

I think it would depend, what if an ex has a lifelong illness and was disabled or you have children together and the job being done benefits them too. I get it then.

» Add a new message to this topic