FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Foreign TV Shows

Foreign TV Shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *relanddirect OP   Man  over a year ago

cheshire

Anyone like me get completely engrossed in Scandinavian thrillers? Beck, Dicte, the bridge and the killing etc? And if u do, do U find yourself turning up the volume despite have having no knowledge of the language?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Try the English translations

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've heard a few people mention the bridge and couple of others, we must give them a try

By *GHertsCouple  over a year ago

North Herts

The Bridge is one of the best things in TV regardless of language when it's on. The Killing is yet another box set sitting gathering dust on our shelf while it waits to be watched.

Don't necessarily turn the volume up when watching but have been known to rewind to re-read a subsitle when it was missed!!

Mr G

cheshire

The volume thing is strange but I find you miss the nuance and intonation without the volume x also found the English translated ones to be second best to the original x superb acting and direction in most of them and only stuff like happy valley gets close here although Luther is supposed to be good?

The first series of The Killing is up there with The Wire as the best series on TV ever imo

By *GHertsCouple  over a year ago

North Herts

"The volume thing is strange but I find you miss the nuance and intonation without the volume x also found the English translated ones to be second best to the original x superb acting and direction in most of them and only stuff like happy valley gets close here although Luther is supposed to be good?"

Happy Valley and Luther (which are both excellent) are re-workings of Scandi shows?

Have only watched The Tunnel (English/French reworking of The Bridge) and the first series was ok but was almost a carbon copy of the original from a storyline perspective - the second series though was very good, mainly because it had its own new storyline.

Mr G

Give Trapped a go, it's a thriller from Iceland

cheshire

"Give Trapped a go, it's a thriller from Iceland"
will do thanks

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I once watched S4C, but didn't watch it for long

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

New Swedish series on ITV encore called Angleby, reminiscent of twin peaks

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

In the days of analogue satellite, I used to love watching some of the sex programmes! Wahre Liebe with Lilo Wanders and those phone in strip quizzes used to make me laugh! One night on the quiz - name a car make with "O" in the name ..... "Renault?"

» Add a new message to this topic