FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Depression

Depression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I suffer really badly with depression. Most of the time I know what triggers it, and have had counselling in the the past to recognise and put counter measures in place.not sure why I've posted this..but anyone have any advise..apart from seek help take Meds and talk about things with friends or family...just feeling pretty dam blue

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just keep on talking, to anybody. Friend, family member, random stranger. Just the act of unloading the mind of thoughts can and will help you. If you know your triggers then you can pre-empt the worst of it.

Use as many services/helplines you can.

Avoid drinking when you're feeling depressed, it'll only serve to deepen the feelings.

We lost 2 people very close to us through depression which led to suicide so can empathise fully with your pain. Just keep talking.

Hope things improve for you

By *umslut jannineTV/TS  over a year ago

nottingham

Wish I knew what triggered mine they just kind of sneak up on you.

Mines a combo of my past and I just think some people are susceptible to it..it's dead hard as I think the stigma of mental health is still rife and people who have never suffered just don't get how debilitating it can be.of just feel as though I'm about to hit rock bottom again and really wanna turn things round..thanks ks you for your comments though, they do help

Make sure your close friends and family are aware of the depression.

I also read that exercise really helps, even if it's just going for a walk.

It sounds like you have a handle on it to be honest.

I don't know if it helps but finding your own personal bottom means there is only one direction to go from there?

In my case I discovered I wasn't the suicidal type.

I found the weather had an effect as well, so be aware and it sounds like you have lots of good coping strategies in place.

I wish you good health, OP xx

By *atie ShayTV/TS  over a year ago

@@

When I'm suffering I find switching my phone off, grabbing my dog and setting off on a walk to nowhere in particular helps a lot.

no disturbances just me and the pooch. I set of somewhere to see where I end up then when I feel better I turn around and head back home. Even if it's from dawn to dusk!

Hope your feeling better soon x

It always helps to talk through how you are feeling with someone trusted. Maybe take up some hobbies to busy your time

Kinky

"I don't know if it helps but finding your own personal bottom means there is only one direction to go from there?

In my case I discovered I wasn't the suicidal type.

I found the weather had an effect as well, so be aware and it sounds like you have lots of good coping strategies in place.

Yeah..this time of year..every year..I hate the dark nights and Christmas destroys me. I've had a pretty appalling year personal wise so I know that is a tangible factor..but my body and mind or showing signs that I'm not coping. I'm becoming more insular and withdrawn and everything is an effort. I don't sleep either and don't have a lot of friends or family to keep me going..my daughter is my main driving force as I focus on her..thanks for your lovely comments

I wish you good health, OP xx"

By *obwithkiltMan  over a year ago

Belton

I still have black dog days. .I had meds family and good friends added to this was giving myself routine. .I got up and went running, took up sewing/cross stitch for something to do...I volunteered at local school all things to keep myself occupied. .the first summer I was alone after split with wife I volunteered at festivals met lots of new friends and changed careers because of enjoying what I did. ..on bad days now I watch a favourite movie, put my trainers on and run listening to tunes..talk mindlessly on forums. ...cannot give you magic recipe each person has their own way of coping but above all stay strong OP and there is always someone who will listen

just live in the now, dont think about yesterday it's gone, tomorrow is not here yet,

» Add a new message to this topic