FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just opened a bottle of wine

Just opened a bottle of wine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

and have about 20 of those horrible little flies that go right for your face for the alcohol fumes then try to drink the wine before you do! Hate the things

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

dont be so mean..... pour them their own glass..

" dont be so mean..... pour them their own glass.. "

lol thanks! didn't think of that, will do it now & put their glass at the opposite end of the room

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

I'll have one too please. As long as I don't have to sit at the other end of the room with the flies...

"I'll have one too please. As long as I don't have to sit at the other end of the room with the flies..."

okay, do you like Cab Sauv ?

nuneaton

I only drink posh wine with a cork in it and a dent in the bottom of the bottle!

"I only drink posh wine with a cork in it and a dent in the bottom of the bottle!"

Bottle has a dent in the bottom, but alas most Australian wines these days, and wines from a lot of other countries no longer use cork as it is becoming scarce and doesn't keep the air out as well as screw tops, even the expensive wines

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I only drink posh wine with a cork in it and a dent in the bottom of the bottle!

Bottle has a dent in the bottom, but alas most Australian wines these days, and wines from a lot of other countries no longer use cork as it is becoming scarce and doesn't keep the air out as well as screw tops, even the expensive wines "

You are totally right - I was quite surprised recently when I bought wine from the vinyard that I have been buying from for many years and suddenly they have all changed to screw tops... for above reasons. In the past people thought screw top meant cheap and nasty... not so now

nuneaton

"I only drink posh wine with a cork in it and a dent in the bottom of the bottle!

Bottle has a dent in the bottom, but alas most Australian wines these days, and wines from a lot of other countries no longer use cork as it is becoming scarce and doesn't keep the air out as well as screw tops, even the expensive wines "

Very informative but I miss the noise the cork makes when it pops out-its sounds posher than a screw top being turned.

Bottle has a dent in the bottom, but alas most Australian wines these days, and wines from a lot of other countries no longer use cork as it is becoming scarce and doesn't keep the air out as well as screw tops, even the expensive wines

Very informative but I miss the noise the cork makes when it pops out-its sounds posher than a screw top being turned. "

lol you can have my champagne when the drinks waiter comes round and I will have your red wine if the flies don't get to it first

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Very informative but I miss the noise the cork makes when it pops out-its sounds posher than a screw top being turned. "

You have a point there lol.. and it looks like we can still get it (that lovely popping sound)when opening a bottle of nice bubbly...in fact, you have just inspired me to spoil myself tonight

» Add a new message to this topic