FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wink wink!!

Wink wink!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, so, you get a wink and you take a look at the profile. So far so good. Upon reading the text, you notice that the person/people note that they don't want winks, that messages are all they respond to.

At this point, what do you think? If someone doesn't take winks seriously, but winks you, does it mean you aren't worth a message? Are they just being hypocritical? Or does it not seem strange at all? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts on this generally are?

-Courtney

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're always wink-worthy Courtney

But yeah, a bit hypocritical if they say winks are lazy and then do it themselves! Some people, hey?

Couldn't Care less x

I'm not sure I'd think hypocritical so much as just perhaps a bit dim...

I've got a busy life, a wink saves time.. I wink, if I get a wink back I write a nice message

In my experience, winks mean nothing. If I respond to them, I generally get nothing back

"I've got a busy life, a wink saves time.. I wink, if I get a wink back I write a nice message "

Which is exactly what the wink system was introduced in the first place for I'm guessing.

In a perfect world where everybody understood that then winking would have real value, sadly the reality is that it's a lottery whether you'll find a wink lover or hater using that approach as many people do use it as a filter

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

"Ok, so, you get a wink and you take a look at the profile. So far so good. Upon reading the text, you notice that the person/people note that they don't want winks, that messages are all they respond to.

At this point, what do you think? If someone doesn't take winks seriously, but winks you, does it mean you aren't worth a message? Are they just being hypocritical? Or does it not seem strange at all? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts on this generally are?

-Courtney "

. Hi Courtney, Mrs blue eyes here, we are also finding this at the moment, it's really quite strange, we are getting regular winks and when we read the profile it usually says' winks will be ignored' or we are not meeting so don't wink or message, so in which case why are they winking us? I did wonder if it may be easy to accidentally wink but you are asked if you definately want to send the wink So it can't be that, sorry not really helpful into why it's happening, just that your not alone we have a saying in England that I'm not sure if your familiar with, it may be quite fitting in this situation, we would say when we don't quite get why people do things ' well, there is nowt so queer as folk' and to be honest there isn't! Mrs blue eyes

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind ol bat..know what I mean...

Winks are Ok, they serve.a purpose.

sometimes is can be hard to know what to put in that initial mail message, its a chance to break the ice.

The instance the op quotes sounds like a case of do as I say, not as I do.

Slightly hypocritical and lazy.

Unless they can't message you and are winking because of it.

"Ok, so, you get a wink and you take a look at the profile. So far so good. Upon reading the text, you notice that the person/people note that they don't want winks, that messages are all they respond to.

-Courtney . Hi Courtney, Mrs blue eyes here, we are also finding this at the moment, it's really quite strange, we are getting regular winks and when we read the profile it usually says' winks will be ignored' or we are not meeting so don't wink or message, so in which case why are they winking us? I did wonder if it may be easy to accidentally wink but you are asked if you definately want to send the wink So it can't be that, sorry not really helpful into why it's happening, just that your not alone we have a saying in England that I'm not sure if your familiar with, it may be quite fitting in this situation, we would say when we don't quite get why people do things ' well, there is nowt so queer as folk' and to be honest there isn't! Mrs blue eyes "

Yeah, it's been happening a lot over the past 2 weeks, which is why I ask.

I dont care about winks, I don't tap offense or anything, it's just weird to me when people say that winks for people too lazy to message and then they wink

Maybe you're just overthinking the wink. The winker. Even though receiving a lot of winks and messages herself may be shy in making the approach or its just a wink of approval.

Unsolicited winks if we like them often gets a nice thank you reply to see if there was any mileage in it and naturally a returning wink in the process.

Winky-wink.

-Courtney "

I've seen plenty of profiles that say don't do this, don't do that, don't do something else.

Then when you look at the profile they don't do any of those things themselves.

I don't see it as hypocritical, just a that they've not thought it through.

And now I've gotten a load of winks. Cheers

It's obvious that the majority of people who send me winks haven't read my profile

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

If your profile stated you don't look at winks etc like theirs states then I'd think what a winker...

I guess theyre testing the water with a wink ,it certainly seems double standards .. how you respond ..message .. you can't wink ..puts the onus on you ..hmmm. , I don't send winks , I'm happy to receive them.. I've always thought if a profile interests me enough to initiate contact the investment in time to write a message was worthwhile..

"I've got a busy life, a wink saves time.. I wink, if I get a wink back I write a nice message "

I just sent my first wink

Hypocrites who's wink gets ignored.

But I ignore all winks anyway, a genuinely interested person will message is my philosophy

"I've got a busy life, a wink saves time.. I wink, if I get a wink back I write a nice message

I just sent my first wink "

Ah the system must be playing up, it never arrived ..

[Removed by poster at 19/09/16 13:12:45]

Ah ha! OK, winking away....I'm looking slightly deranged though.

Terrible twitch!

Normally id wink if im just perusing quickly and then send a message later if i get a reply. I dont like or dislike them just a quicker way of saying hi

"I've got a busy life, a wink saves time.. I wink, if I get a wink back I write a nice message

I just sent my first wink "

Nope we still haven't received it.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"And now I've gotten a load of winks. Cheers "

Did you mispell wank there? as both statements are probably factual

S

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

It is hypocritical. It's do as I say instead of do as I do. But there's a lot of that here so it's up to you on what you're willing to accept.

Personally, I love a wink

» Add a new message to this topic