FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > iPhone 7

iPhone 7

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who got it? Which one? And are you happy with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I'm not a sheep...

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Nah, these new phones are too big!!

They don't fit in your pocket.

Prefer my iPhone 5.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

When are they going to make one ergonomically designed so it fits into your hand properly, anyway??

I'm quite surprised they haven't done this yet!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Apple uses it's customers as mugs, they'll never get my money.

"No I'm not a sheep..."

Each to their own, some people prefer iPhone to other phones just like you may prefer some car manufacturers to others

My existing phone takes photos & videos, plays music and connects to the Internet. Job's a good 'un - I don't need anything else (oh except the ability to make phone calls of course. And yep, check, current model does that too )

Nothing else innovative on the latest models appeal so I'm in no rush to be a first adopter and pay over the odds. Maybe in a few months time I'll catch up

I joined the iPhone upgrade program. Pay the exact same amount for the phone and sim as any other contract with a courier and I get a guaranteed free upgrade after 11 months.

£55 a month with a guaranteed free upgrade every year. Happy days

I have an iPhone purely because I need a phone for dummies ... I really can't work androids... God knows why but I bought a Samsung tablet once and I used it twice cos I couldn't get my head around it Need something I can use half asleep

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No way. Too limited - I go up, not dig myself in.

"No I'm not a sheep...

Each to their own, some people prefer iPhone to other phones just like you may prefer some car manufacturers to others"

They manipulate their customers... Easy prey.£££.

I've always found it interesting how there is a lot of hate aimed towards Apple & iPhone when it's the most popular brand of Smartphone in the world.

You see shouts of "sheep" and calling them "mugs" for buying them. It's strange.

Also always noticed that it's non iPhone users who are first to dish out the insults or dislike towards them. It is odd.

I personally have owned, Samsung, HTC's and a Nexus phone and found I prefer iPhone. Didn't think having a personal preference made me a sheep?

I'm the same Adam, I've ha a blackberry, HTC & Sony since I moved to smartphones & then got an iPhone 5 second hand before getting a 6a a year ago & I personally prefer the iPhone to any other I've had. Like you, just my personal opinion. I wouldn't say iPhone is better than android, but I would say that I prefer it.

mr j

By *hamCouple30Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Who cares? IPhones are for generic sheep.

I don't get the hatred between Android and iPhone users at all, just think it's pathetic for one group to slag the other off, the same with Xbox and PlayStation.

Each manufacturer of smart phone has its on unique points that are good for some people and bad for others.

Personally I don't like iPhones as I find the software to restricted for what I want, however that's just me, I have a friend who's more than happy with her iPhone because it's exactly what she needs.

Each to their own, all this talk of sheep etc is just petty and pathetic

"I don't get the hatred between Android and iPhone users at all, just think it's pathetic for one group to slag the other off, the same with Xbox and PlayStation.

Each manufacturer of smart phone has its on unique points that are good for some people and bad for others.

Personally I don't like iPhones as I find the software to restricted for what I want, however that's just me, I have a friend who's more than happy with her iPhone because it's exactly what she needs.

Each to their own, all this talk of sheep etc is just petty and pathetic"

mr j

"I don't get the hatred between Android and iPhone users at all, just think it's pathetic for one group to slag the other off, the same with Xbox and PlayStation.

Each to their own, all this talk of sheep etc is just petty and pathetic"

Your exactly right. People just need to move on and accept that their own taste in stuff is exactly that, their own. Mercedes or BMW? Xbox or Playstation? Who cares? Pick what you like and move on

"I've always found it interesting how there is a lot of hate aimed towards Apple & iPhone when it's the most popular brand of Smartphone in the world.

You see shouts of "sheep" and calling them "mugs" for buying them. It's strange.

Also always noticed that it's non iPhone users who are first to dish out the insults or dislike towards them. It is odd.

I personally have owned, Samsung, HTC's and a Nexus phone and found I prefer iPhone. Didn't think having a personal preference made me a sheep?"

Exactly this. I have an iPhone and the people jumping onboard here saying they hate them is just stupid. I wouldn't jump on an android thread and say it's a load of shit and say they're just a bunch of sheep. It's a personal preference!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I don't get how people cab say they are so much different from each other. They all pretty much do the sane thing in the same way. The only thing about apple that is annoying is their use of non industry standard things like chargers. I thought alk phone had to use micr-usb chargers yet apple get away with their lightening charger for some reason. Same with the new wireless head phones. They know how to fleece their customers that's for sure!

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

I have to admit that I went over to iPhone at the start of the year, I was one of those people shouting about how shit iPhone where, but I love mine and would not be without it. And that's coming from someone who'd had a good few htc smart phones.

"I've always found it interesting how there is a lot of hate aimed towards Apple & iPhone when it's the most popular brand of Smartphone in the world.

I personally have owned, Samsung, HTC's and a Nexus phone and found I prefer iPhone. Didn't think having a personal preference made me a sheep?"

I have an iPhone, also have a few iMacs at home too, I've used apple computers since 1991, they are simple to use and navigate round hence their popularity, what I object to is how they conduct their business, they are very agressive when it comes to getting what they want, having been to one of the recruitment events, I learnt shit you'd never read about in the media.

I used to have an iPhone but moved over to android this year. Much prefer android I hate the fact that you have to jailbreak an iPhone to use it how you want to which has knock on effects like some official programmes not working because of the jailbreak software.

I was going to wait for the iPhone 7 but am glad I didn't as I think it's a pretty poor upgrade from my iPhone 5s. I can also imagine that Apple will do their upmost to stop cheaper brand lightning headphones not work like they done with the chargers and lightning adapters.

I joined the iPhone upgrade programme, like having a standard contract, but with a free upgrade everybyear, winning

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I got a 7, for me they are good value. My daughter has had my 6s & giving her 5s to her friend.

"I joined the iPhone upgrade programme, like having a standard contract, but with a free upgrade everybyear, winning "

This is your second post mentioning this, are you on commission or something

I love how anyone who uses an Apple product is a sheep, but those who get the latest Samsung or HTC or whatever aren't. It's fashionable now to deride people for choosing to use things like iPhones for some reason.

I like apple phones, although not their other gadgets. My iPhone 6 is doing just fine so I won't be rushing out for the 7, but I'll probably get one when this one breaks.

never had an iphone - put off by the limitations people mention - and swayed by my kids who swear that samsung is the best - im not very techy but samsung are ok to use imo

"never had an iphone - put off by the limitations people mention - and swayed by my kids who swear that samsung is the best - im not very techy but samsung are ok to use imo "

I used to have a Samsung and changed to an iPhone, I preferred the iPhone so stick with that now.

My partner has a Samsung and is more than happy with it.

They're very similar, neither of us has ever found anything we've wanted to do that one of us can do and the other can't.

Price wise the contracts are comparable too, so really don't get this sheep business, it's like straight v bi, slim v bbw,neither is better I it comes down to personal choice

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Currently have iPhone 4 which has been fine till now but I'm now having problems due to no longer being able to update the operating system.

My daughter opted for an android last upgrade after having an iPhone and hates it. Not due to personal preference but because it has had numerous charging, crashing, turning itself off for no reason, the speaker went now the mike doesn't work so she can't make calls!

I'm considering the Se would love to know if anyone has this and thoughts on it?

"Currently have iPhone 4 which has been fine till now but I'm now having problems due to no longer being able to update the operating system.

My daughter opted for an android last upgrade after having an iPhone and hates it. Not due to personal preference but because it has had numerous charging, crashing, turning itself off for no reason, the speaker went now the mike doesn't work so she can't make calls!

I'm considering the Se would love to know if anyone has this and thoughts on it? "

Mine is the SE. I bought it when I stupidly lost my iPhone 6, as mine wasn't insured and the SE was the cheaper option.

It's great and does everything the iPhone 6 did. The only thing I don't like is that the screen is smaller than the 6 and now I'm getting older (hate to say this lol ) my eyesite isn't as good and need to use my reading glasses more where I got away with it in the slightly bigger screen

But the size was the only difference between the two

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

I (he) have the 6s, apart from the wireless head phones which I have zero interest in I can't see why I'd upgrade. I intend to keep what I've got for a few more years yet.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

As with all manufacturers they launch new models every few months a few new features to sell them as better than the previous model there are folk who will wish to have the latest model good luck to them if it makes them happy...

Chances are the new features won't be used ... the features that are already on a lot are seldom used..

I bought my phone from cash converters at a bargain 39.99 it does everything I need and lots I don't.

By *he horny kinkstersCouple  over a year ago

North West

Not enough difference between the 6 and 7 for me to consider changing mine. And I've had every major iPhone release when it came out up to now.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

If you're spending any more than £15 a month, you're paying far too much!

I got the 7 mat black, not keen on the new unlock or the fact I can't put a pic up as a screen saver (not tried to hard yet) but I do like it

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"I joined the iPhone upgrade program. Pay the exact same amount for the phone and sim as any other contract with a courier and I get a guaranteed free upgrade after 11 months.

£55 a month with a guaranteed free upgrade every year. Happy days"

Um... hate to break it to you buddy, but, that isn't a good deal.

I think it all depends on what you want to use it for the wife has an iphone 6 it does everything she wants and come upgrade time being an iphone it will still hold good value for resale

Me i find ios's closed source programming to be far to limjted for my liking and jailbreaking the handsets invariably leads to the handset slowing down i find android easier to manipulate and i can input my own code and programs giving me much more freedom the downside of course is when my contract expires my lgg5 will be worth two thirds of fuck all....

Horses for courses

"I joined the iPhone upgrade program. Pay the exact same amount for the phone and sim as any other contract with a courier and I get a guaranteed free upgrade after 11 months.

£55 a month with a guaranteed free upgrade every year. Happy days

Um... hate to break it to you buddy, but, that isn't a good deal. "

I agree, that's pretty shit

It's a great deal, considering that covers my phone, unlimited 4G data, unlimited calls & texts.

"It's a great deal, considering that covers my phone, unlimited 4G data, unlimited calls & texts."

I get unlimited calls data and msgs on an lgg5 ipgrade in 18months for 26 a month

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"It's a great deal, considering that covers my phone, unlimited 4G data, unlimited calls & texts."

It really isn't..

You can buy the phone outright for much cheaper than the £660 you're being charged for it.

Then you can get a sim only deal with similar amounts of 4G data/mins/texts for £10-£15 per month.

"It's a great deal, considering that covers my phone, unlimited 4G data, unlimited calls & texts.

It really isn't..

You can buy the phone outright for much cheaper than the £660 you're being charged for it.

Then you can get a sim only deal with similar amounts of 4G data/mins/texts for £10-£15 per month.

"

Sim free handset starts from £599. Plus a tenner a month sim only contract you're talking £720. There's not much in it.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"It's a great deal, considering that covers my phone, unlimited 4G data, unlimited calls & texts.

It really isn't..

Sim free handset starts from £599. Plus a tenner a month sim only contract you're talking £720. There's not much in it."

I trust Martin Lewis' (Money Saving Expert) advice.

That's all I'm saying. I think he know his stuff.

[Removed by poster at 19/09/16 17:54:23]

It really isn't..

Sim free handset starts from £599. Plus a tenner a month sim only contract you're talking £720. There's not much in it.

"

My deal works out great for me because I'm with Three and have access to my whole sim only plan while I work abroad. I'm in the merchant navy and having access to all that at no extra cost is pretty much essential.

So £55 a month for phone, unlimited data texts and calls while in the UK and abroad with a guaranteed free upgrade every year. I'd say I have a very good deal

[Removed by poster at 19/09/16 17:59:50]

No native headphone port...deal breaker for me, I like the big cans

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

Samsung note4 does it for me

It really isn't..

"

It's not my contract, I don't really care. Just providing some basic sums

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I'm a Samsung girl and would never by an iPhone I don't like them at all

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Had this for too long was puss ed the 5 didn't come to the UK

Skipped 6

7 recalled.

I'm growing impatient I must say.

Not that u need a new phone as I've had this since it was related and still runs perfect.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

It really isn't..

My deal works out great for me because I'm with Three and have access to my whole sim only plan while I work abroad. I'm in the merchant navy and having access to all that at no extra cost is pretty much essential.

So £55 a month for phone, unlimited data texts and calls while in the UK and abroad with a guaranteed free upgrade every year. I'd say I have a very good deal "

As long as you're happy, that's what counts.

Can somebody please show me where they are pulling these figures of Unlimited everything sim only plans for 10-15 pounds a month? It just doesn't exist hahaha

"Can somebody please show me where they are pulling these figures of Unlimited everything sim only plans for 10-15 pounds a month? It just doesn't exist hahaha"

Giffgaff do one for £20 now, though it did used to be £15 when I was with them earlier in the year, cheap for sure, just network coverage was shockingly shit for rurual areas.

I'm outside my renewal cycle or I would get one.

Put iOS 10 on my 5s to have a play and left 9 on my 6s in case it went tits up

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i just find it interesting that whenever you mention an iphone.... non iphone users feel the need to "piss in everyones cornflakes"

i just find it interesting because you don't get it the other way round when you mention android phones.....

smug sense of superiority.....

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

I get that for far less !

I think be it iPhone or Android hand on heart most people don't use all the functions and with each upgrade manufacturers add more of what they think we want... do we really !?

I changed my phone know the summer. . Why.. because my old one died there was a need.

I believe that anyone who runs out at the mention of anything new to get it (phone or other item ) are brainwashed by the manufacturers.

One day an iPhone is going to explode, and Android people are going to be like:

“Samsung has had this feature for years”.

"i just find it interesting that whenever you mention an iphone.... non iphone users feel the need to "piss in everyones cornflakes"

i just find it interesting because you don't get it the other way round when you mention android phones.....

smug sense of superiority....."

Must be reading other forums to me, I've seen both sides slag eachother off pretty much equally. Can't say either fanbase has covered themselves in glory

I think be it iPhone or Android hand on heart most people don't use all the functions and with each upgrade manufacturers add more of what they think we want... do we really !?

I changed my phone know the summer. . Why.. because my old one died there was a need.

I believe that anyone who runs out at the mention of anything new to get it (phone or other item ) are brainwashed by the manufacturers.

"

I agree with you to a point on the rushing out to get new things, but in some cases there has been sudden leaps in capabilities of phones and other items that it does make sense to upgrade. But to blindly buy almost the same thing a year later just because it's new does seem silly to me.

But then again you will always get people who want the newest item just because it is new, human nature

Older Hot Bearded Guy

I agree with you to a point on the rushing out to get new things, but in some cases there has been sudden leaps in capabilities of phones and other items that it does make sense to upgrade. But to blindly buy almost the same thing a year later just because it's new does seem silly to me.

But then again you will always get people who want the newest item just because it is new, human nature"

Yup. And the manufacturers love it. They want you tied into that contract paying them over and over again.

I will never tie myself into any mobile contract ever again.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I like mine

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

They might look better if they didn't have to stay fixed to the wall

Apple make pretty good landlines lol.

There's a funny tweet I saw about how arm's have more features than an iPhone 7 in the fact that most have a head phone socket.

Does the new iPhone 7 use wireless charging?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's amazing really, just what we spend on phones. (Not everyone, but many of us). £Hundreds on handsets and similarly for phone services. When mobiles were launched they said they'd be cheaper, as long, mostly unused wire distribution networks were more expensive than equivalent mobile networks.

Some families must be spending £thousands each year, just for mobiles! Am I alone in finding this staggering?

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

"i just find it interesting that whenever you mention an iphone.... non iphone users feel the need to "piss in everyones cornflakes"

This is something that happens with every branded market now, German cars, consoles, stereo's. it's almost as bad as religions these days. PlayStation piss on Xbox, BMW on Mercedes, pic gamers on console gamers, mac vs pc... it's very much a gang mentality with brand loyalty. The only thing I can put it down to is no one likes to feel they have joined an inferior gang. The only thing I've ever got out of any investigation to it ... is keep out of conversations on which is better. Get what works for you. The only advice I hand out on games consoles is get the one your mates have ...

walsall

This is something that happens with every branded market now, German cars, consoles, stereo's. it's almost as bad as religions these days. PlayStation piss on Xbox, BMW on Mercedes, pic gamers on console gamers, mac vs pc... it's very much a gang mentality with brand loyalty. The only thing I can put it down to is no one likes to feel they have joined an inferior gang. The only thing I've ever got out of any investigation to it ... is keep out of conversations on which is better. Get what works for you. The only advice I hand out on games consoles is get the one your mates have ... "

I have been guilty of making fun of iphones in the past, purely because the people I know who have them were pretty smug about them, as if forking over money for it made them a cut above. So I'd jokingly give them a ribbing

Joking aside, they're solid phones. Reliable and secure. Just not my cup of tea.

B

By *isKinkedKuntsMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

See what's strange to me is it's usually the iPhone users who are first to take a dig and cant resist mentioning how much it cost them and all the things it can do (or not in most cases)

walsall

See what's strange to me is it's usually the iPhone users who are first to take a dig and cant resist mentioning how much it cost them and all the things it can do (or not in most cases) "

That's the kind I like to rib

B

» Add a new message to this topic