FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Alex Zanardi

Alex Zanardi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

One of my favourite stories of the paralympics so far i think.

I met him once when he was an F1 driver and he was such a lovely man. We used to hang about after testing sessions at Silverstone and wait for drivers to come out and sign autographs out of their car windows. Alex however pulled over, got out of his car and stood and chatted with us all for ages, signed books, took pics etc.

his attitude to life and his life changing crash is amazing and humbling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/37368133

I love you Alex

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He is a legend

I too remember the testing days of silverstone, paying a tenner to get in and watch with my uncle that lived over there

Met many drivers, I think it just shows that some of these top sportsmen (and women) have something in them that says I'm gonna compete at the highest level

M

evesham

"He is a legend

I too remember the testing days of silverstone, paying a tenner to get in and watch with my uncle that lived over there

Met many drivers, I think it just shows that some of these top sportsmen (and women) have something in them that says I'm gonna compete at the highest level

M"

I remember when it was free to get in. Used to live in the next village up so skived school to go watch it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember his accident well. He almost died several times. Didn't he spend nearly an hour with only a litre of blood in his body?

He's a true example of a sportsman and an inspiration to anyone with a disability.

evesham

"I remember his accident well. He almost died several times. Didn't he spend nearly an hour with only a litre of blood in his body?

He's a true example of a sportsman and an inspiration to anyone with a disability."

He did yes, I love how he recognises the every day struggles as well when asked about his career etc. He said his main focus was to be able to pee on his own lol

Have seen first hand today how Paralympians are inspiring youngsters to want to achieve great things. Love it.

» Add a new message to this topic