FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > any regrets?

any regrets?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you have any regrets from any point in your life whether its something you have said or done? I remember being 14 and hanging around with my friends and there was this lady who would always phone the police on us for no reason other than being a bit noisy. This went on for months one day we found her cat dead in the road it must of been hit by a car so we picked it up and put its front paws through her letterbox and knocked the door and ran off. I can still hear her scream today. It was a horrible thing to do to someone and I have regretted it for years its part of the reason I now work for the NHS I help people on a daily basis and it helps to alleviate some of the guilt I had growing up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah I regret stuff, but I tend not to dwell on it.

"Yeah I regret stuff, but I tend not to dwell on it. "
I don't dwell on it now I was a complete arsehole as a kid and that one incident changed me. I just passed a dead cat and that memory hit me.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Do you have any regrets from any point in your life whether its something you have said or done? I remember being 14 and hanging around with my friends and there was this lady who would always phone the police on us for no reason other than being a bit noisy. This went on for months one day we found her cat dead in the road it must of been hit by a car so we picked it up and put its front paws through her letterbox and knocked the door and ran off. I can still hear her scream today. It was a horrible thing to do to someone and I have regretted it for years its part of the reason I now work for the NHS I help people on a daily basis and it helps to alleviate some of the guilt I had growing up."

That's really awful. She wouldn't have known about it being found in the road so probably thought you killed it and 'sent' her it. Whatever she did she didn't deserve that

"Do you have any regrets from any point in your life whether its something you have said or done? I remember being 14 and hanging around with my friends and there was this lady who would always phone the police on us for no reason other than being a bit noisy. This went on for months one day we found her cat dead in the road it must of been hit by a car so we picked it up and put its front paws through her letterbox and knocked the door and ran off. I can still hear her scream today. It was a horrible thing to do to someone and I have regretted it for years its part of the reason I now work for the NHS I help people on a daily basis and it helps to alleviate some of the guilt I had growing up.

That's really awful. She wouldn't have known about it being found in the road so probably thought you killed it and 'sent' her it. Whatever she did she didn't deserve that "

it changed me believe me but at that age I didn't know how to say sorry or make it up to her.

I've regretted a few things in my life but they tend to be decisions that have altered me personally.ive always been a nice guy so to speak,even when I was younger I was taught that if you wouldn't like it don't do it to others.

"I've regretted a few things in my life but they tend to be decisions that have altered me personally.ive always been a nice guy so to speak,even when I was younger I was taught that if you wouldn't like it don't do it to others."
my dad was killed by a sniper in northern Ireland when I was 18 months old so I never knew my dad. My mom did a brilliant job bringing me up and then when I went to senior school I fell in with the wrong crowd that's when I became a complete arse

I don't believe in regrets, things that don't go so well are life lessons. However, you have made me rethink this notion OP because I have never been intentionally vindictive.

I guess at least you now see how that wasn't the smartest move.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

4 significant regrets in my life.

Not completing a professional training course I started when I was 18. Would have broadened my horizons...

Getting married young. Still married, but spend too much time wishing I wasn't.

Not listening to my instincts, when they told me, on two occasions, to stop and give my parents hugs. They both died the following day (13yrs appart).

That's me

"I don't believe in regrets, things that don't go so well are life lessons. However, you have made me rethink this notion OP because I have never been intentionally vindictive.

I guess at least you now see how that wasn't the smartest move. "

it wasn't and its true what your like in your youth can influence who you become in later life I changed my direction soon after that.

A life lived without regret.....is a life not lived!

By *oxycouple28Couple  over a year ago

bexley

I have regrets, but I see it as they have also been a part of what has made me the person I am today..

"I have regrets, but I see it as they have also been a part of what has made me the person I am today.."

I regret very few things in my life. If I didn't want to do them, I wouldn't have done it.

I'm

Too cool for regrets.

"I've regretted a few things in my life but they tend to be decisions that have altered me personally.ive always been a nice guy so to speak,even when I was younger I was taught that if you wouldn't like it don't do it to others.my dad was killed by a sniper in northern Ireland when I was 18 months old so I never knew my dad. My mom did a brilliant job bringing me up and then when I went to senior school I fell in with the wrong crowd that's when I became a complete arse"

My dad always worked away so I never saw him much,probably 3 months in a year,he passed away just before my 18th birthday.me mam did a cracking job raising me.due to my dad's work we moved around alot so I was always the new kid in one school or another and learnt how to adapted to fit in with most crowds quickly.

"I've regretted a few things in my life but they tend to be decisions that have altered me personally.ive always been a nice guy so to speak,even when I was younger I was taught that if you wouldn't like it don't do it to others.my dad was killed by a sniper in northern Ireland when I was 18 months old so I never knew my dad. My mom did a brilliant job bringing me up and then when I went to senior school I fell in with the wrong crowd that's when I became a complete arse

My dad always worked away so I never saw him much,probably 3 months in a year,he passed away just before my 18th birthday.me mam did a cracking job raising me.due to my dad's work we moved around alot so I was always the new kid in one school or another and learnt how to adapted to fit in with most crowds quickly."

I was influenced by kids in senior school to be someone that I wasn't

"I've regretted a few things in my life but they tend to be decisions that have altered me personally.ive always been a nice guy so to speak,even when I was younger I was taught that if you wouldn't like it don't do it to others.my dad was killed by a sniper in northern Ireland when I was 18 months old so I never knew my dad. My mom did a brilliant job bringing me up and then when I went to senior school I fell in with the wrong crowd that's when I became a complete arse

My dad always worked away so I never saw him much,probably 3 months in a year,he passed away just before my 18th birthday.me mam did a cracking job raising me.due to my dad's work we moved around alot so I was always the new kid in one school or another and learnt how to adapted to fit in with most crowds quickly. I was influenced by kids in senior school to be someone that I wasn't "

But does knowing that now make you more comfortable in being the person you know you are.

"Do you have any regrets from any point in your life whether its something you have said or done? I remember being 14 and hanging around with my friends and there was this lady who would always phone the police on us for no reason other than being a bit noisy. This went on for months one day we found her cat dead in the road it must of been hit by a car so we picked it up and put its front paws through her letterbox and knocked the door and ran off. I can still hear her scream today. It was a horrible thing to do to someone and I have regretted it for years its part of the reason I now work for the NHS I help people on a daily basis and it helps to alleviate some of the guilt I had growing up."

Omg this actually killed me

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I regret things I haven't done!

Some of the things 'I have done / said / not said' i wish I had or hadn't, but no regret.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"Do you have any regrets from any point in your life whether its something you have said or done? I remember being 14 and hanging around with my friends and there was this lady who would always phone the police on us for no reason other than being a bit noisy. This went on for months one day we found her cat dead in the road it must of been hit by a car so we picked it up and put its front paws through her letterbox and knocked the door and ran off. I can still hear her scream today. It was a horrible thing to do to someone and I have regretted it for years ."

Jeez, I wish I hadn't read that

So the op and his mates found some nosey woman's dead cat , and posted it through her letterbox . He was just 14 , and while it was in bad taste , I can't see why his who,e life is riddled with guilt for it .

Hey ho .....

Oh, yes. I sometimes regret meeting my ex, but if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have 2 most excellent children to light up my "single dad" life.

Other times I regret that I wasn't enough for her, and she felt the need to.. Er.. Branch out, as it were. But, I did what I could.

Apart from those, I try to not hold regrets these days. Take each day as it comes, do the best I can, and enjoy living life as it is now, because it's only short.

"So the op and his mates found some nosey woman's dead cat , and posted it through her letterbox . He was just 14 , and while it was in bad taste , I can't see why his who,e life is riddled with guilt for it .

Hey ho ..... "

I'm not riddled with guilt anymore I was at the time though if you heard the scream you would understand why I changed my ways lol.

"Yeah I regret stuff, but I tend not to dwell on it. "

Same. If possible I learn from it but I don't dwell on what can't be changed

My dad always worked away so I never saw him much,probably 3 months in a year,he passed away just before my 18th birthday.me mam did a cracking job raising me.due to my dad's work we moved around alot so I was always the new kid in one school or another and learnt how to adapted to fit in with most crowds quickly. I was influenced by kids in senior school to be someone that I wasn't

But does knowing that now make you more comfortable in being the person you know you are.

"

I'm the person now I was meant to be and not some horrible kid out to impress his mates by doing vile things

Ive lost count of the regrets I have.

I really wished I didn't have that take away and I paid that bill instead, I really wished when I got married I was more responsible with money and learned to go with my gut, instead I would just spend on take aways and all the other crap, I have nothing to show for it and now I'm paying the price, big time!

Their are loads of things I regret but I think it's made me think and learn so I take the rough with the smooth and move forward.

G x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We usually learn really well from mistakes, so I'd not regret something but learn and make amends, if possible.

I used to be too ambitious for some reason - now I've found my own pace in life. No insecurities about not achieving enough, though I missed out on some things a bit, whilst I had an imbalance towards career. The past has gone and it's just helpful to guide us now - rights and wrongs.

Yes and no. I have regrets but if I hadn't have done or wasted my life on those people I wouldn't be the person I am now. I've learnt from my mistakes.

Don't have any regrets as really can't change anything and I feel personally it's not good to rake over the past. I do believe that all these things have shaped me into the person I've become today though

Kinky

"Don't have any regrets as really can't change anything and I feel personally it's not good to rake over the past. I do believe that all these things have shaped me into the person I've become today though

Kinky "

My main regrets are when I have allowed myself to be pushed into situations that made me unhappy by other people.

On the flip side I now have the cognisance to identify and avoid that now. And I am a better person for it

"We usually learn really well from mistakes, so I'd not regret something but learn and make amends, if possible.

I used to be too ambitious for some reason - now I've found my own pace in life. No insecurities about not achieving enough, though I missed out on some things a bit, whilst I had an imbalance towards career. The past has gone and it's just helpful to guide us now - rights and wrongs."

I use my mistakes and I have made a lot of them to keep my son on the right path in life and that its better to be a nice person and do well in school

"My main regrets are when I have allowed myself to be pushed into situations that made me unhappy by other people.

On the flip side I now have the cognisance to identify and avoid that now. And I am a better person for it

"

good for you that's why I stopped hanging about with the kids I did growing up id be locked up by now.

"Yes and no. I have regrets but if I hadn't have done or wasted my life on those people I wouldn't be the person I am now. I've learnt from my mistakes. "

Many regrets. But those regrets have carved me into the woman I am today. I tend not to dwell on things I no longer have control over

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes with hindsight I have regrets but as nothing can be done to change things I just tend to get on with it and overall I wouldn't change my life now it all turned out good.

"Many regrets. But those regrets have carved me into the woman I am today. I tend not to dwell on things I no longer have control over "

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

I know this is going to sound conceited but I don't regret a single thing I've ever done .

All my mistakes I'm still paying for and every mistake I learn a lesson from .

So how can i regret choices when every choice lead to me learning something new about my self and then growing from that learning process .

No regrets just a acceptance of past mistakes and lessons learned for me .

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"So the op and his mates found some nosey woman's dead cat , and posted it through her letterbox . He was just 14 , and while it was in bad taste , I can't see why his who,e life is riddled with guilt for it .

Hey ho ..... "

Because it's a really shitty thing to do. If that happened to me it would probably break a little bit of my mind. Who knows if that wasn't the case for her.

Damn right he should feel bad for it!

» Add a new message to this topic