FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Move to London

Move to London

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So...myself and MasterBlack are looking to move in together. He's currently in London and my current circumstances are such that mean I am the best person out of the two of us to move as he's in full time employment and I'm not at the moment although I'll be looking for work when I'm there. Just wondering where people think the best places to move to are in London? We have spoken about this and researched it but wondered if anyone else had any ideas or know of any reasonable places where we could rent from that don't charge extortionate prices for bonds and suchlike? We are looking to private rent a 2/3 bedroom whilst there. Thanks in advance guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No idea. I hate London .

"No idea. I hate London ."

Lol cheers for that constructive reply

"No idea. I hate London .

Lol cheers for that constructive reply "

That's because you're Scottish.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"So...myself and MasterBlack are looking to move in together. He's currently in London and my current circumstances are such that mean I am the best person out of the two of us to move as he's in full time employment and I'm not at the moment although I'll be looking for work when I'm there. Just wondering where people think the best places to move to are in London? We have spoken about this and researched it but wondered if anyone else had any ideas or know of any reasonable places where we could rent from that don't charge extortionate prices for bonds and suchlike? We are looking to private rent a 2/3 bedroom whilst there. Thanks in advance guys "

Anywhere you can afford it, I guess?

"No idea. I hate London .

Lol cheers for that constructive reply

That's because you're Scottish."

Nope. I like England. London doesn't resemble England anymore.

All depends if you want to be in central London or don't mind being on the outskirts.

Would have to be on the outskirts due to finances

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It totally depends on what you want from an area in terms of vibe, amenities, transport, leisure and how urban or rural you prefer. The main factor (I guess) would be where your other half is based employment wise. London is a massive place and each area has its own feel. Obviously price comes into it too.

"So...myself and MasterBlack are looking to move in together. He's currently in London and my current circumstances are such that mean I am the best person out of the two of us to move as he's in full time employment and I'm not at the moment although I'll be looking for work when I'm there. Just wondering where people think the best places to move to are in London? We have spoken about this and researched it but wondered if anyone else had any ideas or know of any reasonable places where we could rent from that don't charge extortionate prices for bonds and suchlike? We are looking to private rent a 2/3 bedroom whilst there. Thanks in advance guys "

Be prepared to pay well in to four figures per month for a property of that size anywhere in london.

The Cambridge corridor means you get out a little further but have good commuter links into Liverpool St and similarly the South East is easy to commute in from generally. Where we are (Coulsdon) is only 35 mins into London Bridge or Victoria. Don't know other areas so well but a few ideas there.

T&L

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

East Essex,(Hornchurch, Romford, Chadwell heath) pretty close to London; only 25 minutes by train into the city.

And it's affordable.

West and north London are really expensive.

"Would have to be on the outskirts due to finances "

You'd be better off moving somewhere on a direct train line for commuting in. Living on the outskirts is still extortionate, public transport costs more and potentially your commute takes longer.

It's a false economy

"It totally depends on what you want from an area in terms of vibe, amenities, transport, leisure and how urban or rural you prefer. The main factor (I guess) would be where your other half is based employment wise. London is a massive place and each area has its own feel. Obviously price comes into it too."

He's based in Kings Cross. We are looking at keeping it as affordable as possible until I can get a wage too. We need to be able to access transport ( he uses all forms of transport) I am only able to use the overhead and buses so somewhere with those connections would be fab. Also need decent "ish" areas as I have secondary age kids too

"The Cambridge corridor means you get out a little further but have good commuter links into Liverpool St and similarly the South East is easy to commute in from generally. Where we are (Coulsdon) is only 35 mins into London Bridge or Victoria. Don't know other areas so well but a few ideas there.

T&L"

Thank you so much

I'm in Kent and you can get to kings cross in 45mins direct and house prices are a lot cheaper. Not sure what it's like from other areas

It partly depends on which part of London he needs to get to; it is a lot easier to get to/from some places than others!

"It totally depends on what you want from an area in terms of vibe, amenities, transport, leisure and how urban or rural you prefer. The main factor (I guess) would be where your other half is based employment wise. London is a massive place and each area has its own feel. Obviously price comes into it too.

He's based in Kings Cross. We are looking at keeping it as affordable as possible until I can get a wage too. We need to be able to access transport ( he uses all forms of transport) I am only able to use the overhead and buses so somewhere with those connections would be fab. Also need decent "ish" areas as I have secondary age kids too"

Move to Hertfordshire. Takes me less than 20 minutes to get to King's X. Rent is at least half what you'd pay in london

"I'm in Kent and you can get to kings cross in 45mins direct and house prices are a lot cheaper. Not sure what it's like from other areas"

Thank you lee - what mode of transport is that ?

NW London

Being based in Kings Cross Makes it much easier as it's one of the central transport hubs. Perhaps take a look at Hertfordshire along the London Midland line or somewhere like Amersham or Chesham (at the end of the Met line), cheaper than London and lots of green spaces.

"It partly depends on which part of London he needs to get to; it is a lot easier to get to/from some places than others!"

He needs to get to Kings Cross

"It totally depends on what you want from an area in terms of vibe, amenities, transport, leisure and how urban or rural you prefer. The main factor (I guess) would be where your other half is based employment wise. London is a massive place and each area has its own feel. Obviously price comes into it too.

He's based in Kings Cross. We are looking at keeping it as affordable as possible until I can get a wage too. We need to be able to access transport ( he uses all forms of transport) I am only able to use the overhead and buses so somewhere with those connections would be fab. Also need decent "ish" areas as I have secondary age kids too

Move to Hertfordshire. Takes me less than 20 minutes to get to King's X. Rent is at least half what you'd pay in london "

What mode of transport do you use? We do not have a car so would have to be public transport

It's overground all the way

By *isKinkedKuntsMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Best bit is this gorgeous place just outside London, only a 180 mile commute, it's called Sheffield. Much much nicer.

NW London

May also be worth looking at Surrey too. Somewhere like Woking or Chertsey as it's easily commutable.

"It's overground all the way"

Thank you, really appreciate it

Thanks guys X

By *mstillere2Man  over a year ago

middleport

personally id go camden all day but may be hard too find house there my friend loves in essex and says its easy commute

"It's overground all the way

Thank you, really appreciate it "

No worries

[Removed by poster at 15/09/16 13:33:15]

We moved out of london few years ago, we live in a nice area in kent, bromley, my work is here too and I havent been to london for years. I like it because it is quite here, not as busy as in the city

Move to Hertfordshire. Takes me less than 20 minutes to get to King's X. Rent is at least half what you'd pay in london

What mode of transport do you use? We do not have a car so would have to be public transport "

I don't own a car and use the train to get in to King's cross. Driving in is much longer than 20 minutes. But stevenage and hitchin are the first stops for fast trains so there are plenty of options. Closer to London are places like Welwyn and Potters Bar which while nearer take slightly longer.

Clapham town

Mwah x

» Add a new message to this topic