FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Picture Comments?

Picture Comments?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's all well and good 'fabing' pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a comments thread for each one? Or is that just asking for trouble?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably just asking for trouble!

Going by the kind of comments that are usually made about pictures which make it into the most fabbed list, no, it would be a terrible idea.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We used a site where it was possible to comment on pictures and it could get nasty, there was also an unkind thread about someone's pictures on here recently. I think it would be asking for trouble.

"It's all well and good 'fabing' pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a comments thread for each one? Or is that just asking for trouble? "

Noooo not s good idea i know I've got a lard arse don't need people leaving comments like that

"We used a site where it was possible to comment on pictures and it could get nasty, there was also an unkind thread about someone's pictures on here recently. I think it would be asking for trouble."

This! Nice in theory less so in practice I imagine

"We used a site where it was possible to comment on pictures and it could get nasty, there was also an unkind thread about someone's pictures on here recently. I think it would be asking for trouble."

I thought that may be the case but the present system seems very unsatisfactory. A bit naff really.

"It's all well and good 'fabing' pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a comments thread for each one? Or is that just asking for trouble?

Noooo not s good idea i know I've got a lard arse don't need people leaving comments like that"

LOLOL

It would probably just be filled with messages from guys saying what there were doing whilst looking at that pic.

I know some people like that but some don't!

"It's all well and good 'fabing' pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a comments thread for each one? Or is that just asking for trouble?

Noooo not s good idea i know I've got a lard arse don't need people leaving comments like that"

Your arse looks amazing on your avatar pic x

"It's all well and good 'fabing' pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a comments thread for each one? Or is that just asking for trouble? "

I think you answered your own question lol

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Dreadful idea;

The whole " fabbing" thing is desperately naff anyway ;

Allowing comments would just give the assholes fun leaving vile comments.

"We used a site where it was possible to comment on pictures and it could get nasty, there was also an unkind thread about someone's pictures on here recently. I think it would be asking for trouble.

I thought that may be the case but the present system seems very unsatisfactory. A bit naff really."

Put some pics up and let us comment on them to you in here... let's see how that goes

I've been the subject of a nasty thread regarding pics so it's a big fat NO from me. Xxx

If you've fabbed a picture and are moved to desire to comment, then definitely message the person to say!

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

works fine on other sites, people dont tent to leave nasty remarks when theres a chance that person will actually see them

a lot of women on here struggle to get though their inbox mail as they got loads

add pic comments is going to make it worse

There'd be mass hysteria and fainting.

"We used a site where it was possible to comment on pictures and it could get nasty, there was also an unkind thread about someone's pictures on here recently. I think it would be asking for trouble.

I thought that may be the case but the present system seems very unsatisfactory. A bit naff really."

Photos aren't the main purpose of the site though, they're just an element of people's profiles. Why do you think the current system is unsatisfactory?

"a lot of women on here struggle to get though their inbox mail as they got loads

add pic comments is going to make it worse "

I guess that's true. I can't say that I suffer the same problems.

Alas, there are some folk that seem to glean massive amounts of pleasure and satisfaction from doing their utmost to deride others. So, if you like someone's pic, you can tell them in a message if you really want to. If their filters stop you from doing so, then the comments are not desired anyway.

Yay! The system works

No. I don't care what others think of my pics

"No. I don't care what others think of my pics "

Apart from those that like them

I thought that may be the case but the present system seems very unsatisfactory. A bit naff really.

Photos aren't the main purpose of the site though, they're just an element of people's profiles. Why do you think the current system is unsatisfactory? "

From my POV it's the most accessible way in. It's unsatisfactory because it doesn't give the opportunity to say anything meaningful.

Photos aren't the main purpose of the site though, they're just an element of people's profiles. Why do you think the current system is unsatisfactory? From my POV it's the most accessible way in. It's unsatisfactory because it doesn't give the opportunity to say anything meaningful. "

Oh ok. In that case I'd say a message making a specific comment about a particular photo would have the same effect, wouldn't it?

"I've been the subject of a nasty thread regarding pics so it's a big fat NO from me. Xxx"

Sorry to hear that.

Comments thread as in the forum, wouldn't that be pretty dull or am I missing the point?

"If you've fabbed a picture and are moved to desire to comment, then definitely message the person to say! "

That's an option but many people's personal restrictions mean that's not possible.

"Comments thread as in the forum, wouldn't that be pretty dull or am I missing the point?"

Comments under the picture not in the forum.

"I've been the subject of a nasty thread regarding pics so it's a big fat NO from me. Xxx

Sorry to hear that. "

Such is life. Xxx

"Alas, there are some folk that seem to glean massive amounts of pleasure and satisfaction from doing their utmost to deride others. So, if you like someone's pic, you can tell them in a message if you really want to. If their filters stop you from doing so, then the comments are not desired anyway.

Yay! The system works "

I guess that's all true. Good points

"Comments thread as in the forum, wouldn't that be pretty dull or am I missing the point?

Comments under the picture not in the forum. "

Ah okay & nope I think it's a bad idea.

Opens up another channel that could be abused by the mean.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"a lot of women on here struggle to get though their inbox mail as they got loads

add pic comments is going to make it worse "

A lot of the inbox is about the pics. Most men look at them and then message saying they 'love' them and never even read the profile

"If you've fabbed a picture and are moved to desire to comment, then definitely message the person to say!

That's an option but many people's personal restrictions mean that's not possible."

I'm confused though, you mentioned later that the reason you wanted to comment was that "From my POV it's the most accessible way in" - if the person you want to comment to has personal filter restrictions meaning you can't then surely there's no 'in' to be had and best leave it!

"If you've fabbed a picture and are moved to desire to comment, then definitely message the person to say! "

And I'd say definitely don't!! I don't want everyone who's fabbed my pics to message me to tell me they like them. That's what the fab does, does it not??

"If you've fabbed a picture and are moved to desire to comment, then definitely message the person to say!

That's an option but many people's personal restrictions mean that's not possible.

I'm confused though, you mentioned later that the reason you wanted to comment was that "From my POV it's the most accessible way in" - if the person you want to comment to has personal filter restrictions meaning you can't then surely there's no 'in' to be had and best leave it! "

Yes, I guess that's true but it may alternatively open a channel of communication it get something started.

And I'd say definitely don't!! I don't want everyone who's fabbed my pics to message me to tell me they like them. That's what the fab does, does it not??"

Ha - yup fair enough, just trying to point that the OP has an option currently if he is moved to comment!!

I'm confused though, you mentioned later that the reason you wanted to comment was that "From my POV it's the most accessible way in" - if the person you want to comment to has personal filter restrictions meaning you can't then surely there's no 'in' to be had and best leave it!

Yes, I guess that's true but it may alternatively open a channel of communication it get something started. "

So in essence you're saying there that if you don't fit the criteria the person has self-selected, that you know better that they've made the wrong decision about what *they* want? Careful...

I'm guessing you didn't see the OMG thread yesterday.

Some people can be charming.

Some people less so....

It's not broke, let's not fix it eh?

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Then send a Fab or a nice message

Ladies would just get mean comments, particularly from those they rejected

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

That's an option but many people's personal restrictions mean that's not possible."

If they've put restrictions in place, what makes you think that a comment next to their picture would make them lift their restrictions?

I can see the appeal as a way of getting around restrictions but that's also a surefire way of adding to the CAPITAL LETTERS RANTS ON THREADS ABOUT MEN NOT RESPECTING THEIR WISHES, if you see what I mean.

Not a good idea IMO, complete train wreck waiting to happen if that was to occur

Nah, not a good idea if you ask me. Not unless you could respond like you can on Trip-advisor ratings

"Nah, not a good idea if you ask me. Not unless you could respond like you can on Trip-advisor ratings "

Will we get review points too? How many before a single man can trade them for a meet?

I quite like the comments with photos on *other similar* sites. I don't remember any nasty ones.

"I quite like the comments with photos on *other similar* sites. I don't remember any nasty ones."

Do they get moderated and removed?

"I quite like the comments with photos on *other similar* sites. I don't remember any nasty ones.

Do they get moderated and removed?

"

I don't think so but then we've never needed to ask. I'm sure there's some sort of system.

I checked - they have report/block/delete options

"Nah, not a good idea if you ask me. Not unless you could respond like you can on Trip-advisor ratings

Will we get review points too? How many before a single man can trade them for a meet?

"

A sliding scale perhaps? 50 for grope, 75 for a cheeky finger, 150 for a BJ....?

"Nah, not a good idea if you ask me. Not unless you could respond like you can on Trip-advisor ratings

A sliding scale perhaps? 50 for grope, 75 for a cheeky finger, 150 for a BJ....? "

Who gets the finger?

If there weren't any negative or bitchy people on here it'd be fine. Unfortunately, there will always be the odd few that ruin stuff for everyone else

» Add a new message to this topic