FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > GPRS

GPRS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes I've put this on another forum but I'm impatient and need to know!!! (Stamps feet)

Does the GPRS function still track you even if you've not been online for a few days?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

No idea but you can switch it off on your phone if you don't want it to

By *atie ShayTV/TS  over a year ago

@@

No it doesn't.

If your location on your phone is switched on the website will update your location everyone you go online / refresh the page.

If your location is switched off the site does not know the phones location to update itself x

By *atie ShayTV/TS  over a year ago

@@

Every time that should have said not everyone sorry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No it doesn't.

If your location on your phone is switched on the website will update your location everyone you go online / refresh the page.

If your location is switched off the site does not know the phones location to update itself x"

it's a geek thing

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Are you referring to your phones internal gps or a websites?

Google invariably track you continually on the maps app, along with the family tracker apps. Any app which starts up with your phone will track your location, even with gps off (to within 1km or so).

you can look at your history on these apps and find out where you've been.. Quite useful for the Sunday morning when the Saturday night no longer exists in your memory.

As for websites, no.. Not unless they can read the Google (or other tracking app) data which I wouldn't have thought they would without consent.

Hope this helps

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys.

I was thinking more of this site.

As a supporter I can see how far away someone is from me. I was really wondering wether this site can only track your whereabouts when you log on? Thus if you haven't been on for a couple of days, if it would only show your last location?

(Mobile location, not home location)

» Add a new message to this topic