FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Archers - Domestic Abuse Storyline

The Archers - Domestic Abuse Storyline

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Lots on the net about the Archers storyline for the trial of Helen who ended up stabbing her husband after 2 and a half years of mental abuse.

It's been an horrendous story line but has really helped in highlighting the problem. I was a victim and I didn't realise to start with. His poison seeped into my brain so slowly that I wasn't aware. Like Helen I ended up cutting myself off from my friends and eventually my family. Lost all my self belief. Thank goodness for one health professional who spotted the signs and helped me find the strength to leave and never return.

Both men and women can be victims. Don't suffer in silence. If it affects you please please talk to someone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

l knew a guy that was abused. She would threaten his with her cousins all the time. lt was so sad. He was only a small guy.

I was mentally, physically and financially abused for most of my marriage but I fought back and got away (getting him imprisoned for drink driving was a stroke of luck that really worked in my favour) ...

Now happier than I have been and well away from the scumbag

"l knew a guy that was abused. She would threaten his with her cousins all the time. lt was so sad. He was only a small guy. "

It's a terrible situation to live in. I hope he got out of that relationship.

"I was mentally, physically and financially abused for most of my marriage but I fought back and got away (getting him imprisoned for drink driving was a stroke of luck that really worked in my favour) ...

Now happier than I have been and well away from the scumbag "

I'm glad you got away and are happy now. It takes a lot to leave and never go back.

"l knew a guy that was abused. She would threaten his with her cousins all the time. lt was so sad. He was only a small guy.

It's a terrible situation to live in. I hope he got out of that relationship. "

Yes he got away from her. She was one of the worst people l ever met. She only did it to him because he was a meek guy. She came onto all of us. Awful.

Glad you got away from your situation too x

"I was mentally, physically and financially abused for most of my marriage but I fought back and got away (getting him imprisoned for drink driving was a stroke of luck that really worked in my favour) ...

Now happier than I have been and well away from the scumbag

I'm glad you got away and are happy now. It takes a lot to leave and never go back. "

6 years tomorrow

I always remember the date as it was the day before our wedding anniversary

» Add a new message to this topic