FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Last Night of The Proms ?

Last Night of The Proms ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anyone else notice during the BBC 1 coverage that they were showing what was happening in Glasgow , Colwyn Bay , Belfast , and Hyde Park .

but near the end last 10 min or so they only showed Belfast and Hyde Park !

Anyone else notice that ?

And any wonder or no why ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Ps , I do have my own theory but wondered what other people think or if they even noticed !

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I had just assumed that maybe planning restrictions meant some venues couldn't get licences to perform as late as others.

But now I'm wondering if the others simply descended into a mass shag-fest and were censored for reasons of taste and decency.

{off to check the Daily Star for pics...}

Mr ddc

"I had just assumed that maybe planning restrictions meant some venues couldn't get licences to perform as late as others.

But now I'm wondering if the others simply descended into a mass shag-fest and were censored for reasons of taste and decency.

Mr ddc"

Lol

No I suspect the Welsh and Scots didn't like the last couple of Songs ? So either didn't sing or started to go home

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope it isn't because of the old firm

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"I had just assumed that maybe planning restrictions meant some venues couldn't get licences to perform as late as others.

Mr ddc

Lol

No I suspect the Welsh and Scots didn't like the last couple of Songs ? So either didn't sing or started to go home "

Not one to 'Wade' into controversy, don't say they included *that* verse in the National Anthem again

Mr ddc

Lol

No I suspect the Welsh and Scots didn't like the last couple of Songs ? So either didn't sing or started to go home

Not one to 'Wade' into controversy, don't say they included *that* verse in the National Anthem again

"

Didn't watch the end but I suspect Jeruselem and Land Of Hope and Glory may have done the Trick !

I don't particularly like god save the queen it's as bad as Flower of Scotland In that respect !

I would have Land of a Hope And Hlory as An English Anthem

And maybe Monty Pythons Allways look on the Bright Side of Life as the U K Anthem

» Add a new message to this topic