FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The popular one..

The popular one..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone else seen this....

When I was at school there were obvious popular and very pretty girls who got all the boys interested in them. Roll on several years and sometimes I can't believe it's the same person!

I was an ugly duckling at school and I'm no Sharon Stone now, but like to think Iv improved somewhat with age.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have noticed that a lot of the girls in my school who I fancied have not aged well at all, some look rough as toast

"Has anyone else seen this....

When I was at school there were obvious popular and very pretty girls who got all the boys interested in them. Roll on several years and sometimes I can't believe it's the same person!

I was an ugly duckling at school and I'm no Sharon Stone now, but like to think Iv improved somewhat with age. "

Ive noticed this too.....i was an ugly duckling but now im a handsome prince.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I went to an all girls school but one or two were very attractive, as far as I know they're still looking good.

Life can be hard on a person sometimes and it can reflect outwardly.

Slow and steady wins the race I'll bet their the ones struggling now to keep their men

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

yes I think it's a regular occurrence, the popular kids never really fazed me at school and I was the token fat kid (still am) I just did my own thing, with my own friends and had just as many lads chasing me, I find a lot of men find a laid back person who is confident in who they are very attractive irregardless of looks.

It's a bad stereotype that guys are driven by solely looks and only want the model types (some maybe but the majority no)

I am happy and rather confident in who I am now

I wouldn't have minded this mindset when I was in school. Though to be honest I was more obsessed with music than girls lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Slow and steady wins the race I'll bet their the ones struggling now to keep their men "

Why? Being a popular, good looking teenager isn't wrong or bad is it?

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Yeah doesnt it make you feel good seeing how much they have changed.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Ditto.

I was an ugly duckling at school. I was bullied quite badly by one person in particular.

Some years later I ran into him in a pub.

He'd dropped out of university, his gf had left him, he was going bald and was back working on his parents' farm.

I was like, let me buy you a drink and you can tell me *all* about it.

I never understood popularity.

I drifted under the radar and refused to conform to the usual pettiness that a lot of girls my age indulged in but to be fair I was busy trying to run away mostly.

From what I can see, the pretty, popular girls at school continue to be attractive and confident women. There are also others who weren't considered pretty or popular who are now attractive and successful. Those who look a bit rough tend to be the ones who dropped out, had kids really young and have been run ragged trying to keep up ever since but that's not really surprising.

I think I look alot better now at almost 30 than I did in my teens, mainly due to being a lot more confident and out going instead of being shy and awkward and constantly worrying about other people opinions. Im bigger than i was then, but dress for my shape now rather than trying to hide in baggy over sided black clothes all the time.

I was an ugly duckling at school and I'm no Sharon Stone now, but like to think Iv improved somewhat with age.

Ive noticed this too.....i was an ugly duckling but now im a handsome prince."

quack

Oh yes! Haha. I was never in the popular group in school. See some of the popular ones on my FB now and think that they have not aged well.

I started ugly and only got uglier

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The ones that look awful are the ones that became drinkers. The guy who was the most popular for girls fancying him well you wouldnt believe it.

I never really went out with many lads from school i was to busy with the older ones

Cant say I paid them much attention then and still don't now

up until the age of 14 I was bullied at school, and usually by the 'beautiful people' too.. I had a couple of friends but I was not popular as I was an introvert...

I just thank god I had a growth spurt and shot up to 6ft...that seemed to nip the bullying in the bud...

and I've since seen pics of my antagonists on facebook, who now look as ugly on the outside as they ever were on the inside

actually I'm just remembering a guy I dated briefly as a teenager who found me on LinkedIn.

He looked so different, I had to sit down with the shock.

"up until the age of 14 I was bullied at school, and usually by the 'beautiful people' too.. I had a couple of friends but I was not popular as I was an introvert...

I just thank god I had a growth spurt and shot up to 6ft...that seemed to nip the bullying in the bud...

and I've since seen pics of my antagonists on facebook, who now look as ugly on the outside as they ever were on the inside

"

Guilt can create a multitude of things

Over wrinkling being one

I got picked on for being bizarre and awkward at school.

I do feel rather bitter about it, but still, at least I got to shower with my bullies, and they could see my cock was bigger...perhaps that's the real reason I got picked on?

"up until the age of 14 I was bullied at school, and usually by the 'beautiful people' too.. I had a couple of friends but I was not popular as I was an introvert...

Over wrinkling being one "

eh?

I was the outcast in school, tried not to let it bother me, I knew I wasn't great looking, have gotten better with age, have found some of the popular kids are still the same as before, only a small few are actually decent people, but thats just my view of the douche canoe's I went to school with

"I got picked on for being bizarre and awkward at school.

I do feel rather bitter about it, but still, at least I got to shower with my bullies, and they could see my cock was bigger...perhaps that's the real reason I got picked on? "

there is nothing like being modest

I was an ugly duckling at school and I'm no Sharon Stone now, but like to think Iv improved somewhat with age. "

I was never the popular one in school. With the ladies or in general lol. I was quite chubby, and was one of those 'swats'. Always kept myself to myself and had my head buried away in books. I'm no Brad Pitt and I don't pretend to be, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be lol!

"I got picked on for being bizarre and awkward at school.

I do feel rather bitter about it, but still, at least I got to shower with my bullies, and they could see my cock was bigger...perhaps that's the real reason I got picked on? "

Haha perhaps indeed!

I think ageing is a curse for some. And a bloody Godsend for others!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I was never the popular one in school. With the ladies or in general lol. I was quite chubby, and was one of those 'swats'. Always kept myself to myself and had my head buried away in books. I'm no Brad Pitt and I don't pretend to be, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be lol! "

i think you look nice looking in the bit of photo i can see

I find bullies are usually just jelouse for one reason or another. Xxx

I was never the popular one in school. With the ladies or in general lol. I was quite chubby, and was one of those 'swats'. Always kept myself to myself and had my head buried away in books. I'm no Brad Pitt and I don't pretend to be, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be lol!

i think you look nice looking in the bit of photo i can see"

Thanks very much! I'm not the most confident person but I'm getting there bit by bit

I used to get the odd bit of racism directed at me, no-one ever did get my background correct though . It knocked my confidence a bit but as I'm getting older I'm much more confident than I was as a teenager. I don't think you can generalise about good looking younger people now looking rough. My best friend of 35 years was stunning as a teen and still is now.

I was in the 'freaks' at school, we were an eclectic bunch, their were the school heart throbs of course and the main one, well he is the same only older...and I mean the same... He's mental age had stayed the same as it was in school, it's like he was preserved.

Some of the girls who were attractive still are but yet still aren't keen to grow up and act their ages (nothing wrong with that but when you are 37/38 and still acting like a 16 year old their is something wrong clearly!)

I have got better with age, I'd say over the past year I have got better

G x

I'm the same as you OP, definitely improved with age & have a few omg moments when looking though Facebook on school reunion threads

All bar a few, the pretty popular girls at school were the ones that got married & had babies early. The ones that were geeky ish went on to further education, have careers & flourished with age.

Maybe it's a generational thing.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I've noticed similar. I guess some people age better than others. Some people get better looking as they get older, some don't. The ones you didn't really notice when you were younger can blossom into absolute stunners. All in the eye of the beholder as always though.

Problem is when you're younger is that you don't really appreciate beauty or what it is. You're just a kid. You don't have enough knowledge or experience. Looking back I can see that some of the girls who were thought of as average were in fact gorgeous. Shame for everyone that you only really realise this in hindsight.

I was always very average myself. Invisible then as I am now.

I think i've got better with age, i was quite chubby from around 11-15

"I used to get the odd bit of racism directed at me, no-one ever did get my background correct though . It knocked my confidence a bit but as I'm getting older I'm much more confident than I was as a teenager. I don't think you can generalise about good looking younger people now looking rough. My best friend of 35 years was stunning as a teen and still is now. "

I'm not one to suck up to people on here Venus, but I reckon you look teeth-sinkably good

Alright, is your ethnic background Mediterranean, maybe a bit of the Middle East thrown in?

Over wrinkling being one "

I think you'll find that wrinkling is genetic

"I used to get the odd bit of racism directed at me, no-one ever did get my background correct though . It knocked my confidence a bit but as I'm getting older I'm much more confident than I was as a teenager. I don't think you can generalise about good looking younger people now looking rough. My best friend of 35 years was stunning as a teen and still is now.

I'm not one to suck up to people on here Venus, but I reckon you look teeth-sinkably good

Alright, is your ethnic background Mediterranean, maybe a bit of the Middle East thrown in?"

Nope. Thanks for the compliments though. .

I look at my Auntie who's 65 with hardly a wrinkle on her face and thank my lucky stars for olive skin. Used to be a spotty teen though

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I see a lot of the popular/pretty ones ended up having lots of children.

I'm not saying it's a coincidence.

"I see a lot of the popular/pretty ones ended up having lots of children.

I'm not saying it's a coincidence. "

and if having children doesn't age you, I don't know what does

and if having children doesn't age you, I don't know what does "

Iv loads of kids and ain't aged much

Iv loads of kids and ain't aged much "

did ya push them out your helmet?

did ya push them out your helmet? "

Looking at the "pretty" girls from my year when I was at school, it looks like the days of going out every weekend drinking is hitting them hard. While I look at the girls who were considered weird and average looking, who are now all bloody gorgeous

I was odd then and still odd now

did ya push them out your helmet? "

In a way

I didn't attach myself to any of the groups at school. After school I had a group of friends who were considered nice looking but,and this seems to be something unusual going by the comments on the thread,we didn't consider ourselves to be the popular girls. There were small groups of all kinds of people in school,but I spoke to everyone and anyone. Some of the pretty girls have wonderful lives,some of the not so pretty girls have wonderful lives. I wish everyone well,even the beautiful ones.

» Add a new message to this topic