FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Introductions

Introductions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I am hesitant at posting this as the most obvious answer to the question I pose is that some will prefer one thing and others will prefer something else....

That said, I'm doing it anyway as I'm procrastinating at work during a shitty day...

What makes a good introduction message? I personally keep things relatively short, polite, include a couple of pics (never cock shots) and where possible personal.

However a large majority of these never get read or just ignored (which is expected given single male status). However is there something which grabs your attention in a message which makes you want to open it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So I am hesitant at posting this as the most obvious answer to the question I pose is that some will prefer one thing and others will prefer something else....

That said, I'm doing it anyway as I'm procrastinating at work during a shitty day...

What makes a good introduction message? I personally keep things relatively short, polite, include a couple of pics (never cock shots) and where possible personal.

However a large majority of these never get read or just ignored (which is expected given single male status). However is there something which grabs your attention in a message which makes you want to open it?"

Sounds the right approach to me.

I usually base my first message around the person's status update.

I like to send poetry

I wait until someone messages me after being lured in by my thighs.

Apart from this week when I did reach out to someone. I just said hello and asked if they wanted a drink!

"hi how are you?" along with a face pic. Why bother writing a long message, focusing around them, just for it to be deleted? I always feel bad telling someone I'm not interested after they've put a lot of thought into their message, but I'm not going to string anyone along and not here to send pointless messages to and fro.

So, if they respond to the "hi how are you?" the conversation can move forward and focus on each other, based on profiles/status updates.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"Fancy a fuck?" And a cock pic

""hi how are you?" along with a face pic. Why bother writing a long message, focusing around them, just for it to be deleted? I always feel bad telling someone I'm not interested after they've put a lot of thought into their message, but I'm not going to string anyone along and not here to send pointless messages to and fro.

So, if they respond to the "hi how are you?" the conversation can move forward and focus on each other, based on profiles/status updates. "

I think that's the difference between single men and women on here. For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort as need to stand out for the plethora of 'fancy a fuck' messages...

""hi how are you?" along with a face pic. Why bother writing a long message, focusing around them, just for it to be deleted? I always feel bad telling someone I'm not interested after they've put a lot of thought into their message, but I'm not going to string anyone along and not here to send pointless messages to and fro.

So, if they respond to the "hi how are you?" the conversation can move forward and focus on each other, based on profiles/status updates.

I think that's the difference between single men and women on here. For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort as need to stand out for the plethora of 'fancy a fuck' messages... "

The men need to be more discerning in who they mail.

So, if they respond to the "hi how are you?" the conversation can move forward and focus on each other, based on profiles/status updates. "

Absolutely this for me too.

I think that's the difference between single men and women on here. For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort as need to stand out for the plethora of 'fancy a fuck' messages... "

It's only a lot of effort if you're mailing fuckloads of random women while trying to stand out from others sending messages to fuckloads of random women.

I think that's the difference between single men and women on here. For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort as need to stand out for the plethora of 'fancy a fuck' messages...

It's only a lot of effort if you're mailing fuckloads of random women while trying to stand out from others sending messages to fuckloads of random women. "

I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort was just suggesting a difference to the approach of the single genders... However the original question was what in a message catches your eye and makes it stand out from the males who do send a "fuckload of messages"?

" I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort was just suggesting a difference to the approach of the single genders... However the original question was what in a message catches your eye and makes it stand out from the males who do send a "fuckload of messages"? "

Okay, I was replying to, and obviously misinterpreted "For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort".

But those messages would be ignored by most. Majority will go from instant attraction from pics, the message is pretty much a second. I will look at the pics, then the message and respond accordingly. so a hello how are you is, in my opinion, is sufficient enough will the potential of the conversation to carry on

"So I am hesitant at posting this as the most obvious answer to the question I pose is that some will prefer one thing and others will prefer something else....

However a large majority of these never get read or just ignored (which is expected given single male status). However is there something which grabs your attention in a message which makes you want to open it?"

Yes there is

" I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort was just suggesting a difference to the approach of the single genders... However the original question was what in a message catches your eye and makes it stand out from the males who do send a "fuckload of messages"?

Okay, I was replying to, and obviously misinterpreted "For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort". "

If you are now saying "I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort" then there's no problem.

" I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort was just suggesting a difference to the approach of the single genders... However the original question was what in a message catches your eye and makes it stand out from the males who do send a "fuckload of messages"?

Okay, I was replying to, and obviously misinterpreted "For some reason blokes (IMO) are expected to put in that it extra effort".

If you are now saying "I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort" then there's no problem. "

If the effort required is somewhere between "extra" and "a lot", then it's probably less effort than a thread complaining about it.

If you are now saying "I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort" then there's no problem.

If the effort required is somewhere between "extra" and "a lot", then it's probably less effort than a thread complaining about it. "

I could probably draw up a nice chart as a handy visualisation of benefit vs effort, showing the best strategies.

Absolutely this for me too. "

Ditto. I like a short first message. It's about the profile and photos for me anyway.

It's only a lot of effort if you're mailing fuckloads of random women while trying to stand out from others sending messages to fuckloads of random women.

I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort was just suggesting a difference to the approach of the single genders... However the original question was what in a message catches your eye and makes it stand out from the males who do send a "fuckload of messages"? "

No. Because without opening all the messages I'd be none the wiser. As longas iit's not something presuming I want to fuck them now, sit on their face, rude, arrogant, can meet 24/7 etc then I reply to them, unless they are not indicating they want to meet as in that case I don't respond, because like I said not looking to send pointless messages.

" If you are now saying "I wasn't saying it was a lot of effort" then there's no problem.

If the effort required is somewhere between "extra" and "a lot", then it's probably less effort than a thread complaining about it. "

You have amazingly assumed I'm complaining? I'm far from complaining. It was a discussion topic hence the thread being started... I'm lucky in that I've had meets and made friends off her so it certainly isn't a "poor little ol me..." thread.

I was asking whether or not there could be something I'm missing? From the sounds of it there is in which case, yay me for asking the question.

"I usually base my first message around the person's status update. "

This approach has worked for me in the past.

As I'm not looking to meet loads of people I tend to be interested more the guys actual profile & photos then the message they've sent.

I can usually tell just from scrolling down the inbox's yellow wall whether I like the look of someone or not.

» Add a new message to this topic