FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > happy iphone7 day...

happy iphone7 day...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yes i am a geek.....

so today at 6pm those lovely folks at apple show the world the new phone and all the lovely goodies that come with it.....

I had my 6plus for almost 2 years so mines is up for upgrade and i'll be getting the new phone...

will anyone else?

(p.s i know samsung/android people out there like to call people who like iphones sheep... so please don't turn this into a "mines better thread)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm only just over a year into my two year contract so I'm not sure whether to grab it now and pay the contract off or whether to hold onto my iPhone 6 for another two years and see what Apple bring out next etc

What sort of new features has it ?

"What sort of new features has it ? "

This one can Sing and dance and make tea

After having iphones for years i went to the dark side and bought a galaxy s7! Hopefully the iphone 7 is waterproof like s7 and then i can change back

"What sort of new features has it ?

This one can Sing and dance and make tea "

In that case I won't upgrade my nokia 5110

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Me

I am due a new one, I went for the 6 plus but I think it's too big.

"What sort of new features has it ?

This one can Sing and dance and make tea

In that case I won't upgrade my nokia 5110"

I'm sick of the screens breaking they really should sort that out and they loose charge too quick.

"After having iphones for years i went to the dark side and bought a galaxy s7! Hopefully the iphone 7 is waterproof like s7 and then i can change back "

Apparently that is a feature but it's not going to be public knowledge as such. I think the newer 6+ model is also waterproof but can't be sure. Apple made mods this being one of them but they don't want to add it as a feature or make it public knowledge x

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Me

I am due a new one, I went for the 6 plus but I think it's too big."

I really wasn't sure whether the 6plus would suit me... now... wouldn't live without the bigger phone....plus i have it in "grandad mode" so the buttons i press are huge!!!!

anyway biggest rumours.... yes waterproof.... no headphone socket... so it will either be via the lightening adapter or wireless bluetooth...

doubling up of the sizes, 32gb, 128gb and 256gb....

"Me

I really wasn't sure whether the 6plus would suit me... now... wouldn't live without the bigger phone....plus i have it in "grandad mode" so the buttons i press are huge!!!!

anyway biggest rumours.... yes waterproof.... no headphone socket... so it will either be via the lightening adapter or wireless bluetooth...

doubling up of the sizes, 32gb, 128gb and 256gb...."

Yeah no headphone socket for wireless headphones. Thus making it more likely to be waterproof x

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Me

doubling up of the sizes, 32gb, 128gb and 256gb....

Yeah no headphone socket for wireless headphones. Thus making it more likely to be waterproof x"

I already use wireless headphones so if they go down that route i don't see what the issue is....

I bought all my iPhone's sim free.

I'm not sure I'm willing to part with £700 just yet. I'll wait to see if this one bends first

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman  over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

I probably will, my 6+ is nearly 2 years old and could do with more memory TBH

"yes i am a geek.....

so today at 6pm those lovely folks at apple show the world the new phone and all the lovely goodies that come with it.....

I had my 6plus for almost 2 years so mines is up for upgrade and i'll be getting the new phone...

will anyone else?

(p.s i know samsung/android people out there like to call people who like iphones sheep... so please don't turn this into a "mines better thread)"

I just heard there is no microphone socket on it so I will probably stick with the 6...

By *aughty_amazonWoman  over a year ago

BRISTOL

Don't do apple, never owned one, or even an iPad!

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"Don't do apple, never owned one, or even an iPad! "

Nor me- I'm a Samsung girl. (I'll await my slaying)

I think people should really check out other less well branded phones too(some with features that exceed the current flagships)..fraction of the price.

even some of the £40-£100 phones are pretty remarkable for their features alone.

"I think people should really check out other less well branded phones too(some with features that exceed the current flagships)..fraction of the price.

even some of the £40-£100 phones are pretty remarkable for their features alone."

I started out with android phones and switched to apple about 3 years ago...and I will probably stick with apple too...

but each to their own eh

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

I'll stay with the 6 for now; and consider the free upgrade in about 6 months....

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Is this really going to tempt me to come out of the Bronze Age and ditch the iPhone 4???

By *igerstyle2k2Man  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

No headphone port on the phone.

I'm curious to see what the headphone adaptor will look like.

I'm thinking it will be bulky and ugly to get people to use lightning/wireless headphones. Time will tell.

Newcastle and Gateshead

and here we go......

No doubt they'll make it so only top end headphones will work and keep cheaper lightning port headphones give up working. I had an iPhone for years I just pissed with how apple offered ok phones at premium prices, plus I like to install what I want not what apple say I can.

By *tudioloversCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge/London

First off, gsmarena will always be my goto place for tech specs & re_iews. I had one of the first iPhones when they came out, loved the fact technology was progressing and we basically now have tricorders! -- Also a geek ^_^

Thing is, we could have better. As much as we are led to believe these are the best of current technology, they're not! Korea was, as of 2010, about 5 years ahead of Europe & Americas in terms of phone technology since we had 15mp camera they had 30mp, 17h battery compared to 25h in similar handset designs. Better phones already exist, we just don't hear about them as we're not in the right markets.

As with anything you need to ask yourself, what do I need from this? & how will it improve my life?

Do you just want to have the latest stuff from your favourite company? Or is a more practical need; email, phone, music, camera, calendar, alarm clock etc.

I'm not gonna be buying the lastest iteration right now, I may in future when the cost is more reasonable for what you actually get! Currently I'm using a 5.. On my third screen, but since I've taught myself to replace parts, there's nothing wrong with how it work or how it handles the usage.

Oxfordshire

The new iPhones don't seem that different...

The new wireless earphones are pretty cool, shame about the low-ish battery life.

The new iPhones have an improved battery life with a whopping... 2 hours extra...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The new iPhones don't seem that different...

The new wireless earphones are pretty cool, shame about the low-ish battery life.

The new iPhones have an improved battery life with a whopping... 2 hours extra...

"

remember though thats from the 6s... so for most of us who can only upgrade every two years, its actually going to be a bigger difference from the 6...

i am glad they have double the GB sizes... 16gb was basically useless... and i have a 64 which will mean a 128gb phone will more than get on everything i want...

What I have summarised from this launch is. Apple will do what they feel is the best for their profile margin (obviously as they are a profit making organisation) but it's the saps who pay for their products who suffer. The adapter to use your own headphones reminds me of the original iPhone what needed the adapter to use headphones not made by Apple. The new airpods are £120 just because apple say so. But you'll need to buy otherwise how will you use the phone for music when on a plane?

Apart from this it looks like a substandard phone. I'm glad I walked away from ishite

Quite happy with my Huawei x

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I stay several models behind on mine so I get a cheap deal on my contract

remember though thats from the 6s... so for most of us who can only upgrade every two years, its actually going to be a bigger difference from the 6...

i am glad they have double the GB sizes... 16gb was basically useless... and i have a 64 which will mean a 128gb phone will more than get on everything i want..."

But how much extra £/ $ for the extra gigs? I remember after the ios6 update my phone which had a spare 10gb lost most and I had 1gb left. Could never figure out why then the 6 came out and 32gb was the smallest made me want the 64gb until I saw the extra £s. In the end I got the galaxy s7.

I'm still on the iPhone 3G, never needed or wanted to upgrade, have you seen how much their Bluetooth headphones will be selling for

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"

I have a 6s so no phone upgrade and a original Apple Watch

Whilst I like the new Apple Watch for essentially a gps and double the speed I am not spending 400 quid.

The new Apple EarPods are 159gbp same price as US which is disgusting and I may be asking someone who is going to us to pick me a pair up.

So whilst this is interesting for me In terms where is Apple going with products there was nothing that has said go out and purchase on day1

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What I have summarised from this launch is. Apple will do what they feel is the best for their profile margin (obviously as they are a profit making organisation) but it's the saps who pay for their products who suffer. The adapter to use your own headphones reminds me of the original iPhone what needed the adapter to use headphones not made by Apple. The new airpods are £120 just because apple say so. But you'll need to buy otherwise how will you use the phone for music when on a plane?

Apart from this it looks like a substandard phone. I'm glad I walked away from ishite "

or you can already buy wirelass bluetooth headphones which start from 25 quid upwards..... maybe it will nudge more manufacturers to go in that direction.... but i am not really an "in ear" fan as i find them uncomfortable....

the only thing i am thinking is that i use mine in car.... so i am going to need some sort of 2 piece lightning to lightning/jack adapter....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

But how much extra £/ $ for the extra gigs? "

nothing......

"

But how much extra £/ $ for the extra gigs?

nothing...... "

Fuck apple giving an upgrade for free Steve jobs would be rolling in his grave if it wasn't for the the removal of the headphone socket and forcing people into buying new headphones (unless they have BT ones already).

I used to like the iPhone I just despise apples ethics, even down to no longer giving the 12 days of Christmas gifts.

"After having iphones for years i went to the dark side and bought a galaxy s7! Hopefully the iphone 7 is waterproof like s7 and then i can change back "

Being water proof doesn't help in when it catches fire !!

"After having iphones for years i went to the dark side and bought a galaxy s7! Hopefully the iphone 7 is waterproof like s7 and then i can change back

Being water proof doesn't help in when it catches fire !! "

the S7 that is

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Fuck apple giving an upgrade for free Steve jobs would be rolling in his grave if it wasn't for the the removal of the headphone socket and forcing people into buying new headphones (unless they have BT ones already).

"

I have to ask the question for the amount of complaining about the headphone jack thing that has been happening....

am i the only one that already has wireless bluetooth headphones????

Have still got my 3GS in a draw somewhere. Currently got a 6s plus so will wait another year before buying a new one.

Have tried android in the past but prefer ios. All comes down to personal choice though, the Galaxy s7 edge really does look great

Oxfordshire

I think the new iPhones will be hit or miss. The people that get a new one every year will love it, as will the people who have/will upgrade after a few years.

Personally, I think think it might be worth waiting for a bit especially when it comes to the battery life of the headphones - perhaps they'll bring out a new version in a few months?

The analogue headphone adaptor handily comes in the box - as do a pair of new lightning earbuds.

I find the thought of charging wireless headphones annoying, but that's just me.

oops im on 5s

I opted out after my 5s contract bought a Chinese import for £150 that's really good spec wise (far better than my 5s anyway) and loving being on a sim only plan. I don't think I will ever part with £700 up front or a £45 a month contract for 2 years again.

Another year on my 6 here but it does what I need it to do so all is good

I have a galaxy s4 and I'm not getting a new phone until this one falls apart .

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Ollerton

D here - I have a 6 (personal) and a 6 Plus (Work) and will more than likely stick with the 6 as a personal phone for now. I imagine that my contract will have to increase significantly if I want to move to the 7, I really dont want BT headphones, I have invested a lot of money in my wired ones and really dont want to have to carry an adaptor around with me all the time.

For the first time in a long time I am considering moving away from Apple as a personal phone!

Do the screens crack easily like on other Apple products?

"Do the screens crack easily like on other Apple products?"

All apple phone screens have the breaking strain of a wet kitkat in a microwave... good phones, shit screen strength.

I really don't know what compelled Apple to get rid of the audio jack. So you can't charge your phone and use the line out at the same time?

So they can sell you expensive lightning headphones?

By *tep121Man  over a year ago

manchester

Battery charge on earphones last 5 hours, quick to connect apparently. I have bose soundsport wireless n they last 6 hours. Won't lose them either as there is a wire connecting each earphone instead of separate buds.

By *tep121Man  over a year ago

manchester

Don't want to gloat or anything but is the new iPhone really best phone on the market? £700 phone is just as good as my 1 year old android that cost me £150.

Even that's waterproof to the same rating as the new iPhone..

"After having iphones for years i went to the dark side and bought a galaxy s7! Hopefully the iphone 7 is waterproof like s7 and then i can change back

Being water proof doesn't help in when it catches fire !! the S7 that is"

Of course it does, you just throw it in the sink and the fire goes out

"Do the screens crack easily like on other Apple products?"

My bike has a 3gs, I use a 4s both on original screens, guess that makes me a careful owner

"I really don't know what compelled Apple to get rid of the audio jack. So you can't charge your phone and use the line out at the same time?

So they can sell you expensive lightning headphones? "

More than likely they will bring out a special charger that will charge both and it'll be a apple only product that costs a further £40 and any other manufacturers version will be null and void once ios 10.0.1 is released.

I feel this lack of head phone port has finally sealed my desire to stay away from Apple. I do already own BT headphone adapter but should the battery die I can just plug the headphones in and bang music again.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Must say it looks pretty good;

The headphone jack is not a issue really, if you want to use other headphones with a standard jack, you just use the little adapter lead .

Think I might have a look at one, even though I am pretty happy with the 6

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Named by a Fab guy. It's actually a 6, they just call it a 7...

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

My little ladies have iPhones, they're due upgrades in November, I'm hoping they don't want 7's if the screen is as resilient as previous models. .. It costs me fortunes in screens..

I'll stick with buying second hand preowned models for a few quid and throw them away when they break.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Seeing as the new phone has no headphone jack I've heard Apple have created a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breasts.

The iTit will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women have always complained that men stare at their breasts but do not listen to them.

» Add a new message to this topic