FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ostrich Syndrome

Ostrich Syndrome

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When you're sad or in despair do you bury your feelings or let them out? I find myself hiding in the mundane or spending time on the trivial things guaranteed to keep me in oblivion.

I didn't know what the term 'I can't think straight' really meant until I experienced it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

cant let them out as you cant buy assault rifles in asda

so balled up into a tiny cold black stone of atomic compression and buried below permafrost into the seething iron molten core of earth

other than that im doing all oks

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I love to let all of my emotions run free.

Oh bugger I've an empty head now.

Sure I'll catch 'em up eventually

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

Used to bottle it up but no longer. My life is now awash with emotion in all its glory and by 'eck I feel better forrit!

If im upset about something or someone I have to tell them. Maybe not straight away, I might give it a few hours, but I do have to say as I react differently to that person, usually negatively. Once Ive raised it, got it off my chest, its gone, I dont hold a grudge. Otherwise if I hold angst inside, eventually I will blow and it will come out aggressively and im like a screaming harridan. I guess I do show emotion very easily and dont hide it away.

"If im upset about something or someone I have to tell them. Maybe not straight away, I might give it a few hours, but I do have to say as I react differently to that person, usually negatively. Once Ive raised it, got it off my chest, its gone, I dont hold a grudge. Otherwise if I hold angst inside, eventually I will blow and it will come out aggressively and im like a screaming harridan. I guess I do show emotion very easily and dont hide it away. "

Im just the same my whole demeaner changes. I try to stay in control and talk to said person/s. But like you i blow not always in a nice way either. People have said thats why they like because im firery. Each to their own!.

I prefer open displays of emotion from others as I can deal with it and offer to help. If Im kept in the dark I feel awful for not spotting 'signs'.

It's not like me to be inside myself but I think since my dad died just over three weeks ago, then my daughters wedding so soon after that and the other one moving away in a couple of weeks time, its as if I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of all of that happening in such a short space of time yet carrying on regardless but not all 'there'.

I couldn't stop crying yesterday - what brought that on and why at that time? I'm not a weepy person neither am I a hermit. I went for a walk yesterday and it turned into a run. Ive never ran for 15 years or more I was bloody knackered but felt refreshed. Sometimes I think you need to clear out all of the head debris but I don't like this feeling one little bit.

you have so much going on your emotions are torn from pillar to post, so no wonder you suddenly cry, hope things get easier for you

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I tend to hide my feelings....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The people im close to know how i am without me having to explain things. Here on the forum i wouldnt dream of letting people know how i felt day to day.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"The people im close to know how i am without me having to explain things. Here on the forum i wouldnt dream of letting people know how i felt day to day."
Im the same as you Diamonds

By *ids bull 1Man  over a year ago

midlands

"I prefer open displays of emotion from others as I can deal with it and offer to help. If Im kept in the dark I feel awful for not spotting 'signs'.

It's not like me to be inside myself but I think since my dad died just over three weeks ago, then my daughters wedding so soon after that and the other one moving away in a couple of weeks time, its as if I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of all of that happening in such a short space of time yet carrying on regardless but not all 'there'.

I couldn't stop crying yesterday - what brought that on and why at that time? I'm not a weepy person neither am I a hermit. I went for a walk yesterday and it turned into a run. Ive never ran for 15 years or more I was bloody knackered but felt refreshed. Sometimes I think you need to clear out all of the head debris but I don't like this feeling one little bit. "

its hard ive been on a emotional rollercoaster in the end better just let it out you feel better talking can be a great healer the problem is some people become so cold

Its hard to talk to the people you are close to when they are going through the same thing - but of course friends and family know your innermost thoughts of day to day things.

Someone told me if you actually write the words to nobody in particular or say them out loud its therapeutic and ultimately better than keeping it all in.

This is a new one on me I just have to suck it and see because ostriches have to come up for air eventually.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

People handle things differently, whatever works for you is what you should do.

Vulnerability can be seen as a weakness. But only the person involved knows how they feel

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"People handle things differently, whatever works for you is what you should do.

Vulnerability can be seen as a weakness. But only the person involved knows how they feel"

Vulnerability can be seen as a sign of weakness and there are to many people who would play on someones given half the chance

midlands

"Its hard to talk to the people you are close to when they are going through the same thing - but of course friends and family know your innermost thoughts of day to day things.

Someone told me if you actually write the words to nobody in particular or say them out loud its therapeutic and ultimately better than keeping it all in.

This is a new one on me I just have to suck it and see because ostriches have to come up for air eventually.

"

i chatted to work friend and in the end and woman and it just all came out no good to bottle it up let it out now its hard but you feel a lot better

By *ater74Man  over a year ago

bolton

Better to get it off your chest people know where they stand with you then

"People handle things differently, whatever works for you is what you should do.

Vulnerability can be seen as a weakness. But only the person involved knows how they feel"

I totally agree Pet, as I am the lynch pin in the family its not allowed to have a bad hair day Self imposed rule of course! Then again just because I'm feeling a little sad and reflective - it doesnt mean Ive lost control of my senses. Imagine being so cold in life that you never feel? It must be a living hell I reckon. I don't ever have a sense of why me - always why not me Do you reckon this running habit will take off!!! We said we should do a half marathon the other week!

We all have 'off' days, even the strongest person.

I have been called unfeeling, a bitch and much worse. Some days I feel vulnerable and express it. Others I could rip peoples heads off. It all depends on your mood at the time

Vulnerability can be seen as a weakness. But only the person involved knows how they feel

I totally agree Pet, as I am the lynch pin in the family its not allowed to have a bad hair day Self imposed rule of course! Then again just because I'm feeling a little sad and reflective - it doesnt mean Ive lost control of my senses. Imagine being so cold in life that you never feel? It must be a living hell I reckon. I don't ever have a sense of why me - always why not me Do you reckon this running habit will take off!!! We said we should do a half marathon the other week!"

Or as the say, Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes

Get it all out in the forums that's always best

i'm a straight talker...some folk appreciate that, others (ostriches) don't like it.

"Get it all out in the forums that's always best"

ALL of it lol!!!

midlands

"i'm a straight talker...some folk appreciate that, others (ostriches) don't like it. "

you go for it girl same here str8 from the hip

"i'm a straight talker...some folk appreciate that, others (ostriches) don't like it. "

I prefer straight talkers as I'm like that but as Ive aged I have learned the bitter truth is hurtful to some and has my being blunt helped them or enhanced their situation.

I think a lot more and decide is a little truth with a lot of reassurance then a signal from them to continue giving advice a bit better than brutal honesty from the outset. I've learned to listen better thats for sure.

One thing that really irritates me is the phrase "if you don't like the answer then don't ask the question" That has to be the arsiest thing to say to any fellow human asking something about their life that is troubling them. Your opinion however truthful doesn't mean its right. If straight talking hurts them and you don't like the reaction your words have caused, then its the same thing in my book.

Not 'you' personally 'you' in the third person. Those grammar monkeys are everywhere

"i'm a straight talker...some folk appreciate that, others (ostriches) don't like it.

you go for it girl same here str8 from the hip "

men normally talk from that region

"i'm a straight talker...some folk appreciate that, others (ostriches) don't like it.

I prefer straight talkers as I'm like that but as Ive aged I have learned the bitter truth is hurtful to some and has my being blunt helped them or enhanced their situation.

I think a lot more and decide is a little truth with a lot of reassurance then a signal from them to continue giving advice a bit better than brutal honesty from the outset. I've learned to listen better thats for sure.

One thing that really irritates me is the phrase "if you don't like the answer then don't ask the question" That has to be the arsiest thing to say to any fellow human asking something about their life that is troubling them. Your opinion however truthful doesn't mean its right. If straight talking hurts them and you don't like the reaction your words have caused, then its the same thing in my book.

Not 'you' personally 'you' in the third person. Those grammar monkeys are everywhere "

i never speak to offend, if a person is offended by me then they are being offended by the truth.

i never speak with malice, i do call a spade a shovel though

men normally talk from that region "

I thought it was slightly further down

midlands

men normally talk from that region "

sometimes yes other times not we dont all think well i say no more

i throw myself into my work. Cut off the feeling and stem it's energy elsewhere. If i let my feelings show i'd be a snivvelling wreck now. So it's on with the show so to speak, hard as nails, and bold as brass me here. Leave the weakling in the duvet in the morning and collect her at bedtime.

sometimes yes other times not we dont all think well i say no more "

aye...that too

sometimes yes other times not we dont all think well i say no more "

A man admitting he doesn't think

"

i never speak to offend, if a person is offended by me then they are being offended by the truth.

i never speak with malice, i do call a spade a shovel though"

I know exactly what you mean - malice is such a horrible trait in people isn't it? The truth does hurt but I think when you also have a reputation for being well meaning and you know the person well in the end they will thank you for it. Im sure you're a lovely friend to have if your forum posts are anything to go by.

You personally not in the third person!!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The people im close to know how i am without me having to explain things. Here on the forum i wouldnt dream of letting people know how i felt day to day."

Same for me! Although people who know me well will generally know when there's something wrong but I don't necessarily talk about it. I have a bad habit of shutting down.

"

i never speak with malice, i do call a spade a shovel though

I know exactly what you mean - malice is such a horrible trait in people isn't it? The truth does hurt but I think when you also have a reputation for being well meaning and you know the person well in the end they will thank you for it. Im sure you're a lovely friend to have if your forum posts are anything to go by.

You personally not in the third person!!"

thank you :0)

my friends trust me and i do have great relationships with those i keep close

"

Same for me! Although people who know me well will generally know when there's something wrong but I don't necessarily talk about it. I have a bad habit of shutting down. "

I rarely shut down from my loved ones but have been really burying my head in the sand ostrich style, which was the thread subject regards doing unimportant mundane stuff to keep your mind from the achey feelings. In a sense is it natures way of stopping brain overload - like a natural 'soother'. As I say my head has been mush which is a new experience for me as I usually jolly myself along.

The natural anxiety of prepping for my daughters wedding gave me some really weird dreams!!!

midlands

A man admitting he doesn't think"

well some of us are different what day is it

I wouldnt spill out all my innermost feelings on any forum, there might be things going on in my life right now, but I wouldnt tell anyone unless I decided it was right to. I tend to write down thoughts and issues if Im particularly worried. Seeing it written down helps it to be put into prospective. I have a cry if Im really down, tend to fall asleep doing it and I do feel a little better afterwards.

well some of us are different what day is it "

Tuesday

midlands

well some of us are different what day is it

Tuesday "

nearly weds or it is thursday

"I wouldnt spill out all my innermost feelings on any forum, there might be things going on in my life right now, but I wouldnt tell anyone unless I decided it was right to. I tend to write down thoughts and issues if Im particularly worried. Seeing it written down helps it to be put into prospective. I have a cry if Im really down, tend to fall asleep doing it and I do feel a little better afterwards. "

Yes, bare bones are enough for the forums my innermost thoughts would scare others to death You're right re crying. I was talking to a girl on here who's daughter moved away 2 months ago. Shes planning on coming home - absolutely hates it and misses her freinds and family. Now that was excellent news - I wonder if lightening strikes twice hahahahah

*Nods in agreement*

midlands

"I wouldnt spill out all my innermost feelings on any forum, there might be things going on in my life right now, but I wouldnt tell anyone unless I decided it was right to. I tend to write down thoughts and issues if Im particularly worried. Seeing it written down helps it to be put into prospective. I have a cry if Im really down, tend to fall asleep doing it and I do feel a little better afterwards.

Yes, bare bones are enough for the forums my innermost thoughts would scare others to death You're right re crying. I was talking to a girl on here who's daughter moved away 2 months ago. Shes planning on coming home - absolutely hates it and misses her freinds and family. Now that was excellent news - I wonder if lightening strikes twice hahahahah "

you go for it just let it out cry or scream its hard

Peeps do not call me scary for no reason.

If someone/thing annoys me, peeps will know about it.

I have no problem biting one's head off, no matter how high up one is on the fruit tree!

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I wouldnt spill out all my innermost feelings on any forum, there might be things going on in my life right now, but I wouldnt tell anyone unless I decided it was right to. I tend to write down thoughts and issues if Im particularly worried. Seeing it written down helps it to be put into prospective. I have a cry if Im really down, tend to fall asleep doing it and I do feel a little better afterwards.

Yes, bare bones are enough for the forums my innermost thoughts would scare others to death You're right re crying. I was talking to a girl on here who's daughter moved away 2 months ago. Shes planning on coming home - absolutely hates it and misses her freinds and family. Now that was excellent news - I wonder if lightening strikes twice hahahahah

you go for it just let it out cry or scream its hard

"

i agree if you have to let goo

some times you do

» Add a new message to this topic