FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tattoo cover up

Tattoo cover up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a tattoo that needs covering. It's pretty old, 25 years. It's on my left hip and it has a lot of colour in it. It's about 5 inches in diameter. I know what I want as a cover, and I'm prepared to pay for a good job. I won't be going to sketch

I'd like to know about the pain involved, apparently it's worse than an initial tattoo? Has anyone had a tattoo cover up? How was the pain level for you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My Buddha is a cover up. Hurt no more than he first time around.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive got two cover ups didnt hurt any different.

I had mine covered (or rather fixed) just 4 weeks after first having it done. It was actually less painful the second time but that's probably because the artist had a more gentle hand. It was also over scarring that had been left hypersensitive and it was still totally bareable.

Good luck and I'm sure it will be worth the discomfort.

Mrs xx

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple  over a year ago

home sweet home

I will kiss it better for you

MrsSB

I've had 2 and pain was no different to the first time around. What I would strongly advise though, is to have the old one lasered down or you may have to compromise on the design/colour you have put over it otherwise.

I had a cover up on my foot and it hurt a lot although foot tattoos are pretty painful anyway. But it definitely hurt considerably more than the first time around. Definitely worth it though

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Oh I like tattoo pain

Why do you want it covered?

"Why do you want it covered? "

Becasue she no longer likes it???

Hard to compare because different artists can be more heavy-handed, so it could be just that! I've had two, one hurt more but I'm fairly sure that's just because he was a bit of a butcher.

Two cover ups I mean btw.

By *andJ2227Couple  over a year ago

Swadlincote

I have had two cover ups, one was absolutely fine the other had quite abit of scar tissue due to the previous tattooist going too deep so that hurt quite abit.

"I have a tattoo that needs covering. It's pretty old, 25 years. It's on my left hip and it has a lot of colour in it. It's about 5 inches in diameter. I know what I want as a cover, and I'm prepared to pay for a good job. I won't be going to sketch

I'd like to know about the pain involved, apparently it's worse than an initial tattoo? Has anyone had a tattoo cover up? How was the pain level for you? "

I've had a cover up and it was fine wasn't more painful atall x

"I have a tattoo that needs covering. It's pretty old, 25 years. It's on my left hip and it has a lot of colour in it. It's about 5 inches in diameter. I know what I want as a cover, and I'm prepared to pay for a good job. I won't be going to sketch

I'd like to know about the pain involved, apparently it's worse than an initial tattoo? Has anyone had a tattoo cover up? How was the pain level for you? "

Depends where the tattoos are near soft tissues and nerves ect,I've had two cover up tattoos on My left hand and above My left Breast and I was okay. .

Yes I have a cover.

Wasn't any more or less painful

Depends on the design you want covering. If it's a heavy cover it may be more painful.

We have a former tattooist of the year here. He's brilliant.

Ok, that's great. Thanks all, good to know how different people, areas etc., react.

I want it covered because it no longer looks good. I want poppies running partially down my side, hip and top of leg. It has quite a lot of black in the design, which will help with the cover up.

Thanks all

MrsSB, your kisses will make it all worth while

"Yes I have a cover.

Depends on the design you want covering. If it's a heavy cover it may be more painful.

We have a former tattooist of the year here. He's brilliant. "

Seriously? I wish he'd get in touch, that'd be amazing!

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I haven't had a cover up per se, but my first sleeve was spread over a couple of years (saving up between sessions, ya dig?) so as he was nearing completion he went back over the earlier work in places where the colour had dropped out a little, so there weren't faded spots. I could definitely tell when he was going back over existing work, it felt kinda like the skin was tougher so he had to dig deeper, if that makes sense? Anyway, yes, it was more painful, but not to a great extent, no worse than one area might naturally be more painful than another anyway.

Thanks for that

"Yes I have a cover.

We have a former tattooist of the year here. He's brilliant.

Seriously? I wish he'd get in touch, that'd be amazing! "

I've pmd you.

I saw a beautiful tattoo that covered the thigh,hip and partial waist. It was a floral pattern and my favourite.

Are you allowed to numb the pain with alcohol?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

Are you allowed to numb the pain with alcohol? "

It's probably as a result of alcohol that most of these cover ups are needed

I had a shit tribal tattoo covered up and I can't recall it being any worse than the original. I have another shit tribal I want shot of (can't be covered with what I want) so I'm getting laser treatment first. Apparently that knacks so I'm not looking forward to that

Moral of the story, don't get shit tattoos done when you're young and daft

"I saw a beautiful tattoo that covered the thigh,hip and partial waist. It was a floral pattern and my favourite.

Are you allowed to numb the pain with alcohol? "

Only if you want to bleed like a bitch and need the whole thing redone

I think I must be a whimp

I've have cover ups and I found them more painful, when I commented on it the guy said it usually hurts more as your going over old scare tissue

My back was the worse I could really feel the difference as it was going over the old one and moving onto new skin

"Oh I like tattoo pain "

The noise you make as well

It is moreally painfull as they need to do deeper! And also it's a bigger tattoo.

I didn't have a cover up but mine was 6 hrs all shading and right in the fold of the inner forearm.

But its also a well known fact that women are tougher than men. So you got this!!

I had a small tattoo covered on my hip but the new one runs up my thigh , over the hip and up my ribs. Going over the old one was fine but shit the ribs hurt but that apparently is a painful area.

No different, personally.

By *reakish DesireCouple  over a year ago

Bisexuals

Mrs. FD had a small cover up done on one of hers. I think, she said it felt the same as the first time. But then again, she finds getting tattooed bizarrely relaxing.

Definitely agree with getting someone who's worth the wait.

Hope that helps in some way. Good luck.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"Oh I like tattoo pain

The noise you make as well "

It's horrendous

By *aeganaWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I find tattoos relaxing not painful saving up for a coverup on my arm having a half sleeve done will take a while but cant wait

» Add a new message to this topic