FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > can I please have your attention

can I please have your attention

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I need a nice chicken and vegetable pie recipe. In gravy,not white sauce and with puff or flaky pastry. I've seen a few on websites but,as you lot have come across with tried and tested recipes in the past,I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for reading

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up

"Will the real Slim Shady please stand up"

Ahem,can you be serious please,this is a serious thread

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Do you want a proper pie or a pielike version? Because the cheat's chicken puff pie on the goodtoknow website is lush. Although last time I tried it I went with additional accompaniments (mainly so I could try out my new potato ricer and make mash).

By *nc24funCouple  over a year ago

wigan

I like to put my veg and diced chicken plus chicken stock and seasoning into the slow cooker .It makes it so tender and melts in your mouth . Once cookedI transfer to an oven dish drain the juices and thicken to a gravy pour it over then add the pastry ... I've used all kinds of vegetables in mine always so tasty and hearty

"Do you want a proper pie or a pielike version? Because the cheat's chicken puff pie on the goodtoknow website is lush. Although last time I tried it I went with additional accompaniments (mainly so I could try out my new potato ricer and make mash)."

What is the cheat? If it's frozen pastry that's fine. It's a nice filling I'm looking for.

"I like to put my veg and diced chicken plus chicken stock and seasoning into the slow cooker .It makes it so tender and melts in your mouth . Once cookedI transfer to an oven dish drain the juices and thicken to a gravy pour it over then add the pastry ... I've used all kinds of vegetables in mine always so tasty and hearty "

I don't have a slow cooker. I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients.

"I like to put my veg and diced chicken plus chicken stock and seasoning into the slow cooker .It makes it so tender and melts in your mouth . Once cookedI transfer to an oven dish drain the juices and thicken to a gravy pour it over then add the pastry ... I've used all kinds of vegetables in mine always so tasty and hearty

I don't have a slow cooker. I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients. "

Use your Nana's recipe, oh yes...sorry

" I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients. "

How many people are you cooking for?

What meal is it? Do you want to serve the pie at the table?

Q

" I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients.

Q"

Cooking for two but he'll eat the rest as leftovers. It will be eaten as soon as it's cooked.

"

I don't have a slow cooker. I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients. "

Use the stock you cook the chicken in and add a little corn flour tarragon and marsala

" I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients.

Q

Cooking for two but he'll eat the rest as leftovers. It will be eaten as soon as it's cooked. "

It's for dinner,or tea depending where you live.

"

I don't have a slow cooker. I'm looking for a nice gravy that isn't too salty and quantities of ingredients.

Use the stock you cook the chicken in and add a little corn flour tarragon and marsala "

I was going to use chicken breast as it has less fat.

"

Use the stock you cook the chicken in and add a little corn flour tarragon and marsala

I was going to use chicken breast as it has less fat. "

Buy some decent chicken stock then.

If you're using breast then I'd advise leaving it whole so it doesn't dry out. I take the lid off and shred it after and put the lid back on.

"

I was going to use chicken breast as it has less fat.

Buy some decent chicken stock then.

If you're using breast then I'd advise leaving it whole so it doesn't dry out. I take the lid off and shred it after and put the lid back on."

Shop bought stock is fatty and high in salt. I'm going for a healthy,home made version if possible.

Get a few thighs then and make your stock with that. Not many options remaining otherwise.

You can get good stock these days.

We can do cake if that helps?

"Get a few thighs then and make your stock with that. Not many options remaining otherwise.

"

Ok,so what goes in the stock,to make a nice pie?

"We can do cake if that helps? "

I can do cake to death. I fancy making pies for a change

can I please have your attention

I've got ADHD so no

"can I please have your attention

I've got ADHD so no "

Can you make a pie though?

"Get a few thighs then and make your stock with that. Not many options remaining otherwise.

Ok,so what goes in the stock,to make a nice pie? "

You want to heat the stock. Good stock is jellified add whatever herbs or spices. I like tarragon or thyme and rosemary. Add a little corn flower mixed with cold water and it will thicken.

You want to heat the stock. Good stock is jellified add whatever herbs or spices. I like tarragon or thyme and rosemary. Add a little corn flower mixed with cold water and it will thicken.

"

I know how to make a stock,I want ideas for vegetable and flavours.

I do a pie on slimming world that I call "shit" pie it's basically left overs it would work for what you want so I add chicken breast chopped, onions, other veg I fancy and Bung it all in a pan, I add 2 chicken oxos and a tiny amount of water and cook it all together until chicken browned and the consistency correct. I also add what ever spices I fancy, usually black pepper and sometimes Cajun etc then I throw it all in a dish and top it with mash potato, if I fancy a treat I have topped it with filo pastry.

If you want as low as fat as possible that's the best way.

I know how to make a stock,I want ideas for vegetable and flavours. "

Thats not stock it's gravy made from stock. Get a cookbook then lol

Don't know what else to suggest.

Chicken, veg, gravy, and pastry. It's easy as piss.

Enjoy

I know how to make a stock,I want ideas for vegetable and flavours.

Thats not stock it's gravy made from stock. Get a cookbook then lol

Don't know what else to suggest.

Chicken, veg, gravy, and pastry. It's easy as piss.

Enjoy "

I have cookbooks and been searching online. Read my opening post you donut

Meh!!

If you want the best pie ever look at a south African cooks website or books.

They have taken the humble pie to a new level.

Hi,

"I want ideas for vegetable and flavours"

A traditional choice is chicken and mushroom. So add fine chopped onion and button mushrooms into the chicken stock (I tend to quarter rather than slice the mushrooms). For flavouring I suggest: parsley and thyme with a dash of worcester sauce.

For veg: boiled new potatoes or mustard mash, then you need something to bring colour to the plate - so perhaps either baton carrots, french beans and/or sweet corn.

Q

"Hi,

"I want ideas for vegetable and flavours"

A traditional choice is chicken and mushroom. So add fine chopped onion and button mushrooms into the chicken stock (I tend to quarter rather than slice the mushrooms). For flavouring I suggest: parsley and thyme with a dash of worcester sauce.

For veg: boiled new potatoes or mustard mash, then you need something to bring colour to the plate - so perhaps either baton carrots, french beans and/or sweet corn.

I made it already thank you. He doesn't like mushrooms. I made a chicken and vegetable pie with leeks,carrots,peas,green beans,spinach and chicken. It was very nice.

Q"

"

I made it already thank you. He doesn't like mushrooms. I made a chicken and vegetable pie with leeks,carrots,peas,green beans,spinach and chicken. It was very nice.

"

Sounds nice too - I hope it had the desired effect.

» Add a new message to this topic