FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Laptop help olease

Laptop help olease

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

My little lady has a Toshiba laptop on start-up the screen shows the Toshiba logo and then underneath says preparing automatic repair.. after a minute or so blank screen.

Suggestions / thoughts ..

Please be aware 1. I'm a techno numpty, 2. It was a second hand laptop 2 years ago and I don't have the Windows disc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Disconnect power lead, take battery out. Press and hold down power button for 1 minute. Reconnect power lead (leave battery out) and try powering on again.

"Disconnect power lead, take battery out. Press and hold down power button for 1 minute. Reconnect power lead (leave battery out) and try powering on again."

Cheers fella... Sadly didn't work.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Ok. If Windows 7 you can get disc and new licence key from ebay £20...yes it's legitimate! If the drive is playing up. New solid state drive (better than old mechanical drive) from amazon. 120gb = £31. Tutorials for installing on ebay.

Windows 8, I think I'll take it to a repair shop

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

On starting up press and hold f8 then you should get the option to open in safe mode and then once you are on you might be able to solve the start up issue

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Windows 8, I think I'll take it to a repair shop "

If it says "Starting automatic repair" then windows is corrupt. There is no quick easy non technical fix. If there isn't anything on it you want to keep then the easiest fix is to reinstall windows. This is generally what a shop will do.

If the laptop hasn't been changed since you got it, there may be a "System Restore Partition", this would restore the laptop to factory setup. Often with Toshiba laptops, you access this by holding 0 key whilst switching on.

Hope this helps.

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic