FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > people who put "read profile" then write a full blown essay!

people who put "read profile" then write a full blown essay!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ropshaft OP   Man  over a year ago

Am i the only person who gets really fucked off when someone puts "read profile" and therea a full blown novel of their life on there? Keep it short and sweet. if i wanted to read a autobiography id go fucking buy one!!! Thanks.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Am i the only person who gets really fucked off when someone puts "read profile" and therea a full blown novel of their life on there? Keep it short and sweet. if i wanted to read a autobiography id go fucking buy one!!! Thanks. "

Don't fucking read it then.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Noone is forcing you to read them.

I dont like short profiles so i dont read them

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

As to a profile that's typical for 99 percent of single men on here?

If they have taken the time to write about themselves then its fair to read it.. It will save a lot of let downs and messages being deleted.

Also you could miss something that in the moment is highly important

Love the forums but sheesh, it's like groundhog day sometimes.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Am i the only person who gets really fucked off when someone puts "read profile" and therea a full blown novel of their life on there? Keep it short and sweet. if i wanted to read a autobiography id go fucking buy one!!! Thanks.

"

Or send them a message.

I like the ones that don't bother reading my profile... Makes for the best filter at times

"Am i the only person who gets really fucked off when someone puts "read profile" and therea a full blown novel of their life on there? Keep it short and sweet. if i wanted to read a autobiography id go fucking buy one!!! Thanks.

better still... dont fucking write it in the first place

"

"Noone is forcing you to read them.

I dont like short profiles so i dont read them"

nobody mentioned anything about forcing to read! i just said i find it annoying??

"Am i the only person who gets really fucked off when someone puts "read profile" and therea a full blown novel of their life on there? Keep it short and sweet. if i wanted to read a autobiography id go fucking buy one!!! Thanks. "

I was reading the first line of this, to be honest, this is to fucking long!

I think you should take the time to read what's written as it saves a lot of time in establishing compatability.. Esp when that have taken the time to express themselves.

You want to shag 'em but can't be arsed to put in a couple of minutes reading?

The mind boggles

I like it when they pick you up for not pointing out something they think they have put in the profile but didn't get round to it

"

This

I'd have thought that as a single man in the company of hundreds of single men, you would read it, take note of it and send a message based on its content?

If you don't then more fool you, as people are more likely to respond to those who have read their profiles than not ...

But also they could have taken 2 seconds to read yours and decided you did them a favour

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Not if you inbox first! We and most on here want something other than a bland and boring profile.

On average 100 messages a day...each single bloke...cock shot and one sentence. Its actually boring and predictable so its meh and delete.

Then people get shirty about it and dont like it when told why they have been deleted...or they post here in an attempt to get some sympathy because we have a profile (not you op, but it has happend)

End of the day people will put what they want, either read it or dont. But dont be surprised when you get little or no replys.

My profile probably is a bit on the long side, but surely that shows effort? If effort is put into a profile then surely that would bring more chance of success?

A couple of lines shows laziness so if a person can't be bothered to write at least a half decent profile bio, then what does that say to a potential meet?

However, a "War and Peace" style profile may be off-putting to some as well so I do see the other side of the coin with this OP. It's all about finding that happy medium I suppose, but with so many people on here and so many preferences, writing the perfect profile is a damn near impossible task!!

"I like the ones that don't bother reading my profile... Makes for the best filter at times "
yup quick and easy block x

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

OK OP, we have quite a long one fnaar fnaar, go look, tell me what you see & how much you need to read to see it..

S

Hopefully if they reply to your messages they keep them short as not to waste your time?

I suspect if you can't be arsed to read their profile you aren't what they are looking for

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My profile is probably a bit long but am I bothered? If people can't be arsed to read it and find out a bit about me and what I'm looking for then they're not my kind of bloke anyway

I rarely send any messages. If I click on a profile and the text is one long mahooosive paragraph broken only with a list of do'so and dont's in block capitals I don't bother continuing.

Some peoples lives revolve around swinging. Mine doesn't.

I'm here for shits n giggles not a job interview.

"I rarely send any messages. If I click on a profile and the text is one long mahooosive paragraph broken only with a list of do'so and dont's in block capitals I don't bother continuing.

I'm here for shits n giggles not a job interview. "

someone give this man a crown. im with him!!

"I rarely send any messages. If I click on a profile and the text is one long mahooosive paragraph broken only with a list of do'so and dont's in block capitals I don't bother continuing.

I'm here for shits n giggles not a job interview. "

Shits?

"My profile is probably a bit long but am I bothered? If people can't be arsed to read it and find out a bit about me and what I'm looking for then they're not my kind of bloke anyway "

queation is.... "would u" spend 10-15 minutes reading each profile u click on?? Answer honestly

No one is forcing you to read it,likewise no one is under any obligation to reply to you.

Have to admit I sympathise with you a little on this, that being said, it is important to read the profiles of those who catch your eye and on the flip side too short a profile can be equally annoying... I've seen some good long profiles and some bad, the same with shorter profiles, if you like what's written and think there may be a connection then act upon it, if not then don't. I think it's fair to say though that you'll not get much sympathy from most people in here, neither will I, water off a ducks back as they say....

Just chill mate

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

A "long" profile is never more than a couple of paragraphs long. if you can't be arsed to read an ammount of text that is less than most pamphlets then meeting people from the internet probably isn't for you.

"Love the forums but sheesh, it's like groundhog day sometimes. "

Didn't you say that yesterday?....

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

nobody mentioned anything about forcing to read! i just said i find it annoying??"

Some Dickens novels are long winded: it's not annoying as I just don't read them.

Have to admit I sympathise with you a little on this, that being said, it is important to read the profiles of those who catch your eye and on the flip side too short a profile can be equally annoying... I've seen some good long profiles and some bad, the same with shorter profiles, if you like what's written and think there may be a connection then act upon it, if not then don't. I think it's fair to say though that you'll not get much sympathy from most people in here, neither will I, water off a ducks back as they say....

Just chill mate "

If you see a long one then avoid it!!

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Don't want to read our profile? Then we don't want to meet you!!! If you can't even be bothered to read a page of words which takes no effort on your part then it makes us wonder what effort you'd put into a meet.

"My profile is probably a bit long but am I bothered? If people can't be arsed to read it and find out a bit about me and what I'm looking for then they're not my kind of bloke anyway

queation is.... "would u" spend 10-15 minutes reading each profile u click on?? Answer honestly "

Id get some reading comprehension lessons done lad cos it shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes even if it is long.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"My profile is probably a bit long but am I bothered? If people can't be arsed to read it and find out a bit about me and what I'm looking for then they're not my kind of bloke anyway

queation is.... "would u" spend 10-15 minutes reading each profile u click on?? Answer honestly "

10-15 mins???? You're exaggerating surely?? If I thought someone was attractive and was fairly local blahdeblah, then yes I would read the whole profile.

Just wondering OP with your profile as it is atm do you get many messages/responses? No public pics and a one liner that's not too appealing.......

Please put 'giblet welder' in the subject bar to show you've read my post

I'm here for shits n giggles not a job interview.

Shits? "

And giggles, yes. It's an expression. Not meant literally. I don't laugh at people whilst being shat on. Christ almighty. Really?

TLDR.

You see, if somebody has put a lot in their profile, that helps me. I see if I'm for them and they are for me. Thank god it's not a profile that has one line saying something like. "Just ask". where to start?

So be pleased somebody has helped you out with a little bit about them. (You know this thread is weighted against you)

By *ashedMan  over a year ago

hemel

Is my profile about right OP?

I love reading them

Mine is long... but takes about 3 mins to read.

If someone cant spare that... i cant spare them the time to meet

"Don't want to read our profile? Then we don't want to meet you!!! If you can't even be bothered to read a page of words which takes no effort on your part then it makes us wonder what effort you'd put into a meet."

if someone doesnt like reading and doesnt want to put the effort into it. then does that mean that someone is no good at something else and wouldnt put effort into that. where is youre logic??

"Is my profile about right OP? "

Perfect!!

The pics are damn good

Too.... wordy

"Is my profile about right OP?

Perfect!! "

Thank you. Much thought goes a long way

"

You could have read some of fabs longest profiles in the time you've spent moaning about them!!

"Is my profile about right OP? The pics are damn good "

Thank you

"Don't want to read our profile? Then we don't want to meet you!!! If you can't even be bothered to read a page of words which takes no effort on your part then it makes us wonder what effort you'd put into a meet.

if someone doesnt like reading and doesnt want to put the effort into it. then does that mean that someone is no good at something else and wouldnt put effort into that. where is youre logic?? "

It's not always about logic, it's often about intuition and the sum of people's experiences.

"

Perfect!!

Thank you. Much thought goes a long way "

I bet you re seeking election to the local council

"Love the forums but sheesh, it's like groundhog day sometimes.

"

a guy that cant spare more than 2 minutes is no use whatsoever to me

Perfect!!

Thank you. Much thought goes a long way "

Clearly. im striggling to understand how you found the time to write so much. can i ask.... do u struggle with recieving messages as ive about the same amount of words but apparently according to half of fab... my.profile is lousy and people wont message me!! haha

"Don't want to read our profile? Then we don't want to meet you!!! If you can't even be bothered to read a page of words which takes no effort on your part then it makes us wonder what effort you'd put into a meet.

if someone doesnt like reading and doesnt want to put the effort into it. then does that mean that someone is no good at something else and wouldnt put effort into that. where is youre logic??

It's not always about logic, it's often about intuition and the sum of people's experiences. "

so you have had a bad experience, so u lose ur logic. and in the mean time u decide to write an essay. awesome story!

Perfect!!

Clearly. im striggling to understand how you found the time to write so much. can i ask.... do u struggle with recieving messages as ive about the same amount of words but apparently according to half of fab... my.profile is lousy and people wont message me!! haha "

She's a woman on Fab. You're a man. Your experiences on here will be completely different.She could have no profile and no pics and men will still message her.

People can put whatever they want on their profiles, if it works for them then great, if you don't want to read it then fine, no one is holding a gun to your head. Personally, I want to read a detailed profile explaining what people are looking for, what they can offer and hopefully within this, their sense of humour and personality will shine through. As someone else has said, I want to know if we're on the same wavelength and singing from the same song sheet before I message, I don't want to message endlessly to find this out.

Perfect!!

Clearly. im striggling to understand how you found the time to write so much. can i ask.... do u struggle with recieving messages as ive about the same amount of words but apparently according to half of fab... my.profile is lousy and people wont message me!! haha

She's a woman on Fab. You're a man. Your experiences on here will be completely different.She could have no profile and no pics and men will still message her."

genius

"People can put whatever they want on their profiles, if it works for them then great, if you don't want to read it then fine, no one is holding a gun to your head. Personally, I want to read a detailed profile explaining what people are looking for, what they can offer and hopefully within this, their sense of humour and personality will shine through. As someone else has said, I want to know if we're on the same wavelength and singing from the same song sheet before I message, I don't want to message endlessly to find this out. "

so basically ur saying its a matter of opinion?

It's not always about logic, it's often about intuition and the sum of people's experiences.

so you have had a bad experience, so u lose ur logic. and in the mean time u decide to write an essay. awesome story! "

Hey, I'm not ripping the piss, just trying to give a point of view. I could have explained it better but wanted to keep it simple for you.

so you have had a bad experience, so u lose ur logic. and in the mean time u decide to write an essay. awesome story!

Hey, I'm not ripping the piss, just trying to give a point of view. I could have explained it better but wanted to keep it simple for you. "

good job. you really couldnt have made that more simple!

There's no point reading anyone's profile, it's all self absorbed nonsense.

The best approach is to send a pic of your cock and a fancy a fuck message safe in the knowledge that you tried your best.

"People can put whatever they want on their profiles, if it works for them then great, if you don't want to read it then fine, no one is holding a gun to your head. Personally, I want to read a detailed profile explaining what people are looking for, what they can offer and hopefully within this, their sense of humour and personality will shine through. As someone else has said, I want to know if we're on the same wavelength and singing from the same song sheet before I message, I don't want to message endlessly to find this out.

so basically ur saying its a matter of opinion? "

I'm saying do what you want. It will suit some and not others.

Perfect!!

She's a woman on Fab. You're a man. Your experiences on here will be completely different.She could have no profile and no pics and men will still message her.

genius "

Thanks

"People can put whatever they want on their profiles, if it works for them then great, if you don't want to read it then fine, no one is holding a gun to your head. Personally, I want to read a detailed profile explaining what people are looking for, what they can offer and hopefully within this, their sense of humour and personality will shine through. As someone else has said, I want to know if we're on the same wavelength and singing from the same song sheet before I message, I don't want to message endlessly to find this out.

I'm saying do what you want. It will suit some and not others."

exactly

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

It might be because they are considerate and want to avoid wasting other members time .

In any event no one is compelled to read a profile .

A short profile indicates a lazy attitude and lack of imagination .

I always assume that profiles of less than fifteen lines are fake .

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

A poorly written or non existent profile for a man allows people to assume that the guy is desperate and just wants to fuck anyone who offers because he can't be bothered to make any effort.

This may be true, it may not, not everyone has the time or interest to stop and fund out by starting a conversation.

If you can't get your head around that then don't worry, just use long profiles as a way of filtering out people you wouldn't want to meet

Pineapples

Perfect!!

Clearly. im striggling to understand how you found the time to write so much. can i ask.... do u struggle with recieving messages as ive about the same amount of words but apparently according to half of fab... my.profile is lousy and people wont message me!! haha "

No. Because I have a vagina

I'm saying do what you want. It will suit some and not others.

exactly "

So you've agreed that people should do as they please and that whatever you do will suit some but not others yet you moan about long profiles and the bare faced cheek that the writer has to demand you read it. Why not just ignore them?

You sound like an angry man. Who give a shite about others profiles. Message ones that interest you and chill.

"Pineapples"

A long detailed profile is fantastic and we dont need to read every one we see a pic that catches our attention we then look at location and likes and who theyre looking to meet if we get a tick to all of them we read

A detailed profile tells us what someone likes and doesnt like, what they are looking for or not interested in it gives us a rough idea of compatability so that when we message we generally avoid spending time going back and forth only to find were after completely different things

In a world where the women outnumber the men 10-1 you are the majority and as such if you want to get the most out of this site you gotta play by their rules

Best advise i can give is suck it up buttercup

Purposefully made it as long as possible cos im bored and thought it may add a little irony and comedic value

Read it or don't read it. But guys who don't and simply message 'nice tits, fancy a fuck?' get nowhere with me...

I have been told my profile is too long but as far as I am concerned it gives a fair amount of info about what I am interested in etc.

If someone can't be arsed to spend a few mins checking we might have things in common etc then they aren't for me.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

A long profile is the Best filter on fab

Never had a shit meet that didn't turn into a regular arrangement and ive only met the guys that have read it and respect it and I've never experienced a time waster

You can say why not ask find out through conversation? Fair question, but do you know how mind numbingly shit it is to have the same conversation several times a day because people can't be arsed to write the answers to at least the obvious questions about themselves

nobody mentioned anything about forcing to read! i just said i find it annoying??"

How annoying is it then to hear from people who are the opposite of who you would like to meet? The important part is usually at the beginning or somewhere really visible. Also, how annoying do you think it is to talk to someone whose reading skills are so poor that a bit of text is too much work for them?

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I can't be bothered to read the OP.

Hey, I'm not ripping the piss, just trying to give a point of view. I could have explained it better but wanted to keep it simple for you.

good job. you really couldnt have made that more simple! "

Well I guess that will be a lesson to me for trying to be pleasant.

" Fab can be as deep as the ocean or as shallow as a rock pool and while we're cavorting in the surf with the other profile owning and reading people the op is building sandcastles (or shithouses) on the beach. "

Love it. Might have to borrow that sometime.

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

I have a long profile OP I don't demand anyone read it .

that's up to them to decide if they want to read but I will say this if your thinking about meeting a relative stranger off of the internet common sense would say try to learn as much as possible about them before meets for safety reason ,plus best to make sure you have something in common sexually to if you don't want to be disappointed then there's the old chestnut of trying to work out if your their type and if their yours .

so ones profile is the first step in trying to establish those facts so really one would be rather silly to not read the profile don't you think.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Similarly, ones who cant be bothered reading are a good filter. Its a blessing really.

Why not concentrate on those you are interested in and stop moaning about others preferences

By *am-RaiderMan  over a year ago

Corby

Started to read the op's post but then realised it was too long..couldn't be arsed.

I'm quite big. Anyone fancy a fuck?

You have to try and fit in everything you want and what you are looking in to your profile, we try to put as much info in as possible to stop people messaging us who aren't suitable to us,

If that is too much for people to read then they are not for us and there message will be deleted

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

This whole thread:

Tl;dr

I can't be arsed to read long profiles, so don't, and couldn't be bothered to write a long one either, so didn't.

I don't need to, I have boobs.

I assume it would have to have lots of pics.

By *amesB66Man  over a year ago

St Peter Port

Ahhh boobs....what was the thread about again?

Only thing I would question about full blown essays is those who suffer from short term memory loss, by the end you've forgotten the beginning.........

Wait a second, what was I saying ?

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I got a first message from a bloke the other day ranting how he wouldn't write a longer message because you women just delete them anyway and wonder why guys bother. Wow. And he wonders why women just delete bullshit like that!! Great filter

If you're not interested in reading their profile, perhaps you're exactly the type of person they're ing out.

"If you're not interested in reading their profile, perhaps you're exactly the type of person they're ing out. "

I don't think the OP is paying attention anymore.

"

"If you're not interested in reading their profile, perhaps you're exactly the type of person they're ing out. "

Am I the only person who doesn't like profiles that tell you absolutely Jack about the writer?

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Perhaps he can't read?

I've found effort in profile/reading profile/message = effort in meet

"I've found effort in profile/reading profile/message = effort in meet "

I haven't - my profile takes no effort whatsoever but I still get their A game

"I've found effort in profile/reading profile/message = effort in meet

I haven't - my profile takes no effort whatsoever but I still get their A game "

I meant the guy

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

" Fab can be as deep as the ocean or as shallow as a rock pool and while we're cavorting in the surf with the other profile owning and reading people the op is building sandcastles (or shithouses) on the beach.

Love it. Might have to borrow that sometime. "

Feel free...It's an LB original unlike the one Mrs Knitter borrowed in a previous thread

Half the reason why a lot of us feel we have to write lengthy profiles is because of the inappropriate messages we receive. It's extremely time consuming to explain your requirements to every person you meet, not to mention unnecessary. If someone is genuinely interested in having sex with me they can, at the very least, do me the decency of reading my profile to see what I'm after.

And you can bet your success rate would increase and you'd have more fulfilling sex if you took the time to read profiles.

their like call centres, contact everyone in the hope that one falls for the bullshit

I meant the guy "

So did I, I don't require a man to write a lengthy first message or expect them to sift through 80 lines on my profile to find the special secret code word.

I meant the guy

So did I, I don't require a man to write a lengthy first message or expect them to sift through 80 lines on my profile to find the special secret code word. "

You are exceptional sweet to be fair

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't get fucked off no, but they sure bore me to tears. A few lines telling a little about what they are after is good enough for me

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

Only sometimes?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the people who dissected the OP's profile, you all broke forum rules.

If anyone quoted the posts removed, yours will have been deleted too if you are looking for them

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

As a guy who doesen't mind reading long profiles, I wish there were more guys like you!

I meant the guy

So did I, I don't require a man to write a lengthy first message or expect them to sift through 80 lines on my profile to find the special secret code word. "

Oh no! !you HAVE to! It's the best way! The forum has spoken.... people love to make the guys jump through the "secret word" hoop! I like to send messages thusly "I read your profile, I took note of your secret password. I wrote it down, then wiped my ass on it. I'm not James fucking bond.".

P.S.

None of that happened.

Well your status says you're bored so you could sit and read some profiles X

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Ahhh boobs....what was the thread about again?"

By *sAllowedCouple  over a year ago

Southend Essex

If you are willing to place your penis inside the person who has asked you to read their profile then I'd of thought that is the least you could do for them, may get you further than a blocking ??

I've read a lot of single guys profiles and a lot of singles don't put the effort into their profiles some don't write anything at all?yet expect to get sex instantly!

Most single guys ain't actually Swingers and won't make the effort by going to organised social events!!!!! !

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

Took me ages to read all these...lol...I've a long profile but no one seems to read it..x

I used to worry that my profile was too long but so few people actually look at it, I don't think I'm inconveniencing too many people

It is honest and says what it needs to say, for presenting a summary of what to expect from me.

(Was worth me taking the time to read this thread, because of the couple halfway up, who just made my hotlist - yum!).

Maybe after reading all these comments OP will realise why he waited 10months for his first veri and only had 1 in a year

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

Or send them a message."

You're not reading The Fellowship of the Ring (unless that is what's they're into???)

What would you rather it said? "I am a lady and I want my flaps splattered across your face. PM me!"????

To be honest, I'd rather be respectful and know the other person's eligible well versed terms opposed to a toddlers storybook of a profile (like most men looking for a 'cum and run' scenario)

Better luck with the next one mate!

"I used to worry that my profile was too long but so few people actually look at it, I don't think I'm inconveniencing too many people

It is honest and says what it needs to say, for presenting a summary of what to expect from me.

"

Great example of a profile to know exactly what a guy wants and offers

people read profiles?

I haven't - my profile takes no effort whatsoever but I still get their A game "

Yeah it's a diabolically shit profile......however your looks, figure, personality, and manners seem to make up for that somewhat so I'd still fuck you grrr

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

It's my profile. I'll write what I want. As can other people. Whether or not I choose to read them is my business and vice versa. Judging by the messages I get I reckon most people don't read them or pay any heed to warnings so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. As to being annoyed by it, I fail to see how someone choosing to write a long profile can lead to a stranger being fucked off. It seems a total overreaction. And an ironic one when their post moaning about being fucked off by someone having a long profile is longer than their actual profile.

"I like the ones that don't bother reading my profile... Makes for the best filter at times "

Erm...you have something written in your profile?

Just don't read it then, what is the problem?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I get pissed off with people bemoaning the length of profiles. Don't like it, move on.

Also, even the lengthiest profiles are not much more than the length of an average tabloid news article. Is that really too much for you to read? If you haven't the patience for that perhaps you aren't worth meeting.

Why do you all care so much?

What I mean is, if you're happy with your ranty, lengthy, CAPS LOCK, mind numbingly egotistical profiles, why would you feel the need to defend yourselves via picking at the OP's profile?

I must admit I agree with the OP. I look at some profiles with every intention of reading and after the first few sentences think nah, can't be arsed, too long.

I don't care either way...just came back in here to look at Rubywoo's boobs

I have the attention span of a gnat when reading profile text. If it's paragraphs of forced comedy or I don't want this,I don't want that I give up. I'm happy with a paragraph,maybe two telling me a little about the person. If it's really long I skim read and try to find the bits that interest me.

By *ove121LustCouple  over a year ago

LaLa Land

"

Do t read it - and then don't message. Use your manners (but I bet you moan you do t get meets)

I Ain't meeting So Doesn't Make Any difference to Me .

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"You want to shag 'em but can't be arsed to put in a couple of minutes reading?

The mind boggles"

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I read really quickly so it would have to be ridiculously long for me to feel like I've spent a lot of time trading it. Like I said previously; I don't care either way. I've met people with one line on their profile and don't demand people read mine. I just don't get why someone writing a long profile would fuck someone else off, it just seems such a silly thing to be annoyed by.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I just don't get why someone writing a long profile would fuck someone else off, it just seems such a silly thing to be annoyed by. "

On here, almost anything can annoy someone.

" I just don't get why someone writing a long profile would fuck someone else off, it just seems such a silly thing to be annoyed by. "

It doesn't if he kept it to himself. Clearly others feel the same hence the posts from people here.

The mistake he made was posting it in the lounge because he doesn't yet understand how fab works.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A major reason some people don't get meets is because they don't choose the right people to contact or know how to communicate with those that they do.

The easiest way to improve upon that is selectivity and profile review and reading is part of that.

Want delete and blocked? Don't read or care about what others have to say. Fine - waste your efforts if you must. Plenty of other guys will take your place and be more attentive. If you don't have much interest in the user as a person, how much effort will you give them as a partner?

No effort equals no shag.

Central

"I just don't get why someone writing a long profile would fuck someone else off, it just seems such a silly thing to be annoyed by.

On here, almost anything can annoy someone."

Almost right - it is absolutely anything and everything that will

Central

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 17:49:22]

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

we put alot of info n profile to try and make it easier for people to see if we're right for them. But don't read it if lots of text puts you off

I can't speak for the op, but I think what people are saying is its not the length of the text, it's how it's written. We're all capable of reading fine however......

BIG!!!!BLOCK CAPITALS!!!!!! IN ONE LONG PARAGRAPH WITH LISTS OF EGOTISTICAL HITLERESQUE DO'S AND DONT'S......Isn't sexy

Just my opinion of course

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Exactly!!

Saw a profile on here.......really long profile......think they were called Tolstoy or something?

Apparently more people read profiles than I'd thought

we read profiles

"

"Saw a profile on here.......really long profile......think they were called Tolstoy or something?"

That's gotta be beyond the Fab 99ys age limit

"I have the attention span of a gnat when reading profile text. If it's paragraphs of forced comedy or I don't want this,I don't want that I give up. I'm happy with a paragraph,maybe two telling me a little about the person. If it's really long I skim read and try to find the bits that interest me. "

Same here. I can't get past 3 paragraphs.

"I can't speak for the op, but I think what people are saying is its not the length of the text, it's how it's written. We're all capable of reading fine however......

BIG!!!!BLOCK CAPITALS!!!!!! IN ONE LONG PARAGRAPH WITH LISTS OF EGOTISTICAL HITLERESQUE DO'S AND DONT'S......Isn't sexy

Just my opinion of course "

I suspect if you can't be arsed to read their profile you aren't what they are looking for "

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yep it's just you

Yep it's just you "

And me.

I get bored really easil

Yep it's just you

And me.

I get bored really easil"

Me too...luckily not many men have long profiles

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

Pass them by and stick to the many one liners.

While I agree an overly long unfocused one can be worthless a well written one can hold a lot of information on which to base a decision

What was the question?

Hereford

Tolstoy is lost on you, OP.

I cba to scroll through thread, it's too long!

Long profiles bore the tits off me, thank gawd the men I'm interested in don't have them.

Hereford

"I cba to scroll through thread, it's too long!

Long profiles bore the tits off me, thank gawd the men I'm interested in don't have them."

Hmmmmm

We all have individual profiles and in having them it's up to each and every one of us what we include in that profile. If people come by and read our profiles and feel it's too long winded that they don't want to read it all cest la vie!! There will be others who are willing to read and who will be interested

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

tough.... you are not for them... they are not for you.... move on

"I cba to scroll through thread, it's too long!

Long profiles bore the tits off me, thank gawd the men I'm interested in don't have them.

Hmmmmm "

Hmmmmm.....indeed

Oh dear

If you can't be arsed to read a profile then what else can't you be arsed to do?

Two pumps and leave spring to mind!

Tempting

"Oh dear

If you can't be arsed to read a profile then what else can't you be arsed to do?

Tempting

"

To be fair you couldn't be arsed to write one

Mind you neither could we

Central

If you're attracted to personality as well as looks, then read the flipping profile.

"Oh dear

Tempting

Mind you neither could we "

It wasn't that I couldn't be arsed it's just that I know no one else can be!

I'm not into writing a long list of things I don't want - and if people can be arsed to write me a message that says more than "hi how are you" then we can get to know each other then

"Oh dear

Tempting

Mind you neither could we

It wasn't that I couldn't be arsed it's just that I know no one else can be!

I'm not into writing a long list of things I don't want - and if people can be arsed to write me a message that says more than "hi how are you" then we can get to know each other then "

That's my kind of dialogue

By *eedsbig9inMan  over a year ago

leeds

Anyone who writes them fuking pointless and egotistical long arse profiles need to get a life lol

Nobody reads this shit no matter what anyone says lol

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

I like you - the profile length is fine.

I'm not interested - hey length or lack thereof aint going to change my mind.

As somebody in advertising once said - simples.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"Anyone who writes them fuking pointless and egotistical long arse profiles need to get a life lol

Nobody reads this shit no matter what anyone says lol"

My guess is that those with long profiles have a life and it is a more interesting life that that of those with short profiles .

I cannot see short profiles generating much interest .

"Anyone who writes them fuking pointless and egotistical long arse profiles need to get a life lol

Nobody reads this shit no matter what anyone says lol My guess is that those with long profiles have a life and it is a more interesting life that that of those with short profiles .

I cannot see short profiles generating much interest ."

You would be very surprised then

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

We all do what we feel is best

yes i think you are ..maybe u should take a chill pill.

perhaps consider rewriting yours.. its pretty lame, tho i if it works...

and i guess it probably sums u up quite nicely.