FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > For iPhone users...important update

For iPhone users...important update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apple has released an urgent update to its desktop operating systems and the Safari web browser to block a hack that could have turned the machines into spying tools. 

The security flaw affects the El Capitan and Yosemite Mac operating systems, and is the same that could have let hackers take complete control of iPhone devices, which Apple fixed with the iOS 9.3.5 update last week. 

The Silicon Valley giant quietly released the update to the Mac software and Safari a week after its iPhone patch without addressing the delay.

Apple has urged customers with devices that are not running iOS 9.3.5, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan and 10.10.5 Yosemite to update their software immediately to protect potential malicious actors from spying on them. 

Described as the "most sophisticated spyware" ever seen, the hack exploits three software vulnerabilities, present across the devices because Apple reuses a lot of the same code, that could let a hacker take control over the compromised device with the tap of a finger.

And if you are yet to update the software on your iPhone or iPad you can do so by going to Settings - General - Software Update and upgrade to iOS 9.3.5. 

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've put a condom on my iPhone, will that help?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Depends what app you're planning on opening

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I already upgraded to iOS 10

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Windows 10 mobile rocks

» Add a new message to this topic