FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cyclists

Cyclists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody else think far too many ride dangerous on pavements and in pedestrian zones ? Plus flout road laws

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Anybody else think far too many ride dangerous on pavements and in pedestrian zones ? Plus flout road laws "

It is leagal for a cyclist to ride on the pavement, but they are allowed to ride in pedestrain zones.

Wakefield

"Anybody else think far too many ride dangerous on pavements and in pedestrian zones ? Plus flout road laws

It is leagal for a cyclist to ride on the pavement, but they are allowed to ride in pedestrain zones."

Meant of course illegal

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yes there are a few who take the proverbial as regards cycling laws. Not much can be done though unless the boys in blue are armed with bullet bikes

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't know what you are suggesting Ace.

How could anyone dislike cuntmobiles ?

I wind down my window and shoot them on site. Even the little ones. Best to cull before they get unmanageable.

King's Crustacean

"Anybody else think far too many ride dangerous on pavements and in pedestrian zones ? Plus flout road laws

It is leagal for a cyclist to ride on the pavement, but they are allowed to ride in pedestrain zones.

Meant of course illegal"

I've already gone .what ? What ? is it ? eh ? What ... ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cyclists who ride through red lights should be shot on sight

As a keen cyclist myself, it does get my back up when i see other cyclists take the piss when it comes to the highway code, no wonder we're not liked by the masses.

The police crack down on motorists seems unfair compared to cyclists that can kill a pedestrian on a footpath if they crashed into them...I think there should be more notice taken of the menace of the footpath

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

Cyclists = Road Rats

The basis for my opinion,

I drive in London every day

Oh and don't even start me on dog walkers when they encounter a nobhead on a mountain bike swerving dangerous

at least while they're misbehaving they aren't clogging up the air with hazardous air pollutants.

King's Crustacean

"As a keen cyclist myself, it does get my back up when i see other cyclists take the piss when it comes to the highway code, no wonder we're not liked by the masses. "

But your excluded Mally. Your a good boy on your bike.

All the Lycra wearing, leg shaving, pathetic excuses for human beings should be lined up against a wall and driven into by heavy vehicles....

Just a thought

Sod it..I hate joggers too..a footpath is just that..not a Olympic sized exercise track for pushing pedestrians outta the way

King's Crustacean

"All the Lycra wearing, leg shaving, pathetic excuses for human beings should be lined up against a wall and driven into by heavy vehicles....

Just a thought "

Do you mean fat women at the gym ?

While it's frustrating that a few cyclist do flout road laws. Many more drivers commit far more serious flouts of the same rules and with more severe consequences.

No point in singling out one particular roads user. There are shit cyclist, car/van/truck/bus drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.

King's Crustacean

"Sod it..I hate joggers too..a footpath is just that..not a Olympic sized exercise track for pushing pedestrians outta the way "

C'mon let's get to mums and buggies.... those bloody mothers with their pavement hogging beds on wheels !

King's Crustacean

"While it's frustrating that a few cyclist do flout road laws. Many more drivers commit far more serious flouts of the same rules and with more severe consequences.

No point in singling out one particular roads user. There are shit cyclist, car/van/truck/bus drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians."

No. Im not having level headed fairness. I drive a car and I am blameless like all the other car drivers.

"at least while they're misbehaving they aren't clogging up the air with hazardous air pollutants. "

When I have a cyclist come up to meon a juicy bit of footpath and look old enough not to toddle off crying to mum..i just fucking shout obscene stuff about its my right if way not the cyclists

Cyclists on canal tow PATHS

It is a PATH not a TRACK !!!

absolute Twonks !!!

"Sod it..I hate joggers too..a footpath is just that..not a Olympic sized exercise track for pushing pedestrians outta the way

C'mon let's get to mums and buggies.... those bloody mothers with their pavement hogging beds on wheels !"

Granny..i got another problem with the tossers that push said buggies out just far enough to get mowed into at crossings...

Everyone who does things we don't like, or gets in our way or irritates us slightly should be throttled with piano wire.

Just saying

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Seriously... there are worse things going on in the world. People who have zero respect for others regardless of their mode of transport get on my nerves too. It doesn't just happen on the roads... take a look around... start at the top of the page!

By *antasticMrsFoxMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"Anybody else think far too many ride dangerous on pavements and in pedestrian zones ? Plus flout road laws "

I never see motorists running red lights, driving dangerously, Flouting Road laws either!

As with all walks of life there are minorities that ruin it for the vast majority

I think like a WWE manoeuvre you just clothesline any cyclists on a pavement

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"While it's frustrating that a few cyclist do flout road laws. Many more drivers commit far more serious flouts of the same rules and with more severe consequences.

No point in singling out one particular roads user. There are shit cyclist, car/van/truck/bus drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians."

As more and more cameras are used to detect road traffic offences it's going to get worse for all road users before it gets better.

By *itboyslim2Man  over a year ago

stevenage

Here here....watch Jeremy vines video...

Car drivers think they own the road... Hence some cyclists ride the pavement... Which is more often than not a shared space

Exeter

"Everyone who does things we don't like, or gets in our way or irritates us slightly should be throttled with piano wire.

Just saying "

Lol you win the Internet for today

King's Crustacean

"Everyone who does things we don't like, or gets in our way or irritates us slightly should be throttled with piano wire.

Just saying "

I used mine to kill all the people in supermarkets who walk slowly and can't decide what brand of beans to buy .....

I never see motorists running red lights, driving dangerously, Flouting Road laws either!

As with all walks of life there are minorities that ruin it for the vast majority "

There is laws in place for that intolerant behaviour...we are on about the menace to society.....the pavement racer with no morals

"All the Lycra wearing, leg shaving, pathetic excuses for human beings should be lined up against a wall and driven into by heavy vehicles....

Just a thought "

King's Crustacean

No point in singling out one particular roads user. There are shit cyclist, car/van/truck/bus drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.

Car drivers think they own the road... Hence some cyclists ride the pavement... Which is more often than not a shared space"

I do own the road. My tax paid for it. Cyclists are on a freebie...Burst their tyres I say.

I dislike most cyclists, but I dislike most drivers and a lot of pedestrians too.

This morning, I mostly dislike people with no awareness whatsoever of what's going on around them, like the fact someone might be trying to get past.

Oh you want to meander slowly along the pavement 3 abreast chatting and pushing buggies on your way to sit drinking coffee all morning and bragging about your ugly babies? Fuck off out the way then, some of us have to go to work.

Wakefield

"

Granny..i got another problem with the tossers that push said buggies out just far enough to get mowed into at crossings..."

Trouble with Zebra crossings is pedestrains only have right of way once they have stepped on the crossing.

With busy roads there should be a section of the pavement for the pedestrain to stand in order to give them right of way over vehicles

Just a thought

Do you mean fat women at the gym ?"

Oh no, fat women at the gym are a completely different kettle of fish....the wannabe Bradley fucking Wiggins knob heads that try to race along public roads thinking that they are in the tour de fucking France. Especially when there's two or three of them side by side taking up the road and holding up people who have more important things to do that force 5cm of leather saddle into their own arsehole whilst panting their way to no where and back again. Morons the lot of them!

King's Crustacean

"Seriously... there are worse things going on in the world. People who have zero respect for others regardless of their mode of transport get on my nerves too. It doesn't just happen on the roads... take a look around... start at the top of the page! "

People who walk.... GOD !! People who walk. Breathing in n out. Smiling. There should be land mines.

Expecting me to stop at the black and white things.

Exeter

Car drivers think they own the road... Hence some cyclists ride the pavement... Which is more often than not a shared space

I do own the road. My tax paid for it. Cyclists are on a freebie...Burst their tyres I say."

No such thing as Road tax.....

I do own the road. My tax paid for it. Cyclists are on a freebie...Burst their tyres I say."

Your tax is an emissions tax, nothing to do with being able to drive on the road, many motorists seem to get this wrong

Thats why theres now cars on the road that don't pay any road tax cause they're hybrids.

Exeter

As with all walks of life there are minorities that ruin it for the vast majority

There is laws in place for that intolerant behaviour...we are on about the menace to society.....the pavement racer with no morals "

There are laws in place for riding on the pavement too op!

How are cyclists on a freebie, do they not pay tax?

It's not vehicle excise duty (road tax) that pays for the roads........

Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

I imagine it to be cod liver oil.

Wakefield

"

No you are many years out of date the tax you pay for your car is simply another tax. Road tax was abolished in 1937 when it was replaced by car tax.

Every taxpayer in the UK contributes to funding the roads and has done since 1937

Pavement cyclists and People who walk three abreast deserve the same level of scorn as those who get off an escalator and come to a dead stop. While their bovine like brains decide which direction to walk they seem indifferent to the carnage behind them.

King's Crustacean

"I dislike most cyclists, but I dislike most drivers and a lot of pedestrians too.

This morning, I mostly dislike people with no awareness whatsoever of what's going on around them, like the fact someone might be trying to get past.

Oh you want to meander slowly along the pavement 3 abreast chatting and pushing buggies on your way to sit drinking coffee all morning and bragging about your ugly babies? Fuck off out the way then, some of us have to go to work. "

You see! That's the kind of ascerbic bitterness on which the world turns Ruby. Just do what I do.. Punch one of them in the back of the head and say 'thenk you' as they fall to the floor and you manage to saunter through them to the finish line. Girl after my own heart.

I do own the road. My tax paid for it. Cyclists are on a freebie...Burst their tyres I say.

How are cyclists on a freebie, do they not pay tax?

It's not vehicle excise duty (road tax) that pays for the roads........"

So what does vehicle excise duty pay for then?

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Cyclists = Road Rats

I drive in London every day "

I used to be a M/C messenger in London and still drive there & think up town they are just like the pigeons, vermin..only the twattish ones though..

But then I'm probably biased due to injuries sustained while flattening one..

S

Just a thought

Do you mean fat women at the gym ?

Oh no, fat women at the gym are a completely different kettle of fish....the wannabe Bradley fucking Wiggins knob heads that try to race along public roads thinking that they are in the tour de fucking France. Especially when there's two or three of them side by side taking up the road and holding up people who have more important things to do that force 5cm of leather saddle into their own arsehole whilst panting their way to no where and back again. Morons the lot of them!"

You'll find they ride 2 abreast to ensure moronic car drivers with attitude similar to yours overtake them in a correct and safer manner than if they rode single file where no doubt you'd make sure the wing mirror of your car brushes the elbows of said cyclist.

"

Oh no, fat women at the gym are a completely different kettle of fish....the wannabe Bradley fucking Wiggins knob heads that try to race along public roads thinking that they are in the tour de fucking France. Especially when there's two or three of them side by side taking up the road and holding up people who have more important things to do that force 5cm of leather saddle into their own arsehole whilst panting their way to no where and back again. Morons the lot of them!"

you don't own and Audi or BMW by any chance do you?

King's Crustacean

"

No you are many years out of date the tax you pay for your car is simply another tax. Road tax was abolished in 1937 when it was replaced by car tax.

Every taxpayer in the UK contributes to funding the roads and has done since 1937"

I don't need to trade facts to be right. Off with their saddles!

"

So what does vehicle excise duty pay for then?"

Its an emissions Tax

As a cyclist I think the OP set a negative tone regarding cyclists, this thread was bound to end up as a moan about cyclists since very few people would disagree with the propositions put forward in the original post.

Yes cyclists break laws, and it gets my goat as well. lol

"Cyclists who ride through red lights should be shot on sight "

I recently installed a dash cam. Cyclists weren't the only consideration, but we're on my list of reasons, including pedestrians of course. Having become involved in a very unpleasant confrontation with a man and his child, on a pedestrian crossing.

King's Crustacean

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

"

No. Cod liver oil is bearable.

Hatred is definitely rice pudding.

I'm a cyclist myself, adhere to the Highway Code but more importantly give way to all vehicles as I know me bumping into them isn't going to hurt as much as them bumping into me. So many who also hire the Boris bikes in London but have no road awareness at all...only yesterday I saw one fly over his handle bars after trying to run a red light

King's Crustacean

"

Its an emissions Tax"

Are you saying car drivers are all hot air ?

"I dislike most cyclists, but I dislike most drivers and a lot of pedestrians too.

Oh you want to meander slowly along the pavement 3 abreast chatting and pushing buggies on your way to sit drinking coffee all morning and bragging about your ugly babies? Fuck off out the way then, some of us have to go to work. "

Think i'd love to be insulted walking on my way to work by Woo..set me up nicely for the day that would

"

Oh no, fat women at the gym are a completely different kettle of fish....the wannabe Bradley fucking Wiggins knob heads that try to race along public roads thinking that they are in the tour de fucking France. Especially when there's two or three of them side by side taking up the road and holding up people who have more important things to do that force 5cm of leather saddle into their own arsehole whilst panting their way to no where and back again. Morons the lot of them!

you don't own and Audi or BMW by any chance do you? "

Nope Volvo XC90 and a Range Rover Vogue so yeah I do take up a fair amount of road...

There is laws in place for that intolerant behaviour...we are on about the menace to society.....the pavement racer with no morals

There are laws in place for riding on the pavement too op!"

Bet you've never seen a copper pull a muppet on a bicycle for dangerous pedaling

If cars etc have to have MOT certs and insurance then why shouldn't cyclists have to have a form of safe certificate to say that their 'mode of transport ' is safe? Also insurance for when they scrape the side of your car weaving in and out to get no where quicker?

Edinburgh

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

Hatred is definitely rice pudding."

But but but... I rice pudding!!

"

Its an emissions Tax

Are you saying car drivers are all hot air ?"

No, what I'm saying is most car drivers think their road tax pays for the upkeep of the highways which is why they get pissed off with cyclists cause they don't pay anything for having a push bike.

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

"

West Wales

But we all surely know who the most ignorant are don't we?

The wankers that just saunter through the door you are politely holding open for them!!!

People with kids,buggies,lots of shopping. No problem..

But if you have free hands take the fucking door you ignorant CUNT!!!

Should have done this post yesterday OP

D

"If cars etc have to have MOT certs and insurance then why shouldn't cyclists have to have a form of safe certificate to say that their 'mode of transport ' is safe? Also insurance for when they scrape the side of your car weaving in and out to get no where quicker?"

we do, but its not compulsory to take out, MOT on a pushbike? well any keen cyclist would tell you they'd never head out on a bike if they knew it wasn't road worthy, cause if a brake cable snapped due to rust, or frame had cracks in it, they are gunna injure themselves more than anyone else if either failed whilst out in heavy traffic.

"But we all surely know who the most ignorant are don't we?

The wankers that just saunter through the door you are politely holding open for them!!!

People with kids,buggies,lots of shopping. No problem..

But if you have free hands take the fucking door you ignorant CUNT!!!

Should have done this post yesterday OP

D"

Or at the very least, acknowledge the holder. Total Wayne Kerrs when they blank you or look at you like you're a mentalist.

"As a cyclist I think the OP set a negative tone regarding cyclists, this thread was bound to end up as a moan about cyclists since very few people would disagree with the propositions put forward in the original post.

Yes cyclists break laws, and it gets my goat as well. lol"

Thats how I roll..I'm gonna do a Charles Bronson and start laying out pavement cyclists like kitchen tiles

"As a cyclist I think the OP set a negative tone regarding cyclists, this thread was bound to end up as a moan about cyclists since very few people would disagree with the propositions put forward in the original post.

Yes cyclists break laws, and it gets my goat as well. lol"

Well said, When I'm back in the UK I see fellow cyclists going through red lights, passing wagons on the left and riding more than 2 abreast every day. That said I see far more drivers on their phones or who pass far too close, but if I catch them up I do enjoy hurling abuse at them through their passenger window

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"Cyclists = Road Rats

I walk in London.... Way more dangerous... Especially when they travel the wrong way on a one way road. Or through pedestrian crossings without slowing down.

King's Crustacean

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

But but but... I rice pudding!! "

You'll still be beaten to death with a haggis if you're caught on a bike......

Do you have strawberry jam in the middle ?

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

Hatred is definitely rice pudding."

I'd have to disagree.

Rice pudding isn't bilious.

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 09:47:28]

Oh but you do have to love the drivers, most of them don't even know what a fucking turn signal is...

Oh there's a turn coming up?

Let me just go through it like an idiot or signal as I'm making the turn...

Sorry for using the pavement, I do value my life however.

"As a keen cyclist myself, it does get my back up when i see other cyclists take the piss when it comes to the highway code, no wonder we're not liked by the masses. "

Totally agree.

"If cars etc have to have MOT certs and insurance then why shouldn't cyclists have to have a form of safe certificate to say that their 'mode of transport ' is safe? Also insurance for when they scrape the side of your car weaving in and out to get no where quicker?

we do, but its not compulsory to take out, MOT on a pushbike? well any keen cyclist would tell you they'd never head out on a bike if they knew it wasn't road worthy, cause if a brake cable snapped due to rust, or frame had cracks in it, they are gunna injure themselves more than anyone else if either failed whilst out in heavy traffic."

Car drivers could equally think that their vehicle was safe on the road regardless of whether it was or not, but law dictates that motorists must pay a tax or a cost at every turn.

Most cyclists are either students or fanatics who have little road sense and think that they have a divine right to some sort of concession on our roads.

Having driven in Cambridge for many years I saw so many accidents that involved cyclists just turning, swerving or stopping in traffic.

I would be happy to see road tests, mots, insurance all become compulsory so that those that were cycling had some form of responsibility rather than an arrogance of thinking that they can just piss people off as they choose

King's Crustacean

"Oh but you do have to love the drivers, most of them don't even know what a fucking turn signal is...

Sorry for using the pavement, I do value my life however."

What's a turn signal ?

"Oh but you do have to love the drivers, most of them don't even know what a fucking turn signal is...

What's a turn signal ?"

Google it.

I propose a shake up of the Footpath law 157846 1962 that says pedestrians have right of way to include no mobile phone usage while walking..no jogging or sports....no ear pieces listening to music..and no cycling even if you are 5 and have stabiliser wheels..

I'd like to see heavy fines for such criminal behaviour and a return of the cycling proficiency test made compulsory

"

Most cyclists are either students or fanatics who have little road sense and think that they have a divine right to some sort of concession on our roads.

Having driven in Cambridge for many years I saw so many accidents that involved cyclists just turning, swerving or stopping in traffic.

"

I wouldn't say most

King's Crustacean

What's a turn signal ?

Google it."

Policeman have really changed ...

"I propose a shake up of the Footpath law 157846 1962 that says pedestrians have right of way to include no mobile phone usage while walking..no jogging or sports....no ear pieces listening to music..and no cycling even if you are 5 and have stabiliser wheels..

I'd like to see heavy fines for such criminal behaviour and a return of the cycling proficiency test made compulsory "

I agree with fines; the exception being very small children. I'd like to see fines for not wearing a helmet. But what if like to see is a ban for driving while using the phone.

I agree with cycling proficiency tests and compulsory insurance; I have it both here in Germany and in UK for theft and public liability.

We also need legislation for the rash of invalid buggies (usually driven by fat idle cunt off to spoonies) who seem to think they own both the road and pavement

"

I wouldn't say most"

The other categories being what?

Kids, shoppers, going to work? In days gone by there were a lot of people who used push bikers to go to the shop or work but these days all I see is the odd kid (most indoors on computers etc) students and the Ed Clancy wannabes that look like yogurt knitting Guardian reading Lycra clad Pillock's

West Wales

"I propose a shake up of the Footpath law 157846 1962 that says pedestrians have right of way to include no mobile phone usage while walking..no jogging or sports....no ear pieces listening to music..and no cycling even if you are 5 and have stabiliser wheels..

I'd like to see heavy fines for such criminal behaviour and a return of the cycling proficiency test made compulsory "

AFAIK the law that says you can't ride a pushbike on the pavement is still in force. It doesn't apply to under sixteens though. The fine is £30..

But it's yet another law with no one to enforce it, much like the middle lane hogger one..

S

S

"

I wouldn't say most

Kids, shoppers, going to work? In days gone by there were a lot of people who used push bikers to go to the shop or work but these days all I see is the odd kid (most indoors on computers etc) students and the Ed Clancy wannabes that look like yogurt knitting Guardian reading Lycra clad Pillock's "

haha you really don't like cyclists do you, as you seem hell bent on name calling them every opportunity.

Oh well, best get on my bike and get outa here

"

I wouldn't say most

Kids, shoppers, going to work? In days gone by there were a lot of people who used push bikers to go to the shop or work but these days all I see is the odd kid (most indoors on computers etc) students and the Ed Clancy wannabes that look like yogurt knitting Guardian reading Lycra clad Pillock's

haha you really don't like cyclists do you, as you seem hell bent on name calling them every opportunity.

Oh well, best get on my bike and get outa here "

I don't....but ride safely ??

It pisses me off when cyclist ride on the main road when there is a perfectly good cycle path alongside the road, there is a national speed limit bypass near me with a 6ft wide cycle path running next to it yet they still rude on the main road, two abreast half the time, winds me up!

As a truck driver generally i hate all cyclists but its a deserved hatred because most cyclists are f#*king idiots with a death wish! But if they do something wrong and you hit one its always your fault even if your 100% not guilty of doing anything wrong. But that being said there are actually a few out there that know how to use the road

"

I wouldn't say most

Kids, shoppers, going to work? In days gone by there were a lot of people who used push bikers to go to the shop or work but these days all I see is the odd kid (most indoors on computers etc) students and the Ed Clancy wannabes that look like yogurt knitting Guardian reading Lycra clad Pillock's "

Fuck off.

I'm a yoghurt knitting Guardian reading pillock and I'd never be seen dead in lycra

"

I wouldn't say most

Fuck off.

I'm a yoghurt knitting Guardian reading pillock and I'd never be seen dead in lycra "

My apologies for the Lycra assumption.

Crimplene maybe?

Fuck all this hatred and vitriol.

Fluffy bunnys and kittens instead.

Life is full of far worse stresses than driving woes. If everyone was a little more tolerant and patient when using the roads then perhaps the hatred wouldn't be so forceful. Sadly, everyone is far to full of their own self importance and ego as soon as they get behind a wheel/over a bike/walk in the road.

"

I wouldn't say most

Fuck off.

I'm a yoghurt knitting Guardian reading pillock and I'd never be seen dead in lycra

My apologies for the Lycra assumption.

Crimplene maybe? "

Tie - dyed recyclable hemp only

"I don't know what you are suggesting Ace.

I wind down my window and shoot them on site. Even the little ones. Best to cull before they get unmanageable. "

That's a very poor taste comment, I have a cyclist son who gets abuse off car drivers for being on the road. I find your comment appalling.

"It pisses me off when cyclist ride on the main road when there is a perfectly good cycle path alongside the road, there is a national speed limit bypass near me with a 6ft wide cycle path running next to it yet they still rude on the main road, two abreast half the time, winds me up!"

As a regular cyclist i see many cycle paths but you'll be surprised at how many are blocked up with cars or vans using it as a parking spot.

There is no need for a comment like that, my son is a cyclist thank you.Your comment is appalling

"It pisses me off when cyclist ride on the main road when there is a perfectly good cycle path alongside the road, there is a national speed limit bypass near me with a 6ft wide cycle path running next to it yet they still rude on the main road, two abreast half the time, winds me up!

As a regular cyclist i see many cycle paths but you'll be surprised at how many are blocked up with cars or vans using it as a parking spot."

This

Or they're in such a disgraceful state of repair that it's safer to ride the roads.

What a lot of vile comments, absolutely disgusting. What a horrible place the Fab forum is becoming.

We have instructed our chauffeur to avoid running them down in the future. It plays havoc with the Bentleys suspension

"Fuck all this hatred and vitriol.

Life is full of far worse stresses than driving woes. If everyone was a little more tolerant and patient when using the roads then perhaps the hatred wouldn't be so forceful. Sadly, everyone is far to full of their own self importance and ego as soon as they get behind a wheel/over a bike/walk in the road.

"

Who pissed on your oatcake lol

"What a lot of vile comments, absolutely disgusting. What a horrible place the Fab forum is becoming. "

You could say Ms Trouble....there may be trouble ahead...fpmsl

Who pissed on your oatcake lol "

If anyone has pissed on my oatcakes, the apocalypse would be happening

Hahaha

"

I cycle and i drive too but pay tax on neither

"

I agree completely. Thank god not everyone is so intolerant of others. Self importance is exactly that. Why some think that they have more rights than others just because they percieve the place they need to be is far more important than anyone else. Really unattractive.

Edinburgh

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

Do you have strawberry jam in the middle ?"

How do you know about my strawberry jam habit?!

King's Crustacean

I wind down my window and shoot them on site. Even the little ones. Best to cull before they get unmanageable.

That's a very poor taste comment, I have a cyclist son who gets abuse off car drivers for being on the road. I find your comment appalling."

I'm appalled that I put site instead of sight but it's alright cos it's all shite.

I defend your right to be appalled.

King's Crustacean

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

How do you know about my strawberry jam habit?! "

There are spies everywhere.

Edinburgh

"Gad.

The hatred people.

I can almost taste it.

How do you know about my strawberry jam habit?!

There are spies everywhere."

In my fridge?!

King's Crustacean

Only in the jam jar....... not the eggs..... ffs that would be stupid.

I just stick to the hills. To dangerous on the roads (and pavements).

Most of you people have no fucking idea how scary it is to be skimmed by a car at 60 mile an hour and feel the wing mirror clip you. Its got absolutely fuck all to do with road tax either you fuck wits get a life and not try to take one for a change. Yes i cycle and pay road tax for my very expensive car so grow the fuck up.

Somebody is a little upset

Nobody pays road tax, FFS, it doesn't exist! If all the people who spouted this off really cared, they'd bother to find out how road maintenance is actually funded. Here's a clue - it isn't by a tax which was abolished in 1937.

Well, I am cycling home shortly. I shall do so with a new understanding of many of my fellow road users.

Meant of course illegal"

In most pedestrian areas cycling is prohibited not by the Road Traffic Act - which obviously doesn't apply - but by local bye-laws. So it is still illegal.

"Well, I am cycling home shortly. I shall do so with a new understanding of many of my fellow road users. "

Yeah, beware the ones that want to knock you off cos they're pissed at being held up for a minute or two.

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 16:38:20]

Sone cyclists are dicks. Sine motorists are dicks. Sone pedestrians are dicks. Sone motorcyclists are dicks. Sone truck drivers are dicks. Sone horse riders are dicks.

The mode if transport isn't what defines them though.

That's a very poor taste comment, I have a cyclist son who gets abuse off car drivers for being on the road. I find your comment appalling."

Perhaps he's just, you know, getting in the way....

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Yes

It's funny how people are slating cyclists when yesterday it was a cunt of a car driver who mowed down and killed 2 people before trying to run away

"Nobody pays road tax, FFS, it doesn't exist! If all the people who spouted this off really cared, they'd bother to find out how road maintenance is actually funded. Here's a clue - it isn't by a tax which was abolished in 1937."

Exactly. It's vehicle excise duty and is based on emissions,which is why a cyclist wouldn't pay as they have zero emissions

"Nobody pays road tax, FFS, it doesn't exist! If all the people who spouted this off really cared, they'd bother to find out how road maintenance is actually funded. Here's a clue - it isn't by a tax which was abolished in 1937.

Exactly. It's vehicle excise duty and is based on emissions,which is why a cyclist wouldn't pay as they have zero emissions "

And VED doesn't even pay for most road maintenance.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

You must earn billions if your tax can pay for even one road.... but if you're talking about "Road tax" it's not been called that for about a hundred years, plus I (like most cyclists) also have a car PLUS a motorbike too so I'm paying two lots of the fictional road tax.

Cal

"It's funny how people are slating cyclists when yesterday it was a cunt of a car driver who mowed down and killed 2 people before trying to run away"

Motorists kill 100s of people a year and leave many more with life changing injuries and often even if concicted escape with fines and points. It's a joke

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 17:04:11]

Older Hot Bearded Guy

I've said before on here, the whole idea is fundamentally flawed anyway. Encouraging motorists and cyclists to share the same space when only segregated by lines of paint and minimal curbing is just frankly laughable. As long as you have them both in the same vicinity, there's always a risk of someone getting injured or a fatality. It might work in the Netherlands, but, we're not the Netherlands, we're a much more densely populated nation.

It's just not worth the risk. Either properly segregate them well away from the roads, or if there isn't room, don't bother with them at all.

I've said before on here, the whole idea is fundamentally flawed anyway. Encouraging motorists and cyclists to share the same space when only segregated by lines of paint and minimal curbing is just frankly laughable. As long as you have them both in the same vicinity, there's always a risk of someone getting injured or a fatality. It might work in the Netherlands, but, we're not the Netherlands, we're a much more densely populated nation.

It's just not worth the risk. Either properly segregate them well away from the roads, or if there isn't room, don't bother with them at all.

"

It works in plenty of other countries. The issue isn't density of population it's partly attitude (of all road users) and largely congestion which is getting ever worse and not being addressed.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Oh God this is hilarious...so many people taking it seriously!!

Older Hot Bearded Guy

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 17:31:48]

Older Hot Bearded Guy

It works in plenty of other countries. The issue isn't density of population it's partly attitude (of all road users) and largely congestion which is getting ever worse and not being addressed. "

Densely populated/congested, you know what I mean.

Remove the risk, why have that risk of someone getting injured or killed?

You can educate all road users as much as you like, it helps, of course, but, as long as you have them sharing the same space that risk remains.

King's Crustacean

"Oh God this is hilarious...so many people taking it seriously!! "

Tell me about it

I'm a cyclist to boot.

"Oh God this is hilarious...so many people taking it seriously!!

Tell me about it

I'm a cyclist to boot. "

We're allowed to kick them now?

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

"It's funny how people are slating cyclists when yesterday it was a cunt of a car driver who mowed down and killed 2 people before trying to run away

Motorists kill 100s of people a year and leave many more with life changing injuries and often even if concicted escape with fines and points. It's a joke"

Nearly as funny as mowing down pedestrians using a perfectly dangerous footpath

King's Crustacean

Tell me about it

I'm a cyclist to boot.

We're allowed to kick them now?

Awesome!!!!!!!!!"

Not while i've got my spokey dokyes on.

We get large groups of cyclists around here on country back roads four a breast on blind corners nearly ran into the a time or two ,stopped to educate them and been to to do one as if you hit us you will be in the wrong wether you are or not so f--k off lol we tend now not to give for them

"Oh God this is hilarious...so many people taking it seriously!! "

Shhhhhhh lol...I havnt even started about bmx's pulling wheelies on the pavement or maniac cyclists with no lights at night

It works in plenty of other countries. The issue isn't density of population it's partly attitude (of all road users) and largely congestion which is getting ever worse and not being addressed.

You can educate all road users as much as you like, it helps, of course, but, as long as you have them sharing the same space that risk remains.

"

So are you advocatin getting g rid it motor vehicles? That eliminates the risk and has massive health and environmental benefits to.

"It's funny how people are slating cyclists when yesterday it was a cunt of a car driver who mowed down and killed 2 people before trying to run away

Motorists kill 100s of people a year and leave many more with life changing injuries and often even if concicted escape with fines and points. It's a joke

Nearly as funny as mowing down pedestrians using a perfectly dangerous footpath "

Do you have figures for pedestrians killed by cyclists? It's far out weighed by the carnage caused by motor vehucles

Do you have figures for pedestrians killed by cyclists? It's far out weighed by the carnage caused by motor vehucles"

Do you have figures showing how many cyclists get fined for abusing the Footpath?

Any injury on what should be a safe haven for non motorists is unacceptable and mentioning motorists is not what this post was intended

Do you have figures for pedestrians killed by cyclists? It's far out weighed by the carnage caused by motor vehucles

Do you have figures showing how many cyclists get fined for abusing the Footpath?

Any injury on what should be a safe haven for non motorists is unacceptable and mentioning motorists is not what this post was intended "

What did you intend? People to join you in slagging off cyclists?

I personally think that cyclists should have to partake in a cycling provinaincy test that should be compulsory also have a theory test associated, carry number plates for identification and also have to be of certain age above and below as kids are also as dangerous and menacing, kids fly out from junctions like hells angels and it's just very very unnerving to think about possible outcomes

Same goes for folk on horseback

Women on horseback should maybe have to compulsary ride round naked

When we pass the horse to the left side I would like you to perform an emergency stop

Hit the breaks shergar

People with shoes should pay a pavement tax and be forced to take assessments in a variety of footwear.

Anyone stopping to look in a shop window without indicating will be confined to walking in sports halls, aircraft hangars or seafront promenades in mid winter.

Sandals and flip - flops should attract a surcharge for extra idiocy.

"Nobody pays road tax, FFS, it doesn't exist! If all the people who spouted this off really cared, they'd bother to find out how road maintenance is actually funded. Here's a clue - it isn't by a tax which was abolished in 1937.

Exactly. It's vehicle excise duty and is based on emissions,which is why a cyclist wouldn't pay as they have zero emissions "

Cyclists emit about 7 milligrams of CO2 per hour

"Oh and don't even start me on dog walkers when they encounter a nobhead on a mountain bike swerving dangerous "
Lets not get on high horses over us cyclists,were ok when raising thousands for local hossies with our epic challenges and journeys whilst the drivers on here go on about blow jobs whilst driving...flashing on the motorway...maybes these are the cunts you should be whinging at...off for a ride

Vehicles only pay an "emissions" tax when they're on the road. You can emit as many noxious fumes as you like if your vehicle is on the drive under a "sorn" notice. You only fork out your hard-earned cash when you take the vehicle onto the road.

Crabsticks don't have any crab in them.

"

Cyclists emit about 7 milligrams of CO2 per hour "

Maybe they are due a service

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I cycle and break as many laws and piss off as many other road users as possible. Can't have the car drivers having all the fun!

"

Maybe they are due a service"

It's a normal amount. The average adult emits approximately 0.9 kg per day.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

So are you advocatin getting g rid it motor vehicles? That eliminates the risk and has massive health and environmental benefits to.

"

Don't be facetious.

"I cycle and break as many laws and piss off as many other road users as possible. Can't have the car drivers having all the fun!"

I love wobbling down the inside of the queue at traffic lights, then going in front of the car and wobbling off slowly when the lights go green. You can piss off many motorists at a time using this method

"Oh and don't even start me on dog walkers when they encounter a nobhead on a mountain bike swerving dangerous Lets not get on high horses over us cyclists,were ok when raising thousands for local hossies with our epic challenges and journeys whilst the drivers on here go on about blow jobs whilst driving...flashing on the motorway...maybes these are the cunts you should be whinging at...off for a ride "

Exactly this. Ok i did get a little tetchy earlier but you would not believe the moronic things people do when passing a person on a bike. And not just the ones in lycra. And on that note im done. ??

Exeter

Any injury on what should be a safe haven for non motorists is unacceptable and mentioning motorists is not what this post was intended

What did you intend? People to join you in slagging off cyclists?"

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

But everyone wants them off the road though, now they are on the pavement they are dangerous. Personally I always ride on the road, hitting a person at 20 - 30 mph does do some harm.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

No, they should get what's coming to them. I always give them a mouthful as I pass them on my bike, then cut in close, amazes me how many think they have the God given right to go through red lights.

"Cyclists = Road Rats

Personally I think cars should be banned in London, would be safer for everyone, pedestrian, cyclist and motorbikes.

As with all walks of life there are minorities that ruin it for the vast majority "

Come down to Crawley, red lights mean you only stop when a car is coming or there is a camera.

No such thing as Road tax....."

It is vehicle excise duty, most cyclist pay road tax on the car they drive, I pay 2 lots car & bike, so I think I can ride my cycle on the roads.

Edinburgh

Tell me about it

I'm a cyclist to boot. "

Me too!

"

Same as cyclist and pedestrians, the amount of times I have hit them when cycling along Brighton sea front. The worst are toddlers, they have no idea what they are doing, the parents think it is funny to let them walk anywhere. I use a cycling app, many a day I hit 30-40 mph on the cycle paths, still think they should be there separated by a white painted line.

What did you intend? People to join you in slagging off cyclists?"

I don't need anyone joining me..

I am actually riding in a cycle event today in aid of the injured soldiers fund so if you see a bunch of cyclists in the essex, herts, cambs area spare us a thought, we are doing this for a good cause

"I am actually riding in a cycle event today in aid of the injured soldiers fund so if you see a bunch of cyclists in the essex, herts, cambs area spare us a thought, we are doing this for a good cause"

Make sure you ride 2 abreast

I've done a smiler riding event through those counties. You'll enjoy it, hard work but rewarding.

London

"Cyclists = Road Rats

I used to be a M/C messenger in London and still drive there & think up town they are just like the pigeons, vermin..only the twattish ones though..

But then I'm probably biased due to injuries sustained while flattening one..

S"

London

"Cyclists = Road Rats

Personally I think cars should be banned in London, would be safer for everyone, pedestrian, cyclist and motorbikes."

And bring back horse and cart

"I am actually riding in a cycle event today in aid of the injured soldiers fund so if you see a bunch of cyclists in the essex, herts, cambs area spare us a thought, we are doing this for a good cause

Make sure you ride 2 abreast

I've done a smiler riding event through those counties. You'll enjoy it, hard work but rewarding."

It's where I do all my riding and it's great cycling country

By *ugga81Man  over a year ago

West Malling

I love the drivers who for no reason drive dangerously around me while on my bike, shouting abuse etc presumably because they think it's funny. Then shit themselves when a red light stops them and I approach........

"I am actually riding in a cycle event today in aid of the injured soldiers fund so if you see a bunch of cyclists in the essex, herts, cambs area spare us a thought, we are doing this for a good cause"

Hopefully not on the Footpath

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"

Maybe they are due a service

It's a normal amount. The average adult emits approximately 0.9 kg per day."

If enough cars are exempt emissions tax .... Expect breathing out harmful gasses to be taxed.. the country needs the £'s.. dragons den moment catalytic converters for cyclists ..

King's Crustacean

"People with shoes should pay a pavement tax and be forced to take assessments in a variety of footwear.

Anyone stopping to look in a shop window without indicating will be confined to walking in sports halls, aircraft hangars or seafront promenades in mid winter.

Sandals and flip - flops should attract a surcharge for extra idiocy."

I stopped to look in a mobile phone window when I had my shoes on. Unfortunately the police were watching. I got a fixed penalty - downgraded to a nokia 110 and sent on a levitation awareness course. My own fault tho.

By *am-RaiderMan  over a year ago

Corby

Think the scariest thing is the trend for cyclists to ride on the road in the dark with no lights and often dark clothing.

There have been many cyclists killed in my area in the last few years.

It's suicide by negligence and I pity the poor person who ends up knocking them down and spends the rest of their life coming to terms with it.

Lights are cheap. Hi-viz is cheap. Life is cheap.

Spend wisely.

"Think the scariest thing is the trend for cyclists to ride on the road in the dark with no lights and often dark clothing.

There have been many cyclists killed in my area in the last few years.

It's suicide by negligence and I pity the poor person who ends up knocking them down and spends the rest of their life coming to terms with it.

Lights are cheap. Hi-viz is cheap. Life is cheap.

Spend wisely."

I use decent lights all year round whether it's dark or not (although at €75 I wouldn't say they were cheap!) and recently got abuse from a motorit who took them as a personal insult "I'm not fucking blind mate you don't need stupid fucking lights, I wasn't going to hit you..." Go figure the logic of that

Wakefield

"

So what does vehicle excise duty pay for then?"

It is just a general tax that goes into the pot to pay for hospitals, schools, trident, MPs etc.etc

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

The sooner cyclists have to pay some sort of 'road' tax the better.

Too many of them seem to think that other road users are 2nd class citizens!!

Some.