FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I Kidnapped a Market Researcher!

I Kidnapped a Market Researcher!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I didn't mean to do it, honest!

My taxi bipped to let me know he was here, so I went out.... and there was a man just about to knock at my door. A professional market researcher who wanted to do a 20 mins interview with me.

While the taxi waited, I went through his first 3 "screening" questions (I used to work in market research, so I thought I could scare him off, but no!)

So I grabbed him, put him in the waiting taxi and took him to my local pub, bought him half of Diet Coke (wuss), and sat down, ready to do his 20 minute research interview.

And then found that screening question 4 excluded me...... "how many hours spent online in the last week?" Over 11 hours, apparently, ruled me out!

I told him that I am a moderator on a 'dating' site, which is why I spend so long online LOL But he wasn't having it .....he drank his Diet Coke and then had to walk half a mile back to his car

I would love to have a laugh about this with my 'vanilla' friends..... but, they don't know I spend the rest of my life on Fab! So I just thought I would share with you guys!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

poor sod

" poor sod "

LOL Ruby, who is the poor sod? Him or me?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

love it, made me laugh lol xx

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

lmao! bet he was pissed off at the thought of the walk back lol

cant believe u didnt shag him!!

Aww I wonder what the rest of the questions were about. I would have gone 11 hours a day I thought you said a month....

Should this not be in the 'Tall stories and fantasies forum' ??

I might try that tact and kidnap a guy, I dont think they'd come with me though

"cant believe u didnt shag him!! "

LOL he wasn't the best looking bloke in the world, but I would'a tried to convert him!

But one of the first things he said was that he is married to a lass who works for the same company as me..... and that means he's 'out of bounds' for me

I'll get the next one!

A Walter Mitty Moment ?

"

I'll get the next one! "

Good call

Nice to see your strategic dominance is under control

"A Walter Mitty Moment ?"

Will you stop it please. The OP ignored your first little "dig", there is no need to follow it up with another one.

My sky man was rather hot, i wish i had thought of making a move, he was here over half an hour, i must be losing my touch

"A Walter Mitty Moment ?

Will you stop it please. The OP ignored your first little "dig", there is no need to follow it up with another one. "

Oh I do beg you pardon, nice to see that you are sticking up for the OP.

Funny, I thought I was able to comment on a post just like anyone else ... apparantly not ?

Did I break a forum rule ??

Thought not !

"A Walter Mitty Moment ?

Will you stop it please. The OP ignored your first little "dig", there is no need to follow it up with another one.

Funny, I thought I was able to comment on a post just like anyone else ... apparantly not ?

Thought not !"

Walter Mitty is synonomous as a well known fantasist and liar. You didnt make a comment you made a very personal insult to the OP which is very direct and offensive therefore is breaking site rules not sticking up for OP just discouraging monkey see monkey do behaviour which some other scathing people may think jibes like yours give the green light for them to do same.

Oh well, I'm suitably chastised, so maybe it would have been better if I said that I thought that the story was a load of bullshit ?

I do apologise for having an opinion

Its all very well having an opinion. Making up a theory is an entirely different thing. Trying to brand someone as a liar.... whats the point of that?

Well I don't recall saying that anyone was a liar, I simply Mentioned a certain Mr Mitty who was a fantasist .... Fantasies and lies are 2 totally different things ....

Whats your definition of bullshit then?

This thread ....

"Oh well, I'm suitably chastised, so maybe it would have been better if I said that I thought that the story was a load of bullshit ?

I do apologise for having an opinion"

Nice to see the Forums are as friendly as ever.

How would you know Sunny's story wasn't true anyway?

I thought forums were supposed to be fun?

"How would you know Sunny's story wasn't true anyway? "

Because I was that market researcher and she didn't get me a diet - It was a double vodka and lemonade ..........

"I thought forums were supposed to be fun?"

They are fun. Anecdotes are fun. A lot more productive than the sneering from the sidelines.

Badmouthing is just an haitus to the proceedings and is a one minute wonder. But a good point of reference.

It does sound like a tall story i have to say but there are so many on here it is fun and makes me giggle.

"It does sound like a tall story i have to say but there are so many on here it is fun and makes me giggle. "

Exactly. It is fun. It's a good yarn.

And to describe the OP as Walter Mitty is to say that the OP is at best "ineffectual and hapless" [American Heritage Dictionary, Internet, accessed 17/04/11].

It is well known that although the original character was a harmless dreamer the name has since taken on a derogatory meaning and used as a reference to people who tell lies.

All rather unnecessary I would think on a 'fun' thread

"It does sound like a tall story i have to say but there are so many on here it is fun and makes me giggle.

Exactly. It is fun. It's a good yarn.

And to describe the OP as Walter Mitty is to say that the OP is at best "ineffectual and hapless" [American Heritage Dictionary, Internet, accessed 17/04/11].

It is well known that although the original character was a harmless dreamer the name has since taken on a derogatory meaning and used as a reference to people who tell lies.

All rather unnecessary I would think on a 'fun' thread "

I am always a little amused by some comments it all adds to the spice and everyone can have an opinion. Besides it makes me smile so keep up the stories i say

"A Walter Mitty Moment ?

Thought not !"

You are allowed to comment on any thread you want, but use your intelligence to contribute, not to take the piss.

What annoyed me, and why I posted my comment was the fact that you were not content to make the first dig. When the OP ignored you, maybe she didnt deem it worthy of a reply, you threw another comment in, a blatant attempt to cause disharmony.

I am not "sticking up" for anyone. This is not about that, I personally didnt like it. And I am also allowed my opinion.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I might try that tact and kidnap a guy, I dont think they'd come with me though "

Can I be your kidnapee?

LOL go to bed everyone!

If I didn't comment on an earlier reply to my thread, it's cuz I have a life outside of Fab!

And if anyone took me too literally (I didn't really kidnap the poor man - I invited him to join me in the pub beer garden on a sunny day to do his interview - and then I subsequently felt guilty that I answered only 1 question, failed to meet his quota, and he had to walk home)

I laughed me little ass off, for inviting him to the pub and failing to help him ...since I can't share this story with anyone else (the whole point is, he's not allowed to interview peeps who spend more than 10 hours a week online) I thought you guys might find it funny.

If you don't find it funny.... just move along to the next post! Don't fret, ffs!

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Oooh, you women can be so bitchy sometimes... Handbags at the ready, ladies!

Blokes are much better at this kinda thing. You just call each other a tosser then move on to doing something else. Luckily most of us males have got small brains and very short memories.

"Oooh, you women can be so bitchy sometimes... Handbags at the ready, ladies!

Blokes are much better at this kinda thing. You just call each other a tosser then move on to doing something else. Luckily most of us males have got small brains and very short memories."

You read this thread and see ladies (in the plural) bitching? I see one couple calling another member something pretty unsavoury and men and women objecting to it.

Whats lucky about having small brains and short memories? I'd worry more about failing eyesight. That is called and meant to come across as sarcastic.

By *ubmischiefMan 22 weeks ago

Airdrie

Superb ??
"I didn't mean to do it, honest!

My taxi bipped to let me know he was here, so I went out.... and there was a man just about to knock at my door. A professional market researcher who wanted to do a 20 mins interview with me.

While the taxi waited, I went through his first 3 "screening" questions (I used to work in market research, so I thought I could scare him off, but no!)

So I grabbed him, put him in the waiting taxi and took him to my local pub, bought him half of Diet Coke (wuss), and sat down, ready to do his 20 minute research interview.

And then found that screening question 4 excluded me...... "how many hours spent online in the last week?" Over 11 hours, apparently, ruled me out!

I told him that I am a moderator on a 'dating' site, which is why I spend so long online LOL But he wasn't having it .....he drank his Diet Coke and then had to walk half a mile back to his car

I would love to have a laugh about this with my 'vanilla' friends..... but, they don't know I spend the rest of my life on Fab! So I just thought I would share with you guys!"

» Add a new message to this topic