FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Boyfriend

Boyfriend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iguy39 OP   Man  over a year ago

manchester

I have been bi all my adult life, but I have had a boyfriend. Had lots of sexual contact but never a relationship with another guy. Well I have met someone I like, and think yeah I could go for him. It's just new and a bit scary. Any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Like any relationship. Straight/Bi/Gay. Just be yourself.

Treat it the same as you would a relationship with a woman. I'd treat a partner the same.....regardless of gender

If it feels right and you both feel the same do it

manchester

He's nice, sensitive and kind. And he's got a fit body!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

What have you got to lose? Compare that with what you potentially stand to gain.

manchester

Thanks for the nice comments

By *edRapscallionMan  over a year ago

London

A relationship with someone of the same sex isn't any different to a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Just crack on. See where it goes. Best of luck

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Sounds exciting, like the others have said it's no different to any relationship

"A relationship with someone of the same sex isn't any different to a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Just crack on. See where it goes. Best of luck "

Other than the fact you can't make babies and will be stigmatised when you go out together.

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"He's nice, sensitive and kind. And he's got a fit body! "

This is a nice thread. Im sure we all wish you good luck and every joy.

London

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 22:26:13]

London

"A relationship with someone of the same sex isn't any different to a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Just crack on. See where it goes. Best of luck

Other than the fact you can't make babies and will be stigmatised when you go out together. "

That depends on whether or not starting a family is a pre-requisite for you being in a relationship. For many, myself included, it isn't. If it is, same-sex couples can adopt, so there isn't necessarily a barrier to starting a family.

As for stigmatisation, yes, it can happen with a same-sex couple. It can also happen to a male/female couple, particularly where race is concerned, or even something equally as trivial like height.

So to repeat: just go with the flow, OP. Don't be put off by others

"A relationship with someone of the same sex isn't any different to a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Just crack on. See where it goes. Best of luck

Other than the fact you can't make babies and will be stigmatised when you go out together.

That depends on whether or not starting a family is a pre-requisite for you being in a relationship. For many, myself included, it isn't. If it is, same-sex couples can adopt, so there isn't necessarily a barrier to starting a family.

As for stigmatisation, yes, it can happen with a same-sex couple. It can also happen to a male/female couple, particularly where race is concerned, or even something equally as trivial like height.

So to repeat: just go with the flow, OP. Don't be put off by others "

I'm just saying that OP should weigh up the pros and cons and decide if the extra hassle is worthwhile to them. If it is, to them, go for it.

Real life isn't like the fab bubble is all I'm saying.

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Other than the fact you can't make babies and will be stigmatised when you go out together. "

Very nice, confidence booster, well done.

Grantham

"Other than the fact you can't make babies and will be stigmatised when you go out together.

Well put

Any relationship has the potential for other people to be judgemental about it. My family are horrified if I ever date someone younger.

Same sex relationships have just as much chance of surviving. I have long term friends who are a gay couple that have been together over 40 years. They had a civil ceremony but I think of them as married

Enjoy it OP

London

I'm just saying that OP should weigh up the pros and cons and decide if the extra hassle is worthwhile to them. If it is, to them, go for it.

Real life isn't like the fab bubble is all I'm saying. "

Real life is not like the fab bubble, no. But ultimately, they should go with their gut and "extra hassle" be damned. If this person is right for them and makes them happy, why should they steer clear of happiness purely on the off-chance of someone commenting negatively on their potential relationship?

Very nice, confidence booster, well done."

At least your post was consistent with the dream world you live in.

By *amcubusWoman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 22:42:43]

Grantham

"At least your post was consistent with the dream world you live in. "

So you're saying if you see a gay/lesbian couple out then you turn your nose up?

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I have been bi all my adult life, but I have had a boyfriend. Had lots of sexual contact but never a relationship with another guy. Well I have met someone I like, and think yeah I could go for him. It's just new and a bit scary. Any advice? "

Be you and be happy with what and who you do.

Don't worry about other people's opinions.. Do what's best for you.

Life is too short to have regrets.

Real life is not like the fab bubble, no. But ultimately, they should go with their gut and "extra hassle" be damned. If this person is right for them and makes them happy, why should they steer clear of happiness purely on the off-chance of someone commenting negatively on their potential relationship?"

Some decisions are good to make on gut feel others aren't. I think you present a false dichotomy where the OP can be happy with this person or not at all.

The discrimination that men in same sex relationships face goes well beyond negative comments. Should you let others influence your decisions, especially bigots? No, if it's really that important to you. Yes, if it's not. But pretending it's going to be all roses and easy to the OP is a disservice in my opinion.

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Very nice, confidence booster, well done.

At least your post was consistent with the dream world you live in. "

Ah, dreams, where did that come from. Apparently you get dreams if you eat too much 'Cheese'

"At least your post was consistent with the dream world you live in.

So you're saying if you see a gay/lesbian couple out then you turn your nose up?"

I have no idea how you managed to invent that from the words I said. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth, especially when they dont reflect my opinion.

London

Real life is not like the fab bubble, no. But ultimately, they should go with their gut and "extra hassle" be damned. If this person is right for them and makes them happy, why should they steer clear of happiness purely on the off-chance of someone commenting negatively on their potential relationship?

Some decisions are good to make on gut feel others aren't. I think you present a false dichotomy where the OP can be happy with this person or not at all.

The discrimination that men in same sex relationships face goes well beyond negative comments. Should you let others influence your decisions, especially bigots? No, if it's really that important to you. Yes, if it's not. But pretending it's going to be all roses and easy to the OP is a disservice in my opinion. "

No false dichotomy on my part. I'm simply refuting your statement that suggests the OP would automatically be stigmatised for being in a same-sex relationship, as well as relationships being for the purpose of starting families - and that the OP couldn't start a family within this relationship if they wanted to.

Of course discrimination goes beyond negative comments. However, you can't guarantee that a same-sex couple will garner negative comments, let alone anything more severe. Likewise, you can't guarantee that they won't, but it still stands that you shouldn't let possibilities (not certainties) put you off being in a relationship someone you care for very much, regardless of who they are.

I'm not trying to pretend that anything is going to be all roses and easy. What I'm trying to do is provide a balance to your posts by saying that not everything will be all thorns and negativity.

The discrimination that men in same sex relationships face goes well beyond negative comments. Should you let others influence your decisions, especially bigots? No, if it's really that important to you. Yes, if it's not. But pretending it's going to be all roses and easy to the OP is a disservice in my opinion.

No false dichotomy on my part. I'm simply refuting your statement that suggests the OP would automatically be stigmatised for being in a same-sex relationship, as well as relationships being for the purpose of starting families - and that the OP couldn't start a family within this relationship if they wanted to.

Of course discrimination goes beyond negative comments. However, you can't guarantee that a same-sex couple will garner negative comments, let alone anything more severe. Likewise, you can't guarantee that they won't, but it still stands that you shouldn't let possibilities (not certainties) put you off being in a relationship someone you care for very much, regardless of who they are.

I'm not trying to pretend that anything is going to be all roses and easy. What I'm trying to do is provide a balance to your posts by saying that not everything will be all thorns and negativity.

"

That's fine, I don't object to anything you've said really, I'm just trying to balance out a thread that was only saying one side of the story to the OP.

As an outside I can only comment on probabilities. Only the OP can judge the merits of the specific situation and that's all I encourage them to do.

London

That's fine, I don't object to anything you've said really, I'm just trying to balance out a thread that was only saying one side of the story to the OP.

As an outside I can only comment on probabilities. Only the OP can judge the merits of the specific situation and that's all I encourage them to do. "

manchester

If anyone was to stigmatise me for being In a same sex relationship it wouldn't bother me at all, because they would clearly be idiots and bigots and their opinions wouldn't even count as far as I am concerned

London

"If anyone was to stigmatise me for being In a same sex relationship it wouldn't bother me at all, because they would clearly be idiots and bigots and their opinions wouldn't even count as far as I am concerned "

Best attitude to have. I really hope you two have an excellent time

manchester

"If anyone was to stigmatise me for being In a same sex relationship it wouldn't bother me at all, because they would clearly be idiots and bigots and their opinions wouldn't even count as far as I am concerned

Best attitude to have. I really hope you two have an excellent time "

thank you

"If anyone was to stigmatise me for being In a same sex relationship it wouldn't bother me at all, because they would clearly be idiots and bigots and their opinions wouldn't even count as far as I am concerned "

Sounds like a pretty easy decision then!

Surely though you've been in a relationship at some point in your life?

Would you behave differently toward a man then you would a woman?

Don't understand what type of advice you really want?!?

Well,you can't make babies together but there are other ways if starting a family is the goal.And,if the comments so far are any kind of indication of public attitudes,stigmatization is much less of an issue than it was back in the dark ages.There are a few Neanderthals still around but a dying breed thankfully.

Congratulations OP,,be happy.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc hotel

as a bi male couple we'd agree x

Grantham

So you're saying if you see a gay/lesbian couple out then you turn your nose up?

I have no idea how you managed to invent that from the words I said. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth, especially when they dont reflect my opinion. "

Everyone else was being supportive and positive and only you said they would be stigmatised.

So if that's how you see same sex couples then it seems possible that's what you'd do. So I asked. No words put in your mouth.

Be happy!

Grantham

"If anyone was to stigmatise me for being In a same sex relationship it wouldn't bother me at all, because they would clearly be idiots and bigots and their opinions wouldn't even count as far as I am concerned

Best attitude to have. I really hope you two have an excellent time "

I have no idea how you managed to invent that from the words I said. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth, especially when they dont reflect my opinion.

Everyone else was being supportive and positive and only you said they would be stigmatised.

So if that's how you see same sex couples then it seems possible that's what you'd do. So I asked. No words put in your mouth."

Discrimination against same sex couples is not something I just invented to troll a thread. It's a very real problem in society. I could bore you with the stats bit Google is your friend.

Yes, everyone else was blowing smoke up the OPs ass so I attempted to give a more balanced assessment. The OP has confirmed they don't give a shit about the opinions of bigots so that's the answer to my question.

We're both bisexual, the probability that we have an issue with other bisexual people is not very high to justify such a leading question.

Grantham

"We're both bisexual, the probability that we have an issue with other bisexual people is not very high to justify such a leading question. "

And how would I have known that?

Being positive and blowing smoke are two different things.

Pointing out possibilities and being negative can also be two different things

Err my son can't have kids coz he's infertile, so do females have to take it into consideration before they will go out with him??

As for being stigmatized, we aren't living in The dark ages or Russia.

OP and he's friend will be just fine. Only a small minority are anti gay these days XXX

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

Real life isn't like the fab bubble is all I'm saying. "

its funny the only stigma i have ever come across about anyone, has only been on here, i dont hear any of it in my circles in life..maybe i dont hang around with arseholes..

good luck OP experience the love and laughter and enjoy xx

Grantham

"its funny the only stigma i have ever come across about anyone, has only been on here, i dont hear any of it in my circles in life..maybe i dont hang around with arseholes.."

I agree, I have gay friends, bi friends, friends with gay children, a friend with a gay brother and so on. No one's ever mentioned a problem

"We're both bisexual, the probability that we have an issue with other bisexual people is not very high to justify such a leading question.

And how would I have known that?

"

It's on our profile... Maybe have a peek before making a statement like that.

"its funny the only stigma i have ever come across about anyone, has only been on here, i dont hear any of it in my circles in life..maybe i dont hang around with arseholes..

I agree, I have gay friends, bi friends, friends with gay children, a friend with a gay brother and so on. No one's ever mentioned a problem "

Well according to stonewall, 1 in 5 homosexuals have been threatened with violence. 1 in 10 have actually been assaulted and according to the home office there were 5,597 hate crimes against homosexuals specifically last year.

So I guess they are just making shit up then.

"its funny the only stigma i have ever come across about anyone, has only been on here, i dont hear any of it in my circles in life..maybe i dont hang around with arseholes..

I agree, I have gay friends, bi friends, friends with gay children, a friend with a gay brother and so on. No one's ever mentioned a problem

Well according to stonewall, 1 in 5 homosexuals have been threatened with violence. 1 in 10 have actually been assaulted and according to the home office there were 5,597 hate crimes against homosexuals specifically last year.

So I guess they are just making shit up then. "

doesnt happen in my world..i guess its one for the creation of your own world theory..the dregs disperse if you dont allow them space in your heart or mind..

So I guess they are just making shit up then. doesnt happen in my world..i guess its one for the creation of your own world theory..the dregs disperse if you dont allow them space in your heart or mind.."

Which is what the OP has said they will do. I sincerely hope the OP does not join those statistics, I would like to live in a world where LGBT people didn't need separate statistics.

Op if it's right for u that's what counts enjoy and be happy and enjoy every day .

Grantham

"And how would I have known that?

It's on our profile... Maybe have a peek before making a statement like that. "

No thanks an it was a question not a statement. The clue was in the ?

So I guess they are just making shit up then. doesnt happen in my world..i guess its one for the creation of your own world theory..the dregs disperse if you dont allow them space in your heart or mind..

Which is what the OP has said they will do. I sincerely hope the OP does not join those statistics, I would like to live in a world where LGBT people didn't need separate statistics. "

wweell you are the one that puit them in his sphere..why? cos you wanted it in his consciousness..'to be aware of'..why? who the heck knows...thanks for the 'reality' check..not my reality i scrubbed it from my brain the moment i skim read it..why cos it doesnt belong in me...its a moulding device..bleugh..unique individuyals dont fit into stats..stats are formed to divide and herd people, to create a norm, top control people..be free never read a stat again..chuck them out of your brain..they dont exist, therefore they dont manifest in your reality as its not part of your reality...just imagine if everyone did this...yes it would be universal unconcern about what people are, do, say and believe...awesome.. world where there is inclusiveness in total diversity..and thats my world...and it works..

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm afraid I've no words of advice OP. My track record with men is pretty awful.

That said I have learnt along the way that you cause more problems trying to 2nd guess what they are thinking and hints are pointless so be direct.

Good luck and I hope whatever you decide works out well for you xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Be happy

» Add a new message to this topic