FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > road rant!

road rant!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all, I'm coming at this from a regular cyclists point of view but it is probably relevant to my motorbike brothers too Bloody stone chipping road surfaces!! It's cheap it's nasty and it's damn right dangerous for any two wheeled transport! The regs say the road should be swept twice shortly after being chipped....ha yeah right! It's just left making roads almost unrideable for weeks. It's like trying to ride over a bed of marbles especially on corners were they tend to collect. Imagine the out raw if they did it on main roads or motorways. It must be terrifying on a motorbike too! Road agencies please please STOP IT

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Often done on the A roads down here. A sea of chippings, and left for some time, presumably to bed in Bad enough riding over them (thankfully not had any mishaps so far), but the prats who still want to do 50mph+ in the opposite carriageway who then spray everyone with the chippings don't help matters either

Exactly I saw a programme on tv from the US they have a machine that takes up the old surface at the front, crushes heats and tars it in the middle and lays a new smooth perfect surface out the back rideable in 20min. Outstanding!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's a road that was done round here recently and it's horrendous. It's a single carriageway A road, quite a steep hill with 2 big bends where the gravel hasn't bedded in at all. Not sure which is worse riding up it and assuming the primary position at way too slow a speed while hoing rould a bend or descending on a somewhat dicey surface. And it's part of my commute so I can't avoid it.

Let us know if your motor or pedal when replying. There was a big petition online but think I missed the deadline Just about every small road around me in North Essex has been done. They don't repair potholes first they just get filled with gravel making them death traps because you can't see them now until your front wheel drops in them

» Add a new message to this topic