FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > kids bedtime

kids bedtime

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what time would you people say a 6 / 7 year old should be in bed by?

AND

If u were arranging a meet would u have ur kids in the same house that night?

me personally would say no later than 8pm for bed and a big defo NO NO to kids being there if a meet is arranged.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aryDafiMan  over a year ago

Tripple e

On our road about 11pm!

By *havenangel1Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

We don't accom purely for that reason i don't agree with children being in the same house but then thats each to there own and my personal preference.

My seven year old goes to bed at seven on a school night and between seven and eight on other nights depending on how tired he is.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

who cares, my kid = my worries, other ppl's kids are their worry, i aint getting involved in it. You do what is right for your kid, and thats all you can do

By *aryDafiMan  over a year ago

Tripple e

I wouldn't want to meet anyone with kids in the house. Its just not right.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"what time would you people say a 6 / 7 year old should be in bed by?

AND

me personally would say no later than 8pm for bed and a big defo NO NO to kids being there if a meet is arranged."

I think your bed time is sensible ... as for kids in house or even "remotely" close and irrespective of how yojng they are (baby asleep etc) for me it is a non negotiable No... it's wrong I think.

AND

me personally would say no later than 8pm for bed and a big defo NO NO to kids being there if a meet is arranged."

Its not the bedtime its the amount of hours sleep a child needs for strong growth and cell renewal. There will be exceptions to the norm but the advised amount of sleep a 6-7 year old should have is at least ten and a half hours a night. So depending on what time they have to be up in the morning determines bedtime.

If your child is sluggish in the morning then perhaps they need more sleep at night. Just observe their well being.

I personally wouldn't swing with other couples in my home where children lived (mine or theirs). As with most things you used to enjoy before their arrival you need to rejig your social life accordingly.

Good luck xxx

Midnight

right after they feed and water the ponies and lock up the mine for the night

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm almost 38 and I like at least 9 hours a night!

And no... I wouldn't swing with kids in the house.

for both halves of a childs brain to function at a premium, they need to be well rested at that age in order to academically develop to their full potential. approx 11 hours of sleep would be ideal. many parents tend to struggle with routines for their children...a mixture of consistency, low energy cereals and calm activities b4 bedtime helps. as for the meeting with children in the house...thats just common sense! children remember the weirdest things that happen, trust. it could also create emotional instability later on in life. to answer ur question directly...between 7 and 8 is perfect for ur children

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I wouldn't meet with kids in the house of any age. Bedtimes do vary - at that age I was going to bed at around 8.30/9 - wide awake 6.30/7 and was top of the school year (was actually performing academically more than a year ahead) so the 'norm' doesn't always apply

"I wouldn't meet with kids in the house of any age. Bedtimes do vary - at that age I was going to bed at around 8.30/9 - wide awake 6.30/7 and was top of the school year (was actually performing academically more than a year ahead) so the 'norm' doesn't always apply"

a child's cognitive development is a multi faceted maze. many factors contribute to well being. it's just trying to find the balance of as many factors as possible to help them develop to their potential. one size doesn't fit all

AND

My 7 year old goes about 7:30 to 8. So I would say thats about right. But as others have said , it want works for you.

But I would have to say to a very big NO to a meet in the house with kids in it.

All 3 of my kids are asleep by 8ish most nights.. for 6/7 I would say upstairs at 7, asleep by 8..

I play with my kids here... but only have regular people here.. no women, no couples.. and they can not walk in on anything.. ( well perhaps me sitting having a chat and a coffee with a friend) but that would be it.. As nothing starts downstairs.

Katie.x

» Add a new message to this topic