FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe in karma

Do you believe in karma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I do, do you ?

Sarah

Oh yeah!! If you cause shit it will eventually come back to haunt you

Definatley

No. I believe in life there are ups and downs for everyone. When someone gets an inevitable 'down' someone will shout 'that's karma for something horrible you previously did!' when in fact it's just part of the normal cycle of life.

"No. I believe in life there are ups and downs for everyone. When someone gets an inevitable 'down' someone will shout 'that's karma for something horrible you previously did!' when in fact it's just part of the normal cycle of life.

"

But you could say Karma is cycle aswell - my beliefs on the matter are a little more spiritual

Yes, but only in so much that people tend to reap what the sow. If you're a shit to others, they'll tend to be shits back.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Oh yeah!! If you cause shit it will eventually come back to haunt you "

Yes, I bought my daughter a shirt on Saturday, and I was under the impression that it was £4, got to the till, and it rang up at £5, the girl apologised, but I said "no worries, its not your fault" paid the money and left, without causing a fuss like I have seen some people do.

I goit outside, and what did I find?

A pound coin, karma, sometimes its instant

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Yes,i think what goes around will eventually come back around.That goes for good and bad.

Miss

"Yes, but only in so much that people tend to reap what the sow. If you're a shit to others, they'll tend to be shits back. "

You can't complain about the rain if you caused the storm

Yep, but I also try very hard to treat others as I would like to be treated. Unless they've hurt my friends... then I'm not so worried about karma!!

"Yep, but I also try very hard to treat others as I would like to be treated. Unless they've hurt my friends... then I'm not so worried about karma!!"

There's no mysterious outside forces involved, the treatment you dish out to others influences how you are treated in turn. Add a dollop of coincidence, our propensity to affirmation bias and you have "karma".

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

My nan always used to say ' gods slow but he's sure' bless her, I miss her Mrs blue eyes

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't generally believe in extra sensory psychic phenomena where there's not good evidence.

I do think that we can influence and create our own payback experiences though; this would be fairly standard behavioural processes.

There's no god or spirit etc that's likely existing anywhere.

What you sow in this life maybe returned in your next life - but thats only if you believe in reincarnation and your soul is a continuous soul.

Sorry if you think i being werid just what i believe

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, I don't believe in karma. I do believe that people that do bad things or who are really horrible aren't ever at peace with themselves but then quite a lot of good people aren't either and that if you respond positively to people they will respond similarly most of the time and vice versa. There are plenty of examples of people who committed terrible acts who died free and happy.

Karma, like religion lets us cling on to the hope that the universe is just, it really isnt otherwise a lot of five year old Syrians have done some bad stuff in their short lives.

Not really, I think it's a bit of a cop out. Life can be tough, and harsh, and unfair and sometimes that's just the way it is.

By *uperock99Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Karma seems to work on some but every time I wish karma will sort those who I think done wrong, it never does

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What you sow in this life maybe returned in your next life - but thats only if you believe in reincarnation and your soul is a continuous soul.

Sorry if you think i being werid just what i believe "

You don't need to apologise for a sincerely held belief.

Do you think that some of the hideous crimes inflicted on people, especially children are as a result of something they did in a previous life or is it more random than that?

No, it's just another belief system that is loosely based on you doing good things for reward.

Doing good things should be their own reward.

Yes

"No, I don't believe in karma. I do believe that people that do bad things or who are really horrible aren't ever at peace with themselves but then quite a lot of good people aren't either and that if you respond positively to people they will respond similarly most of the time and vice versa. There are plenty of examples of people who committed terrible acts who died free and happy.

Karma, like religion lets us cling on to the hope that the universe is just, it really isnt otherwise a lot of five year old Syrians have done some bad stuff in their short lives."

Just a discussion not an argument or any attempt to force my _iews on you just another way of the thinking.

I dont condone the death of anyone of any age through violence.

Karma in my opinion doesnt relate to death.

It can transcend one life to another.

I believe my death is already written the form it comes in no one knows and it will come once i have achieved the purpose of my life

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Oh! Yeah!

"My nan always used to say ' gods slow but he's sure' bless her, I miss her Mrs blue eyes"

Nan was a wise woman

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No, I don't believe in karma. I do believe that people that do bad things or who are really horrible aren't ever at peace with themselves but then quite a lot of good people aren't either and that if you respond positively to people they will respond similarly most of the time and vice versa. There are plenty of examples of people who committed terrible acts who died free and happy.

Karma, like religion lets us cling on to the hope that the universe is just, it really isnt otherwise a lot of five year old Syrians have done some bad stuff in their short lives.

Just a discussion not an argument or any attempt to force my _iews on you just another way of the thinking.

I believe my death is already written the form it comes in no one knows and it will come once i have achieved the purpose of my life "

I know it's just a discussion and you wouldn't be able to force your _iews on me I have my own deeply held spiritual beliefs centred around personal responsibility. The reason I asked you the question was because I find it all interesting.

"Not really, I think it's a bit of a cop out. Life can be tough, and harsh, and unfair and sometimes that's just the way it is. "

This.

Bad things sometimes just happen

Equally, I don't like to put good things down to good karma, if I achieve something it's down to me not some universal force.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I try and learn from life experiences but I don't think the experience happens to me to teach me anything...I think my attitude to life trys to gain a positive from everything that occurs.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"Yes, but only in so much that people tend to reap what the sow. If you're a shit to others, they'll tend to be shits back. "

Yes and then they wonder why that is and play the victim.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think if you live a life just being a cunt, it will catch up with you.

Yes. (I hope this helps)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 22/08/16 09:38:47]

Yes i do.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I take it people are talking about the western pop culture _iew of karma rather than the complex interactions involved I karma in eastern religious then.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I take it people are talking about the western pop culture _iew of karma rather than the complex interactions involved I karma in eastern religious then. "

Yep!

"I take it people are talking about the western pop culture _iew of karma rather than the complex interactions involved I karma in eastern religious then. "
theres at least two people using the later definition on this thread

To an extent yes, I believe more in the law of attraction and that you can attract good things and bad things in to your life.

No I don't belive in kama.

What has a six month old with terminal cancer done to deserve it!.

I believe my death is already written the form it comes in no one knows and it will come once i have achieved the purpose of my life

I know it's just a discussion and you wouldn't be able to force your _iews on me I have my own deeply held spiritual beliefs centred around personal responsibility. The reason I asked you the question was because I find it all interesting. "

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

"I take it people are talking about the western pop culture _iew of karma rather than the complex interactions involved I karma in eastern religious then. theres at least two people using the later definition on this thread "

I think if you accept the premise of reincarnation then karma may become a possibility. Without it I see far too many manipulative and abusive people seemingly happy and thriving whilst many good and caring people constantly struggling to accept it.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Yes. Yes I do

"I try and learn from life experiences but I don't think the experience happens to me to teach me anything...I think my attitude to life trys to gain a positive from everything that occurs. "

What you have described above to me is Karmic.

But i dont think you can belive in Karma without having some sort of spiritual element to you.

None of us are perfect.

I've not met a spiritual person that is not positive.

Karma and Spirutuality (some people may call it faith ) for those that believe in leads them to living a positive life.

Yes their are those who you use the same principles for hate and to cause fear. The use it as an excuse to hide behind. Within my own belief system their time will come

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

I like to believe there's such a thing as karma

"What you sow in this life maybe returned in your next life - but thats only if you believe in reincarnation and your soul is a continuous soul.

I believe in reincarnation, I have done for over 30 years. Some weird stuff has gone on in my life xxx

"I think if you live a life just being a cunt, it will catch up with you."

That's unfortunately just wishful thinking!.

Lots of Nazi concentration camp guards lead long happy healthful lives into their 90s before dying in their sleep in a comfortable bed.

Absolutely. If your unkind, I believe it will bite you back on the bottom, but flip it the other side of the coin , if you do a good dead I do believe you'll get rewarded.

It pays to be nice and kind.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

As a couple with a (then) 2 1/2yr old that had cancer No, Karma is bollox.

She's 9 now & ok, just a few bits missing & killer scars (If she were a he ) No need to ask

x

S&H

Not in the slightest.

That's why shit things happen to good people and good things happen to wankers.

"I take it people are talking about the western pop culture _iew of karma rather than the complex interactions involved I karma in eastern religious then. theres at least two people using the later definition on this thread

I think if you accept the premise of reincarnation then karma may become a possibility. Without it I see far too many manipulative and abusive people seemingly happy and thriving whilst many good and caring people constantly struggling to accept it. "

the life we have on earth is only part of the cycle, we may be here at the beginning middle or end of our cycle. When we have completed the cycle we move to the next plane where it starts again until we have completed that. When we have completed evetything we go to the final plane where our soul can then rest. I think im in my last life cycle and will be moving to the next plane when i leave earth.

Now that is what i believe and that belief serves me well but i dont expect everybody to believe it

Karma is not this mystical thing.

I would say more a set of principles by which if you believe in it you live your life

Will the dinosaur souls be there too or is just the animals called humans that get in?.

Where do all the extra souls come from, we only started off with few and now we're many, what the extra souls doing while waiting for extra human bodies, what we're they doing while there were no humans at all?....

It all seems like a very complicated way of explaining stuff that's already quite complicated.

I like to uncomplicate stuff by saying I'm alive, I'm doing shit and then I'll die and i won't do shit..... It's by far the easiest explanation as to what's going on in my life, as long as you can grasp one fact that your not that bloody important in the grand scheme of things.... It works great

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I think if you live a life just being a cunt, it will catch up with you..

That's unfortunately just wishful thinking!.

Lots of Nazi concentration camp guards lead long happy healthful lives into their 90s before dying in their sleep in a comfortable bed."

I can't believe they weren't always looking over their shoulder, worried about exposure and then capture at some point. Not the punishment they deserved, but a form of punishment

this is karma

"Will the dinosaur souls be there too or is just the animals called humans that get in?.

Where do all the extra souls come from, we only started off with few and now we're many, what the extra souls doing while waiting for extra human bodies, what we're they doing while there were no humans at all?....

It all seems like a very complicated way of explaining stuff that's already quite complicated.

I like to uncomplicate stuff by saying I'm alive, I'm doing shit and then I'll die and i won't do shit..... It's by far the easiest explanation as to what's going on in my life, as long as you can grasp one fact that your not that bloody important in the grand scheme of things.... It works great"

Offcourse Dinosaurs, animals even plants have souls. Souls dont live in one plane.

Its actually very simple nothing complicated about it dont try and over think it

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

No

Yes indeed. My mate was painting a bathroom ceiling balancing on the side of the bath showing off as to how much core strength he had and balance blah blah then lost his balance and put his foot in a bucket of water with paint brushes in that was in the bath!

"Will the dinosaur souls be there too or is just the animals called humans that get in?.

I like to uncomplicate stuff by saying I'm alive, I'm doing shit and then I'll die and i won't do shit..... It's by far the easiest explanation as to what's going on in my life, as long as you can grasp one fact that your not that bloody important in the grand scheme of things.... It works great"

but thats your personal belief and how you get through your life i have a different belief that gets me through mine

I like to uncomplicate stuff by saying I'm alive, I'm doing shit and then I'll die and i won't do shit..... It's by far the easiest explanation as to what's going on in my life, as long as you can grasp one fact that your not that bloody important in the grand scheme of things... We. It works great"

but your talking as a human on earth. I belive ive been a human before as thats what i feel but when i move to the next pkane my soul wont take this form, i dont know what form it will take as i dont have any preconcieved ideas of what it will be like

Yes and seen it time and time again working to sort things out.

West Wales

Everything is just atoms, so in that respect we will all come back, we have always been here & we always will..

We are atheists, we have morals, know right from wrong, so I don't need a God to protect or look to or live my life by the teachings of, I live my life trying not to harm others, if I'm wrong & there is a just God he will welcome me anyway if he doesn't fuck him as he'll be no god I would want to have followed anyway

One of my favorite song lyrics

"What if god is real but religions one big lie?" - Everlast

S

I like to uncomplicate stuff by saying I'm alive, I'm doing shit and then I'll die and i won't do shit..... It's by far the easiest explanation as to what's going on in my life, as long as you can grasp one fact that your not that bloody important in the grand scheme of things.... It works great

Everything is just atoms, so in that respect we will all come back, we have always been here & we always will..

We are atheists, we have morals, know right from wrong, so I don't need a God to protect or look to or live my life by the teachings of, I live my life trying not to harm others, if I'm wrong & there is a just God he will welcome me anyway if he doesn't fuck him as he'll be no god I would want to have followed anyway

One of my favorite song lyrics

"What if god is real but religions one big lie?" - Everlast

S"

I like this

God and religon are two different things

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Hell yes karma comes round

Yessss!!! I want it to be true

No. But I do believe that on balance, the more that you are nice to other people and the more positive an outlook you have, the more that is reflected back to you.

And vice versa.

Ive enjoyed reading this thread

West Wales

"No. But I do believe that on balance, the more that you are nice to other people and the more positive an outlook you have, the more that is reflected back to you.

And vice versa."

S

I said this to someone today.

I always thought i wasnt religious well in fact i always said i wasnt.

Until i changed the word religion to the word faith and i very much have a faith its just not the religion and god i grew uo thinking i should believe in. I realized my faith cant be pigeon holed

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

You can attract good things in life

But also unfortunately perfect ly awful things in to your life aswell. Let the perfect ly awful things in life disappear as they mean nothing.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

All the bad things that happen to good people are balanced out by the good things that happen to bad people.

Something like that?

Oh yes I bloody do !

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

If karma was a real thing,why is that drug dealer,still running around in that Bentley.

He's definitely not shitting himself,waiting for karma to happen.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think psychologically, we programme ourselves with something like karma, whenever we do bad things - especially against others.

There is no escape from our own minds, so we create our own future unhappiness. Acquiring lots of material wealth, whilst ever more dead on the inside and unable to form really deep trust and love with others around you, is too high a price to pay.

Be free, be generous and do good for others. It doesn't matter if you have an imbalance, this life is sustainable and healthy.

yes but im still waiting for it with one person

» Add a new message to this topic