FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Made in the eu

Made in the eu

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I was at work this morning. I was sorting the food at the warehouse from the lorry and this was the first time I noticed that a label on a product said "Made in the eu", it was dog food, it didn't say what country, so where in the eu you think it would been made at? The change have come since brexit, so it cant been made in england.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Many products have had that for ages Shag, certainly pre Brexit.

I've noticed it a long time ago - and you're right it's non specific about where. I assume it means 'not in the U.K.' being the cynic I am!

Anywhere?

We haven't actually left the eu yet, that's gunna take a couple of years.

"Many products have had that for ages Shag, certainly pre Brexit.

I've noticed it a long time ago - and you're right it's non specific about where. I assume it means 'not in the U.K.' being the cynic I am! "

I see and yes maibe I just noticed it and didn't see it before and yeah it could be many countries that have had been part of making the product.

"We haven't actually left the eu yet, that's gunna take a couple of years."
That is right as well, more than 2 years I think.

"Anywhere? "
Yeah, strange aint it

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Many products have made in EU labels, I'd imagine it would be one of the cheapest country's for labour is where it is made, a lot of things are made in Poland. Dell lg and various others are Poland.

Hence why a lot of things are not made in england as labour costs more than there. One worker in a EU country could earn just a few euros a day for a full 12hr factory shift. I have storys from Bulgaria Poland Estonia Romania Lithuania etc.. all tell me how little they have been paid by large company's such as above, hence why so many come here.

"Many products have made in EU labels, I'd imagine it would be one of the cheapest country's for labour is where it is made, a lot of things are made in Poland. Dell lg and various others are Poland.

Hence why a lot of things are not made in england as labour costs more than there. One worker in a EU country could earn just a few euros a day for a full 12hr factory shift. I have storys from Bulgaria Poland Estonia Romania Lithuania etc.. all tell me how little they have been paid by large company's such as above, hence why so many come here."

» Add a new message to this topic