FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lesson learnt

Lesson learnt

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ngandnick OP   Couple  over a year ago

Haverhill

I (Mrs) received a message on Facebook this morning from a guy saying he couldn't message us on here but really wanted to meet.

Whilst we accept that having public pics of our faces on fab leaves us open to being recognised by people we may know it never crossed our minds that it would go beyond Fab and that someone would search for us elsewhere, so lesson learnt!!!!! We have now hidden our face pics and yes we know the horse has bolted but a bit unnerving and left wondering why someone would go to those lengths to find you elsewhere.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

sorry to hear that and what an absolute plonker he sounds!

Yes, be safe people! I'm still perplexed about the number of people who were vocally upset about public pics at Swingfields potentially outing them to friends and family yet STILL have their face pics on clear display in their public gallery!

Take your online security seriously people!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Kinda get where you are coming from as I got a message yesterday on here from someone telling me about a profile name on here using my pics! I assumed the idiot doing it would have at least blocked me but no, they were there bold as brass!!!

Reported and sent message sternly tearing them a new one and the profile rapidly got deleted but it got me wondering if anyone else has done the same with me never knowing!?

By *ikeyb368Man  over a year ago

Cottingham

This is not the only site that it happens on. I googled my username and up came my profile on about 3 sites that I am on.

Privacy settings, mine are all on here and on Facebook so I can't be found via any search engine.

Haverhill

Thing is we are not embarrassed about our life choices and have always thought that if someone recognises us on here then hey ho!

It's more of a worry that someone would be that determined to find you for a meet--- that person now knows more about me than they would from here.

Haverhill

"Privacy settings, mine are all on here and on Facebook so I can't be found via any search engine."

Ours were too, we can only think that we were stupid enough to use a couple picture on here that we have also used on Facebook

Lesson definitely learnt!!!!!

"This is not the only site that it happens on. I googled my username and up came my profile on about 3 sites that I am on.

"

Really? Fake accounts on other sites?

I've just Googled my user name and there's a DanBerks on Twatter but it isn't me

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Kinda get where you are coming from as I got a message yesterday on here from someone telling me about a profile name on here using my pics! I assumed the idiot doing it would have at least blocked me but no, they were there bold as brass!!!

Reported and sent message sternly tearing them a new one and the profile rapidly got deleted but it got me wondering if anyone else has done the same with me never knowing!? "

try google searching or tineyeing your images can reveal alot

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Kinda get where you are coming from as I got a message yesterday on here from someone telling me about a profile name on here using my pics! I assumed the idiot doing it would have at least blocked me but no, they were there bold as brass!!!

Reported and sent message sternly tearing them a new one and the profile rapidly got deleted but it got me wondering if anyone else has done the same with me never knowing!? try google searching or tineyeing your images can reveal alot "

I may just have to when I am home - as I'm away on holiday at the moment. Made for a not so relaxing evening when I knew what had happened!!

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Ollerton

I have just searched my LinkedIn profile pic out of curiosity and found 2 other profiles using my pic on their profile?

» Add a new message to this topic