FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If you saw....

If you saw....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

A fight on the street, would you intervene?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

In a fair fight no if it's going to far then yes

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not unless someone was seriously in danger, ie getting their head stamped on while they were on the ground. Just a 1 on 1 punch up probably not.

Mind you, I'm too old for all that shit now anyway.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I never do. Seen quite a few round here and it's actually a quiet area.

If people wanna act like that i leave them to it.

Manchester

"Not unless someone was seriously in danger, ie getting their head stamped on while they were on the ground. Just a 1 on 1 punch up probably not.

Mind you, I'm too old for all that shit now anyway."

Bloody el we agree on something

Yes, I have done before. A man was having a go, shouting, kicking at his girlfriend and she flagged down my car and looked petrified. I told her to get in and took her to nearest phone box so she could call for help and stayed with her as she was distraught.

This was years ago before mobile phones etc.

Yeah I would break it up before someone got hurt

Definatley

I regret this to this day.

10 years ago i was at a friends house helping him change a tyre. He lived by a college a fight broke out between two lads we both headed over to break it up after a moments hesitation one of the lads took a punch to the head went down like a ton of bricks unconscious. Ambulance etc was called subsequently we found out he had a bleed to the brain and died.

You keep thinking to yourself if i had got there quicker and my friend feels the same way.

So i would definitely break it up their are other ways to solve issues

"Yes, I have done before. A man was having a go, shouting, kicking at his girlfriend and she flagged down my car and looked petrified. I told her to get in and took her to nearest phone box so she could call for help and stayed with her as she was distraught.

"

couple of years back i tried intervening on an bloke assaulting his gf in the street

She was screaming for help. I went over shouting the odds to him and SHE turned on me

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Not unless someone was seriously in danger, ie getting their head stamped on while they were on the ground. Just a 1 on 1 punch up probably not.

Bloody el we agree on something "

There's a first time for everything I suppose

Manchester

There's a first time for everything I suppose "

Let's not make a habit of it though

I heard a domestic argument recently from a woman who although lives in my street i dont know her. She was shouting and screaming at someone. when i walked passed her home.a man came running out and i asked if he was alright. He told me that shes an alcoholic and makes hes life hell. I told him to leave her. I did with my ex who drank.

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Definatley

10 years ago i was at a friends house helping him change a tyre. He lived by a college a fight broke out between two lads we both headed over to break it up after a moments hesitation one of the lads took a punch to the head went down like a ton of bricks unconscious. Ambulance etc was called subsequently we found out he had a bleed to the brain and died.

You keep thinking to yourself if i had got there quicker and my friend feels the same way.

So i would definitely break it up their are other ways to solve issues "

Sorry to hear that, I know how things like that can stay with you.

"Definatley

So i would definitely break it up their are other ways to solve issues "

I meant i regret not getting there in time to break it up

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"I heard a domestic argument recently from a woman who although lives in my street i dont know her. She was shouting and screaming at someone. when i walked passed her home.a man came running out and i asked if he was alright. He told me that shes an alcoholic and makes hes life hell. I told him to leave her. I did with my ex who drank. "

Or she had finally had enough of his shit. You never know the truth in these situations

Not usually but I was walking past two smallish teenage girls who were tearing each others hair out and stepped in. Probably comes from years of working in a secondary school and intervening. I wouldn't if it were adults or big teenagers. I'm not strong enough and don't want my head kicked in. If I thought it was getting out of hand I would call the police. Too many people carry knives nowadays and I'm no hero.

I learned the hard way what hapoens when you get involved, in a pub i used tonwork a lad grabbed his mrs by the throat shouting at her i dragged him off and threatened to smack him and she kicked me in the knackers and told me to mind my own! It was a weird night

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There's a first time for everything I suppose

Let's not make a habit of it though "

Right, out in the carpark now

Depends on a number of factors - too numerous to list each scenario here. So : possibly!

Where I live? No not really. Grown up surrounded by it and now no one bats an eyelid.

"I learned the hard way what hapoens when you get involved, in a pub i used tonwork a lad grabbed his mrs by the throat shouting at her i dragged him off and threatened to smack him and she kicked me in the knackers and told me to mind my own! It was a weird night "

I've heard of the woman turning on her 'rescuer' quite a few times

"Yes, I have done before. A man was having a go, shouting, kicking at his girlfriend and she flagged down my car and looked petrified. I told her to get in and took her to nearest phone box so she could call for help and stayed with her as she was distraught.

couple of years back i tried intervening on an bloke assaulting his gf in the street

She was screaming for help. I went over shouting the odds to him and SHE turned on me

"

It's surprisingly common. I'd be more likely to help a guy in a mismatched fight than a woman for that reason. If they are well matched then let them go at it.

"Definatley

I meant i regret not getting there in time to break it up "

There's no such concept as saving a life, only postponing death. You hear about these 'one punch deaths' and if it didn't happen that day then it would have happened in the not so distant future for him.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"Definatley

There's no such concept as saving a life, only postponing death. You hear about these 'one punch deaths' and if it didn't happen that day then it would have happened in the not so distant future for him. "

"Definatley

There's no such concept as saving a life, only postponing death. You hear about these 'one punch deaths' and if it didn't happen that day then it would have happened in the not so distant future for him. "

Some people believe in fate others believe in your death is already written. Their is nothing wrong with that.

However if i can do so something about about a certain situation i will.

If his death was written it may of happened in another way.

Think about the effect it had on other people and i am not talking about myself.

I used to be a door man so yes more than likely

If its a man hotting a woman ,yes .

I can't abide men.who hit women !

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yup. I wouldn't be able to help myself.

Yes although it's nearly caused me harm a few times.

Stepping between a guy and an ashtray when I was barmaid wasn't my brightest idea but no one else was helping.

I understand why people don't intervene though.

If it's two people scrapping then fair enough but seeing someone getting attacked is hard to see.

If you're not prepared to risk getting punched it's best to stay out of it.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm assuming taking bets and then doing one's best Come dine with Me commentary is inappropriate?

I have done, work mates son was taking a beating. Gobby arrogant little arsehole, if it had been 1 on 1 I'd have left him 2 it but 3 to isn't a fair fight.

"Definatley

There's no such concept as saving a life, only postponing death. You hear about these 'one punch deaths' and if it didn't happen that day then it would have happened in the not so distant future for him.

Some people believe in fate others believe in your death is already written. Their is nothing wrong with that.

Think about the effect it had on other people and i am not talking about myself. "

I'm not really talking about fate, just that some people have what we call a 'glass chin'. They shouldn't really get in fights in the first place but they probably aren't aware of their condition. If you have one then sooner or later...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

People dont fight like they used to. It used to be one on one fisticuffs when one had had enough they would shake hands.

"Definatley

Think about the effect it had on other people and i am not talking about myself.

I'm not really talking about fate, just that some people have what we call a 'glass chin'. They shouldn't really get in fights in the first place but they probably aren't aware of their condition. If you have one then sooner or later... "

Maybe the guy wasnt looking for it i didnt see him be overly agressive the aggressor was the other party he was trying to walk away

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

"

Similar thing happened to me !

"A fight on the street, would you intervene? "

Depends on the circumstances, got involved before then got shouted at for helping!

Id like to think if i was getting kicked in someone would help!

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"Definatley

I'm not really talking about fate, just that some people have what we call a 'glass chin'. They shouldn't really get in fights in the first place but they probably aren't aware of their condition. If you have one then sooner or later... "

Everyone has a glass chin to a certain extent, if they are not expecting or don't see the punch coming...

"Definatley

I'm not really talking about fate, just that some people have what we call a 'glass chin'. They shouldn't really get in fights in the first place but they probably aren't aware of their condition. If you have one then sooner or later...

Everyone has a glass chin to a certain extent, if they are not expecting or don't see the punch coming..."

That's true but some people are just biology more susceptible to damage. For example, if you've had concussions in the past (e.g. from a car accident) then a punch can do a lot more damage to you than it would otherwise

"Definatley

Maybe the guy wasnt looking for it i didnt see him be overly agressive the aggressor was the other party he was trying to walk away "

That's unfortunate but who knows what the back story was. I wouldn't dwell on it if I were you. If your aunty had bollocks then she'd be your uncle. There's no real way to know you could have made a difference. You just feel you could have because you're probably a nice chap.

"Definatley

Everyone has a glass chin to a certain extent, if they are not expecting or don't see the punch coming...

That's true but some people are just biology more susceptible to damage. For example, if you've had concussions in the past (e.g. from a car accident) then a punch can do a lot more damage to you than it would otherwise "

well unless we all walk round with crash helmets on our heads incase someone punches us how would anyone know they could be one of the unlucky ones. A very sad unfortunate tragedy

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

I have done in the past but feeling a bit too old for it now!

I was attacked myself in the city centre at about 1pm in the afternoon by a bloke with mental health problems (he told the police 'god told him to do it!')...

People just walked past....luckily I got him to the ground before police arrived! If a home match had not been on I could have been stuck there for a while

I'd like to think I would but in reality probably not. If I did I would summons assistance and go in heavy handed.

I most certainly wouldn't get involved in a domestic unless I was in the mood to have both of them turn on me and attack me, which is often the outcome in such matters.

"Definatley

Maybe the guy wasnt looking for it i didnt see him be overly agressive the aggressor was the other party he was trying to walk away

That's unfortunate but who knows what the back story was. I wouldn't dwell on it if I were you. If your aunty had bollocks then she'd be your uncle. There's no real way to know you could have made a difference. You just feel you could have because you're probably a nice chap. "

and also be normal i think it would of affected a lot of people

By *hesexpeopleCouple  over a year ago

s wales

I've stepped in before and will do again, a guy outside a club had his girlfriend against a wall by her throat, she was crying and pleading with him to calm down, so I went over to try to calm it down, he did eventually but only after giving me a very thick lip

If it's two blokes then I'd give it a miss as it would probably result in getting my own head kicked in. If it were two ladies and the fight was on the lower scale of serious then just add paddling pool and baby oil.

Was abroad in a restaurant with the wife when a guy came in to the restaurant and attacked the owner, picked up an advertising board from outside smashed him over the head with it and attacked him with a pool cue. I stepped in several times, kept pushing him away and eventually he ran off. The restaurant owner took a bit of damage and some nasty cuts and bruises but treated me to a drink and knocked some money off our bill.

nope

Depends on the circumstances to be honest.

Ive seen teenagers turn on one person whos with them ive stepped in a few times like that x

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I have in the past but it was a huge man beating up his tiny partner. I was in my car so safe but shouted that he was a bully & should stop. I then called the police

Yes, we have and i suspect would do again. Mind you simply recording the fight on your phone can be an effective intervention. Actually calling the cops, rather than just threatening to works as well.

It depends on the circumstances. I daresay there's a lot of white Knights proclaiming how they'd step in but Street violence can go downhill very quickly and sometimes intervention makes you the target.

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

yes I have in the past and would in the future .

Yep, did just the other day.

Some lad started on a old trans woman pushed her she hit him with her hand bag, his mate rushed over and tackled the woman and tried to stamp on her, I dragged him off and held him while others held the other lad.

Everyone mouthed off for a bit then dispersed thier seperate ways.

But it does depend on the situation.

2 d*unk blokes arguing and mabey knocking fuck out of each other, no I'd probbaly not get involved cause its their issue.

unless its one down and the other stamping on him.

2 on 1 or a very unfair fight ie a d*unk fit man going after a woman,trans or elderly person yes.

"Definatley

Its not thier chin though or thiet biology.

Its that fact that they are unconscious.

If you fall straight backward without any attempt to protect yourself (ie unconscious) the speed an momentum your head has when it hits the concrete is sufficient to cause brain injury and death.

Its not the punch its the fall

"Definatley

Not if he never got punched again.

"Definatley

Its not thier chin though or thiet biology.

Its that fact that they are unconscious.

If you fall straight backward without any attempt to protect yourself (ie unconscious) the speed an momentum your head has when it hits the concrete is sufficient to cause brain injury and death.

Its not the punch its the fall"

It's not the fall that makes them unconscious!!

» Add a new message to this topic