FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pussy help needed

Pussy help needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellowbabes OP   Couple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

So the cat is poorly...trip to the vet and £50 later, we have eye drops for the snarling, spitting 17lb lump of teeth and claws....this ain't gonna end well, any pussy lover got a suggestion as to how???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Swaddle the cat in a towel or blanket and just do it as quickly as you can.... I had a dog that needed this doing and that was the only way.

Good luck!

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Have you wrapped him in a towel/blanket to stop yourself getting hurt?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Is there both of you there? If so wrap her in a teatowel a d cradle her like a baby and get the other to put the drops in

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

"Swaddle the cat in a towel or blanket and just do it as quickly as you can.... I had a dog that needed this doing and that was the only way.

Good luck!"

newport/cwmbran

Thank you, have to do the towel thing to get him in his travel box, distresses him and he always gets a swipe in!! Think gonna have to try it tho.....

"Thank you, have to do the towel thing to get him in his travel box, distresses him and he always gets a swipe in!! Think gonna have to try it tho....."

If he's that bad then just wear long sleeves and even gloves til you get him swaddled. And like I say do it as quickly as you can to reduce his distress.

If he's really not being helpful and becomes very distressed I would ask your vet if they are able to administer for you. One of my poorly dogs (I used to foster rescues) had such bad ears that my vet had to administer drops for the first few days. So that may be an option x

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Rope in a friend and one of you wears oven/gardening gloves to hold the cat while the other does the deed.

newport/cwmbran

"Thank you, have to do the towel thing to get him in his travel box, distresses him and he always gets a swipe in!! Think gonna have to try it tho.....

If he's that bad then just wear long sleeves and even gloves til you get him swaddled. And like I say do it as quickly as you can to reduce his distress.

If he's really not being helpful and becomes very distressed I would ask your vet if they are able to administer for you. One of my poorly dogs (I used to foster rescues) had such bad ears that my vet had to administer drops for the first few days. So that may be an option x"

Well had a go, swaddled and tried to be gentle, he has legged it in a frenzy of teeth and claws with the cream perfectly applied to the space between his eyes!!! Think will take your advice and ask the vet

"Thank you, have to do the towel thing to get him in his travel box, distresses him and he always gets a swipe in!! Think gonna have to try it tho.....

If he's really not being helpful and becomes very distressed I would ask your vet if they are able to administer for you. One of my poorly dogs (I used to foster rescues) had such bad ears that my vet had to administer drops for the first few days. So that may be an option x

Well had a go, swaddled and tried to be gentle, he has legged it in a frenzy of teeth and claws with the cream perfectly applied to the space between his eyes!!! Think will take your advice and ask the vet "

Yeah sometimes it's just too distressing for them. Good luck OP

"Swaddle the cat in a towel or blanket and just do it as quickly as you can.... I had a dog that needed this doing and that was the only way.

Good luck!"

Did you mean Strangle

Get a dog

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

We have just had to wrap ours in a towel at the vets.

She got really agitated whilst waiting to go in. Some numpty woman set next to me with her dog. Cleo was hissing, spitting and getting stressed out. They have separate seating areas for cats and dogs. We were in the cat area.

The vet had to get an assistant to help, wrap the towel round her head, hold her tight, whilst I held her back end. The deed was then duly done xxxxxx

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Get a dog. Your welcome

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Wrap him up as tight as you can without hurting him, those little buggers can wiggle out of anything.

I had great fun trying to get tablets and liquid meds down my cat after he had his front leg amputated.

Trying to hold him tight enough so I could dose him with pain meds quickly and easily so I didn't hurt him more than necessary and get him settled again quickly.

A nightmare which left me feeling sick and shaking like a leaf the first time..... bloody animal

Good luck!

Did you mean Strangle

"

Haha! I'd never suggest that

We have one just the same I find the swaddling and holding the skin at the back of the neck works as this is how mummy cat would move them about so they become a little more calm.

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

thier mums hold them by the scruff of the neck as kittens, their natural reaction is to freeze so that their mum can carry then with no wriggling to safety. so psychologically to a cat its mum being helpful.

so hold firmly by the scruff but make sure you are in a calm confident space first and talk in a low voice to the cat

good luck x

By *inkykouple2016Couple  over a year ago

moray

Thought this thread would be about something totally different. .......

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Thought this thread would be about something totally different. ......."

Me too, I feel let down, hahaha

Get 5 other people,one for each leg and one to hold the head still. Good luck

Sit the cat down and explain that it's for its own good and show it a treat it will get when it's all done.

By *orn_ball11Man  over a year ago

Portrush

Hide behind sofa... get your other half to sort... or friend... that's what I would do

By *orn_ball11Man  over a year ago

Portrush

If vet gives you go a head you could give it a sleeping tablets with its food ? If vet sees fit... & applie drops when asleep... lift cats eye lids ?

» Add a new message to this topic