FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holidays & Fabs

Holidays & Fabs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Inspired by another thread, when you're away do you still login to Fabs and social media like you do at home or do you use the holiday to have a break from the everyday?

I use my holiday as an opportunity to take a break from Fabs, mainly the forum as it does get a bit addictive at times.

I still look through facebook on a daily basis, have a skim read through, upload the occasional holiday photo...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My usage drops right off, I might browse briefly during a quiet moment in my room at the start or end of the day. I do remember waiting for a bus tour in the States last year piggybacking off a free wifi signal and arranging a meet for when I returned

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I log off everything

"My usage drops right off, I might browse briefly during a quiet moment in my room at the start or end of the day. I do remember waiting for a bus tour in the States last year piggybacking off a free wifi signal and arranging a meet for when I returned "

You ole smoothie, you

Might check my phone for texts in the evening before going out. Other than that I don't look at it and prefer to read a book or people watch which can be very entertaining.

Oops! I seem to have spent no less time on here as I lounge between beach sessions and evening drinksh!

"Might check my phone for texts in the evening before going out. Other than that I don't look at it and prefer to read a book or people watch which can be very entertaining. "

I find its my time to catch up on reading, I have 2 books on the go at the moment that need finishing!

People watching is a fave pastime of mine, luv it.

"I log off everything"

A real break from everything

"Oops! I seem to have spent no less time on here as I lounge between beach sessions and evening drinksh! "

If you're enjoying yourself, then why not

Is it something that pasts the time for you, like reading / people watching?

In the past I've had a strange obsession with checking who's near...somehow satisfying in seeing the nearest person 7000 miles away...aside from a few lurkers

Might check messages or post pics but that's about it.

"Might check my phone for texts in the evening before going out. Other than that I don't look at it and prefer to read a book or people watch which can be very entertaining.

I find its my time to catch up on reading, I have 2 books on the go at the moment that need finishing!

People watching is a fave pastime of mine, luv it. "

I'm always guessing about what people do for a living or where they might be from if I am on a beach or round a pool. You always end up with nicknames for people after a few days...Mr Rash Vest or Factor 100 etc

"Might check my phone for texts in the evening before going out. Other than that I don't look at it and prefer to read a book or people watch which can be very entertaining.

People watching is a fave pastime of mine, luv it. "

I like people watching, mostly this one woman.

My holidays are usually small countryside getaways where I switch off everything and use the time to read and write.

Depends if hotel has wifi

" In the past I've had a strange obsession with checking who's near...somehow satisfying in seeing the nearest person 7000 miles away...aside from a few lurkers "

That's quite a trek

who are the few lurkers, that's what I want to know!

I'm always guessing about what people do for a living or where they might be from if I am on a beach or round a pool. You always end up with nicknames for people after a few days...Mr Rash Vest or Factor 100 etc "

Yep I do that too!

Mr & Mrs Happy Chops

Irratating Kid No 1

" In the past I've had a strange obsession with checking who's near...somehow satisfying in seeing the nearest person 7000 miles away...aside from a few lurkers

That's quite a trek

who are the few lurkers, that's what I want to know!"

It's usually someone with a shadow avatar....they're constantly within a 100 or so miles. I'm not paranoid

"Oops! I seem to have spent no less time on here as I lounge between beach sessions and evening drinksh!

If you're enjoying yourself, then why not

Is it something that pasts the time for you, like reading / people watching?"

Yep! Guilty as charged!

It's a compelling time killer (in between occassional commenting) seeing what folk have to say on here.

I'm always guessing about what people do for a living or where they might be from if I am on a beach or round a pool. You always end up with nicknames for people after a few days...Mr Rash Vest or Factor 100 etc

Yep I do that too!

Mr & Mrs Happy Chops

Irratating Kid No 1

"

Ha ha yes irritating kid 1

Lots of little Tarquins and Jemimas at the last place I went to.

Fun to give everyone an accent or voice before you've heard them too.

I try my best not to succumb to the lure of fab...

But inevitably I always get sucked back in somehow

For my hols I go down to Somerset to see my family so I'll still check out fab when I can usually at nite. Xxx

"My usage drops right off, I might browse briefly during a quiet moment in my room at the start or end of the day. I do remember waiting for a bus tour in the States last year piggybacking off a free wifi signal and arranging a meet for when I returned "

Well piggybacks are fun

Generally I'll take some time away. Perhaps if I'm making arrangements for a meet but other than that no not much

I do if I'm on a holiday like I am at the moment but not if I'm on a sun sea and sand hol

"I do if I'm on a holiday like I am at the moment but not if I'm on a sun sea and sand hol "

Yep same here, if I'm on holiday but at home I'll carry on as normal, if I'm away whether in the UK or abroad that's when I log off.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"I do if I'm on a holiday like I am at the moment but not if I'm on a sun sea and sand hol

Yep same here, if I'm on holiday but at home I'll carry on as normal, if I'm away whether in the UK or abroad that's when I log off."

we are the other way always looking for a meet..but most are with family but on a singles profile ..lol..if she only knows that the text are....connie x

My internet usage is trivago or other hotel finding service, even then I tend to just ride Tull I see whatever the local term for vacancies is.

I'll find out very soon hopefully. Getting a passport in August and then it's holidays time .

I'll probably still visit the forums when WiFi will be available because they're indeed too addicting

Just got home from a week in Corfu where me and my 16 year old boy did a lot of people watching and speculating about occupations etc.

I can also read a novel in an afternoon while lazing about.

However I sleep a lot less than him so spent time on fab and found myself a new Dom (fingers crossed) and arranged the social meet for today.

If it's a holiday in the UK or the US then I might check in once in a while when I'm between things to do.

If it's a holiday anywhere else I don't check in at all. I don't have my phone with me and will only use my computer for work things.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I would say it depends where I am holidaying

If in uk - then yes

If abroad then yes as well - but less mainly due to the site being really slow, especially if looking at pics, reading forum - also depends if I am in Europe or not

I'm in Edinburgh with the parents so whilst I'm in my room and such I'm on but whilst I'm out n about or in the lounge with everyone I'm off

"Inspired by another thread, when you're away do you still login to Fabs and social media like you do at home or do you use the holiday to have a break from the everyday?

I use my holiday as an opportunity to take a break from Fabs, mainly the forum as it does get a bit addictive at times.

I still look through facebook on a daily basis, have a skim read through, upload the occasional holiday photo... "

I'm on holiday in tenerife and do occasionally just to see if anyone is here too.

"If it's a holiday in the UK or the US then I might check in once in a while when I'm between things to do.

If it's a holiday anywhere else I don't check in at all. I don't have my phone with me and will only use my computer for work things. "

Ever since I've had smartphone social media is so much more accessible 24/7, which is why I take a break when I'm away ~ at least from one form of it anyway..!

Depends on where I am and what I'm doing. The forums are much more entertaining than facebook or the news sites.

As I wake up at around 5.30 am on holiday I tend to just browse through all my social media whilst enjoying my early morning coffee but after that I tend not to look at phone or iPad for the rest of that day unless I get a boredom moment

"As I wake up at around 5.30 am on holiday I tend to just browse through all my social media whilst enjoying my early morning coffee but after that I tend not to look at phone or iPad for the rest of that day unless I get a boredom moment "

You're an early riser!

"Depends on where I am and what I'm doing. The forums are much more entertaining than facebook or the news sites. "

Indeed!!

"Inspired by another thread, when you're away do you still login to Fabs and social media like you do at home or do you use the holiday to have a break from the everyday?

I still look through facebook on a daily basis, have a skim read through, upload the occasional holiday photo...

I'm on holiday in tenerife and do occasionally just to see if anyone is here too. "

Switch on the 'who's near' ~ answer ~ within 10 feet

"As I wake up at around 5.30 am on holiday I tend to just browse through all my social media whilst enjoying my early morning coffee but after that I tend not to look at phone or iPad for the rest of that day unless I get a boredom moment

You're an early riser!"

Oh yes,you should see it sometime

WILTSHIRE

" Switch on the 'who's near' ~ answer ~ within 10 feet "

we had a hit today within 1 mile all excited sent message...only to find out they are passing on a cruise liner..lol..

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

I still look through facebook on a daily basis, have a skim read through, upload the occasional holiday photo... "

Lol this is me down to a tee, had a three week break...

I chesck fab everyday although emails come through to my phone lol

I'm very much on the same wavelength as you

By *anda92Couple  over a year ago

Stoke d'abernon

We found FAB very helpful in looking up and locating certain bars in PDI on Gran Canaria.

I log on while in the hotel room usually in between changing from morning clothes to evening clothes or when I have just woken up,

As for people watching I don't have to be on holiday to do that, It's a great way to pass the time,

I also like to spot the people who are people watching,

People watching the people watchers

Lol this is me down to a tee, had a three week break..."

"We found FAB very helpful in looking up and locating certain bars in PDI on Gran Canaria. "

Ah I see, so you use it to meet others when you're on holiday?

I'm very much on the same wavelength as you "

" Switch on the 'who's near' ~ answer ~ within 10 feet

we had a hit today within 1 mile all excited sent message...only to find out they are passing on a cruise liner..lol.. "

I have visions of you running down the beach waving & shouting 'Yoo hoo we're other here'

"I log on while in the hotel room usually in between changing from morning clothes to evening clothes or when I have just woken up,

As for people watching I don't have to be on holiday to do that, It's a great way to pass the time,

I also like to spot the people who are people watching,

People watching the people watchers "

I get what you mean.

Human behaviour is fascinating.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I've just been popping in & replying to select messages mainly. It's been too hot to get out of the pool (I hate water!!). I've uploaded pics to Facebook at night so family know we're ok.

"I've just been popping in & replying to select messages mainly. It's been too hot to get out of the pool (I hate water!!). I've uploaded pics to Facebook at night so family know we're ok. "

Oooh sounds lovely, too hot!!

That's the good thing about Facebook, it's easy to share things with family / friends in one go

I am currently sat by our pool in Croatia with a cold beer and some nibbles.

Mrs P is fast asleep on a sun lounger.

I do check in whilst on this sort of holiday as Mrs P likes to read a lot but I am more of an an evening reader.

I use my iPad to communicate with the kids back home then jump on here for a perv and a nose.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It depends. If I'm away with people then I don't come on here. If I'm away on my own and not on retreat then I will, especially if I'm arranging a meet as part of my holiday entertainment.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I try really hard to keep off here and fb etc when I'm on holiday but I suffer terribly from fomo so sometimes the urge to drop by takes over

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

If on holiday whether in the uk or abroad I tend not to, a break from the Internet is quite cathartic

Then I probably over do it when back to the real world.

"If on holiday whether in the uk or abroad I tend not to, a break from the Internet is quite cathartic

Then I probably over do it when back to the real world. "

Yes I find it cathartic, a change from the usual routine.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Arrive at hotel.

Throw phone in safe.

Leave it there until time to come home.

If I don't, work is forever phoning asking how to do this that and the other.

"Arrive at hotel.

Throw phone in safe.

Leave it there until time to come home.

If I don't, work is forever phoning asking how to do this that and the other. "

That's really switching off

WILTSHIRE

"It depends. If I'm away with people then I don't come on here. If I'm away on my own and not on retreat then I will, especially if I'm arranging a meet as part of my holiday entertainment.

"

holiday entertainment. our type of meet..connie

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

It wouldn't cross our minds to log on Fab while away on holiday.

A holiday for us is a break away from everything.

Roxi; will you miss me when I go on holiday at the weekend??

By *ex mad ladMan  over a year ago

Sussex

Who cares

"Roxi; will you miss me when I go on holiday at the weekend?? "

Absolutely

"Who cares "

Cares about what??

"It wouldn't cross our minds to log on Fab while away on holiday.

A holiday for us is a break away from everything.

"

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

I check messages even when away which is 0 lol i havent been anywhere new since 1999 i just go holidays in the uk mind hehe and i tend to just people watch

"Roxi; will you miss me when I go on holiday at the weekend??

Absolutely "

Aww shucks! I'll send you a "postcard".

» Add a new message to this topic