FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A Priest this time!

A Priest this time!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not Catholic so no bias in that direction from me. But killing a Priest in a church?

Have IS now gone too far for even the PC brigade to make excuses for them?

And no smart arse comments about Thomas A Beckett. That was best part of 900 years ago. We've moved on but Islamic beliefs clearly haven't.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Eh?

Outrage?

News link perhaps?

Glastonbury

There you go...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36892785

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm not Catholic so no bias in that direction from me. But killing a Priest in a church?

And no smart arse comments about Thomas A Beckett. That was best part of 900 years ago. We've moved on but Islamic beliefs clearly haven't."

I really do not think that the "PC brigade" have ever made excuses for them, have they?

What is that comment about? No right thinking person can possibly condone or "excuse" repellant behaviour.

Which of the "PC brigade" have you heard defending them?

"I'm not Catholic so no bias in that direction from me. But killing a Priest in a church?

And no smart arse comments about Thomas A Beckett. That was best part of 900 years ago. We've moved on but Islamic beliefs clearly haven't.

I really do not think that the "PC brigade" have ever made excuses for them, have they?

What is that comment about? No right thinking person can possibly condone or "excuse" repellant behaviour.

Which of the "PC brigade" have you heard defending them?"

You're just one of the PC brigade!!!

You're just one of the PC brigade!!! "

I am one of the PC brigade, god help me.

And I don't appreciate the OP implying that I have any sympathy with IS!

OP, whenever someone murders someone else it is sad and shocking. I don't think there is any excuse. What Daesh, and those acting in its name, do is horrendous and shameful. I don't think the killing of a priest is "going too far." I think a single murder is going too far. I think the murdering of children is going too far. I think the slaughter of innocent civilians is going too far. That goes for Daesh and everyone else.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

Police have killed the two that did it,two less in this world to do anything else good.

"Police have killed the two that did it,two less in this world to do anything else good. "

I assume that was meant as, "to do anything. Good," as opposed to, "to do anything good?"

Eats shoots and leaves.

Err - they were loners. They had mental health problems. They ate bacon sandwiches and drank alcohol. They're not real Muslims. They were depressed after fleeing a war-torn country. Anyone got any more of the usual excuses that are bound to come from the usual apologists?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

And no smart arse comments about Thomas A Beckett. That was best part of 900 years ago. We've moved on but Islamic beliefs clearly haven't."

not seen anyone on here making 'excuses' for such abhorrent vile act's..

sadly these will continue for some time I fear..

You're a f8cking idiot. What the hell are you going on about the pc brigade for?

"Err - they were loners. They had mental health problems. They ate bacon sandwiches and drank alcohol. They're not real Muslims. They were depressed after fleeing a war-torn country. Anyone got any more of the usual excuses that are bound to come from the usual apologists? "

I think most of the worldwide Muslim community would quite agree that they were not real Muslims. Those are not the words of an apologist.

Islam does not support terrorism under any circumstances,terrorism goes against every principle in Islam .If a Muslim engages in terrorism then he is not a true Muslim.

"Islam does not support terrorism under any circumstances,terrorism goes against every principle in Islam .If a Muslim engages in terrorism then he is not a true Muslim.

"

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou

"Islam does not support terrorism under any circumstances,terrorism goes against every principle in Islam .If a Muslim engages in terrorism then he is not a true Muslim.

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou "

A lot of IS. No Muslims.

I think you missed the point.

No those lot that seem to be doing it are not true Muslims,just murderers.

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou No those lot that seem to be doing it are not true Muslims,just murderers."

There's a lot of extremists in every religion.

Out of the billion or so Muslims around the world, its a small fraction that are terrorists, and as explained above, they're not true Muslims.

Has there been another mental health out brake in France ?

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"Err - they were loners. They had mental health problems. They ate bacon sandwiches and drank alcohol. They're not real Muslims. They were depressed after fleeing a war-torn country. Anyone got any more of the usual excuses that are bound to come from the usual apologists? "

"Has there been another mental health out brake in France ?"

Outbreak *

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou No those lot that seem to be doing it are not true Muslims,just murderers."

Not saying all Muslims are IS but saying they are not isn't true either

That would be like saying all Catholics are IRA

By *edRidingWolfCouple  over a year ago

Lydney

"OP, whenever someone murders someone else it is sad and shocking. I don't think there is any excuse. What Daesh, and those acting in its name, do is horrendous and shameful. I don't think the killing of a priest is "going too far." I think a single murder is going too far. I think the murdering of children is going too far. I think the slaughter of innocent civilians is going too far. That goes for Daesh and everyone else."

This!

"Err - they were loners. They had mental health problems. They ate bacon sandwiches and drank alcohol. They're not real Muslims. They were depressed after fleeing a war-torn country. Anyone got any more of the usual excuses that are bound to come from the usual apologists?

I think most of the worldwide Muslim community would quite agree that they were not real Muslims. Those are not the words of an apologist."

If they've studied the 5 pillars of Islam and been accepted by an Imam they're muslim until made apostate. It doesn't matter what the muslim community think - people will twist the tenets of their religion to whatever suits them. If you disagree, that's religious intolerance. If the killers believe that they're Muslims, that's what they are.

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou No those lot that seem to be doing it are not true Muslims,just murderers.

That would be like saying all Catholics are IRA"

I think you would do better to separate followers of a religion from violent terrorists.

It is an easy distinction to make.

Try exploring the Muslim religion - or Catholicism if you prefer - before lumping the two together.

If that is too hard for you to follow: try thinking about a true England football supporter who loves the sport (difficult as it may be). Now think of a violent thug who goes on tour to punch people of other nationalities. There is a difference, yes?

Clealy, you can't be bothered to read religious works.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My home town, where I grew up

sadly, slowly but surely mankind is killing this earth and killing each other

Edinburgh

"My home town, where I grew up "

And in my opinion, going too far is killing children. Making a detour in a truck to hit kids having innocent fun on a carousel 'is' going too far

Martin Luther king jr once said....Hate cannot drive out hate,only love can do that..We cannot allow disparity of the media coverage to blind us from the facts and turn us into hateful people,we are smarter than that .

Islam..A commitment to live in peace through submission to the will of god.

Muslim..A person who makes a commitment to live in peace through servitude to Allah.

Does seam to be a lot of them doing it thou No those lot that seem to be doing it are not true Muslims,just murderers.

I think you would do better to separate followers of a religion from violent terrorists.

Try exploring the Muslim religion - or Catholicism if you prefer - before lumping the two together.

If that is too hard for you to follow: try thinking about a true England football supporter who loves the sport (difficult as it may be). Now think of a violent thug who goes on tour to punch people of other nationalities. There is a difference, yes?

Clealy, you can't be bothered to read religious works."

Well looks like I got it totally wrong, Dash or IS are not Muslim at all then and IS don't follow sharia laws, bugger me who know.

Thank god you are here to put me right

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

It's a religious war, so makes sense that priests get targeted. Just because some fella wears a collar and claims to follow a giant sky fairy, shouldn't make it any different.

Though granted in some cultures harming the mad, is seen as bad form.

"Err - they were loners. They had mental health problems. They ate bacon sandwiches and drank alcohol. They're not real Muslims. They were depressed after fleeing a war-torn country. Anyone got any more of the usual excuses that are bound to come from the usual apologists?

I think most of the worldwide Muslim community would quite agree that they were not real Muslims. Those are not the words of an apologist.

If they've studied the 5 pillars of Islam and been accepted by an Imam they're muslim until made apostate. If the killers believe that they're Muslims, that's what they are.

"

Try telling that to a true believer and you will get a different response.

Just because an IS member believes they are following (or has, obviously incorrectly, studied) the tenets of the religion, does not mean they are Muslim.

Killing is not part of the Muslim religion anymore than buggering young children is part of Roman Catholicism.

How they _iew themselves is altogether different from how the followers of the religion _iew them.

Well looks like I got it totally wrong, Dash or IS are not Muslim at all then and IS don't follow sharia laws, bugger me who know.

Thank god you are here to put me right "

Try reading a little about the religions. You would learn a lot. If you prefer, go visit a place of religion. Rather than ranting.

Lyndhurst

Thank god you are here to put me right "

I could call myself a vegan.

I could go out, slaughter a pig and make myself a bacon sandwich.

Would that make me a vegan in the eyes of the vegan community?

Some folk seem to assume that anything remotely like sypathy/empathy for Muslims or middle eastern ethnic people is tantamount to defending IS/Daesh.

All just makes me pretty damn miserable and sad to be honest.

You covered that quite well...and predictably "they were not real muslims" has already been used three times on this thread at the last count!

And that seems odd because according to French TV the murderers wore Islamic clothes and shouted "Allah Akhbar" on the steps of the church. In fact it is also being reported that the elderly priest was beheaded which would also fit the tradition of Islamic State muslim savagery.

You covered that quite well...and predictably "they were not real muslims" has already been used three times on this thread at the last count!

And that seems odd because according to French TV the murderers wore Islamic clothes and shouted "Allah Akhbar" on the steps of the church. In fact it is also being reported that the elderly priest was beheaded which would also fit the tradition of Islamic State muslim savagery."

And if they had been Christians? Catholics? Hindus?

Try reading a little about the religions. You would learn a lot. If you prefer, go visit a place of religion. Rather than ranting."

It's not a rant, well maybe a little, but saying Dash is not Muslim is nuts.

Like all religitions down thought the times people turn them into would they feel is the truth, for them, Dash believe they are the true Muslims same as when we, Christians, in the crusades went and killed thousands of Muslim because they where "non believers"

None of it makes any sense and killing in the name of any religitions makes even less sense.

Glastonbury

Everyone still outraged?

"Everyone still outraged? "

Why what did you do now

Glastonbury

"Everyone still outraged?

Why what did you do now "

Touché

Try reading a little about the religions. You would learn a lot. If you prefer, go visit a place of religion. Rather than ranting.

It's not a rant, well maybe a little, but saying Dash is not Muslim is nuts.

Like all religitions down thought the times people turn them into would they feel is the truth, for them, Dash believe they are the true Muslims same as when we, Christians, in the crusades went and killed thousands of Muslim because they where "non believers"

None of it makes any sense and killing in the name of any religitions makes even less sense. "

The key point there was "in the name of any religion."

Vegans, bacon sandwiches ...

Tony Blair and George Bush. As a resident of a perceived 'Christian country' I'm ashamed of what they've done to a predominantly Muslim country. How many of us in the West still support what they did? What did it have to do with Christianity?

It's about time we stopped saying Isis and Muslim in the same breath. They're just thugs trying to exact some sort of twisted revenge. I'm sure most Muslims and people living in the 'Muslim world' are as ashamed of them as I am of Blair.

Take the Muslim and Christian facade out of it and we're left with bullies and thugs .

Let's try not to pigeonhole them into religions or let them have the 'glory' of a religion to stand behind.

Glastonbury

"Tony Blair and George Bush. As a resident of a perceived 'Christian country' I'm ashamed of what they've done to a predominantly Muslim country. How many of us in the West still support what they did? What did it have to do with Christianity?

It's about time we stopped saying Isis and Muslim in the same breath. They're just thugs trying to exact some sort of twisted revenge. I'm sure most Muslims and people living in the 'Muslim world' are as ashamed of them as I am of Blair.

Take the Muslim and Christian facade out of it and we're left with bullies and thugs .

Let's try not to pigeonhole them into religions or let them have the 'glory' of a religion to stand behind."

That's a good point, if inarticulated

"Tony Blair and George Bush. As a resident of a perceived 'Christian country' I'm ashamed of what they've done to a predominantly Muslim country. How many of us in the West still support what they did? What did it have to do with Christianity?

Let's try not to pigeonhole them into religions or let them have the 'glory' of a religion to stand behind."

The west created this monster I'm afraid, these actions will soon become the norm

Let's try not to pigeonhole them into religions or let them have the 'glory' of a religion to stand behind.

That's a good point, if inarticulated "

Actually, it was very well articulated.

Glastonbury

The west created this monster I'm afraid, these actions will soon become the norm "

There have always been threats to the body politic of the nation - be it right wing or left wing extremeists, Irish terrorists... going all the way back to anarchists and before.

Just because these ones have a different skin colour or profess to kill in the name of a particular god does NOT mean that everyone who's a bit similar in looks or religion is suspect.

The threat to our 'way of life' does not come from terrorists but how we react to them

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

violence is a disease that you will never cure whilst we continue to spread it but saddly untill the leaders of this world no matter what colour creed race or religion realise this we will continue with this foolish method of settling our differances rather than celebrating them

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"Has there been another mental health out brake in France ?"

'Mental health outbreak'???? What?

"Has there been another mental health out brake in France ?

'Mental health outbreak'???? What?"

After these attacks we are told the perpetrators have mental health issues. These attacks seem to be happening in quick succession of each other and in the same sort of areas. Therefore I am surmising there has been an outbreak of mental illness in these places, or maybe it fictitious reporting by auntie beeb.

Terrorism has risen dramatically in Britain in recent weeks. How else should we describe the horrible increase in so called 'hate crimes'?

Mental health issues....no just misinformed, misguided thugs.

After these attacks we are told the perpetrators have mental health issues. These attacks seem to be happening in quick succession of each other and in the same sort of areas. Therefore I am surmising there has been an outbreak of mental illness in these places, or maybe it fictitious reporting by auntie beeb. "

I can't think that anyone who was of mental well-being would participate in killing others. But that perhaps is a different debate. At some point, you just have to say they are beyond the pale and kill the fuckers before they kill any more of us fuckers.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The so called I.S. have said that the attack was carried out by two of their "Soldiers".... what a brave couple of soldiers they must have been, imagine how fearful they must have been at the thought of what an 80 year old pacifist might have done to them.

Cal

Edinburgh

After these attacks we are told the perpetrators have mental health issues. These attacks seem to be happening in quick succession of each other and in the same sort of areas. Therefore I am surmising there has been an outbreak of mental illness in these places, or maybe it fictitious reporting by auntie beeb. "

From what I have read (from the French news) we have not been told that either of these guys had mental issues.

And the attacks were not in the same sort of areas or circumstances quite the contrary actually or am I missing something??

BBC radio has now reported that the two debased nazi savages actually filmed their atrocities on the defenceless old priest and defenceless nun.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Sorry don't have it in me to mourn a priest no matter how violent it was

If I knew him and knew he was a good 'un I would alright but I'm suspicious of them all

"BBC radio has now reported that the two debased nazi savages actually filmed their atrocities on the defenceless old priest and defenceless nun. "

Aside of who is responsible I just hate to think what those poor people went through....

"BBC radio has now reported that the two debased nazi savages actually filmed their atrocities on the defenceless old priest and defenceless nun.

Aside of who is responsible I just hate to think what those poor people went through.... "

Hear, hear

If I may, to end a deep thoughtful thread with a spot of pedantic levity, OP it's Thomas Becket there's no "A" in the middle of his name.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Very very sad

Poor old soul x

Lyndhurst

"Very very sad

Poor old soul x "

"BBC radio has now reported that the two debased nazi savages actually filmed their atrocities on the defenceless old priest and defenceless nun.

Aside of who is responsible I just hate to think what those poor people went through....

Hear, hear

If I may, to end a deep thoughtful thread with a spot of pedantic levity, OP it's Thomas Becket there's no "A" in the middle of his name. "

My mind wandered back to a nice pub I used to frequent. Apologies for the error

Which of the "PC brigade" have you heard defending them?"

The PC brigade have made excuses on every post previously. If you haven't then you have no need to feel angered by my original post.

You are right. No right minded person can excuse this behaviour yet read the thread and people are trying to.

"I can't think that anyone who was of mental well-being would participate in killing others. But that perhaps is a different debate. At some point, you just have to say they are beyond the pale and kill the fuckers before they kill any more of us fuckers."

Quite a sweeping statement. If not a little insulting to many.

The ability, the drive, the conviction and the act of killing is possibly least related to mental well-being, rather more linked to ethical, geographical, social, educational, situational, circumstantial, moral development, growth and upbringing.

Everyone knows that murder is an atrocity OP, your comments above are quite offensive, why do you feel the need to bring up Thomas A Beckett..

PC brigade what's that all about??

Don't blame all Muslims for these terrible attacks, the vast majority of them are ordinary law abiding citizens, living in fear, I might add, from the backlash they get from this type of attacks. Terrorists are terrorists, plain and simple.

The PC brigade have made excuses on every post previously. If you haven't then you have no need to feel angered by my original post.

You are right. No right minded person can excuse this behaviour yet read the thread and people are trying to.

"

I don't see anybody excusing the behaviour.

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman  over a year ago

nottingham

i wonder how these scumbags would feel seeing one of their elderly relatives begging on their knees for their lives before being stabbed to death. *soldiers* my arse disgusting cowards is what they are, I hope they rot slowly in hell

Everyone knows that murder is an atrocity OP, your comments above are quite offensive, why do you feel the need to bring up Thomas A Beckett..

PC brigade what's that all about??

Don't blame all Muslims for these terrible attacks, the vast majority of them are ordinary law abiding citizens, living in fear, I might add, from the backlash they get from this type of attacks. Terrorists are terrorists, plain and simple. "

So why don't Muslims condemn it more and do more to try and stop it?

By *eneRoissyMan  over a year ago

Nailsworth

"

So why don't Muslims condemn it more and do more to try and stop it?"

They did condem it within hours of the new release...

The Muslim Council of Britain endorses the statement by the French Muslim civil society organisation Collectif Comtre L’Islamophobie en France (CCIF) in saying, ‘(We) stand in solidarity with the Catholic community’.

Nailsworth

I do get irritated by terms like the 'PC brigade' and 'lefty do gooders'... I always thought doing good was a virtue. Maybe I should spend more time doing bad and being politically incorrect

"I do get irritated by terms like the 'PC brigade' and 'lefty do gooders'... I always thought doing good was a virtue. Maybe I should spend more time doing bad and being politically incorrect "

politically incorrect is good

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I am pretty anti-religion so I do not care whether they killed a priest, imam, rabbi, police officer, doctor, child....it's all wrong.

By *lwaysraginghornyMan  over a year ago

bristol

No you moron. It's terrorists that are killing....a lot of terrorists.

Are white people part of the KKK? Are Irish people part of the IRA?

Don't be so ignorant.

Oh, and learn to spell.

Luton

The vast majority of Muslims are good people, who have no sympathy with the terrorists.

At the moment, the West is experiencing "Islamic fundementalist" terrorism.

Let us not forget that most religions, save perhaps Buddhism, and certainly all the Abrahamic religions have practised this. It is not inherent or endemic to one belief system.

Not good it happened and yes, it was muslims again and they wonder why trump gain popularity.

Nailsworth

It's an interesting comparison between the IRA and Daesh. I wish it was possible to learn the lessons from dealing with pervious terrorism, but this is so different I don't know if we can.

The IRA had a clear objective, a united Ireland, after 20 years of troubles it was finally brought to a close through jaw jaw rather than war war. As hard as it was a power sharing model was put in place that, whilst fragile, is holding. With Daesh it is not clear what they want or who we could sit down with, if we could and as hard as it might sound, that is what I'd hope we would do.

Secondly when the IRA started bombing the mainland I don't recall the RAF being mobilised to bomb Belfast, or target 'smart bombs' on the falls road. And yet our response to Daesh terrorism (mainly home grown) has been to bomb the shit out of Raqqa sending innocent civilians escaping into Europe.

I expect to get a lot of bile thrown at me for these observations but so be it.

"

The Muslim Council of Britain endorses the statement by the French Muslim civil society organisation Collectif Comtre L’Islamophobie en France (CCIF) in saying, ‘(We) stand in solidarity with the Catholic community’."

They might have endorsed the statement but you rarely see them on the news do you? Why are they not more high profile after these attacks, condemning the wankers and ridiculing them for what they are? If it makes one misguided youth think twice it would be worth it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

The Muslim Council of Britain endorses the statement by the French Muslim civil society organisation Collectif Comtre L’Islamophobie en France (CCIF) in saying, ‘(We) stand in solidarity with the Catholic community’."

this, every single atrocity has been roundly condemned by all the leaders of the muslim faith..

and yet some people choose to trot out the same line..

as for stopping it, the same could easily be wrongly said for whenever a child is abused and killed here or a person is murdered etc..

Luton

Someone I work with is an imam who works with an interfaith group and with the government to stop radicalisation.

But you won't see him on the news....

"Police have killed the two that did it,two less in this world to do anything else good. "

It's about time they started feeding the corpses to pigs.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

The West has a lot to answer for.

Yes, they (IS) are unruly kids. Let them get on with it and shit on their own doorstep. Spend our war funds on doing good stuff for us instead. Stop interfering in their business. Just.... stop. Let them raze their own little bit of earth into the ground.

Fuck 'em all. Sick of it now.

/end rant.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"My home town, where I grew up

And in my opinion, going too far is killing children. Making a detour in a truck to hit kids having innocent fun on a carousel 'is' going too far"

I thought that when Thomas Hamilton went into the school in Dunblane. Let's not make out that only Muslims do evil things.

Edinburgh

And in my opinion, going too far is killing children. Making a detour in a truck to hit kids having innocent fun on a carousel 'is' going too far

I thought that when Thomas Hamilton went into the school in Dunblane. Let's not make out that only Muslims do evil things."

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 20:53:21]

I thought that when Thomas Hamilton went into the school in Dunblane. Let's not make out that only Muslims do evil things."

Wasn't he mental rather than religious?

They did this evil thing.

"

Condemnation is an empty gesture. Anyone can sit at home and say "hmmmm, those Daesh fellows are bad, I don't wish to be associated with them". What the Islamic community need to do is stop haggling with the Jew's, stop haggling with each other and actually take affirmative action rather than condemning from afar.

MrWho.

"

The Muslim Council of Britain endorses the statement by the French Muslim civil society organisation Collectif Comtre L’Islamophobie en France (CCIF) in saying, ‘(We) stand in solidarity with the Catholic community’.

Condemnation is an empty gesture. Anyone can sit at home and say "hmmmm, those Daesh fellows are bad, I don't wish to be associated with them". What the Islamic community need to do is stop haggling with the Jew's, stop haggling with each other and actually take affirmative action rather than condemning from afar.

MrWho."

Clealy, you can't be bothered to read religious works."

Your conflating two issues.

There both English football supporters, one controls any instinct to punch somebody just because the game didn't go as there'd wished and the other can't wait to punch you win or lose!.

The two issues seem similar but in fact there miles apart, you see calling them extremists is only part of the problem, the other half of the problem is there fundermentalists and there following the fundermentals of their religion regardless of your morality, they belive there going to heaven doing good work....

What you think is immaterial

I thought that when Thomas Hamilton went into the school in Dunblane. Let's not make out that only Muslims do evil things.

Wasn't he mental rather than religious? "

I think highly religious people have a little bit of mentalness in all of them!!.... It's the nature of the game

Nailsworth

"What the Islamic community need to do is stop haggling with the Jew's, stop haggling with each other and actually take affirmative action rather than condemning from afar.

"

I so wanting something to change, but could you expand on the affirmative action that the Islamic community should take?

Rivers of blood...

No you moron. It's terrorists that are killing....a lot of terrorists.

Are white people part of the KKK? Are Irish people part of the IRA?

Don't be so ignorant.

Oh, and learn to spell.

"

do white people who join the kkk stop being white?

By *requent_FerryersCouple  over a year ago

Hull

"

You're a f8cking idiot. What the hell are you going on about the pc brigade for? "

Said the mild-mannered quiet young gentleman sitting in the corner. No reason to debate, to understand another _iewpoint let alone accept that another's opinion is valid...

Oh! Does that sound like the voice of reason? Or maybe it is the sound of nerves being jangled? The sound of chants heard in a marketplace?

By *tongueMan  over a year ago

wrexham

It will not take much more for the French to expel all Muslims they think are a risk.

Hull

"

Frightening!!

Quran (2:191-193) – “And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]… but if desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.”

Edinburgh

"It will not take much more for the French to expel all Muslims they think are a risk."

Think are at risk???

wrexham

"

MrWho.

"

You need to read the holy book. In it Muslims are told to spread the word of the profit over the whole face of the earth. In some versions if the non believer does not convert you can kill them. IS are doing that to Muslims becuase they dont follow their version of the book.

Bit like the Crusades.

Frightening!!

Quran (2:191-193) – “And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]… but if desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.”

"

That is right and it is all down to prophet muhammad and we all know what he was for person.

wrexham

No it wont they have done it before read recent history http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjv3fjWgZLOAhXBCMAKHQvvDIAQFggdMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.m.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FExpulsion_of_Romani_people_from_France&usg=AFQjCNFj4ONQeFzaZxBSqVZ7Ig2dJeEPOQ&sig2=4QAsAu27VJ8AGQKIBhDsPw

Nailsworth

"And no smart arse comments about Thomas A Beckett. That was best part of 900 years ago. We've moved on but Islamic beliefs clearly haven't."

I'm not going to be smart but an interesting reference to that being"900 years ago". In the Hirij calendar the year is currently 1437. There were some quite bloody battles going on a few century's ago fighting for the soul of Christianty and it strikes me that a similar battle is going on in this religions evolution for the soul of Islam. I know we are in the middle of it and people are dieing in high numbers and we have to find a way to stop it.

Perhaps what is needed is to find ways to help the "moderate Muslims" to frame a more liberal Islam that can counter that of the Jihadism.

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Apparently, there are quite a few men and women from all over the world, even some with no military experience who have given up jobs, homes, families etc and gone to fight ISIS. Those I have read about have expressed no religious affliction(sic)

So, just wondering, if you fancied going to fight for ISIS or Daesh or whatever they call themselves do you have to be a muslim or convert to it?

"Apparently, there are quite a few men and women from all over the world, even some with no military experience who have given up jobs, homes, families etc and gone to fight ISIS. Those I have read about have expressed no religious affliction(sic)

So, just wondering, if you fancied going to fight for ISIS or Daesh or whatever they call themselves do you have to be a muslim or convert to it?"

Just imagine the delightfully things they make you do to prove you're not faking.

Even if all terrorist attacks were carried out by Muslims,you still could not associate terrorism with Islam.When a d*unk driver causes a car accident we never blame the car manufacturer for the violent actions of that driver.This is because we understand that we cannot blame an entire car company that projuces millions of safe vehicles,just because one of their cars was hijacked by a reckless person who used it to cause harm.So what right do we Have to blame an entire religion of over 1 billion peaceful people because of the actions of the insignificant few .Yes terrorism is a real threat but it is incorrect to associate the words ..Muslim and terrorists...

Wolverhampton

Threads like these just expose some of the totally deluded and utterly blinkered attitude of Fab members.

Some forums of other 'interests' have banned these type of discussions.

Maybe we should do the same.

Nailsworth

"if you fancied going to fight for ISIS or Daesh or whatever they call themselves do you have to be a muslim or convert to it?"

Research suggests that recruiters tend not to target those who already hold strong Islamic beliefs or come from strong Muslim families. They look for the disaffected who don't have strong family ties and who are often ignorant of religion. They offer them a perverted purpose to those with little meaning in there lives. It's the same approach used in gang culture or other religious cults.

So no you don't have to be Muslim (a famous case was a French girl born into a catholic family) and you pledge allegence to IS and their warped version of Islam.

"Threads like these just expose some of the totally deluded and utterly blinkered attitude of Fab members.

Maybe we should do the same."

I find them a fascinating insight to the human mind

I went to Windsor the other day!

"What the Islamic community need to do is stop haggling with the Jew's, stop haggling with each other and actually take affirmative action rather than condemning from afar.

I so wanting something to change, but could you expand on the affirmative action that the Islamic community should take?"

If the entire Muslim Community condemn it and teach that tolerance is the only way forward then over time it will gradually dwindle out. The prople who do these attrocities need to realise it is wrong in the eyes of other Muslins and that they wont be greeted by a bunch of vigins but distain and contempt.

But the religion of Islam is stuck in the middle ages. Why be tolerant when you can have a good stoning instead. Why blame a man for having an affair or raping someone when its easier to publicly behead the woman. And so on.

Until they change their understanding of their religion and accept the world has moved on it wont change.

Evil bastxrds to murder an elderly priest in his church what an utter act of cowardist

Even hell is to good for them

Frightening!!

"

In fairness the bible isn't much better. Thats why we have the new testament and teach tolerance and not to take ot literally. Therein lies to difference.

Edinburgh

"Threads like these just expose some of the totally deluded and utterly blinkered attitude of Fab members.

Maybe we should do the same.

I find them a fascinating insight to the human mind "

Agreed.

I often wonder if half of the comments made on some of the 'sensitive' threads would be said out loud to the face of an interlocutor

"I went to Windsor the other day! "

"I went to Windsor the other day!

"

I got a nose bleed being that far North.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

The most shocking thing for me is that in over a 100 posts on this thread about Islamic fundamentalists is that only the smaller of 2 tragic incidents today has been discussed .

The other one is on most news web pages & 13 were killed .

maybe because they were not white the news isn't worth talking about.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

You still trying to make gain from racism? ....

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

It was unfortunately inevitable.

I say unfortunately as this does not have the purpose of creating fear or terror.

The purpose of this is to create anger and revenge.

ISIS are losing. They know this every one knows this.

They have killed 1000's of Muslims and just turned more and more away from their cause. They need to draw in more recruits and to do this they need to be seen as victims rather than the hateful, rapist, murdering pedophiles that they are.

The priest I'm sure would not want to be a nexus for anger or an emotional response.

It was one murder to sit alongside the many other murders and crimes they have undertaken. The best response is to arrest those responsible and jail them.

Keep squeezing ISIS from the air and let the locals kick them out on the ground.

Getting revenge or sending our soldiers over to wipe them out would just set us further back. We would be the aggressors.

72 virgins when they die...72 women who don't know how to suck cock in other words

You still trying to make gain from racism? ...."

Islam is not a race.

"OP, whenever someone murders someone else it is sad and shocking. I don't think there is any excuse. What Daesh, and those acting in its name, do is horrendous and shameful. I don't think the killing of a priest is "going too far." I think a single murder is going too far. I think the murdering of children is going too far. I think the slaughter of innocent civilians is going too far. That goes for Daesh and everyone else."

Just another sick and pointless suicide killer. Nothing is achieved except more misery and more deaths.

Frightening!!

In fairness the bible isn't much better. Thats why we have the new testament and teach tolerance and not to take ot literally. Therein lies to difference."

The old testament is the worst!.

My god it was the god of vengeance and jealousy and hypocrisy and anti science and apostasy and oooo homosexuals... The devil's love child!.

If you can't have scientifical objectivity there's no point to it.

Of course those that wish to push shit you can't scientifically objectify hate that principle... anybody for the dark ages!... No thought not

"if you fancied going to fight for ISIS or Daesh or whatever they call themselves do you have to be a muslim or convert to it?

Research suggests that recruiters tend not to target those who already hold strong Islamic beliefs or come from strong Muslim families.."

I will point you towards the pew polls done a few years ago.

I'm afraid it shows the situation worse than you could imagine

"72 virgins when they die...72 women who don't know how to suck cock in other words "

72 Susan boyles

By *asokittyWoman  over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"Sorry don't have it in me to mourn a priest no matter how violent it was

If I knew him and knew he was a good 'un I would alright but I'm suspicious of them all"

Why?

kildare

"i wonder how these scumbags would feel seeing one of their elderly relatives begging on their knees for their lives before being stabbed to death. *soldiers* my arse disgusting cowards is what they are, I hope they rot slowly in hell"

A lot of them have seen their relatives killed. Maybe by a bomb or a drone and not by knife but a death is a death

kildare

"Sorry don't have it in me to mourn a priest no matter how violent it was

If I knew him and knew he was a good 'un I would alright but I'm suspicious of them all

Why?"

Read the ferns report about their sexual abuse here. Likewise read into their abuse in US and austrailia. The reports on their continuing abuse in third world countries hasn't been written yet but it will

Until I know any different I'm suspicious of them all

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Time to ban all religion worldwide. Take back all the property and wealth and distribute it to the poor.

WH

"Even if all terrorist attacks were carried out by Muslims,you still could not associate terrorism with Islam.When a d*unk driver causes a car accident we never blame the car manufacturer for the violent actions of that driver.This is because we understand that we cannot blame an entire car company that projuces millions of safe vehicles,just because one of their cars was hijacked by a reckless person who used it to cause harm.So what right do we Have to blame an entire religion of over 1 billion peaceful people because of the actions of the insignificant few .Yes terrorism is a real threat but it is incorrect to associate the words ..Muslim and terrorists..."

Yes, in fact Islam is often referred to as 'the religion of peace'!? But you can find evidence to the contrary and the predisposition of some of its members to religiously motivated hatred and murder on the website of the very same name.

The fact that anybody 'hides' behind a said religious belief to carry out any form of violence or act of murder should tell us that religion is futile.

The whole religious idea is myth and farce, it is a human facile excuse to try to affect power and coerce insecure people to believe that there is an after life. Just live and let live and in time we will all find out what happens

kildare

"The fact that anybody 'hides' behind a said religious belief to carry out any form of violence or act of murder should tell us that religion is futile.

The whole religious idea is myth and farce, it is a human facile excuse to try to affect power and coerce insecure people to believe that there is an after life. Just live and let live and in time we will all find out what happens"

You already said there's no afterlife so you don't have to wait and die to see what happen,you already believe

There very well might be a glorious afterlife

No you're right, Islam doesn't support terrorism.... it ignores it.

The Americans accidentally burn a qur'an.... Muslims were outraged

Charlie Hebdo print a cartoon of Muhammed..... Muslims were outraged

Two Muslims execute a priest...... Muslims are silent.

There's a lot of extremists in every religion.

Out of the billion or so Muslims around the world, its a small fraction that are terrorists, and as explained above, they're not true Muslims. "

Muslims murder Christians , Christians murder Muslims, all in the name of religion, it's been happening for thousands of years. Until we all become Buddhists we are fucked

Edinburgh

" Until we all become Buddhists we are fucked "

From reading some of the comments on here and the politics forum... Seems to me we are fucked no matter what... And not in a good way

" Until we all become Buddhists we are fucked

From reading some of the comments on here and the politics forum... Seems to me we are fucked no matter what... And not in a good way "

nah. We just need to stop being obsessed with negative news,and learn to debate, resolve and accept differences as opposed to looking to take offence or jump on everyone who doesn't quite town the latest fashionable way to behave.

It's always going to be obvious who's behaving in an obviously inappropriate manner and needs to be addressed.

"Even if all terrorist attacks were carried out by Muslims,you still could not associate terrorism with Islam.When a d*unk driver causes a car accident we never blame the car manufacturer for the violent actions of that driver.This is because we understand that we cannot blame an entire car company that projuces millions of safe vehicles,just because one of their cars was hijacked by a reckless person who used it to cause harm.So what right do we Have to blame an entire religion of over 1 billion peaceful people because of the actions of the insignificant few .Yes terrorism is a real threat but it is incorrect to associate the words ..Muslim and terrorists..."

No one is saying all Muslims are terrorists... but at this moment in time the majority of terrorists are Muslims.

"

There is friction between Buddhism and Islam that has killed hundreds, mostly Muslims. The violence is being fanned by extremist Buddhist monks, who preach a dangerous form of religious chauvinism to their followers.

The following is from a Time magazine article from 2013.

Over the past year in Buddhist-majority Burma, scores, if not hundreds, have been killed in communal clashes, with Muslims suffering the most casualties. Burmese monks were seen goading on Buddhist mobs, while some suspect the authorities of having stoked the violence — a charge the country’s new quasi-civilian government denies. In Sri Lanka, where a conservative, pro-Buddhist government reigns, Buddhist nationalist groups are operating with apparent impunity, looting Muslim and Christian establishments and calling for restrictions to be placed on the 9% of the country that is Muslim. Meanwhile in Thailand’s deep south, where a Muslim insurgency has claimed some 5,000 lives since 2004, desperate Buddhist clerics are retreating into their temples with Thai soldiers at their side. Their fear is understandable. But the close relationship between temple and state is further dividing this already anxious region.

As the violence mounts, will Buddhists draw inspiration from their faith’s sutras of compassion and peace to counter religious chauvinism? Or will they succumb to the hate speech of radical monks like Burma’s Wirathu, who goads his followers to “rise up” against Islam? The world’s judgment awaits.

"Even if all terrorist attacks were carried out by Muslims,you still could not associate terrorism with Islam.When a d*unk driver causes a car accident we never blame the car manufacturer for the violent actions of that driver.This is because we understand that we cannot blame an entire car company that projuces millions of safe vehicles,just because one of their cars was hijacked by a reckless person who used it to cause harm.So what right do we Have to blame an entire religion of over 1 billion peaceful people because of the actions of the insignificant few .Yes terrorism is a real threat but it is incorrect to associate the words ..Muslim and terrorists...

No one is saying all Muslims are terrorists... but at this moment in time the majority of terrorists are Muslims."

There's no denying that many acts of terrorism are being conducted in the name of Islam...that's a fact.

The issue that needs addressing is why those INDIVIDUALS believe they are doing a just act.

It's not due to religion. It's due to detachment from society. Hatred. Lack of meaning in life. Mental health. Being impressionable.

Many of these individuals were once children and part of society. Somewhere they lost their way. Be it as a result of heinous acts of war or life's path. It's society as a whole who's responsible and who needs to adjust...not just one sector of it.

There is friction between Buddhism and Islam that has killed hundreds, mostly Muslims. The violence is being fanned by extremist Buddhist monks, who preach a dangerous form of religious chauvinism to their followers.

Over the past year in Buddhist-majority Burma, scores, if not hundreds, have been killed in communal clashes, with Muslims suffering the most casualties. Burmese monks were seen goading on Buddhist mobs, while some suspect the authorities of having stoked the violence — a charge the country’s new quasi-civilian government denies. In Sri Lanka, where a conservative, pro-Buddhist government reigns, Buddhist nationalist groups are operating with apparent impunity, looting Muslim and Christian establishments and calling for restrictions to be placed on the 9% of the country that is Muslim. Meanwhile in Thailand’s deep south, where a Muslim insurgency has claimed some 5,000 lives since 2004, desperate Buddhist clerics are retreating into their temples with Thai soldiers at their side. Their fear is understandable. But the close relationship between temple and state is further dividing this already anxious region.

As the violence mounts, will Buddhists draw inspiration from their faith’s sutras of compassion and peace to counter religious chauvinism? Or will they succumb to the hate speech of radical monks like Burma’s Wirathu, who goads his followers to “rise up” against Islam? The world’s judgment awaits."

What is your point

Edinburgh

From reading some of the comments on here and the politics forum... Seems to me we are fucked no matter what... And not in a good way

nah. We just need to stop being obsessed with negative news,and learn to debate, resolve and accept differences as opposed to looking to take offence or jump on everyone who doesn't quite town the latest fashionable way to behave.

It's always going to be obvious who's behaving in an obviously inappropriate manner and needs to be addressed."

And you think some people are going to stop doing that??!!

'Take accept differences' when do you see that stopping?!

Am a positive girl but recently I have seen no evidence ( and I mean in general) that it will ever happen that people will accept differences.

But that's my opinion and I respect yours

It's always going to be obvious who's behaving in an obviously inappropriate manner and needs to be addressed.

And you think some people are going to stop doing that??!!

'Take accept differences' when do you see that stopping?!

Am a positive girl but recently I have seen no evidence ( and I mean in general) that it will ever happen that people will accept differences.

But that's my opinion and I respect yours "

I know where you're coming from. But let's be honest there's 60 plus million in this country and whilst we don't all like eachother,we are mostly going about our business.

I read plenty on the forums that raises my eyebrow or make me tut...but I just move onto another thread.

No were never going to fix the world. But we can start by fixing ourselves. I didn't take any offence to you having a different take on things. We just debated didn't we? In fact I'd still fab one of your pics!

Wolverhampton

These 'members of a medieval death cult' have been holding the world to ransom for quite a while.

So what do they want? Maybe if we listened to their demands, discussed terms, an accommodation could be found.

By *mojeeCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I'm a non believer in the religious sense so I don't see how murdering a priest in a church is any different than murdering any worker in their work place. It's horrific but just because it's a priest the media will cover it a a lot more than other stories

"These 'members of a medieval death cult' have been holding the world to ransom for quite a while.

So what do they want? Maybe if we listened to their demands, discussed terms, an accommodation could be found.

"

If they murder frail priests, slit the throats of nuns, stone adulterers and throw homosexuals off buildings (to name but a few)...what do you think they would do to you and me as swingers if they were given power!?

(Moderate!!!!) Iran has just hired an extra 7000 plainclothes religious police to investigate and prosecute people who have attended MIXED GENDER parties (what we call 'parties' in the filthy West!?) in Tehran...where HALF NAKED women (i.e. women not wearing a hijab!?) have been in attendance.

Do you still think we should listen to the demands of these death cult fascists?

"I'm a non believer in the religious sense so I don't see how murdering a priest in a church is any different than murdering any worker in their work place. It's horrific but just because it's a priest the media will cover it a a lot more than other stories"

That is why they did it

As the violence mounts, will Buddhists draw inspiration from their faith’s sutras of compassion and peace to counter religious chauvinism? Or will they succumb to the hate speech of radical monks like Burma’s Wirathu, who goads his followers to “rise up” against Islam? The world’s judgment awaits.

What is your point "

That even Buddhists can kill in the name of their ideology.

What is your point

That even Buddhists can kill in the name of their ideology. "

My post was ment as a joke ,

"sadly, slowly but surely mankind is killing this earth and killing each other"

Agree

Edinburgh

"

No were never going to fix the world. But we can start by fixing ourselves. I didn't take any offence to you having a different take on things. We just debated didn't we? In fact I'd still fab one of your pics!"

Defo not on here we wont. And I agree about the fixing ourselves bit that's where it's starts. Then educate your children if you have any.

And I don't mind a debate as long as no one is put down or ridiculed.

Merci for the fab

"These 'members of a medieval death cult' have been holding the world to ransom for quite a while.

"

Listen to their demands?! They've (Daesh) made that quite clear. They want EVERYONE to follow their idea of Islam. Anyone who doesn't conform will be murdered in a horrific manner. They don't want to negotiate, they don't understand diplomacy. The only thing they understand is fear and violence.

I still firmly believe that the only people who can sort this whole mess out is the Muslim's. They need to set aside their differences with each other, the Jew's and everyone else and focus on eradicating the fundamental extremists that claim to be part of their religion (I also think the Christians, Jew's and everyone else should do the same).

Either that or the world should just convert to atheism, it's easier, considerably cheaper and you don't look stupid for believing in fairy stories.

MrWho.

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

Would be good if these scumbags were wiped from the face of the earth however after decades of 'christian' countries invading 'muslim' countries (mostly for oil) is it really surprising that it is so easy for young Muslims to think that the west want to destroy them for being muslim?

You still trying to make gain from racism? ...."

Whats racist about my post?

"Would be good if these scumbags were wiped from the face of the earth however after decades of 'christian' countries invading 'muslim' countries (mostly for oil) is it really surprising that it is so easy for young Muslims to think that the west want to destroy them for being muslim? "

99.9% of These "scumbags" were quite happy living in their countries, going to the mosque, living there life's before the west invaded their countries, killed their children, destroyed their way of life and could not give a hoot

Wolverhampton

Silly me, I should have just googled "What ISIS demand"

ISIS is a terrorist organization that seeks to impose an extraordinarily strict form of Sharia law (which is strict to begin with) across their region of influence, which they wish to expand to the borders of the old Caliphate (all of the middle east and north africa) to start.

So basically:

Beheading of non-believers if they refuse to convert

Stoning of adulterous women

Stoning of women who entice men to rape them (same as above really)

Female circumcision

Forced Marriage

Honour killing of an unworthy daughter

Punishment for usury

Encouragement of martyrdom

Indoctrination of children from age 7

No education, driving license, or exposing of flesh for women outside the home.

Feel free to add to the list.

Let's get round the table and start negotiating

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Couple of months to get the women and children out and then nuke the whole place.

Be a good start.

Lyndhurst

that was a very long time ago though and

a rare thing to happen.

You still trying to make gain from racism? ....

Islam is not a race."

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

"Would be good if these scumbags were wiped from the face of the earth however after decades of 'christian' countries invading 'muslim' countries (mostly for oil) is it really surprising that it is so easy for young Muslims to think that the west want to destroy them for being muslim?

99.9% of These "scumbags" were quite happy living in their countries, going to the mosque, living there life's before the west invaded their countries, killed their children, destroyed their way of life and could not give a hoot "

Think you've picked me up wrong. The scumbags I'm referring to aren't Muslims but the ISIS types.

"Would be good if these scumbags were wiped from the face of the earth however after decades of 'christian' countries invading 'muslim' countries (mostly for oil) is it really surprising that it is so easy for young Muslims to think that the west want to destroy them for being muslim?

99.9% of These "scumbags" were quite happy living in their countries, going to the mosque, living there life's before the west invaded their countries, killed their children, destroyed their way of life and could not give a hoot "

.............Over one million Brit's marched in London against this war......we do give a hoot.

Nailsworth

"Couple of months to get the women and children out and then nuke the whole place.

Be a good start. "

Where are we getting the women and children out of? Nice, Rouen, Paris, Brusells. Or do you mean Raqqa and Mosul?

I assume if your planning on getting them out, you are welcoming in all the refugees? Any reason why you missed out innocent men or are they all terrorists?

Hull

"I'm a non believer in the religious sense so I don't see how murdering a priest in a church is any different than murdering any worker in their work place. It's horrific but just because it's a priest the media will cover it a a lot more than other stories"

Maybe it is not the fact that religion is a core element of this atrocity and I agree a murder is a murder regardless of race colour or creed. However, the reaction by the religions involved would be markedly different if it were the other way around? Let us take a little time to consider the antithesis to this situation:

Two members of a white-supremacist faction walk into a mosque during Friday prayers, threaten the believers and then slit the throat of the Mullah....

Imagine the world-wide reaction and condemnation of such an act?

Hull

"

Ah! Yes! I well remember being issued with "smart" bullets that would only kill women, children and innocent OAPs as we prepared to liberate Kuwait. Obviously, our weapons would be useless against the invading forces!

Maybe we in the West were also responsible for this? http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/women-children-killed-syrian-rebel-shels-kurdish-area-aleppo-monitor-584620462

Nailsworth

"Let us take a little time to consider the antithesis to this situation:

Two members of a white-supremacist faction walk into a mosque during Friday prayers, threaten the believers and then slit the throat of the Mullah....

Imagine the world-wide reaction and condemnation of such an act? "

You mean like when Pavlo Lapshyn stabbed an 83 year old grandfather to death on his way home from prayers and then planted three bombs in mosques around Small Heath - you remember the guy right?

Hull

"Let us take a little time to consider the antithesis to this situation:

Imagine the world-wide reaction and condemnation of such an act?

You mean like when Pavlo Lapshyn stabbed an 83 year old grandfather to death on his way home from prayers and then planted three bombs in mosques around Small Heath - you remember the guy right?"

Exactly! I think you supported the point I was trying to make.

The media (and in some ways the public) reaction to what Lapshyn (a Ukranian living here in the UK) perpetrated was under-pinned by the desire to salve any fervent reaction from the muslim community to the atrocity.

I don't see the muslim community rushing to apologise for the actions of their "soldiers" in the hope that extremist christians will not react violently to the murder of this priest.

Nailsworth

"I don't see the muslim community rushing to apologise for the actions"

within hours the following statements were made:

Sadly the MSM never cover this, but do the words of the Archbishop and Pope.

"

I don't see the muslim community rushing to apologise for the actions of their "soldiers" in the hope that extremist christians will not react violently to the murder of this priest. "

The muslim community do not have soldiers. IS have soldiers.

What does the muslim community have to apologise for?

Nailsworth

"

I don't see the muslim community rushing to apologise for the actions of their "soldiers" in the hope that extremist christians will not react violently to the murder of this priest.

The muslim community do not have soldiers. IS have soldiers.

What does the muslim community have to apologise for?"

exactly! It would be like the Pope apologising for his catholic 'solider' Pavlo Lapshyn. I don't see any apology for the actions he took as a white person in the name of Christianity

kildare

I wonder if we execute Blair and bush would it appease them.

We should do it and see

Hull

"

I don't see any apology for the actions he took as a white person in the name of Christianity "

Lapshyn was (perhaps still is) a white-supremacist. He did not commit those acts of anti-muslim hatred "in the name of Christianity".

His Grandmother was a muslim Tatar...

Nailsworth

Indeed

Pavlo Lapshyn was not acting in the name of Christianity but in a perverse belief in white supremacy. As such I see no reason that the Christian community or its leaders need to be apologetic.

Similarly

Adel Kermiche was not acting in the name of Islam but in the name of militant Sunni jihadist's who want to rule the Muslim world. As such I see no reason that the Muslim community (who are being murdered in their thousands by Daesh) or its leaders should be apologetic.

» Add a new message to this topic