FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wounded Soul

Wounded Soul

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can traveling solo help heal a wounded soul? Would love to hear advice from everyone but especially people who have taken that step.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's wounded your soul?

"What's wounded your soul?"

Long term relationship ending.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes. Being content by yourself is a really good thing. Travelling solo gives you opportunities to meet people you wouldn't normally meet when travelling in a group.

"Yes. Being content by yourself is a really good thing. Travelling solo gives you opportunities to meet people you wouldn't normally meet when travelling in a group. "

"What's wounded your soul?

Long term relationship ending."

If you're in a position to be able to go travelling I'd say it was the perfect way to heal your heart and get over someone.

Change of scenery will help and speed the process along. When you split up with someone you're left with a set of habits made for two people, things will remind you of that person, chance of bumping into them again, boredom might make you want to contact them. Getting on a plane and flying off somewhere and meeting new people will keep your mind busy.

"Yes. Being content by yourself is a really good thing. Travelling solo gives you opportunities to meet people you wouldn't normally meet when travelling in a group. "

What dirty girl said!

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Can traveling solo help heal a wounded soul? Would love to hear advice from everyone but especially people who have taken that step."

definitely.

Last few times ive been away its been solo.

Really helped me find myself.

good luck buddy

By *ittle missnaughtyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"What's wounded your soul?

Long term relationship ending.

If you're in a position to be able to go travelling I'd say it was the perfect way to heal your heart and get over someone.

Change of scenery will help and speed the process along. When you split up with someone you're left with a set of habits made for two people, things will remind you of that person, chance of bumping into them again, boredom might make you want to contact them. Getting on a plane and flying off somewhere and meeting new people will keep your mind busy.

"

Think this is what i need to do now after my 20yr break up

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

Yes!! I usually do my long haul, big traveling adventures alone. You think a lot and learn to appreciate everything in your life.

Try a spot of volunteer work too, makes you very grateful.

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Travelling solo is a great idea but you don't necessarily need to jump on a plane...go somewhere you've never been before over here otherwise, same principles.

Keep busy when you get back/aren't travelling/new hobbies and interests or old ones re-discovered are all good.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Yes. It can. I have to go away alone at least once a year. Not always abroad, although the last 3 years have been. I'm planning to go to the Lake District later this year.

I don't have a wounded soul as such, but my soul needs to be alone occasionally.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I'd say that a wounded soul can be fixed anywhere and the desire to fix it needs to be strong and come from within.

Traveling itself won't fix it but the experience, coupled with effort from within should

Only time will cure you ...alcohol and fucking others are a tempary distraction but when alone at night the heartache is more apparent.

Time passing is the only cure....2 years min ...sorry .

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'd say that a wounded soul can be fixed anywhere and the desire to fix it needs to be strong and come from within.

Traveling itself won't fix it but the experience, coupled with effort from within should "

Well said. I would add that the solo travelling needn't necessarily be physical.

Some great advice, thank you for the feedback guys and gals!

Go..travel and clear your head....leave that shit behind and come back a new you....onwards and upwards and good luck x

» Add a new message to this topic