FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Boring I know but any F1 fans in ?

Boring I know but any F1 fans in ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But boring I know but any F1 fans knocking about .... thoughts on the season so far ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The radio communication rules are utter tosh.

"The radio communication rules are utter tosh."

Agreed - with cars as technical as these.

By *rswithMrCouple  over a year ago

Crewe

Supposedly safety messages are allowed except when you issue them. Button got a ridiculous drive through for just that

"Supposedly safety messages are allowed except when you issue them. Button got a ridiculous drive through for just that "

Yes according to the rules if the pit wall tells the driver how to fix the fault he has to pit. He pitted and still got a penalty.

"Supposedly safety messages are allowed except when you issue them. Button got a ridiculous drive through for just that

Yes according to the rules if the pit wall tells the driver how to fix the fault he has to pit. He pitted and still got a penalty. "

Yeah - button wasn't very impressed and I can see why, his race was knocked anyway so why punish ??

"Supposedly safety messages are allowed except when you issue them. Button got a ridiculous drive through for just that

Yes according to the rules if the pit wall tells the driver how to fix the fault he has to pit. He pitted and still got a penalty.

Yeah - button wasn't very impressed and I can see why, his race was knocked anyway so why punish ?? "

Just another joke of a season really. But atleast Hamiltons doing well.

Who do you feel had been the best performing driver this season.... for me it has to be verstapen...

Hamilton to come back from 40 odd points behind Rosberg. Especially with all the things his team have done to him behind the scenes.

Watching BSB instead.

Like watching the start of F1 and from a engineering/programming point of view love to spend some time with the mechanics of E1 as think they have loads of cool tech on the cars.

Think that makes me geek

"Hamilton to come back from 40 odd points behind Rosberg. Especially with all the things his team have done to him behind the scenes. "

Good point I am a LH fan myself and he's done brilliantly. Still though I feel Verstapen has been the more exciting to watch, but saying that he's been in the action a lot more than just leading ....

"Watching BSB instead.

Like watching the start of F1 and from a engineering/programming point of view love to spend some time with the mechanics of E1 as think they have loads of cool tech on the cars.

Think that makes me geek "

Not at all.. the geeky stuff is really interesting.

I like it so far, but prefer it to be on the bbc, hamilton is doing really good this season and might win this hungarian race.

"I like it so far, but prefer it to be on the bbc, hamilton is doing really good this season and might win this hungarian race."

Atleast some of the races are still on terrestrial tv. Even if it is channel 4.

[Removed by poster at 24/07/16 14:35:54]

"I like it so far, but prefer it to be on the bbc, hamilton is doing really good this season and might win this hungarian race.

Atleast some of the races are still on terrestrial tv. Even if it is channel 4."

That is right, which is good, as it is fun to watch it live.

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Ollerton

I cant wait for the new rules/car in 2017. Hopefully the domination of the Mercs will come to an end.

The radio rule this year is the biggest bag of wank I have ever seen, not allowing teams to help drivers to keep cars on the track is beyond stupid.

I think the drivers this year are moaning a lot more than I recall - they all want it handed to them on a plate. They need to shut up and drive.

"I cant wait for the new rules/car in 2017. Hopefully the domination of the Mercs will come to an end.

The radio rule this year is the biggest bag of wank I have ever seen, not allowing teams to help drivers to keep cars on the track is beyond stupid.

I think the drivers this year are moaning a lot more than I recall - they all want it handed to them on a plate. They need to shut up and drive."

One team always dominates for several years at the moment it's merc. We had redbull for 5 years before then. I just enjoy hearing Christian Horner moaning his head off.

It was a good race and hamilton won.

2nd Roseberg

3rd Ricciardo

Great to see a brit at the top of a sport. Even though I can't quiet make my mind up if I like him or not. Freely admit a little off it could be jealousy.

Crewe

If they left the rules alone for more than a few years most teams get to the same performance level.

Changing every 3 years costs the teams a fortune and creates a "best team" at interpreting the grey areas of the rule.

How can the governing body of the sport be taken seriously when it portrays itself as a sport trying to be cost effective and eco aware...and then force teams to scrap the current technology and reinvent an entire drive train and management system?

"If they left the rules alone for more than a few years most teams get to the same performance level.

Changing every 3 years costs the teams a fortune and creates a "best team" at interpreting the grey areas of the rule.

How can the governing body of the sport be taken seriously when it portrays itself as a sport trying to be cost effective and eco aware...and then force teams to scrap the current technology and reinvent an entire drive train and management system?"

No sport can really be taken seriously when you have someone like Bernie running it. He's a nutter.

By *nfamyMan  over a year ago

Goole

"Great to see a brit at the top of a sport. Even though I can't quiet make my mind up if I like him or not. Freely admit a little off it could be jealousy. "

I'm the same, he's a great driver and talent but he does some dickish things, but he's got the skills.

(A little bit of jealousy as well)

Crewe

"If they left the rules alone for more than a few years most teams get to the same performance level.

How can the governing body of the sport be taken seriously when it portrays itself as a sport trying to be cost effective and eco aware...and then force teams to scrap the current technology and reinvent an entire drive train and management system?

No sport can really be taken seriously when you have someone like Bernie running it. He's a nutter."

That is true but........ who else could negotiate the kind of deals he does? It does not make any sence the deals that he has track prepared to sign up to......

Maybe the government should use him to negotiate the Brexit.....

By *aren1956TV/TS  over a year ago

Fakenham

Just a high-speed version of the M11

"Great to see a brit at the top of a sport. Even though I can't quiet make my mind up if I like him or not. Freely admit a little off it could be jealousy.

I'm the same, he's a great driver and talent but he does some dickish things, but he's got the skills.

(A little bit of jealousy as well)

"

Can't deny he can drive the car. However I do wonder how a lot of the new guys would cope with cars that the likes of hill and mansell drove.

Yes think your right boring.1sT lap ok that's it ..much.prefer American..racing.

» Add a new message to this topic