FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unimportant, trivial stuff that drives you mad

Unimportant, trivial stuff that drives you mad

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ost Sock OP   Man  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I thought I'd seen a thread on this, but maybe it was another site.

One. pet hate I've had which has been brewing for years and now reached ridiculous levels is:

People who wear t-shirts or hoodies that show they belong to a sporting team/university society etc and somewhere on there it also says the name of the person wearing it e.g.

Badge (please imagine a somewhat generic badge or logo here)

Basingstoke University Fisting Society

Laura

Definitely in my Room 101. I hate them -presumably the person remembers their own name, their teammates remember their name and no-one else gives a flying f**k that you belong to that team, or that you have some limited ability at table tennis (or fisting).

I also hate myself because I feel completely compelled to try and read their names, so I end up moving closer,staring at their cheap garment and looking an idiot.

That said, if there was a Fisting Society.........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can't think of anything at the moment

Can I add clothes (hoodies & tshirts mainly) that contain the word 'Athletic' when the wearer patently isn't

"Can I add clothes (hoodies & tshirts mainly) that contain the word 'Athletic' when the wearer patently isn't

"

Oh and I say that as a fatty who would never wear something that alluded to my athleticism or sporting ability

General manners like saying think you if I just opened the door for you or giving you the right of way in the car or something

Think I may get carried away if I start with this one... Ha!

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

People who turn up and drive into that car parking space you have been waiting patiently for someone to move from

"General manners like saying think you if I just opened the door for you or giving you the right of way in the car or something"

See I think that IS important

"General manners like saying think you if I just opened the door for you or giving you the right of way in the car or something

See I think that IS important "

YES manners cost nothing. No excuse in my book. My 5 year old manages it.

"General manners like saying think you if I just opened the door for you or giving you the right of way in the car or something"

Thank you, rather!

West Wales and Cardiff

Oh, and anything prefixed by the word "artisan".

I know we're past "peak artisan", but there's still loads of businesses using the word in the hope of making their products more authentic and alluring.

In fact, I think that there's a secret competition being run to shoehorn the word into the most incongruous advertising spiel.

There's probably a massage parlour offering "artisan blowjobs" in Hemel Hempstead.

When you buy a magazine, open it, only to be buried alive under 20,000 pamphlets for some shit product nobody ever buys. This is particularly annoying if you open said magazine for the first time.......in the bath.

Also, the ignorant bints at the school gate who I stop and let past, who don't even say thank you or acknowledge me. Go jump in a puddle!!

"Oh, and anything prefixed by the word "artisan".

I know we're past "peak artisan", but there's still loads of businesses using the word in the hope of making their products more authentic and alluring.

In fact, I think that there's a secret competition being run to shoehorn the word into the most incongruous advertising spiel.

There's probably a massage parlour offering "artisan blowjobs" in Hemel Hempstead."

We've moved on to 'hand crafted'

"When you buy a magazine, open it, only to be buried alive under 20,000 pamphlets for some shit product nobody ever buys. This is particularly annoying if you open said magazine for the first time.......in the bath.

Also, the ignorant bints at the school gate who I stop and let past, who don't even say thank you or acknowledge me. Go jump in a puddle!!"

People that block doorways, gates, aisles etc etc etc. Then huff at you when you ask to get past.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

people who push their shopping trolleys 3ft out of the supermarket doorway and just stop to check their phone/light a fag/or start a conversation with the other one they are with

Smart phones that aren't smart enough to tell the difference between messaging on fab and messaging work and so replaces words unexpectedly. I've managed to correct the messages so far, but it's only a matter of time before one slips through.

... Harder to control when a work colleague is looking over your shoulder when I'm drafting an email and all sorts of interesting words pop up.

"Can I add clothes (hoodies & tshirts mainly) that contain the word 'Athletic' when the wearer patently isn't

"

Yea, wtf is all that about? My ex who was a size 32 used to wear a hoodie emblazoned with " ACTIVE ". Those buyers for the woman's clothes shop Evans were surely taking the piss.

I have enough non-trivial stuff driving me mad, it allows me to ignore the small stuff.

Every cloud has a silver lining....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"General manners like saying think you if I just opened the door for you or giving you the right of way in the car or something

Thank you, rather!"

BUSSY is your father ?

Pokemon Go. Facebook 'fads' like ice bucket challenge etc. Hipster beards.

Basically anything where whole communities of people blindly follow and do it 'because everyone else is'.

Shouldn't wind me up. But at times they irrationally do. I need to get a sense of perspective I know

my kids had uni sweatshirts - loved them and wore them til they pretty much fell apart

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

People who go out in pyjamas. Sorry to sound old fashioned but what happened to standards? Get dressed!

King's Crustacean

"People who go out in pyjamas. Sorry to sound old fashioned but what happened to standards? Get dressed!"

I wouldn't mind so much but it's the jamas they've slept in ...... dirty bastards.

By *aughty_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Middle lane hoggers.

Hypocrites (ie my boss who moans we don't get enough work done and then sits in his office legs on the desk watching football)

People who don't say thank you when you've let them out a junction.

Men who fart in bed under the covers.

People who call other people fat or ugly when they themselves aren't Adonis.

People who interrupt others talking

People who stop in front of you the middle of the pavement/supermarket to talk/catch Pokemon/text.

I'm grrrring at the sudden appearance of "of" in dates, as in 9th of August. Why?! When have we ever been taught this?? Also question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions???? See! Annoying!

My current annoyance is people who wear their ID badges out of work. Why? Di they feel more important?

Put them away please.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

People that say telly instead of television which is about 98% of people. Im learning to live with it although just typing it makes me go grrrr

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

[Removed by poster at 24/07/16 10:28:08]

A bit silly really but when you go through double doors in say a pub or hotel and someone has opened the wrong side and the door doesn't close properly, I always have to reset them as I walk through

King's Crustacean

People

My daughter is a dance teacher and has had people calling her name in the street,completely baffling her,until they say her name is on her top. It's mainly there for competitions so they can be recognised by organisers.

I really hate people leaving litter on buses. Not just a dropped wrapper; chicken boxes,burger cartons and even salad bowls.

People who presume to know things.

People who park outside my house

Middle aged women dressing in teenage clothes. Put a floral dress on for pity's sake! And cover those knees

"People who park outside my house "

Stalker people?

penrhiwceiber

There's this thing up the valleys that the younger men do..wearing dirty fkn tracksuits all the time,with one hand constantly down there pants checking to see if their cocks are about to fall off or if they've grown another pube..

I had jeans,a shirt,and a sports jacket on as i was on my way out,and this toothless,dirty,unemplyable tracksuit wearing bum went out of his way to say to me"whats the point in wearing that jacket butt?

So to summerise.. Tracksuits,and personal ball gropping in public are my pet hates.

One of my pet hates is when I'm out and about maybe in Cardiff and the amount of people that bump into me and I end up saying sorry, they ignore me or give me a dirty look then I realise fuck you it was your bloody fault lol. But I'm programmed to say sorry I guess! Manners cost nothing people

"There's this thing up the valleys that the younger men do..wearing dirty fkn tracksuits all the time,with one hand constantly down there pants checking to see if their cocks are about to fall off or if they've grown another pube..

I had jeans,a shirt,and a sports jacket on as i was on my way out,and this toothless,dirty,unemplyable tracksuit wearing bum went out of his way to say to me"whats the point in wearing that jacket butt?

So to summerise.. Tracksuits,and personal ball gropping in public are my pet hates.

"

People who hate things purely because they're popular, because they're too cool or something. Also people who pride themselves on not knowing anything about pop culture. Nobody is impressed, go back under your rock.

"Should of" "Was you?" "How's you?" - Fab sometimes feels like the place where the English language came to die.

People who ask questions on the Internet that they could 100% just use Google for.

penrhiwceiber

Boys from the valleys with their jab a Tans,shit hair cuts,and tops they buy from mothercare to show off their steroid enhanced physiques

People who comment negatively about another person's body shape - body shaming if you like. It doesn't determine the shape of our personality you ignorant feckwits.

Ignorance ..

Rudeness

Bad manners

Mainly

"One of my pet hates is when I'm out and about maybe in Cardiff and the amount of people that bump into me and I end up saying sorry, they ignore me or give me a dirty look then I realise fuck you it was your bloody fault lol. But I'm programmed to say sorry I guess! Manners cost nothing people "

I usually say "Oh I do apologise, was I in your way?"

"Boys from the valleys with their jab a Tans,shit hair cuts,and tops they buy from mothercare to show off their steroid enhanced physiques"

yep with you on this

Coughing, sneezing, eating noises, sniffing, throat-clearing, snorting and nail-clacking all drive me insane. Although it's apparently a real condition called misophonia, so may I be excused?

Holiday makers who walk too dam slow. I've got somewhere to be yano n it's the only day I go out every fortnight cos I force myself out of my flat to do my shopping n your in my way. It's fuckin rhyl it's a shithole why the fuck are you here anyway piss off to alcudia you or some other chav hotspot.

Oops sorry got carried away there thought it was Thursday. xxx

"People who park outside my house

Stalker people?"

No there's a community building opposite that has a carpark at the end of our little row of 6 houses. But people feel the need to park all over the pavement, double park etc to pick their little darlings up rather than walk the 30 metres from the carpark

People who fill the kettle to the top and then use a single cup of the boiled water

You lot sound a right laugh

Bet a forum social is just every tutting and rolling their eyes at everyone

Lots of moaning from Wales on here

"Pokemon Go. Facebook 'fads' like ice bucket challenge etc. Hipster beards.

Basically anything where whole communities of people blindly follow and do it 'because everyone else is'.

Shouldn't wind me up. But at times they irrationally do. I need to get a sense of perspective I know"

Like most forum threads.......

"Middle aged women dressing in teenage clothes. Put a floral dress on for pity's sake! And cover those knees "

I,m middle aged, I,m not putting a floral dress on thank you. I don't show my knees though x

"Lots of moaning from Wales on here "

It's raining. xxx

People who stop outside my house to sit on my wall and have a chat. They're rarely loud or obnoxious but it's MY WALL and they make me feel anxious!

There's probably a massage parlour offering "artisan blowjobs" in Hemel Hempstead."

yes!!! i refuse to go in anywhere that uses that word,(or 'forage'!)....artisan is totally meaningless as a selling point; i got so angry i looked it up and it means' craftsman or mechanic',so as far as describing food prep or whatever....completely meaningless!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

People that leave their shopping trolley bang smack in the middle of the aisle. Push it to the side for goodness sake, so others can get through.

They then give you the death glare when you move it out of the way.

Food shopping in general tends to push my buttons.

People who let there kids run round the supermarket like it is a play ground until they run into your trolly and look at you like it is your fault.

People who put all the washing up in the bowl at the same time. It's madness. Stop doing it!

People in the cinema chomping popcorn and rustling sweets so loud in your ear through the whole film. Then chatting on endlessly. I have told people to shut up before.

OP: I like sweatshirts though, it's a team thing isn't it for when they do sport together. You could invent one saying you're not in a team. I'd have: take one look, Im never getting in the beach volley ball team.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I thought I'd seen a thread on this, but maybe it was another site.

One. pet hate I've had which has been brewing for years and now reached ridiculous levels is:

People who wear t-shirts or hoodies that show they belong to a sporting team/university society etc and somewhere on there it also says the name of the person wearing it e.g.

Laura

Definitely in my Room 101. I hate them -presumably the person remembers their own name, their teammates remember their name and no-one else gives a flying f**k that you belong to that team, or that you have some limited ability at table tennis (or fisting).

I also hate myself because I feel completely compelled to try and read their names, so I end up moving closer,staring at their cheap garment and looking an idiot.

"

me thinks someone wasnt allowed on the hockey team at school and bears some deep seated resentment towards those who were

By *eneRoissyMan  over a year ago

Nailsworth

People who use the latest nauseating hip phrases like 'my bad', 'uber xyz', 'totes amaz', 'mansplaining' etc

"People that leave their shopping trolley bang smack in the middle of the aisle. Push it to the side for goodness sake, so others can get through.

They then give you the death glare when you move it out of the way.

Food shopping in general tends to push my buttons. "

Which is why I do my weekly shop mid week in the evening.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Losing one sock

As a larger lady I can say this: t shirts that have slogans on them like 'babe', yes they/I should be able to wear them (and I'm not talking pretty larger ladies here, I'm talking waynette slob types) but really? No, just no!!

Flip flops on men...no idea why, on some men they wind me right up!!!

I'm sure there are others, I'll come back later when I can think of a list!

G x

"People who use the latest nauseating hip phrases like 'my bad', 'uber xyz', 'totes amaz', 'mansplaining' etc"

Fuck sake!! What's wrong with estimate? Why said guesstimate?! It's longer!!! Hate the word uber too and amazing when something is quite clearly 'a good time' grrrrr!!

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

People who beep at you when you walking in the street. Unless your prepared to offer me a lift, i couldn't give a flying fuck you have spotted me.

By *kpartystartersCouple  over a year ago

Chester

People who wear hats indoors and the sound of children laughing are my biggest peeves.

penrhiwceiber

"Coughing, sneezing, eating noises, sniffing, throat-clearing, snorting and nail-clacking all drive me insane. Although it's apparently a real condition called misophonia, so may I be excused? "

I used to kinda know a guy who had tourettes, and he would walk around hocking up in his throat, really brutally.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I am happy to report that unimportant, trivial stuff doesn't wind me up

By *hemonkeyheadMan  over a year ago

Reading

painted on eyebrows

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I hate it when people sound a K on the end of something......

I swear some people think its spelt with a K

Sunglasses at night

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People in the street not looking where they are going because they are busy with there gadget

By *appyplastererMan  over a year ago

birmingham

A lot of my work colleagues who breathe.and those who use the word bizarre. People who push baby into the road first whilst checking Facebook

Nothing bothers me and I'm always happy according to the wife its an irritating character trait at times haha

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"I am happy to report that unimportant, trivial stuff doesn't wind me up "

Being able to cope with unimportant, trivial stuff...winds me up

West Wales and Cardiff

"Losing one sock "

Indeed - nice one.

I chose my username because I was ridiculously upset at losing one from favourite pair of walking socks the night I joined. A trivial matter that drove me mad.

Rest easy people - I found it some weeks later.

Having read the responses, I'm relieved there are others who admit to irrational hatred of unimportant things.

I have one more - I have a ludicrous, but very real, hatred for the word "med". No it's meaning, just its sound and the way it looks on the page.

Yeah, I know, I know.....

"Losing one sock

Indeed - nice one.

I chose my username because I was ridiculously upset at losing one from favourite pair of walking socks the night I joined. A trivial matter that drove me mad.

Having read the responses, I'm relieved there are others who admit to irrational hatred of unimportant things.

I have one more - I have a ludicrous, but very real, hatred for the word "med". No it's meaning, just its sound and the way it looks on the page.

Yeah, I know, I know....."

I'm relieved your sock turned up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you hold a door for someone and they say nothing - please have your phone ready so that you can make a phone call and not move.

I generally just don't let go of the door or move, as I wait to hear their words whilst looking at them.

Big women who " are proud of their body's " yet always hide their apron. Come on ladies, it's almost a crime to hide that big sexy tummy.

Fishermen who block off the PUBLIC footpath with all their crap so every time you want to get by them you have to wait while they move all their shit, or even worse the ones who ignor your there and expect you to walk in all the hedgerow and nettles to get by them

You have no idea how much they piss me off

"I thought I'd seen a thread on this, but maybe it was another site.

Laura

"

But I like my hoody and when I have to fill in some random ten page form I always forget my name

By *andys manMan  over a year ago

colchester

People on FAB who insist "must have face pic" but themselves dont have one on their profile?????

Artisan bread or artisan bakery. Don't get me started on a "bread wankers" rant. It's not rant Thursday yet and I'm not paying £5 for a fucking Peruvian sunflower seeded cob made with yaks milk.

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 02:31:08]

"Big women who " are proud of their body's " yet always hide their apron. Come on ladies, it's almost a crime to hide that big sexy tummy. "

Or just have all manner of close ups including pouting their lips.

By *uddlybear2015Man  over a year ago

BEDFORD

Badly adjusted headlights and drivers that feel no need to use indicators.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

People who insist on carrying on a mobile phone conversation whilst dealing with someone else, say, at the checkout, or buying a train ticket.

Where are your bloody manners? Their phone ought to be shoved somewhere requiring major surgery for its removal!

"People who insist on carrying on a mobile phone conversation whilst dealing with someone else, say, at the checkout, or buying a train ticket.

Where are your bloody manners? Their phone ought to be shoved somewhere requiring major surgery for its removal! "

I have to agree that annoys me too

I hate it while I'm at work and talking to somebody and they just answer their phone mid conversation, I think it's so rude, not something I would dream of doing but now days some people live by their phone and its more important than real life

People who push in in a que.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"I'm grrrring at the sudden appearance of "of" in dates, as in 9th of August. Why?! When have we ever been taught this?? Also question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions???? See! Annoying! "

They aren't question marks, it's someone who is using the emotes on their phone app that won't work on here, it comes up as a ??

People who post 40000 pics of their kids every day on Facebook.

We get it. You had a wean.

selfies n people who stop in my way to take the bleedin things feck off you narcersistic fukwits then they fill up facebook with their look at me i love me who do you love trout pouts that feckin kim kardshian n her clan have a lot to answer for grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

By *ussieson susanTV/TS  over a year ago

falmouth

"There's this thing up the valleys that the younger men do..wearing dirty fkn tracksuits all the time,with one hand constantly down there pants checking to see if their cocks are about to fall off or if they've grown another pube..

"

I went back to my home town and standing at a bar I use to frequent in my youth a scruffy guy came up to me and said" Spose you think your a posh bastard wearing that coat " to which I replied " you could be wearing a coat like this too if you got a fucking job " Hate people who put other people down because they are either too lazy or think the whole world is there enemy or they can not be arsed to make an effort

West Wales and Cardiff

"Losing one sock

Indeed - nice one.

Yeah, I know, I know.....

I'm relieved your sock turned up "

Thank you so much. It was a traumatic time.

People that start 8 threads a day

When people apologise when you happen to arrive at a door together and then spend 1 second deciding who's going to go through it first! I don't know why anyone should feel the need to say sorry?

(and of course it's ladies first)

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

packaging, layers upon layers of useless fort knox packaging

By *am-RaiderMan  over a year ago

Corby

Yeah..women should be limited to three items of clothing.

"Yeah..women should be limited to three items of clothing. "
toga, toga and mini toga?

Corby

Wow...that's complicated....never was good at knots. Was thinking bra knickers and long t shirt.

"Wow...that's complicated....never was good at knots. Was thinking bra knickers and long t shirt. "
i was thinking more slave girl outfits...lolol

Corby

Mmm...I do like the way you think. You are intrigueing. And kinda hot.

"Mmm...I do like the way you think. You are intrigueing. And kinda hot. "

why thankyou

» Add a new message to this topic