FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have just watched on TV part of the Amy Winehouse film. I was never a fan and did not see her as a soul singer. The film confirmed for me that she had a wonderful voice for jazz. I was also impressed by her guitar playing which is never mentioned, she played some very tasty jazz chords and chord runs, my view a tragic waste! What say you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She could be awesome but she could also be dreadful at times

She should have went to Rehab.

"She should have went to Rehab."
they did ask her but she said NO NO NO

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Admittedly she had the potential to become one of the greats, although not my cup of tea.

Pissed it all up the wall

"Admittedly she had the potential to become one of the greats, although not my cup of tea.

Pissed it all up the wall "

Of such is music legends made!

loved her and her style,,utterly fabulous

She was amazing when on form, but watched her at Glastonbury (on telly) and she was awful, slurring, mumbling and staggering about.

Very sad.

"She was amazing when on form, but watched her at Glastonbury (on telly) and she was awful, slurring, mumbling and staggering about.

Very sad."

well remember her when she was amazing,cos she was

I really enjoyed the film made (was it the one of all the home movies?) you caught bits of her you never knew, she could have been great if she hadn't of turned to the darkside of fame. Great voice

G x

Such a dark documentary, I found it really hard to watch. Feel like her dad was a big factor in everything going to shit.

But yes, she was amazing.

"Such a dark documentary, I found it really hard to watch. Feel like her dad was a big factor in everything going to shit.

But yes, she was amazing."

My sentiments exactly

"Such a dark documentary, I found it really hard to watch. Feel like her dad was a big factor in everything going to shit.

But yes, she was amazing."

I felt that too, I did read he didn't like the way he was edited but the films were there too see, such a shame if he had got her help maybe she might be here today

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I seen it a while ago. I really liked her. I wonder how well her dad sleeps at night

i loved her. i was lucky enough to see here very early on..long before she was tabloid fodder..unique voice and talent.....you can blame who you want but she really seemed to have a self destructive streak i doubt anything could have stopped

I had never been impressed by her but l was in a store and l heard an amazing version of Mr Magic which is a touchstone jazz funk instrumental played by Grover Washington. I never knew it had lyrics, of course it was Amy Winehouse. Seeing the film made me realise how good she was and could have been. The dad was bad but the husband was a piece of work! Work being the polite 4 letter word not ending in it.

I saw her in concert years ago (before things went bad), it was good. Shame how things went for her after that ...

A singer with a good voice...had a good album out and was a good performer ....apart from her drug abuse not much else really x

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

First saw her on Jools Holland, she was young, round faced and she seriously impressed me (him) with her voice, she was singing a unknown to me jazz song. Woke Mrs up to tell her id heard a very good English singer that night, then didn't hear anything for about a year until Frank. Loved that album and parts of the rushed Back to Black album, those are the memories I prefer to remember, the rest as we know was largely a train wreck although there's a great performance from her at the Grammys.

We all have choices and she are the wrong ones. I loved her music and still do. Such a tragic loss for no reason.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I had never been impressed by her but l was in a store and l heard an amazing version of Mr Magic which is a touchstone jazz funk instrumental played by Grover Washington. I never knew it had lyrics, of course it was Amy Winehouse. Seeing the film made me realise how good she was and could have been. The dad was bad but the husband was a piece of work! Work being the polite 4 letter word not ending in it."

She really knew her stuff when it came to the real great stuff in soul/jazz music.

My friend met her when she was just starting out. He's not a softie, or the type to be bowled over by a celebrity. He said she was a joyous, utterly mesmerising personality at that time.

Even now, he gets a bit upset when he thinks what happened.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

But yes, she was amazing.

I felt that too, I did read he didn't like the way he was edited but the films were there too see, such a shame if he had got her help maybe she might be here today "

I read during week her father just bought a 1.something million house from her money he got

Hope he sleeps well in it

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I was on holiday in France and saw a Newpaper headline. Joined the 27 club

"I had never been impressed by her but l was in a store and l heard an amazing version of Mr Magic which is a touchstone jazz funk instrumental played by Grover Washington. I never knew it had lyrics, of course it was Amy Winehouse. Seeing the film made me realise how good she was and could have been. The dad was bad but the husband was a piece of work! Work being the polite 4 letter word not ending in it.

She really knew her stuff when it came to the real great stuff in soul/jazz music.

My friend met her when she was just starting out. He's not a softie, or the type to be bowled over by a celebrity. He said she was a joyous, utterly mesmerising personality at that time.

Even now, he gets a bit upset when he thinks what happened."

» Add a new message to this topic