Do they really work?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Not in my experience

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I couldn't make one work. More time on the phone than we ever spent together.

Manchester

"I couldn't make one work. More time on the phone than we ever spent together.

"

And driving or rather sat in traffic

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd have to say no... unfortunately

Yep if you are both prepared to work at it. It can never been one sided

By *andsonjohnMan  over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"Not in my experience "

Relationship in what way romance I'd say no but a fuck buddy yes and I'm talking from experience on having had one .

Where she came to the London office once every 6 weeks and we met up every 6 weeks like clock work .

Ohhhh fond memories

In the short term maybe but long term no. But then if you both really lived each other then one would move closer to the other or in together, problem solved

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Can't say yes in my experience. I'm single!

My sister has been with her fiancé for 10 years.

He lives in London. She's in Newcastle.

For some it works. Others it doesn't.

Manchester

"Not in my experience

Relationship in what way romance I'd say no but a fuck buddy yes and I'm talking from experience on having had one .

Where she came to the London office once every 6 weeks and we met up every 6 weeks like clock work .

Ohhhh fond memories "

I'm talking from experience to and nothing like just a fuck. And as you say very very fond memories but neither of us could move and we couldn't carry on a 750mile round trip so it had to end. All a lot of years ago and still think what if....

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

It did for us 175mls apart meeting for 1yr then she decided to move in and after 4yrs we were married last month

"My sister has been with her fiancé for 10 years.

He lives in London. She's in Newcastle.

For some it works. Others it doesn't. "

Is she as gorgeous as you kittie x

"It did for us 175mls apart meeting for 1yr then she decided to move in and after 4yrs we were married last month "

You've changed your name. It's a lovely Fab story of love.

"Not in my experience

Ohhhh fond memories

I'm talking from experience to and nothing like just a fuck. And as you say very very fond memories but neither of us could move and we couldn't carry on a 750mile round trip so it had to end. All a lot of years ago and still think what if...."

Yes, we still love each other (in a fond, if only way) but as neither of us can move being in different countries in the UK just isn't feasible.

Can do. I've had a couple of them, one was with a guy in india. We really clicked but i finished it because nothing was ever going to come of it.

The other jusy gave him more opportunity to be sneaking about behind my back, so that ended as well.

I think if you make plans to eventually be together for real then it can work.

Manchester

"Not in my experience

Ohhhh fond memories

I'm talking from experience to and nothing like just a fuck. And as you say very very fond memories but neither of us could move and we couldn't carry on a 750mile round trip so it had to end. All a lot of years ago and still think what if....

Yes, we still love each other (in a fond, if only way) but as neither of us can move being in different countries in the UK just isn't feasible."

I seen her twice since we split and it ripped us both to bits so never did again. It was my mates sister

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I was with my Munich man for 3 years then I moved to Munich, got a job and 4 months later it fell apart

"I was with my Munich man for 3 years then I moved to Munich, got a job and 4 months later it fell apart "

Judging by the news it was a blessing in disguise x

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"I was with my Munich man for 3 years then I moved to Munich, got a job and 4 months later it fell apart

Judging by the news it was a blessing in disguise x"

Sadly the Olympic area is not affluent enough for my ex partner so we would have been nowhere near there

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Jay does a 160 mile round trip to see me every week

By *arksidesubCouple  over a year ago

not far from you..

Not in my experience either.

I used to do a 450 mile round trip every weekend

No they don't and I'm speaking from experience. To make it work, at some point one of the couple will have to make the choice to upsticks and move!

Yes they do if you want to work at them ....

Me and my husband lived over 200 miles away I lived in northamptoshire and he lived in the Isle of Man. . I moved to be with him after a yr and lived there for 3 yrs and then we moved back to northamptoshire. Have been there ever since we have now been together 11 yrs and married 4 and have 3 beautiful children

So if you work at it then yes it does...

Some do, some don't.

I discovered a guy on here end of 2011, we used to Skype for hours in the night nothing rude, well obviously saw his penis on there and exchange many pictures. I went all the way up to Hull (6.5 hours) on a train to meet him for what was supposed to be one night, following weekend he drove down and then I'd go up there for a Friday and Saturday night, then he drove down and that carried on for about 15 months! It came to an end in April 2013 cos I wouldn't move up there and he wouldn't move down here so we agreed to call it a day. 6 weeks later he gets back in touch saying he'll move down here but by that point I was over it, he asked if he could come down the once just to see how I feel when I see him in the flesh so I let him but his accent was very prominent this time, I realised I didn't really have feelings for him so that was that.

Point is it can work if you both want it to.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes but you have to be prepared to work at it and have complete trust in one another.

After we met I (male) worked 150 miles away and 18 months later moved due to work half way round the world. We saw each other three times in the whole two years and one of them was to get married.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've had mixed results - so/so good with one but generally really poor results.

And the investment in them, in terms of time/energy/stress etc, is too high.

Wanting what we almost can't have is too much of a pull, so avoid it and think only rationally, not driven by emotion.

Had a long distance relationship with who I thought was my future wife.

7 years it lasted and just as i was seriously considering my future, to up and leave everything and move to Montreal with her, she called it off. Left me fucked up beyond belief. All my dreams, hopes and future gone in an instant.

So it didn't work for me. I still love her though and that's the painful thing. Still Finding it very difficult to move on

Ours isn't as long distance as such, 100 mile round trip and I never thought it could work but we managed it, it was a nightmare at the start, ads doesn't drive and I didn't have a job, so he would come and see me for a couple of hours on a Sunday evening. When I could I'd catch the train to him for the weekend, one Sunday I went to his just for dinner by train!!

Now nearly 9 months later, I'm moving in with him xx

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Seven years is great dedication - I've done it a couple of times, but it can be extremely stressful, I am someone who needs the physical presence of my lover.

"Do they really work?

"

Unfortunately not, in my experience anyway.

I had the best FB any man could ask for, but she lived two hours of travelling away (in the heart of Mid-Wales).

It became impossible...four hours of driving was ok when it was an overnight visit, but often it wasn't, and it sadly took its toll (on me). If I could turn the clock back, I'd have made sure that the visits were better planned to pretty much ALL include an overnight stay. B...you know I miss you.

We're 120 miles apart and it's hard, but we're making it work. The plan is to move in together in a year when circumstances allow it.

When I was with an ex-girlfriend, we were somewhat in a long distance relationship as she started her last year at Uni around four months after we got together, so she was about an hour or so away, though we spent Saturday to Wednesday together every week.

However, when she moved back to our town after she completed university, ironically enough the relationship took a bit of a nose dive, even though she stayed over at mine throughout the week during the summer and spent those weekends at her family's home. I think the previous distance worked in our favour.

(M) I couldn't do this, I have massive respect for any couple who can make this work. Hats off to you x

"We're 120 miles apart and it's hard, but we're making it work. The plan is to move in together in a year when circumstances allow it."

Awww, good for you!

I did it for a time. When I lived in Birmingham I was seeing a girl in London. I could leave work early on a Friday and worked lateshifts every Monday so could travel down for 3 nights which wasn;t too bad but her work hours meant it was much more difficult for her to come to Birmingham as she'd be up late on a Friday and have to leave Sunday afternoon.

I found it a huge strain which is why I jacked in my job and moved to London within a few months although in fairness I had little keeping me in Brum so it was not as big a step as it sounds. I couldn't have done the travelling on an ongoing basis

No happy ending, but still the best thing i ever did

By *mojeeCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Me and Emms do it and it works for us just now. I work away and can't help it but I can't get the money I'm on where we are so we make it work.

By *inzi LTV/TS  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

"Do they really work?

"

I have a long distance friendship that seems to work quite well.

» Add a new message to this topic