FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > El Niño and climate change

El Niño and climate change

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recent we have had extreme weather with flooding and with a warm summer, how much can the temperature rise to and do you think it is down to global warming or is it the earth's natural cycle we have entered? I read something interesting that internal forces do not cause climate change.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You're the cause of it, hot stuff

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You're the cause of it, hot stuff "

nope; the earth is a living planet, it continues to grow, its mass increases and due to further building of Huge Dams as well as cities, the Earth is spinning off its axis just like an unbalanced wheel.

Just think the forests of years ago are 2 miles plus under ground, think how much the earth grows each year and the imbalance as it spins on its axis.

That's my theory any way.

"

Just think the forests of years ago are 2 miles plus under ground, think how much the earth grows each year and the imbalance as it spins on its axis.

That's my theory any way."

It's called tectonic plates, they push over each other over millennia pushing what was once on the top down below!.

But yes roughly speaking the earth wobbles around it's axis over a period of about 25,000 years something between 24 and 21 degrees of tilt,i think we're about 23ish at the moment which is why the tropics are where they are!

"Recent we have had extreme weather with flooding and with a warm summer, how much can the temperature rise to and do you think it is down to global warming or is it the earth's natural cycle we have entered? I read something interesting that internal forces do not cause climate change."

It's pretty much impossible to claim any particular weather phenomenon on climate change!.

What you can do is claim that the science shows there will be a warming trend from man made c02 and other green house gases like methane.

El nino and it's lesser known cousin la ninia are natural cycles but what we can observe is bigger and more powerful cycles, it's quite possible that after this particular cycle is over the earth may stay half a degree warmer like the rise after the 99 monster.

That could lead to very big climate changes in the very near future...a study out about three years ago showed how a rapid change occurred during the last great die off, we'd previously presumed it had occurred over a few thousand years, however the study concluded it happened over a much shorter period of around 10-30 years

i have no idea, all the facts just i can't understand half of them because i don't understand geology or anything to do with studying the planet and climate.

but i do know we have caused a lot of damage to eco systems, and to natural habitats, and the things living in them (including ourselves), just to be comfortable.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

"Recent we have had extreme weather with flooding and with a warm summer, how much can the temperature rise to and do you think it is down to global warming or is it the earth's natural cycle we have entered? I read something interesting that internal forces do not cause climate change..

It's pretty much impossible to claim any particular weather phenomenon on climate change!.

What you can do is claim that the science shows there will be a warming trend from man made c02 and other green house gases like methane.

El nino and it's lesser known cousin la ninia are natural cycles but what we can observe is bigger and more powerful cycles, it's quite possible that after this particular cycle is over the earth may stay half a degree warmer like the rise after the 99 monster.

That could lead to very big climate changes in the very near future...a study out about three years ago showed how a rapid change occurred during the last great die off, we'd previously presumed it had occurred over a few thousand years, however the study concluded it happened over a much shorter period of around 10-30 years"

I believe global warming is a natural phenomenon yes we may have added to it in a minute way ..but it is just a good excuse for governments to tax people higher ....

Seems to me that even if we lack hard evidence that human pollution causes climate change, we should still act as if it does.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Seems to me that even if we lack hard evidence that human pollution causes climate change, we should still act as if it does."

We know that humans are having a negative impact on the planet in many ways.

How that will affect things long term is irrelevant to me - what is important is the desire to try to reduce our negative impact as much as possible.

Nita

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"nope; the earth is a living planet, it continues to grow, its mass increases and due to further building of Huge Dams as well as cities, the Earth is spinning off its axis just like an unbalanced wheel.

That's my theory any way."

Can you explain how the mass of the Earth increases please ?

Thenk you.

"Seems to me that even if we lack hard evidence that human pollution causes climate change, we should still act as if it does.

We know that humans are having a negative impact on the planet in many ways.

How that will affect things long term is irrelevant to me - what is important is the desire to try to reduce our negative impact as much as possible.

Nita"

I agree, but there will always be deniers plus academics willing to support them. I think we should be encouraging people to reduce impact regardless of evidence of long term effects

"

I believe global warming is a natural phenomenon yes we may have added to it in a minute way ..but it is just a good excuse for governments to tax people higher .... "

Well your closer to the truth than you think, so yes it's a natural variance and yes we're changing it a little by basically industrialisation.... Just think of the difference in tree population alone, only 700 years ago practically most of the UK was covered in woodland, as the human population has expanded, so has the thirst for resources in only 100 years we've gone from 1 billon people to 7 billon...

The trouble is you only need a minute 4 degree increase in temperature for things to go tits and I don't mean brexit tits I mean tits tits!.

If you really want to grasp the changes.

We've gone about nearly one degree up from the 20th century average.

That one degree is enough to change the weather that we see in the UK, it's seen record breaking temperatures all over the globe from Australia to America, smallest arctic summer ice in a hundred years(to the point where it's almost gone) , twin hurricanes in the pacific and Atlantic, the biggest el nino ever recorded, lowest coral.... The list is endless of records been broken.... And all from nearly one degrees global increase.....

Now bear in mind the science says we may hit 3 or 4 degrees increase within 25 years!!!.

The reality is you really really don't know what's coming

» Add a new message to this topic