FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gym membership or home fitness.

Gym membership or home fitness.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *un Knights OP   Couple  over a year ago

South West

We decided to set up a home gym. After looking at membership prices hubby worked out we could buy kit for the same as 2 years membership for him and if we gave up we can always sell it on.

We now have a treadmill, a cage (not that sort, perverts) free weights bench and bars. We decided that free weights are better than individual machines as it makes you also work stabiliser muscles. We won't be stood in line in the gym waiting for the popular equipment either, bonus.

We are not trying to look like Arnie just cut back on the mummy tummy and hubby handles that come from busy lifestyles and too much good food.

What does everyone else think home gym or join a club? Which one would suit you best and help achieve your goal.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im a PT and ive done both over the last few years.

Personally i prefer the gym as i find it a very motivational environment.

Home can be just as good though if you have a good training partner.

Either way, its all good

Sadly I don't have the space at home for a home gym - it would certainly make it easier to work out if I did. As it is I have to get to my gym as and when I can which sadly isn't often enough to make an indentation into the dad bod too much

The gym.

Just because I can't put a cage, tractor tyre and big rope in the back garden

South West

That was an issue for us especially hubby. Working long hours and then trying to get motivated to go back out to the gym late in the evening meant failure from the start.

South West

A fair point, we are fortunate to have been able to give up most of a room to it that just about works but realise not all can.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Gym no space for equipment and I can claim membership against work Heath account

Also a few new cute ladies in my gym

It's hard to get motivated at home, but I've found gyms soul destroying, I train at home mainly and run a cycle a lot too, it's more of a habit these days.

Good luck though and try and avoid using it to hang clothes on.

Neither for me, I play ice hockey once or twice a week though and at 42, I've managed to avoid handles, although my time will no doubt come (only have to look at my dad an grandad to know that lol)

By *hesexpeopleCouple  over a year ago

s wales

We prefer the gym also, only for the reasons already given mind, I just can't seem to motivate myself at home and lack of space, and my gym is near lots of clothes shops so I tend to find myself more motivated to go to them then I can stroll to the gym lol x

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I'd really like a home gym, I was thinking of looking for a second hand field shelter or similar, laying some concrete and putting it on that.

Sometimes I find it quite difficult to find the time to gym, which frustrates me because I like making progress.

Until then, its gym membership all the way..

South West

Would love to cycle and are going to look at some bikes next week.

We won't use it for clothes hanging don't worry, may tie each other up to it though as it does have potential in that department. And that we certainly couldn't do in a public gym.

"Would love to cycle and are going to look at some bikes next week.

We won't use it for clothes hanging don't worry, may tie each other up to it though as it does have potential in that department. And that we certainly couldn't do in a public gym."

Haha yup, been there done that with ours at home

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 22/07/16 13:26:57]

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I was paying a fortune at the gym but only going three times a week and using one machine and the weights.

Other half bought me the amt and he already had free weights. So now, instead of three times a week I use it every day. Instead of using the downstairs loo use the one upstairs and do another five minutes on the machine.

With a change of mindset and diet the weight is coming off slowly, body toning and getting fitter, so home for me.

I have a Concept 2 Rower and a variety of Kettlebells. All you need really oh and a good thick yoga mat for situps and stretching.

» Add a new message to this topic