FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > This years X Factor

This years X Factor

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I really really really can't wait for it to start

Love shows like this, it show cases some real talented people

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we all love this too x some i know hate it . My dad was a singer ... as a child i would go with him and mum sit there lison with my bottle of and crips.

my friends group have made it through to be filmed and they are really talented. my fingers are crossed for them

http://www.youtube.com/goingvinyl#p/a/u/1/KOLE2V2BL7g

have a look see what you think

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"my friends group have made it through to be filmed and they are really talented. my fingers are crossed for them

have a look see what you think"

I liked that!

Hope they do well!

I'm an xfactor fan too!

I do get frustrated when they show acts like Jedward.. and they let acts like Gamu from last year slip through their fingers.

They are experienced judges though and im sure they know what they are doing.

to offer an alternative view

It will end up with the same bland R&B singers offering nothing new

Show such as this are boring, repetitive and unimaginative. If you want to listen to music either see a live act or on TV watch Late with Jools Holland

"my friends group have made it through to be filmed and they are really talented. my fingers are crossed for them

have a look see what you think"

really very good fingers crossed thay do well xxx

doesnt have to be R&B singers though, last years winner was far from an R&B singer. Rhydian from years before was more from an opera/theatre background same with Joe McEldery

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"to offer an alternative view

It will end up with the same bland R&B singers offering nothing new

Show such as this are boring, repetitive and unimaginative. If you want to listen to music either see a live act or on TV watch Late with Jools Holland"

The acts on Jools Holland have already been discovered though haven't they...

And plenty of the acts on Jools show sing R&B, Soul and Blues....do you turn it off when they perform?

Just because all singers cant necessarily read/write or play music doesn't mean they cant be talented vocalists either.

Just listening to some contestants gives me goosebumps.. id love to have their talents

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

Sorry but I hate x factor and shows like that

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Talented ? X factor? should those two words be used in the same sentence?

"Talented ? X factor? should those two words be used in the same sentence?

"

of course they should.. some amazing singers on that show :D

"I do get frustrated when they show acts like Jedward.. and they let acts like Gamu from last year slip through their fingers.

They are experienced judges though and im sure they know what they are doing."

Gamu was not good. A mediocre singer with odd facial expressions and bodily gesticulations. She wasn't winning material.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

of course they should.. some amazing singers on that show :D"

welll hope you enjoy it....i obviously just dont get it....not that i want to though

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Oh I hoped the OP was going to carry on with

has been cancelled

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

feck, it's not getting to that time again is it???

i love it love it love it! haha

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I only watch it when the complete idiots an d no hopers are on it.It loses its (minimal) appeal for me once they get to the bland cover versions

God is this shit coming back again.! Processed music etc, folk that have never worked the circuits, and learned their craft, just expect to be stars overnight, with having to work years like the musicians of the past. Certainly wont be watching it

This Year's X Factor

Will be the same as last year's X factor

will be better cos my mates on it this year

Torquay

I haven't watched the last couple of X Factor series, but it's worth pointing out that these are individual singers and vocal groups.....not musicians or instrument players.

Because of that I fail to see how them not having played 'The Circuits' or 'Learned their craft' has anything to do with it?

If you look back at many famous and succesful vocalists like Matt Monroe, Dusty Springfield etc. they were not musicians, they sang songs penned by musicians and lyricists.

So for many succesful artists it's down to their voice and not about having played small venues that matters.

"will be better cos my mates on it this year "

well good luck to her/him

of course they should.. some amazing singers on that show :D"

There are people who can sing but by no means amazing, but they sing the same dross year on year

There will be a queen night, abba night, swing night (not that sort!!) etc

The winner will be the Xmas no1 and Cowell will be several millions richer

If only the tone-deaf British public would vetoed there lazy arses and listen to new talent live

Rant over feel much better for that

I do think that Simon Cowell has killed the idea of Xmas number one, we will forever be stuck with the same Xmas songs because no artist will release a Christmas themed song knowing the X Factor final is the week before.

Think the winner would be happy with just a number one, not necessarily the Christmas number one

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"we all love this too x some i know hate it . My dad was a singer ... as a child i would go with him and mum sit there lison with my bottle of and crips."

Heer is the thing, your Dad went out to the pubs and clubs and worked for whatever recognition he could get, one day he may have got that break, worked hard for it

Tony Christie is a classic example, another would be Sammy King (not particularly famous but he did write one of the best selling songs of all time and is a yorkshire based pub / club singer)

nowadays with all that is x-factor and teh other similar TV talent shows, everyone wants instant fame without putting in the groundwork

its a great shame

i love x factor. The auditions have me in stitches, the boot camp is where you get to see some of the talent emerge, and then when it goes to judges houses i end up in tears too! By the end of the series i am an emotional wreck!

Torquay

"we all love this too x some i know hate it . My dad was a singer ... as a child i would go with him and mum sit there lison with my bottle of and crips.

Heer is the thing, your Dad went out to the pubs and clubs and worked for whatever recognition he could get, one day he may have got that break, worked hard for it

Tony Christie is a classic example, another would be Sammy King (not particularly famous but he did write one of the best selling songs of all time and is a yorkshire based pub / club singer)

nowadays with all that is x-factor and teh other similar TV talent shows, everyone wants instant fame without putting in the groundwork

its a great shame"

There are simply not the pubs and clubs or circuits like there were in those days.....it's the 21st Century, the age of Media....things change.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"we all love this too x some i know hate it . My dad was a singer ... as a child i would go with him and mum sit there lison with my bottle of and crips.

its a great shame

There are simply not the pubs and clubs or circuits like there were in those days.....it's the 21st Century, the age of Media....things change."

actually they do still exist at least up here they do

Torquay

Not in the same numbers. nor are they frequented by the same numbers of people.

It's all very well looking back and saying how great things were, but for a whole new generation things are done differently.

There are now solo artists and bands being signed up on the strength of youtube demos....When my other half worked for a well know music paper when we first met, he would attend small gigs all over London where up and coming bands were doing their thing.

But times change, and so have the attitudes and habits of a new generation of solo artists and bands....

Hayle

"I do think that Simon Cowell has killed the idea of Xmas number one, we will forever be stuck with the same Xmas songs because no artist will release a Christmas themed song knowing the X Factor final is the week before.

Think the winner would be happy with just a number one, not necessarily the Christmas number one"

I made sure that I brought rage against the machine to get it to number 1 instead of x factor

"I do think that Simon Cowell has killed the idea of Xmas number one, we will forever be stuck with the same Xmas songs because no artist will release a Christmas themed song knowing the X Factor final is the week before.

Think the winner would be happy with just a number one, not necessarily the Christmas number one

I made sure that I brought rage against the machine to get it to number 1 instead of x factor"

I did laugh at that when they made number one.. serves cowell right for trying to ruin christmas

Hayle

Thing is cowell didn't lose out rage against the machine was on one of his many labels

Just hope we dont get One like Wagner this year . He could not sing .. was so bad.

I've got the X factor

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

didnt matt cardle sing all over the pubs clubs for years and never got a break till the xfactor ,ok sum love it sum dont but the best thing is when you get very young talent even if they dont make it and come back and try again.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"I haven't watched the last couple of X Factor series, but it's worth pointing out that these are individual singers and vocal groups.....not musicians or instrument players.

Because of that I fail to see how them not having played 'The Circuits' or 'Learned their craft' has anything to do with it?

If you look back at many famous and succesful vocalists like Matt Monroe, Dusty Springfield etc. they were not musicians, they sang songs penned by musicians and lyricists.

So for many succesful artists it's down to their voice and not about having played small venues that matters."

I can't imagine Songwriters of the calibre of Bacharach and David and Carole King wanting to work with Matt Cardle somehow. Dusty Springfield was instrumental in bringing Motown to a wider audience - i cant imagine Matt Cardel or any of the others who win x factor leaving an legacy as great as Dusty Springfield.

"I really really really can't wait for it to start

Love shows like this, it show cases some real talented people "

CuteNSassy did you get through your audition? Or am i dreaming that you went for an audition? xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I haven't watched the last couple of X Factor series, but it's worth pointing out that these are individual singers and vocal groups.....not musicians or instrument players.

So for many succesful artists it's down to their voice and not about having played small venues that matters.

I can't imagine Songwriters of the calibre of Bacharach and David and Carole King wanting to work with Matt Cardle somehow. Dusty Springfield was instrumental in bringing Motown to a wider audience - i cant imagine Matt Cardel or any of the others who win x factor leaving an legacy as great as Dusty Springfield.

"

Im a great dusty springfield fan, i just love her.

X factor, i love it. There is some great talent and also some less than great talent. Leona Lewis is probably the biggest star to come from the show.

The only reason the songs make number one at christmas is because the public buy them. Noone is forcing them to buy them. Worst thing to come out of xfactor is Jedward but i bet the little fuckers have got a damn sight more money than me in the bank so if they can work it good luck to them.

People talk about shows such as the xfactor as though they are a new phenomina. What about opportunity knocks and the one i cant remember the name of with tony hatch and micky most

Napoleon said "Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever"

Torquay

The last time I saw it was the year Leona Lewis won it, she has gone on to worldwide success, so if that is any indication that some of the contestants can build worthwhile careers then it can't all be bad.

Won't be watching it this time round though as I don't do telly much nowadays

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

X-Factor bosses are looking to get rid of Louis and Dannii. Such a loss!!

"X-Factor bosses are looking to get rid of Louis and Dannii. Such a loss!! "

Its all lack of talent idiots being critiqued by more lack of talent idiots. Cheep TV designed to entertain simpletons and people who are easily pleased.

» Add a new message to this topic