FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age criterias !!

Age criterias !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I messaged a lady who's age criteria was 30 to 48...I sent her a nice message and acknowledged that I was a little older than her criteria (49) but was still in good shape and fitter than some guys a lot younger than me....well I got a reply but it was so vitriolic about if I had read her profile and criteria etc then why did I bother (plus other nasty diatribe then blocked me)...she then changed her profile with caps saying NO ONE OVER 48 !!!

Just wondered in the scheme of things if a few years makes that much difference ,,,I could have been 48 two weeks ago but does a birthday make that much difference ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I messaged a lady who's age criteria was 30 to 48...I sent her a nice message and acknowledged that I was a little older than her criteria (49) but was still in good shape and fitter than some guys a lot younger than me....well I got a reply but it was so vitriolic about if I had read her profile and criteria etc then why did I bother (plus other nasty diatribe then blocked me)...she then changed her profile with caps saying NO ONE OVER 48 !!!

Just wondered in the scheme of things if a few years makes that much difference ,,,I could have been 48 two weeks ago but does a birthday make that much difference ?"

A neurotic unreasonable nutter blocked you. Just give thanks.

Some women on here behave in a disgusting manner.

They get in with the gang who are nothing more than the 'read what I wrote' brigade.

A nauseating school of divawhores they are.

Silly bitches.

Outside of swinging they wouldn't dare. In fact.....they'd be downright fucking lonely.

There..... that's my piece of wisdom for the day.

Wankers xxx

Sounds like you are better off without her and should move on.I often get told I am too young but I know I have the Body of a seventy year old...

Good god man what were ya thinking in daring ta approach someone when ya are a few months over their age limit

Get a grip xx

maybe the lady went a somewhat over the top with her response to the op,but in her defence,whats the point in having age limits if guys,or couples feel they can ignore, just because it suits them.i know i have had days where i am inundated with people outside our age limits,and after answering so many,it can get frustrating

just a thought

When being approached by someone who has clearly not bothered to read my profile, I roll my eyes and delete the message without a reply.

I do not reply with catty/nasty remarks as I do not see the point in doing so.

Quite right Pearl. Replying with the same nasty attitude wouldn't be pukka.

xx

well I just scrap in but I don't think I'll bother

People can decide whatever they like; some are obviously very strict and stick to what age group they are interested in. Mine is a guideline, gives me scope when chatting as some, for example, in their 30's are immature whereas others are not, equally for the 40's and 50's age group. I wouldnt necessarily say no to anyone outside my age preference as it depends on how well we get on and if they fit into any of the othe criteria i have, like distance. Just for the record, ive a 60 yr old that knocks the socks of the early 50's guys ive been with so i think perhaps she maybe missing something with you. On the other hand there was no need for the vile message she sent you, you are so much better off without her, plenty more fish in the sea

"When being approached by someone who has clearly not bothered to read my profile, I roll my eyes and delete the message without a reply.

I do not reply with catty/nasty remarks as I do not see the point in doing so. "

Oh I read her criteria and I do take note of criterias but just wondered if a year or two over is essential...is it because that year or two can make them decrepid I've seen some women in there sixties who are stunning and some in there forties who don't make the best of themselves shall we say !

If the criteria was say no one over 40 then of course i wouldn't bother !

there are some very needy women on this site who have profiles full of capitals what they want what they dont want ...blah blah blah !!!1...id just steer clear of those and have fun with the normal ladies on here who actually LIKE men !!!

"there are some very needy women on this site who have profiles full of capitals what they want what they dont want ...blah blah blah !!!1...id just steer clear of those and have fun with the normal ladies on here who actually LIKE men !!!"

Hmmmm ...maybe next time you up my way !! xxx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I do sometimes wonder why people feel it neccesary to air all their greviences with other members in public though.....

It's not only a discussion on age preference here is it?.....it's picking over the bones of a private exchange of messages between two members.....with only the evidence of one of the parties on display.

"there are some very needy women on this site who have profiles full of capitals what they want what they dont want ...blah blah blah !!!1...id just steer clear of those and have fun with the normal ladies on here who actually LIKE men !!!

Hmmmm ...maybe next time you up my way !! xxx "

yes sorry about yesterday my sister got stuck inthe snarl up on the a329!!!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Once she blocked you how could you see she's used capitals?

I'm with Pearl. I get people outwith my criteria all the time, I don't even bother with the eye rolling, I just delete and get on with my life.

The lady in question may have over-reacted, but it's annoying when you have a preference and people try and convince you you should relax them just for them. I'd run a mile from such a person simply, if they can't respect my most basic of preferences, they may want to push me into doing something I don't want just because they think I should.

Playing Devil's advocate as I'd really like to meet the man who thought he could convince me to do anything!

Torquay

"Once she blocked you how could you see she's used capitals? "

Oh don't go ruining a good tale!

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

Manners cost nothing in my book all she had 2 say was thanks but your out of my age range and leave it at that no need gettin shirty

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

"Once she blocked you how could you see she's used capitals?

"

I did wonder 2

"I do sometimes wonder why people feel it neccesary to air all their greviences with other members in public though.....

It's not only a discussion on age preference here is it?.....it's picking over the bones of a private exchange of messages between two members.....with only the evidence of one of the parties on display.

"

Well that did lead me to the question about how strict people were with age criterias...does a year or two make a difference ? ..I never mentioned the profile name or where she is from...she was a new user and I guess at least I got a reply....she changed her profile then sent me another message and then blocked me !!

I only arsked !!

"Once she blocked you how could you see she's used capitals?

I did wonder 2"

see above !!

"When being approached by someone who has clearly not bothered to read my profile, I roll my eyes and delete the message without a reply.

I do not reply with catty/nasty remarks as I do not see the point in doing so. "

I do the same although I do sometimes slip in a "no thankyou" as well if they've written a long email, manners dont hurt

My profile is just a guideline, I do not live my life adhering to the rules of the profile.

I have an age limit on mine, to be honest I cant actually remember what it is, I rarely read or update it, but it would probably say something like 35-55. If someone is 34 and I really liked them, I would arrange a meet. We like to explore and we dont have ideals set in stone that we abide by, but others are different. I wouldnt send anyone a nasty message back unless they had been rude to me.

By *ocksoff3Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

That's the best way to deal with ignorance - ignore it

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

I think every one should extend their age range to include me

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Some women on here behave in a disgusting manner"

A small minority of females exist on here, especially in chat rooms, who think their the bees knees to all and sundry, it's embarrassing watching some guys suk up to them

"I messaged a lady who's age criteria was 30 to 48...I sent her a nice message and acknowledged that I was a little older than her criteria (49) but was still in good shape and fitter than some guys a lot younger than me....well I got a reply but it was so vitriolic about if I had read her profile and criteria etc then why did I bother (plus other nasty diatribe then blocked me)...she then changed her profile with caps saying NO ONE OVER 48 !!!

Just wondered in the scheme of things if a few years makes that much difference ,,,I could have been 48 two weeks ago but does a birthday make that much difference ?"

I can't see no point in going over the top as uncalled for ..

.. but I think it's fair to respect someone's age limits even if you are only just outside of it.

Would 'you' do something that is just outside a limit of your's ?

Tony

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Nothing wrong with having preferences.

The abusive message is different. Because women are in demand on here some seriously think they are above themselves. They need a slap into the real world

Torquay

Once again, and not for the first time lately, a member gets slated in her absence....all on the say so of an accuser.

People are so quick to damn someone without knowing the other side of the 'story' on here of late.

The Op couldn't even get his story straight on when he was blocked, yet there you all are damning this woman on the say so of a thread starter.

Sad

birmingham

Unusual for you jane not to post facts

"yet there you all are damning this woman"

Should that not read "MOST" of you?

We're more likely to turn someone down because they're below our age range than above it, having said that I don't think I'd want to play with someone old enough to be my dad. Most important for us isn't age but being able to have a conversation - we're in this for the social side as well as the other.

Mrs R

Torquay

"Unusual for you jane not to post facts

yet there you all are damning this woman

Should that not read "MOST" of you? "

It was aimed at those damning this mystery 'woman', not everyone on the thread.

These threads are getting very bitchy lately....often based on original thread posts that are dubious to say the least.

If someone has been sent an offensive message then there is the Report facility to contact Admin, but this habit of starting a thread on the basis of a personal message seems to be catching on lately.

birmingham

"I don't think I'd want to play with someone old enough to be my dad.

"

Really?

Hummm, your profile states your willing to meet people aged 40 - 99

birmingham

"These threads are getting very bitchy lately..."

Oh, do I see a similarity with some politics threads, which tbh, bore me to tears, this is for fun, heavy topics should be kept away from this site, just my opiion

"These threads are getting very bitchy lately...

Oh, do I see a similarity with some politics threads, which tbh, bore me to tears, this is for fun, heavy topics should be kept away from this site, just my opiion "

Yup, I was also under the impression a "Lounge" was for relaxing and chillin out. There are outher forums for specific topics. But, hey ho, cest la vie.

Torquay

Oh, do I see a similarity with some politics threads, which tbh, bore me to tears, this is for fun, heavy topics should be kept away from this site, just my opiion "

Just how would you see a similarity between this thread and a politics thread?, threads such as this are based on hear say and one sided evidence.....threads that are on subjects that are current affairs with well documanted facts make for good debate.

If they get personal they can get stamped on by the moderators, whereas threads like this are totally based on the word of one person against someone who can't defend themselves.....

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Nothing wrong with having preferences.

The abusive message is different. Because women are in demand on here some seriously think they are above themselves. They need a slap into the real world"

well said and most of the women who post on the forums well all are in the real world unless you know different

birmingham

"Just how would you see a similarity between this thread and a politics thread..."

The fact you refer to some comments in this thread being bitchy, no different to some comments I've witnessed on political threads, the end of the day, a thread title gives an indication what the threads about, we have a choice to ignore the thread, as I do with political threads and move onto the next thread, or comment, one will get the feeling for a thread when glancing through it, if it's not to your taste, move on, it really is that simple.

We have moderators appointed by admin, it's for those moderators to decide whether comments on a thread are offensive / tiresome etc., etc., not you / me or anyone not appointed by admin.

"Nothing wrong with having preferences.

The abusive message is different. Because women are in demand on here some seriously think they are above themselves. They need a slap into the real world

well said and most of the women who post on the forums well all are in the real world unless you know different "

i thought this was a virtual world with alter egos ??? having said that people usually revert to type in forums...maybe im not cynical enough but i cant see why the op would lie about someone being abusive to him .? and i agree with Diamond about some of the ladies in chat ...has to be seen to be beleived,some are just so damned rude makes me ashamed to be a lady !!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

See, now do some people wonder why some people are scared to post in the forums? Especially the newbies, I'm not a newbie but sometimes I read things and think I am not getting involved in this, to me the OP posted a logical question about people's age ranges and how set in stone they are, just to have the usual people nit pick and bad mouth them, about the reasons why they have posted in the first place!

If you don't like it, please for once shut up and move on.....

For me, my age range is a guide only, it can move up and down but admittedly only a year or two.

To the OP just ignore, not all single females are up there own arse as has been suggested, but good luck

I have to admit that I would rather see a thread like this, albeit one sided, than the trying to get one over on other posters via web links from published articles, that we've been seeing lately. I would rather hear a persons own views and version of events rather than a googled version of another authors work.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

we have an age range on our profile too, some guys will message and be up to 15 or 20 years old than we ask for and say stuff like "only just outside your age range" or "young at heart" or "people tell me I look 10 years younger than I am". We don't expect these messages to ever stop, we just delete and move on, but we don't block and we are not abusive. Maybe the OP was the straw that broke the camels back and the woman he messaged had just had enough of people not respecting her wishes. You can chance your arm and message if your outside someones stated criteria, but you have to take the consequences if you do, otherwise don't bother them. Don't take it to heart just keep going.

We have a lower age limit as we have kids in their 20's and it doesnt seem right in my eyes ( this is just my personal opinion) to be fucking someone same age as my kids,

you seen the age criteria..why not just move on , its you who are wrong

I think everyone on here should choose whoever and what ever they want it's a swinging site for fun and I sure there's someone for everyone

Site preferences are there so we can chose what suits.

If I chose 30, then 29 is not what I am looking for.

I have set mine at the lowest I feel comfortable with and even then I have given a few years as I actually prefer over 35.( as previously said, some are more mature than others)

So your extra year, may of been more than that in reality.

Respect peoples preferences and if you dont, you cant be suprised if they tear the face off you.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

Our age limit has very recently been pushed to the absolute limit of 45 because we met someone socially who at 45 made us realise there are people out there who will push those boundaries.

my mother however is 51 so no, I will absolutely not raise our limit above 45 and why should I, even if a few months does make the difference between one age and the next? I don't want to be fucking someone who is the same age as my mother and who would?

OP, get over yourself. Preferences are there for a reason and not to be questioned. You read the profile and chose to ignore it. That's your problem, not the other persons!

*Her*

Just wondered in the scheme of things if a few years makes that much difference ,,,I could have been 48 two weeks ago but does a birthday make that much difference ?

A neurotic unreasonable nutter blocked you. Just give thanks.

Some women on here behave in a disgusting manner.

They get in with the gang who are nothing more than the 'read what I wrote' brigade.

A nauseating school of divawhores they are.

Silly bitches.

Outside of swinging they wouldn't dare. In fact.....they'd be downright fucking lonely.

There..... that's my piece of wisdom for the day.

Wankers xxx

"

Wise words

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Granny you are the best

that's just plain stupid, the difference of one year or 2 or 3 shouldn't matter one bit. I agree with other comments she must be a bit weird and stupid and probably unreasonable.

Probably a manager in some shithole of an organisation where verything must be just so, she'll miss out on a lot in life. Her loss, not yours move on and enjoy the genuine folk who do exist.

To be fair, for those who have set their upper age limit to 95 I don't think there would be much difference between a 95 year old and a 99 year old. Apart from medication maybe. Obviously

"To be fair, for those who have set their upper age limit to 95 I don't think there would be much difference between a 95 year old and a 99 year old. Apart from medication maybe. Obviously "

repeat Inhalers?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"that's just plain stupid, the difference of one year or 2 or 3 shouldn't matter one bit. I agree with other comments she must be a bit weird and stupid and probably unreasonable.

Probably a manager in some shithole of an organisation where verything must be just so, she'll miss out on a lot in life. Her loss, not yours move on and enjoy the genuine folk who do exist."

oooh errrrrrrrrrr!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"that's just plain stupid, the difference of one year or 2 or 3 shouldn't matter one bit. I agree with other comments she must be a bit weird and stupid and probably unreasonable.

Probably a manager in some shithole of an organisation where verything must be just so, she'll miss out on a lot in life. Her loss, not yours move on and enjoy the genuine folk who do exist."

Yeah lets abuse someone we don't know just because someone told you a story.

How do you know the story is true?

Shame you are 3 years too young for me

I know I will come over as a complete arse but can I just point out that criteria is the plural and criterion is the singular. Sorry Popshot, I cannot help myself, and I am not even a school teacher

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As this thread proved, when an OP is personal to someone on the site it just brings personal comments to another member and most not nice.

If you have issues with what someone has said to you in mail, block and delete.

If it is against site rules, REPORT it, but please stop bringing it onto the forums.

"As this thread proved, when an OP is personal to someone on the site it just brings personal comments to another member and most not nice.

If you have issues with what someone has said to you in mail, block and delete.

If it is against site rules, REPORT it, but please stop bringing it onto the forums.

"

I don`t Rugby, do I, do I, I`m good me arn`t I, eh,eh,eh.