FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Waxing or shaving

Waxing or shaving

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emma 1 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Do you who like a smooth skinned body prefer waxing, shaving or using hair removal cream ?

I prefer getting waxed myself x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

All sounds very painful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Petrol and a match.

Glasgow

No pain no gain x

By *GHertsCouple  over a year ago

North Herts

I epilate as much as possible because it's more convenient than waxing and obviously cheaper. It's not so much the pain but the time it takes that's frustrating though.

Ms G

Well last night I (the guy) swung by Tesco and, amongst other things, picked up some waxing strips...I'm a modern man etc etc

Fast forward to shower time and I gave it a little go on a few areas...no real issues...

I then looked down and thought "I wonder hmmmm"

Strip duely applied to bollock area and rrrrrrrip......

Well in summary, and call me old fashioned, but bleeding from the testicles aint a good look!

God knows what the neighbours thought...

Couldnt get the bloody wax off either...

The rest was shaved!

I bow down to people wo can do this... give me an eight hour tat sitting any day

Mwah

X

North Herts

"Well last night I (the guy) swung by Tesco and, amongst other things, picked up some waxing strips...I'm a modern man etc etc

Fast forward to shower time and I gave it a little go on a few areas...no real issues...

Well in summary, and call me old fashioned, but bleeding from the testicles aint a good look!

The rest was shaved!

I bow down to people wo can do this... give me an eight hour tat sitting any day

Mwah

X"

Baby oil should get the wax off should you ever feel inclined to repeat the experiment!

Ms G

Glasgow

I get all areas waxed as it is worth it in the long run X

"Well last night I (the guy) swung by Tesco and, amongst other things, picked up some waxing strips...I'm a modern man etc etc

The rest was shaved!

Mwah

X

Baby oil should get the wax off should you ever feel inclined to repeat the experiment!

Ms G"

Thanks Ms G

That info will be added to the memory banks but never used in a practical sense... at least not on me!

North Herts

To add to what MsG has said and to give male experience to this - can highly recommend male intimate waxing if you have a salon that does it nearby, not the least bit painful (apart from one or two momentary pains that are a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10) or embarrassing as you might think, and don't think there was any wax left either. Totally different experience from home waxing kits.

Mr G

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"To add to what MsG has said and to give male experience to this - can highly recommend male intimate waxing if you have a salon that does it nearby, not the least bit painful (apart from one or two momentary pains that are a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10) or embarrassing as you might think, and don't think there was any wax left either. Totally different experience from home waxing kits.

Mr G"

Totally agree with this. The home kits just aren't anything like the same as a professional wax

Glasgow

"To add to what MsG has said and to give male experience to this - can highly recommend male intimate waxing if you have a salon that does it nearby, not the least bit painful (apart from one or two momentary pains that are a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10) or embarrassing as you might think, and don't think there was any wax left either. Totally different experience from home waxing kits.

Mr G

Totally agree with this. The home kits just aren't anything like the same as a professional wax"

If your getting a intamite wax you need to get it done by fully trained waxing experts that do this every day for a living, and the good salons have a social media page with positive review x

I tried wax strips on my arms a little while ago, never again. For more than a week afterwards it looked as if I had radiation burns

I have v sensitive skin plus hundreds of moles. My preference is a wet shave about once a week, and a circular electric razor in between times to stay smooth.

I have been looking at electric epilators though, anyone got any experience of those?

By *ellowbabesCouple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

I, Mr, tried magic powder the other day for the first time, having seen a lot of good reviews.....awesome! Follow the instructions, none of the fire of veet etc and spectacularly smooth result...highly recommended

My manscaping regime extends only to shaving where it matters

North Herts

"I tried wax strips on my arms a little while ago, never again. For more than a week afterwards it looked as if I had radiation burns

I have v sensitive skin plus hundreds of moles. My preference is a wet shave about once a week, and a circular electric razor in between times to stay smooth.

I have been looking at electric epilators though, anyone got any experience of those?"

Hi Niki, as I said up thread I epilate. I've got a Braun Silk Epil which must be 2 or 3 years old now so there's probably better models out now. Am pretty sure you can buy some epilators now that come with a detachable ice pack allegedly to numb the pain but really, you barely feel anything, honest. It's got 2 speeds but I find its best to use the fastest one .... only problem is it is quite time consuming and you have to be quite a contortionist to get at the backs of your thighs for example. On legs it's great, and will pick up quite short hairs. I've also used it more intimately- after gritting my teeth - and so long as you pull the skin taut it's pretty effective there too. I find that once you've done an all over treatment you probably have to do a quick whizz round about every 4 days or so thereafter to pick up stragglers at different stages of the hair growth cycle ... but you get the same issue with waxing too.

A word of warning, if you have long hair, tie it back because you don't want it caught in those discs believe me ...

Ms G

"I tried wax strips on my arms a little while ago, never again. For more than a week afterwards it looked as if I had radiation burns

I have been looking at electric epilators though, anyone got any experience of those?

Hi Niki, as I said up thread I epilate. I've got a Braun Silk Epil which must be 2 or 3 years old now so there's probably better models out now. Am pretty sure you can buy some epilators now that come with a detachable ice pack allegedly to numb the pain but really, you barely feel anything, honest. It's got 2 speeds but I find its best to use the fastest one .... only problem is it is quite time consuming and you have to be quite a contortionist to get at the backs of your thighs for example. On legs it's great, and will pick up quite short hairs. I've also used it more intimately- after gritting my teeth - and so long as you pull the skin taut it's pretty effective there too. I find that once you've done an all over treatment you probably have to do a quick whizz round about every 4 days or so thereafter to pick up stragglers at different stages of the hair growth cycle ... but you get the same issue with waxing too.

A word of warning, if you have long hair, tie it back because you don't want it caught in those discs believe me ...

Ms G"

Thank you, what you say agrees with what other people have said.

I was looking at the Brauns the other day. My main reservation is that they need some growth in order to work... 0.5mm is mentioned on the box. I have dark hair and pale skin so any growth at all is very visible. So I'd always have a stubbly phase while the hair becomes long enough to epilate, which I'm not at all keen on. Ideally I'd like to try one before laying out, as they're not cheap and I already have quite a collection of electric razors etc that don't work for me : )

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated x

By *iptopcoolMan  over a year ago

mid

Wish they would make something for a mans face other than shaving, hate shaving and need to do it every other day.

Why can't they make a cream like they do for a woman's leg

"Wish they would make something for a mans face other than shaving, hate shaving and need to do it every other day.

Why can't they make a cream like they do for a woman's leg "

Magic powder as mentioned above ... apparently it was originally developed for black guys who are prone to razor bumps, but it seems to be a popular product with all types.

I've not tried it myself yet but I will, I have all sorts of problems with shaving : (

Glasgow

"Wish they would make something for a mans face other than shaving, hate shaving and need to do it every other day.

Why can't they make a cream like they do for a woman's leg "

You could look on you tube for beard waxing bet that lasts a while x

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Don't laugh...but I use the beard trimmer on my razor to shift the bulk of hair, then a wet shave with a Venus 3 razor to finish it off........may sound silly, but works for me

Completely by coincidence I shaved my bits for the first time last night on the spur of the moment.

Normally I tend to just trim but I found out quite easy and quick and having used a good quality razor and gel have had no rash etc.

So far I love the sensation and think I'd be inclined to keep it that way..

I'm sure though experiencing the itchiness that comes next could make me have other thoughts..

I did it for a meet this afternoon.. Who then cancelled last minute

"I, Mr, tried magic powder the other day for the first time, having seen a lot of good reviews.....awesome! Follow the instructions, none of the fire of veet etc and spectacularly smooth result...highly recommended"

I use this too, it does leave a very smooth finish, the only downside is that the hair starts to grow back almost immediately

» Add a new message to this topic